Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Purifoy and Wiley.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Purifoy and Wiley.
« on: March 21, 2018, 12:32:40 AM »
Purifoy must sit 30% of all games? Wiley cleared.

I'm still not sure what happened!

Auburn's Purifoy must sit out 30 percent of next season
https://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/1509627
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

Re: Purifoy and Wiley.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 08:23:30 AM »
Purifoy must sit 30% of all games? Wiley cleared.

I'm still not sure what happened!

Auburn's Purifoy must sit out 30 percent of next season
https://www.thescore.com/ncaab/news/1509627
That's 130%. 
One would think that sitting out an entire season would suffice.
That's fucked up!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 09:57:45 AM »
And yet, broccoli head sat out one pre-season game and all was good.  Taking AAU money from an assistant coach is not as bad as taking agent money for the future from an assistant coach I suppose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 09:59:52 AM »
And yet, broccoli head sat out one pre-season game and all was good.  Taking AAU money from an assistant coach is not as bad as taking agent money for the future from an assistant coach I suppose.
Jealous barner!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 11:18:28 AM »
One would presume this is good news for Bruce, no?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 11:49:19 AM »
Bruce has to sit out 37.885% or 267/715ths of the games.  Then we're good.  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 12:47:49 PM »
Bruce has to sit out 37.885% or 267/715ths of the games.  Then we're good.  :thumsup:
Brown and Harper were proactive and went ahead and sat out 5 of the last 8 games...so we should be good for next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 02:28:44 PM »
Brown and Harper were proactive and went ahead and sat out 5 of the last 8 games...so we should be good for next year.
You've got upper management written all over you.  I'm gonna be watching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 02:37:42 PM »
Sounds that way, but you never know with the Auburn Athletic Department.  I'm not so confident given the past track record.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 02:44:15 PM »
Hustle.  Ur doin' it rite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 05:09:28 PM »
copied then pasta'd from SECCountry dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

SAN DIEGO — Bruce Pearl says he expects Mustapha Heron, Austin Wiley and perhaps another Auburn basketball player or two to enter the 2018 NBA Draft process over the next few weeks.
Heron, who led Auburn in scoring this season with 16.4 points per game, hasn’t made a decision on whether he’ll return to school for his junior season or go pro.

“That’s something that I’ll talk to my family about and I’ll let you guys know,” Heron said Sunday after Auburn’s 84-53 loss to Clemson in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
College players can enter the NBA draft before April 22 at 11:59 p.m. ET and go through the “process,” as Pearl calls it, while maintaining their eligibility — if they don’t hire an agent.
MORE: Bruce Pearl: ‘My anticipation is that I’ll be Auburn’s basketball coach’
Players can participate in the NBA draft combine and individual workouts with teams, where they’ll get direct feedback on their stock. If the players decide they want to stay in school for another season, they must withdraw from the draft before the deadline on June 11 at 5 p.m. ET.
Pearl’s advice to Heron, the first 5-star signee in Auburn history, is to enter the draft and then make his decision.
“My message [is] take a look, and see where you’re going to get drafted,” Pearl said. “Go through the process. I think he’s ready to go through that process, and he should. You always make a good decision when you have more information. He should go through the process.”

Austin Wiley missed the entire 2017-18 season with Auburn due to eligibility concerns. (Wade Rackley/Auburn Athletics)
Pearl expects Wiley, who was ruled ineligible for the entire 2017-18 season due to his family’s connection with the federal investigation that led to the arrest of former assistant coach Chuck Person, to do the same thing. The NCAA ruled in January that Wiley would be eligible for the 2018-19 season.
While Heron hasn’t been a widely talked about as a pro prospect this season, Wiley has been a more popular name in NBA mock drafts and big board rankings. NBADraft.net currently has him as the No. 36 overall pick in the second round to the Dallas Mavericks.
“I would anticipate Austin going through the process,” Pearl said. “It wouldn’t surprise me if another player or two — not sure who — went through the process.”
MORE: Auburn’s to Clemson ‘doesn’t take anything away’ from historic season
Danjel Purifoy, who also missed the entire 2017-18 season with similar eligibility issues as Wiley, could be the other player. Unlike Wiley, Purifoy has not been ruled eligible for the 2018-19 season by the NCAA. Pearl said Sunday that “we still don’t know” about Purifoy’s status.
No matter which Auburn player decides to test the NBA draft waters, Pearl has the same message to all of them.

“They should get evaluated and see where they’re at,” Pearl said. “And then make a decision on whether it’s the right thing to come back or stay in the draft.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 11:50:27 PM »
It was the devastating injury to McLemore and then Brown's bad shoulder that got in their heads. They all aspire to be NBA players though it's fairly evident we likely have a couple that will play in Europe. Being a selfish Auburn fan I want to see them all play together next season with Pearl as the head coach.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 11:58:28 PM »
They all aspire to be NBA players though it's fairly evident we likely have a couple that will play in Europe. Being a selfish Auburn fan I want to see them all play together next season with Pearl as the head coach.
That could raise all of their stock!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 04:59:19 AM »
Sounds that way, but you never know with the Auburn Athletic Department.  I'm not so confident given the past track record.
We’ve got a new track now though.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 09:01:47 AM »
We’ve got a new track now though.  
Will this new track tell the NCAA to go fuck a goat?  I sure hope so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 10:51:19 AM »
It was the devastating injury to McLemore and then Brown's bad shoulder that got in their heads. They all aspire to be NBA players though it's fairly evident we likely have a couple that will play in Europe. Being a selfish Auburn fan I want to see them all play together next season with Pearl as the head coach.
The good news is that Purifoy has already stated that he will be back at AU next year.  Guess he decided that if he has a good season then he'll have a better chance of not having to play in Turkey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 12:17:10 PM »
The good news is that Purifoy has already stated that he will be back at AU next year.  Guess he decided that if he has a good season then he'll have a better chance of not having to play in Turkey.
Then he should appeal for time served!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions