Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2017-18 College Basketball Bitchin' and Moanin' Thread

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: 2017-18 College Basketball Bitchin' and Moanin' Thread
« Reply #360 on: February 22, 2018, 08:44:35 AM »
I really want to see the Tigers win tomorrow night so I can commission someone to create a video of Mustapha dressed as Mario hopping all over the mushrooms in red jerseys.
Change that to Harper...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #361 on: February 22, 2018, 08:51:22 AM »
One thing that made me giggle like a school girl was when one of the Bama players was on the foul line with that dumb ass bloomin' onion hairdo, the crowd was chanting "Dirty mop". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #362 on: February 22, 2018, 09:05:21 AM »
Question.  Have they changed the halftime dealio?  From what I understand, all they did was get a bunch of chicks from both schools making feel good nicey nice at mid court while the band played the fight song.  Isn't the SGA Prez from the opposing school supposed to sing it?

Or are we at the point where that would be considered a micro aggression and require immediate safe space time for said singer?
https://articles.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2018/02/alabama_sga_president_cant_lie.amp

I realize that you’re not exactly an insider like me. But your dad and BIL are connected. And honestly, all this one takes is google.

You fucking idiot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #363 on: February 22, 2018, 09:35:47 AM »
https://articles.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2018/02/alabama_sga_president_cant_lie.amp

I realize that you’re not exactly an insider like me. But your dad and BIL are connected. And honestly, all this one takes is google.

You fucking idiot.

:cage:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #364 on: February 22, 2018, 09:56:26 AM »
:cage:
Not intended to be. We each have a responsibility to at least attempt to find out published information ourselves. Some stuff, granted, will only be known by those of us behind the scenes.

But some questions are just a waste of our valuable time. And I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one that feels that way. There are numerous important people that feel the same.

All I’m saying is that you can do better.

Step it up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #365 on: February 22, 2018, 12:57:39 PM »
Did not see that coming with a short-handed squad.  Total pantsing of the turds.

Bama still being little bitches about handing off the trophy when we win?  Seems like they've weasled out of the last few times we were due to take possession.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #366 on: February 22, 2018, 01:12:31 PM »
Did not see that coming with a short-handed squad.  Total pantsing of the turds.

Bama still being little bitches about handing off the trophy when we win?  Seems like they've weasled out of the last few times we were due to take possession.
They sent a chick that had bigger balls than the last few SGA presidents.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #367 on: February 22, 2018, 01:17:51 PM »
HAIRCUT HAIRCUT HAIRCUT!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #368 on: February 22, 2018, 01:34:59 PM »
They sent a chick that had bigger balls than the last few SGA presidents.

You've got my attention.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #369 on: February 22, 2018, 02:06:48 PM »
Had a chance to go last night...good times.

First off, yes, they have changed up the trophy presentation a bit. It is horrible now. A lot more political and the Alabama chick didn't even sing the fight song. It was such bullshit. And Gus' smarmy ass still makes me throw up in my mouth a bit. The way he introduced the "SEC Western Division Champs" made me roll my eyes when he was sitting there talking in front of the fucking national champions. The whole thing was a big ball of meh.

As far as the game goes, that was great. This was only the second ballgame I have been to in the arena, with the first one being the first year it opened and we sucked. The place was kicking. And loud as shit. Everyone is packed in there big time and there is definitely an advantage for the Tigers when the crowd is loud. You could feel the energy.

Bruce and the team met up in the center of the court after the game was over with Bruce back turned toward the student section. All of a sudden, he turns around and him and the team sprint to the student section going nuts. The students in return went nuts. Then Bruce led the whole arena in several loud BOOOOOOOOOOM! as he pumped his fist. It was pretty awesome I have to say. I love that dude.

Snaggle...as far as your x's and o's on offense are concerned, I think I know what the difference is in the first couple of years and now. Last year it got a little better, but this year we seem to be a well oiled offensive machine. Jared fucking Harper. I can't stress enough how much of a badass that little kid is. When he is on the court running shit, Auburn will be a o.k. I thought he looked good on the TV, but seeing him in person was a whole other level. Everything offensively runs through that kid. When he wasn't on the floor, the offense stalled, especially without Heron out there to at least slash to the goal.

TL:DR...Bruce Pearl is the best hire ever made in any sport and Harper is a complete bad ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #370 on: February 22, 2018, 02:35:54 PM »
Had a chance to go last night...good times.

First off, yes, they have changed up the trophy presentation a bit. It is horrible now. A lot more political and the Alabama chick didn't even sing the fight song. It was such bullshit. And Gus' smarmy ass still makes me throw up in my mouth a bit. The way he introduced the "SEC Western Division Champs" made me roll my eyes when he was sitting there talking in front of the fucking national champions. The whole thing was a big ball of meh.

As far as the game goes, that was great. This was only the second ballgame I have been to in the arena, with the first one being the first year it opened and we sucked. The place was kicking. And loud as shit. Everyone is packed in there big time and there is definitely an advantage for the Tigers when the crowd is loud. You could feel the energy.

Bruce and the team met up in the center of the court after the game was over with Bruce back turned toward the student section. All of a sudden, he turns around and him and the team sprint to the student section going nuts. The students in return went nuts. Then Bruce led the whole arena in several loud BOOOOOOOOOOM! as he pumped his fist. It was pretty awesome I have to say. I love that dude.

Snaggle...as far as your x's and o's on offense are concerned, I think I know what the difference is in the first couple of years and now. Last year it got a little better, but this year we seem to be a well oiled offensive machine. Jared fucking Harper. I can't stress enough how much of a badass that little kid is. When he is on the court running shit, Auburn will be a o.k. I thought he looked good on the TV, but seeing him in person was a whole other level. Everything offensively runs through that kid. When he wasn't on the floor, the offense stalled, especially without Heron out there to at least slash to the goal.

TL:DR...Bruce Pearl is the best hire ever made in any sport and Harper is a complete bad ass.

Makes sense.  Really, the only guard we've had with real ball handling skillz was Kareem Canty (sp?).  But his entire game was going 1 on 4 every time he touched the ball.  I think Shim Sham Hakeem could have fit the bill but the poor kid's constant injuries stifled any chance of that.  Nice to have a guard that can run the show, shoot it a little from the outside and beat his man off the dribble. Opens up a lot. 

I'm still just so impressed with the Sonny Smith-esque rebounding this undersized bunch does.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #371 on: February 22, 2018, 02:46:10 PM »
Makes sense.  Really, the only guard we've had with real ball handling skillz was Kareem Canty (sp?).  But his entire game was going 1 on 4 every time he touched the ball.  I think Shim Sham Hakeem could have fit the bill but the poor kid's constant injuries stifled any chance of that.  Nice to have a guard that can run the show, shoot it a little from the outside and beat his man off the dribble. Opens up a lot. 

I'm still just so impressed with the Sonny Smith-esque rebounding this undersized bunch does.

Another note on Harper. Dude is a confident little shit. At the end of warmups during the shoot around, he just set out at the edge of the logo at mid court, probably 6-8 feet past mid court, and shot jumpers. When he shot one, he would raise his hand and someone would throw it out to him. When I started watching him, he hit probably 10 of 15. No shit. As everyone else went running in to the locker room, he casually nailed 3 in a row. Pretty much walked to the other side where someone threw him a ball at about the same spot on the other side of the court, and he drilled that before confidently striding to the locker room. No one else was on the court when he hit his last 4 mid court shots in a row.

So when he pulled up from that spot and nailed it in the game, I wasn't surprised. And I won't be any other time he shoots it.

And he SHOOTS it. He doesn't heave it up like you would think from 30+ feet. It is a jump shot like I would shoot a 10 footer...crazy. Dude is a bad ass...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #372 on: February 22, 2018, 03:29:16 PM »
Another note on Harper. Dude is a confident little shit. At the end of warmups during the shoot around, he just set out at the edge of the logo at mid court, probably 6-8 feet past mid court, and shot jumpers. When he shot one, he would raise his hand and someone would throw it out to him. When I started watching him, he hit probably 10 of 15. No shit. As everyone else went running in to the locker room, he casually nailed 3 in a row. Pretty much walked to the other side where someone threw him a ball at about the same spot on the other side of the court, and he drilled that before confidently striding to the locker room. No one else was on the court when he hit his last 4 mid court shots in a row.

So when he pulled up from that spot and nailed it in the game, I wasn't surprised. And I won't be any other time he shoots it.

And he SHOOTS it. He doesn't heave it up like you would think from 30+ feet. It is a jump shot like I would shoot a 10 footer...crazy. Dude is a bad ass...

I sense the Harper man-love is strong in this one.  Kind of like my boy crush on Ryan Davis. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #373 on: February 22, 2018, 04:12:50 PM »
Re the new layout, I inadvertently liked one of snag’s posts. It was intended for WE.

For the record.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #374 on: February 22, 2018, 08:06:24 PM »

FWIW the Bama SGA Prez got a DUI a couple of weeks ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #375 on: February 22, 2018, 08:37:30 PM »
FWIW the Bama SGA Prez got a DUI a couple of weeks ago.

Kids these days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #376 on: February 22, 2018, 10:59:37 PM »
Kids these days.
World's going to hell in a hand basket.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #377 on: February 23, 2018, 12:54:30 PM »
Snaggle...as far as your x's and o's on offense are concerned, I think I know what the difference is in the first couple of years and now. Last year it got a little better, but this year we seem to be a well oiled offensive machine.

All you have to look at is our FT%.  We are still shooting almost 80%.  This tells the tell of whether a team is well coached or not and will cover a LOT of other sins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #378 on: February 23, 2018, 02:13:45 PM »
All you have to look at is our FT%.  We are still shooting almost 80%.  This tells the tell of whether a team is well coached or not and will cover a LOT of other sins.
Glad he finally started coaching because the 3 previous years were 67%...63% and 66%. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #379 on: February 23, 2018, 03:36:20 PM »
Glad he finally started coaching because the 3 previous years were 67%...63% and 66%.
If an emphasis is placed on getting the the points from the stripe it always gives you a good chance to be successful.  A cursory look at the games thus far tells me that we are at about 17-11 shooting free throws the way we have the last three forever years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."