Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn 2017 SEC Media Days

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Auburn 2017 SEC Media Days
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2017, 02:02:49 PM »
What if it were Buzz?  Could you support a Buzz-led Offense?

With those guns he can throw it over the mountains.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2017, 02:06:54 PM »
No.  No he doesn't.

Are you excited to think Sean White could be the starter?  I'm not.  I'm on the Stidham bus. I'll fucking burn in it if I have too. I didn't buy the first ticket on it but sure hell ain't going to be the last on either.  We haven't beat Alabama or Georgia in 3 years.  We haven't beat LSU in Baton Rouge since 2008.   

I hate that sports cliche...btw.

I am more than confident in Sean as long as he can stay healthy.  Again the kid is efficient and wins ball games, but think what you want to think.

I don't know how you can say anything bad about him other than he is injury prone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2017, 02:30:40 PM »
I'm amblivilous about it.  As I said, if you could guarantee White is healthy the whole season, I'm fine with him.  Stidham, on the other hand, is not as much of an "unknown" as JJ was when he was named the starter.  We had one half of action and a few hand offs to go on. Stidham has played in 10 games and started 3 of them and put up some very good numbers. 

And BTW, I guzzled the Johnson juice.  (Eeeewwww) I really thought he was going to put up sick numbers at Auburn.  Actually, he did.  His numbers made me sick.

I guess ultimately, I'm hoping the perception by many that JS is a step up from White is correct.  That just makes us that much better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2017, 02:36:37 PM »
I am more than confident in Sean as long as he can stay healthy.  Again the kid is efficient and wins ball games, but think what you want to think.

I don't know how you can say anything bad about him other than he is injury prone.

you're right i can't say anything bad about him.  he's our Tony Romo.  awesome character...stand up guy with mediocre candy dish stats.  he's a 7-5 or 8-4 guy.  i'm ready to see if stidham is a 3-8 qb or a 12-0 qb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2017, 02:43:20 PM »
I truly believe we can win with either at QB as long as they stay healthy.  That has been a challenge for White, unfortunately.

The only difference IMO between having either of the two as the starter would be the run-pass ratio.  It would be about a 10-15% difference...leaning a little more on the run if White starts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2017, 03:22:46 PM »
I didn't go to the last A day but watched on tv.  Been to the last several and numerous over the years. The most excited I was to see a QB play was Cam. Granted, he didn't show out and there was no indication of the Heisman but I was very impressed and moist.

Stidham made some throws I've never seen an AU QB make. Super tight windows.

I'll go ahead and make my prediction. I think he breaks records. He's a difference maker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2017, 03:25:00 PM »
I didn't go to the last A day but watched on tv.  Been to the last several and numerous over the years. The most excited I was to see a QB play was Cam. Granted, he didn't show out and there was no indication of the Heisman but I was very impressed and moist.

Stidham made some throws I've never seen an AU QB make. Super tight windows.

I'll go ahead and make my prediction. I think he breaks records. He's a difference maker.

Cam Martin doesn't even play QB. 

Dumb ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2017, 03:33:47 PM »
Cam Martin doesn't even play QB. 

Dumb ass.
I'll knock your teeth so far down your throat you'll have to unzip your pants to tell what time it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2017, 03:41:14 PM »
I'll knock your teeth so far down your throat you'll have to unzip your pants to tell what time it is.

Oh yeah? Well I'll....wait....what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2017, 03:50:31 PM »
Again I want whoever is our QB to win us games, bottom line.

I just don't get those that think Sean couldn't be that person.  He has proved he can be as good as advertised.
He is now a Junior, hopefully, with a good QB coach now. 

I'll agree a big part of me wants to see him succeed because he has given us his all and now this Stidham kid is supposed to be the second coming of Jesus Newton.  Plus there is a contingent of fans that think Sean is nothing but an avg. QB when in reality I think the real problem has been coaching and play calling and not Sean.

That said, if Stidham is the second coming of Jesus and leads us out of Egypt like Moses to the promised land.  Well.... praise be War Damn Stidham.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2017, 03:55:04 PM »

I just don't get those that think Sean couldn't be that person.  He has proved he can be as good as advertised.

I'll agree a big part of me wants to see him succeed because he has given us his all and now this Stidham kid is supposed to be the second coming of Jesus Newton.  Plus there is a contingent of fans that think Sean is nothing but an avg. QB when in reality I think the real problem has been coaching and play calling and not Sean.

That said, if Stidham is the second coming of Jesus and leads us out of Egypt like Moses to the promised land.  Well.... praise be War Damn Stidham.

:kimclap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2017, 04:11:50 PM »

I really like him and mostly agree with nook's assessment. I do think he's a step slow to be a little short. Can't be both.

I also believe he's injury prone. But he's a tough kid. And coaching may make a big difference in batted balls, I would love to see it.

He has a strong arm but no touch a lot of times on short passes. Even in warm ups. Maybe this changes with coaching too. He's a really scrappy and tough dude. Like you, I'm for whoever wins the job. I just believe Stidham is the more talented and likely wins it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2017, 04:15:04 PM »

Your ability to assess QB talent is on par with your ability to run a message board. 

In other words, you suck at life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2017, 04:19:04 PM »
In other words, you suck at life.

Troof

....things could always be worse though.  I could be a ginger with a bowl cut, now that would be a travesty. I can't even imagine it.  Makes me throw up in my mouth a little
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2017, 04:20:03 PM »
and now this Stidham kid is supposed to be the second coming of Jesus Newton. 

I loved her song Queen of Hearts
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2017, 04:21:02 PM »
Oh yeah? Well I'll....wait....what?
Don't make his brain leak.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2017, 04:22:29 PM »
That was Joe Mantegna
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2017, 04:54:38 PM »

I started to go there but thought it was too much of a reach. Good catch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2017, 11:45:17 AM »
Johnson wasn't that great to begin with...I think we all knew that deep down despite his brilliant game against Arkansas. 

Strongly disagree.  I thought he was the key to the Gushlee offense after that half against the Hogs.  I remain solidly convinced that JJ was failed by the coaches.

White has certainly shown (when the playcalling isn't done by a crack-addled rhesus monkey) that he can win big in the SEC. 

I'm happy if he starts (with the above disclaimer) or if it's Stidham (from whom I expect big things).  The success of this year's iteration of the Auburn Tigers lies almost wholly at the feet of the coaches.  All the pieces to the puzzle are there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.