Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn 2017 SEC Media Days

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Auburn 2017 SEC Media Days
« on: July 05, 2017, 03:12:33 PM »
Kicker Daniel Carlson (A.K.A. Legatron)
Saftey Tray Matthews (A.K.A. TriggaTrey)
OT Braden Smith (A.K.A. The Specimen, The Prototype, Hulk)

represent for the Tigers. July 13 is our day. We can expect no less than 17 stories on how Carlson's family hates him, how many times Matthews should have been arrested, and Smith is probably on the gas columns by Scarbinsky.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 04:18:55 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Auburn 2017 SEC Media Days
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 03:55:46 PM »
Carlson is a traitor to his family

Trey is a thug that uga didn't want

Braden is on the juice

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 04:18:26 PM »
Carlson is a traitor to his family

Trey is a thug that uga didn't want

Braden is on the juice

What are Headlines on AL.Com for Auburn's coverage of SEC Media Days 2017, Alex?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 02:39:26 AM »
Kicker Daniel Carlson (A.K.A. Legatron)
Saftey Tray Matthews (A.K.A. TriggaTrey)
OT Braden Smith (A.K.A. The Specimen, The Prototype, Hulk)

represent for the Tigers. July 13 is our day. We can expect no less than 17 stories on how Carlson's family hates him, how many times Matthews should have been arrested, and Smith is probably on the gas columns by Scarbinsky.
Lol yup,
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2017, 12:09:50 PM »
WHAT GUS SAID

All of this from Al.com

-- Opening remarks: Summarizes Braden Smith, Tray Matthews and Daniel Carlson as the team's players reps.

-- Recaps last year: "We started out, we had some major adversity." Proud of how team "rebounded." "We had some key injuries late, we kind of limped home."

-- "Probably the biggest question mark for our team right now is who's going to be our starting punter."

-- Says the team is "hungry, and they got something to prove." Last time he felt this way was 2013.

-- On Jarrett Stidham: "The biggest comfort for me right now is we got quality depth at the quarterback position." Praises Stidham's leadership, praises Sean White's abilities. "We've got two of the better quarterbacks I feel like."

-- On "catching up" with Alabama: "Obviously they're on the top, they've won it the last three years. The No. 1 recruiting class every year." Says Auburn has "high expectations" and has goal to win SEC Championship, "to do that, you got to beat Alabama."

-- On Malik Miller: He's gotten bigger and faster.

-- Expects to see more odd-front than even-front defenses this year

-- On Braden Smith: Says he's come a long way as a leader

-- On linebackers: Says Deshaun Davis and Tre' Williams were big part of why defense turned around

-- On quarterbacks: While the two will battle through fall camp, Malzahn said the team will avoid a situation like last season, when the competition bled into the start of the season and included an ill-fated and chaotic three-man quarterback rotation during a season-opening loss to Clemson.

"It will be earlier than last year," Malzahn said. "There's no doubt."

-- Says Marlon Davidson will be called up to be "impact player'

-- On SEC East talk, "I like the way it is right now." Says it was all blown out of proportion.

-- On Kevin Steele: Says he should've been "right in the middle" of the conversation for the Broyles award for what he did in turning around the Auburn defense last season.

-- On Casey Dunn & Wilson Bell: "Both of them will have a chance to really help us." Says Wilson Bell is a "mountain of a man." Casey Dunn was "a phenomenal player" at JSU.

-- On playing Clemson: Says team is "sick" about loss from last year, teams have history

-- "We're going to throw it quite a bit more."

-- On Hugh Freeze: "Hugh is one of my good friends in this business, he's one of the good guys in college football."
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 12:14:24 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2017, 02:03:53 PM »
He forgot, "We're just trying to get better every week".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 02:10:05 PM »
He forgot, "We're just trying to get better every week".
The scuttlebutt on Twitter seemed to be there was less coachspeak than usual from Gus, but yeah, I'm not really seeing it.

Maybe it was more to do with his inflection/enthusiasm? Hoping he's more confident for good reason?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 02:13:53 PM »
The scuttlebutt on Twitter seemed to be there was less coachspeak than usual from Gus, but yeah, I'm not really seeing it.

Maybe it was more to do with his inflection/enthusiasm? Hoping he's more confident for good reason?

It was all about Houston busting his Nutt all over FreezeHugh today. Oh, and how Alabama doesn't really care about Auburn as a rival.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 02:22:05 PM »

My buddy, who did his show from the Wind Free the last couple of days, said the same thing.  He seemed more loose and a little more open.  He's still the king of coach speak, though. 

He says he's not going to let the QB battle go as late as it did last year, and I hope that's the case.  But he said the same thing before last year.  "We want to name our starter much earlier this year".  I don't think we knew until kick off of the Clemson game.  I will say I feel mucho bettero having both Stidham and White on the roster.  Contrary to a lot people's opinion, if I knew Sean White would be 100% for the entire season, I'd be perfectly comfortable with the QB position.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 03:34:54 PM »
My buddy,

Hmm. YOu got a buddy?

Contrary to a lot people's opinion, if I knew Sean White would be 100% for the entire season, I'd be perfectly comfortable with the QB position.

I have said this all along. If the kid could stay healthy, he is really good. Having him and Stidham, I feel we are in a good place right now.
I wanted to feel this way two season ago, but JJ6 crushed that dream. Hopefully Stidham can make that memory go away!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 04:38:49 PM »
Hmm. YOu got a buddy?

I have said this all along. If the kid could stay healthy, he is really good. Having him and Stidham, I feel we are in a good place right now.
I wanted to feel this way two season ago, but JJ6 crushed that dream. Hopefully Stidham can make that memory go away!
He ad nausea talks about this "buddy" but I think your answer is truthfully, no. At least not this particular one.

I have stated before on here, the White boy is too short. Look at how many balls he had batted down. I don't know how many but pretty sure we should take the over on the average.

But he's still good. Not good enough to win the sec but pretty good. We are solid d 2 deep at QB. Pretty good 3 deep I believe. Better than we've been sense I don't ny know when. Maybe the best ever at QB which is amazing, considering last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 04:51:13 PM »
I have buddies.  Mmmmm....buddies!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2017, 08:52:25 PM »
They never asked him about his admiration of Nick Saban?  Weird.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2017, 10:30:05 PM »
I'm gonna laugh when Sean White starts the Georgia Southern game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2017, 09:38:48 AM »
I'm gonna laugh when Sean White starts the Georgia Southern game.
I have already said I think Sean starts the season.

I refuse to get caught up in Stidham mania until he has played a few games.  Call it my Jeremy Johnson fool me once phobia.

That being said, I just wants us to win games don't really care if it's Sean or Stidham.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 10:19:52 AM »

I refuse to get caught up in Stidham mania until he has played a few games.  Call it my Jeremy Johnson fool me once phobia.

That being said, I just wants us to win games don't really care if it's Sean or Stidham.

What if it were Buzz?  Could you support a Buzz-led Offense?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 10:56:32 AM »
What if it were Buzz?  Could you support a Buzz-led Offense?
I could win the SEC
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 11:30:34 AM »

I would be deflated if he does...I want a fresh start. 

I agree.  I don't think this will be a JJ repeat though...a lot of fake news from the staff and media that season.  Romo Johnson wasn't that great to begin with...I think we all knew that deep down despite his brilliant game against Arkansas. 

Agreed but it will be with Stidham.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 01:20:21 PM »

He speaks for all of us.

Srsly tho......Not just JJ but Kodi, Kiehl as well. I think Stidham is a very good QB with the total package but I want to see him actually play an SEC game first. LSU and BAMA's DL aint exactly Kansas and Texas Tech.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

chinook

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 01:43:49 PM »
He speaks for all of us.

Srsly tho......Not just JJ but Kodi, Kiehl as well. I think Stidham is a very good QB with the total package but I want to see him actually play an SEC game first. LSU and BAMA's DL aint exactly Kansas and Texas Tech.

No.  No he doesn't.

Are you excited to think Sean White could be the starter?  I'm not.  I'm on the Stidham bus. I'll fucking burn in it if I have too. I didn't buy the first ticket on it but sure hell ain't going to be the last on either.  We haven't beat Alabama or Georgia in 3 years.  We haven't beat LSU in Baton Rouge since 2008.   

I hate that sports cliche...btw.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions