Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn 2017 SEC Media Days

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Auburn 2017 SEC Media Days
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2017, 01:34:04 PM »
Strongly disagree.  I thought he was the key to the Gushlee offense after that half against the Hogs.  I remain solidly convinced that JJ was failed by the coaches.

White has certainly shown (when the playcalling isn't done by a crack-addled rhesus monkey) that he can win big in the SEC. 

I'm happy if he starts (with the above disclaimer) or if it's Stidham (from whom I expect big things).  The success of this year's iteration of the Auburn Tigers lies almost wholly at the feet of the coaches.  All the pieces to the puzzle are there.

Last year was a puzzle.  We either lit it up like a pinball machine - Arkansas - or couldn't make a fucking first down- UGA. 

Injuries. Blah blah.  Good teams have the next man up. Good coaches have the next man ready. It was the clearest sign yet to me that Gus is truly a one trick pony in that when he has X, Y and Z in place it works.  But replace X with R?  Even if R is talented, if R doesn't do exactly what a X did it doesn't work.

Also galling to me is that there is no backup plan beyond panicked chaos.  He either keeps doing the same failed thing or it goes all to hell. We don't make adjustments. We don't have a plan B.

If Stidham is the "answer" and we return to scoring at will (Cam, Nick) I'm going to be happy. But I'm also going to be frustrated because it won't prove Gus' ability to coach.  I will have questions and doubts.  That said, are we okay with a few mediocre maddening years capped by one where he finds the juco/transfer diamond?  And if you are a good QB why in the hell would you want to come there and put in the work knowing that he's panning for castoff gold every winter? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2017, 08:46:32 AM »
That said, are we okay with a few mediocre maddening years capped by one where he finds the juco/transfer diamond?  And if you are a good QB why in the hell would you want to come there and put in the work knowing that he's panning for castoff gold every winter?

I've been vocal about it the past few years, but I'm absolutely not okay with the rollercoaster ride that is Auburn football.

My biggest hope is that Gus finally got rid of Lashlee and we'll see better QB development with the new OC. Considering the defense has been improving since Muschamp came in, I like to think AU could become a more consistent product over the next few years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2017, 09:51:25 AM »
Can't claim better QB development this year.  Remember what everybody says.  Stidham was trained by someone else before he got here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2017, 10:16:02 AM »
Auburn is going to show out this year and Stidham will be invited to New York.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2017, 10:43:38 AM »

Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

I'm leaning this way, but have been burned too often to feel comfortable with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2017, 10:53:40 AM »

I certainly hope so, with the caveat that even so it won't quell lingering doubts about Malzahn's overall ability. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2017, 11:01:28 AM »
I've been vocal about it the past few years, but I'm absolutely not okay with the rollercoaster ride that is Auburn football.

My biggest hope is that Gus finally got rid of Lashlee and we'll see better QB development with the new OC. Considering the defense has been improving since Muschamp came in, I like to think AU could become a more consistent product over the next few years.
I know you don't have the same access as I do but I'm going to try to help you out and keep you from looking like more of a dumbass. You probably ought to stop singing Muschamp's praises, considering he could be leaving AU for a HC gig at any moment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2017, 11:03:11 AM »
Anything short of a National Championship and a Heisman for Johnson Stidham this season will be a disappointment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

chinook

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2017, 11:13:27 AM »
Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

I'm leaning this way, but have been burned too often to feel comfortable with it.

Jeremy Johnson?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2017, 11:57:54 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2017, 12:01:48 PM »
Ron Burgundy?
Dammit, who typed a question mark on the teleprompter? For the last time, anything you put on that teleprompter Burgundy will read!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2017, 12:19:51 PM »
Hey, nice clothes, gentlemen. I didn't know that the Salvation Army was having a sale.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2017, 12:52:23 PM »
Strongly disagree.  I thought he was the key to the Gushlee offense after that half against the Hogs.  I remain solidly convinced that JJ was failed by the coaches.

I too think this was on coaching. The first half against the Hogs, he was tossing the ball down the middle, running what seemed to be a different side to the offense. If you look back though, it petered out right before half. The coaches started calling the NM offense.

And then when the next season started, they still called the NM offense.

Would JJ6 have been successful if they had called a similar offense as say, Todd? I don't know, but it would have been nice to at least see.

I think they put him in a position where he could not be NM. Hell, nobody could. And they ruined him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2017, 12:55:56 PM »
I too think this was on coaching. The first half against the Hogs, he was tossing the ball down the middle, running what seemed to be a different side to the offense. If you look back though, it petered out right before half. The coaches started calling the NM offense.

And then when the next season started, they still called the NM offense.

Would JJ6 have been successful if they had called a similar offense as say, Todd? I don't know, but it would have been nice to at least see.

I think they put him in a position where he could not be NM. Hell, nobody could. And they ruined him.

Agree with all of this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2017, 01:30:40 PM »
Agree with all of this.
Congrats on finding the one thing that you have in common with CCTAU, even though it is also wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2017, 01:52:18 PM »
Congrats on finding the one thing that you have in common with CCTAU, even though it is also wrong.

Racist bastage!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2017, 02:57:13 PM »
I think you guys are giving JJ way too much credit. He had the physical skills, but I just don't think that he could cut it mentally playing QB for a top SEC team. Dude couldn't handle the pressure and if his first option wasn't there, he went full tard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2017, 03:00:38 PM »
I think you guys are giving JJ way too much credit. He had the physical skills, but I just don't think that he could cut it mentally playing QB for a top SEC team. Dude couldn't handle the pressure and if his first option wasn't there, he went full tard.
This is true, although I believe that better position coaching and influence early in his career could have turned him into an sec QB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2017, 03:05:21 PM »
This is true, although I believe that better position coaching and influence early in his career could have turned him into an sec QB.

You got something against the Lash?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2017, 04:12:03 PM »

Dude, you can coach someone all you want to, but that doesn't mean he can read a cover 2 at game time...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions