Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Missiles away

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Missiles away
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2017, 08:11:26 AM »
More Intel should've been gathered, especially since nearly the same thing happened less than 4 years ago (which turned out to be the Syrian rebels that did the gas bombing then...not Assad's regime).

Fuck. Off
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2017, 08:11:57 AM »
Posting the hypocrisy that is Trump. Especially when he blamed the Obama admin for this recent attack, for not being tough enough on Assad. Obama told Assad back in '13 to not use gas on his citizens or the US would come after him. Assad didn't after that and it's very likely that he was not part of the attack this time around either.

Trump goes in guns a blazin' not realizing that a retaliation is possible. We saw and continue to see what happens when we poke around and destabilize a Country. We're still in Iraq fighting (15 years later).

Off. You fuck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2017, 08:26:35 AM »
Even Hillary agrees that this was the right move, Prowler.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-hillary-clinton-idUSKBN179058
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2017, 08:31:19 AM »
1. Prowler is an idiot.
2. This isn't going to result in anything. This was a small scale attack sent as a warning to stop using chemical weapons against children.
3. This doesn't mean we are going in to long term war. Assad isn't going to do shit to the US.
4. There we no civilians in the area and none were hurt that I have seen.
5. Since Russia used this airfield and has condemned the attacks, where are the prowler's of the world screaming that Trump is a Russian operative.
6. This is also a message to the world that there is a new sheriff in town.
7. Prowler is an idiot.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 08:35:14 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2017, 08:50:20 AM »
1. Prowler is an idiot.
2. This isn't going to result in anything. This was a small scale attack sent as a warning to stop using chemical weapons against children.
3. This doesn't mean we are going in to long term war. Assad isn't going to do shit to the US.
4. There we no civilians in the area and none were hurt that I have seen.
5. Since Russia used this airfield and has condemned the attacks, where are the prowler's of the world screaming that Trump is a Russian operative.
6. This is also a message to the world that there is a new sheriff in town.
7. Prowler is an idiot.

Even the analyst on MSNBC said there would be few, if any civilian casualties.  But he was sure some would be "manufactured" by morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2017, 09:15:42 AM »
Also, Trump didn't receive Congressional approval before launching the attack...and he's back at his golf resort  :facepalm: :facepalm:

The bombing, and whether it's wrong or right aside.....

He's at mar largo hosting the Chinese president - last night and today. It's a summit. It's business. And very important business as the majority of their meeting will center around the North Korea situation.

Quit misleading his presence at mar largo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2017, 09:44:17 AM »
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|          Prowler is right.
┳┻| _   
┻┳| •.•)
┳┻|⊂ノ   
┻┳
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2017, 09:55:28 AM »
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|          Prowler is right.
┳┻| _   
┻┳| •.•)
┳┻|⊂ノ   
┻┳
In that...

Trump looks HUGELY hypocritical. People can "grow" and "evolve" or whatever, sure. These situations are pretty much mirror images and Trump was EXTREMELY critical of Obama. Egg on his face now to say the least. And it's not just Trump.

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/375071259643879425
@seanhannity
Glad our arrogant Pres. is enjoying his taxpayer funded golf outing after announcing the US should take military action against Syria

That could have been written yesterday by Michael Moore.

Trump campaigned as the staunch non-interventionist contra Hillary's hawkish warmongering. Were y'all on board with that until the minute he flip-flopped?

What happened to this guy?

He claimed to be against Iraq from the beginning. Recall that Saddam Hussein was gassing his own people as well, and history has not been kind to that intervention.

Also, does it not give you pause that Hillary Clinton was saying we should do this mere hours before we did it?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/07/hours-before-airstrikes-hillary-clinton-called-for-bombing-syrian-airfields.html

And as far as collecting more intel, Prowler's not wrong about that either. I'm not saying it definitely wasn't Assad or that he's incapable of such atrocities, but like Prowler said, we do know it wasn't him the last time. What's wrong with getting our shit together before potentially sparking World War III?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 10:19:22 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2017, 10:02:50 AM »
In that...

Trump looks HUGELY hypocritical. People can "grow" and "evolve" or whatever, sure. These situations are pretty much mirror images and Trump was EXTREMELY critical of Obama. Egg on his face now to say the least. And it's not just Trump.
I don't necessarily disagree with you here, but I think this is a typical case where it was easy for Trump to say those things then, but feels far different when he is actually put in that same situation.  For that matter, just as recently as last week his administration made it clear when asked that regime change in Syria was not on their radar.  Now, we have seen a complete reversal just in a week.  Shit changes when you gas a bunch of innocent people.  Last week they were staying out of it, which I agree with.  We have no business in the middle of that civil war.  The dynamic changed.

And as far as collecting more intel, Prowler's not wrong about that either. I'm not saying it definitely wasn't Assad or that he's incapable of such atrocities, but like Prowler said, we do know it wasn't him the last time. What's wrong with getting our shit together before potentially sparking World War III?
No, we don't know it wasn't him last time.  In fact, the White House said it WAS Assad last time.  I posted the quote from the press briefing in a post above.  This time, they were able to tell what specific Syrian airbase the particular plane that carried out the attack took off from.  How much more do you want?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2017, 10:05:49 AM »
In that...

Trump campaigned as the staunch non-interventionist contra Hillary's hawkish warmongering. Were y'all on board with that until the minute he flip-flopped?

He claimed to be against Iraq from the beginning. Recall that Saddam Hussein was gassing his own people as well, and history has not been kind to that intervention.

Also, does it not give you pause that Hillary Clinton was saying we should do this mere hours before we did it?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/04/07/hours-before-airstrikes-hillary-clinton-called-for-bombing-syrian-airfields.html

Honestly chad? I think he saw the after pics. They are horrific. I could see where it could elicit a response and change of opinion. I don't know this for fact but he's hinted around at it.

As far as intelligence, I don't disagree. But I'm also not sure we didn't have it. It just may not be public. They know it was sarin now. And they think it was distributed via planes. Two things that would indicate it's not rebels.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2017, 10:18:15 AM »
I don't necessarily disagree with you here, but I think this is a typical case where it was easy for Trump to say those things then, but feels far different when he is actually put in that same situation.  For that matter, just as recently as last week his administration made it clear when asked that regime change in Syria was not on their radar.  Now, we have seen a complete reversal just in a week.  Shit changes when you gas a bunch of innocent people.  Last week they were staying out of it, which I agree with.  We have no business in the middle of that civil war.  The dynamic changed.
Doesn't that say something about being as scathingly critical of Obama as Trump, and Hannity, and half this board have been? Huge 180 shift on literally exactly the same policy and the only difference is the guy on your team did it this time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2017, 10:29:01 AM »
Honestly chad? I think he saw the after pics. They are horrific. I could see where it could elicit a response and change of opinion. I don't know this for fact but he's hinted around at it.

As far as intelligence, I don't disagree. But I'm also not sure we didn't have it. It just may not be public. They know it was sarin now. And they think it was distributed via planes. Two things that would indicate it's not rebels.
Saddam gassed Kurdish kids as well. We still look back at that as a bad idea. It's terrible, but we can't make globally impactful decisions on emotional whims.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2017, 10:36:35 AM »
Doesn't that say something about being as scathingly critical of Obama as Trump, and Hannity, and half this board have been? Huge 180 shift on literally exactly the same policy and the only difference is the guy on your team did it this time.
Actually, I was on board with Obama taking action.  After he had previously set the "red line" about chemical weapons, and then it happened, I assumed that he was going to take action and I supported that.  At the time I didn't agree with Trump's stance that we should do nothing.  I wasn't happy when nothing happened. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2017, 11:06:16 AM »
In that...

Wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2017, 11:52:13 AM »
Saddam gassed Kurdish kids as well. We still look back at that as a bad idea. It's terrible, but we can't make globally impactful decisions on emotional whims.

I don't disagree. But I'm also not sure how much those behind the scenes know versus the general public. I'm generally not for over-intervention. Not to the degree of the Pauls but moreso than we have done the last 16 years in the area. We could argue that intervening in the first place with Bush and then secondly Obama (2 moves that have caused Isis and instability in Syria for 6 years) caused ALL of this. This being the mess with Syria and Isis.

Also curious if it's a play by trump to show the world he isn't putins puppet like many claim.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2017, 01:12:47 PM »
Where is the big Russian connection now? Has there been an update on this narrative?  Seems counterproductive to bomb the shit out of a government who is being supported by your good buddy Putin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2017, 01:21:57 PM »
Where is the big Russian connection now? Has there been an update on this narrative?  Seems counterproductive to bomb the shit out of a government who is being supported by your good buddy Putin.

It's a diversion!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2017, 01:30:59 PM »

That shit needed a response.  Chemical weapons have no place on this planet. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 01:32:54 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2017, 01:46:32 PM »

That shit needed a response.  Chemical weapons have no place on this planet.

Neither should that fart I used to Dutch Oven Snagette last night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2017, 03:02:05 PM »
At the risk of upsetting the neat little boxes into which Chizzy places us, here's my opinion.

I wish he'd left it alone. 

Syrians killing Syrians isn't our problem.  I don't care about Syria. 

We're outraged that 72 Syrians were killed.  Oh NO!! I hate it but human cruelty is part of the equation and always will be. 

Try this on for size.  As of today, in Chicago alone, 156 people have been murdered.  Where's the outrage there?  How would you feel if Canadian bombers strafed gang territory in the Windy City in response to the wave of violence? 

We had our own Civil War.  The atrocities committed by both sides during the conflict would make you blanch.  The Chinese didn't send warships to bomb Washington and Richmond to stop us from killing each other. 

There are conflicts in countries all over the world.  People are dying everywhere.  Unless it directly impacts us?  I'm of a stay out of it mindset. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions