Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Missiles away

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Missiles away
« on: April 06, 2017, 09:09:55 PM »
My Navy boys just launched a missile strike against the Assad regime in Syria in response to the chemical weapons attack against civilians yesterday.

I'm torn on this action. A large part of me says "this isn't a fight we need to be in" while another says that evil act cannot stand unpunished.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Missiles away
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 09:12:44 PM »
60 Tomahawks just took out a military installation in Syria where the plane came from that launched the chemical weapons attack. The missiles were timed 1 minute apart to last for 1 hour. The warheads were 1000 lb war heads.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 09:35:19 PM »
I agree with you PCT with regard to being torn. But the more I think about it, this is the right thing to do. To do nothing is criminal.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 09:50:11 PM by AUJarhead »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 09:40:58 PM »
This is a fight that has been coming since the last administration's ill advised Arab Spring policy. A stupid, stupid move by the Clinton state department and John McCain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 10:07:34 PM »
I watched 3 different media outlets over the last hour to see what the coverage would be like.  Quite honestly, the overriding theme was this was a small scale, low risk action that simply sent a message and put few civilians and U.S. military personnel at risk. Even the MSNBC "expert" said as much, despite the guy with Rachel Maddow begging and pleading for a negative response.  Let me paraphrase one of his in-depth, non-biased questions that this asshole asked.

"So, we basically spend 30 million dollars to launch these missiles.  And every time one is launched, there is a collective sigh among everyone on board the ship because each and every missile launched puts our Navy personnel in danger....and a few craters on a meaningless airfield is all we get?" 

The "expert" again, said "No, this was a very strategic move simply carried out to send a message to Assad that we won't tolerate you launching gas attacks and killing your own people."

I even heard one of the analysts say that this also sends a message to numerous other countries, most notably, North Korea.       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 10:37:08 PM »
I don't like being involved in world conflict.  At all.  But it pisses me off to no end to see men and women having to spray their crying 3 year old children down with water hoses trying to save their lives from nerve agents unleashed by their own damn government.  I don't want to be part of a country that has the power to stop that bullshit but sits on their hands to spare someone's feelings. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 11:02:45 PM »
I don't like being involved in world conflict.  At all.  But it pisses me off to no end to see men and women having to spray their crying 3 year old children down with water hoses trying to save their lives from nerve agents unleashed by their own damn government.  I don't want to be part of a country that has the power to stop that bullshit but sits on their hands to spare someone's feelings.

This is troof.  I've long since been a proponent of taking a huge step back from being the world's police force.  Syria is a messed up, jumbled place, with multiple nations involved.  The Prez, Dictator, Leader...whatever, went waayyyy across the line and gassed his own people.  We can't and shouldn't try to take the country over.  But we can definitely sit on the outskirts of town and fuck shit up to let him know this won't fly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 11:20:23 PM »
About 4 years ago, something very similar happened in Syria. Syrian rebels were responsible for the gas attack 4 years ago and it's very likely they were responsible again. It was a "false flag" then and after more information is released, this time around, it's very likely going to be another false flag.

The US didn't bomb them in '13 and probably shouldn't have bombed them this time either.

Here's some tweets from Trump back in '13...

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.
1:14 PM - 29 Aug 2013

If Obama attacks Syria and innocent civilians are hurt and killed, he and the U.S. will look very bad!
2:26 PM - 30 Aug 2013

How bad has our "leader" made us look on Syria. Stay out of Syria, we don't have the leadership to win wars or even strategize.
4:28 PM - 30 Aug 2013

"@mguarino64: @realDonaldTrump " How would you treat the Syria situation if president?" I'd let them all fight with each other-focus on US!
6:09 AM - 1 Sep 2013
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 11:22:44 PM »

Evil kills his own people like this. Evil cannot be allowed to flourish.

There is no way we can just sit and watch. Oppression and armed conflict is one thing, but to spray your own people? Pure evil!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 11:28:54 PM »
About 4 years ago, something very similar happened in Syria. Syrian rebels were responsible for the gas attack 4 years ago and it's very likely they were responsible again. It was a "false flag" then and after more information is released, this time around, it's very likely going to be another false flag.

The US didn't bomb them in '13 and probably shouldn't have bombed them this time either.

What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.

If Obama attacks Syria and innocent civilians are hurt and killed, he and the U.S. will look very bad!

How bad has our "leader" made us look on Syria. Stay out of Syria, we don't have the leadership to win wars or even strategize.

"@mguarino64: @realDonaldTrump " How would you treat the Syria situation if president?" I'd let them all fight with each other-focus on US!

Fuck off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 11:32:56 PM »
Get ready for gas to cost us $3 a gallon again but fuck the evil in that part of the world. Nuke the motherfucker from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 11:37:26 PM »
Seriously Prowler.  Come on, man.  Stop with the Anti-Trump and understand this was just a message that we, and hopefully the world, will not tolerate this shit.  This should not be viewed as a political stunt.  He gassed people.  Killed them in a slow, torturous death.  Children.  We simply sent a message to stop it.  But you have to take this as an opportunity to take the 1,467th shot at Trump?  Please!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2017, 11:40:10 PM »

Evil kills his own people like this. Evil cannot be allowed to flourish.

There is no way we can just sit and watch. Oppression and armed conflict is one thing, but to spray your own people? Pure evil!
More Intel should've been gathered, especially since nearly the same thing happened less than 4 years ago (which turned out to be the Syrian rebels that did the gas bombing then...not Assad's regime).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2017, 11:53:44 PM »
Seriously Prowler.  Come on, man.  Stop with the Anti-Trump and understand this was just a message that we, and hopefully the world, will not tolerate this shit.  This should not be viewed as a political stunt.  He gassed people.  Killed them in a slow, torturous death.  Children.  We simply sent a message to stop it.  But you have to take this as an opportunity to take the 1,467th shot at Trump?  Please!
Posting the hypocrisy that is Trump. Especially when he blamed the Obama admin for this recent attack, for not being tough enough on Assad. Obama told Assad back in '13 to not use gas on his citizens or the US would come after him. Assad didn't after that and it's very likely that he was not part of the attack this time around either.

Trump goes in guns a blazin' not realizing that a retaliation is possible. We saw and continue to see what happens when we poke around and destabilize a Country. We're still in Iraq fighting (15 years later).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2017, 12:00:19 AM »
Posting the hypocrisy that is Trump. Especially when he blamed the Obama admin for this recent attack, for not being tough enough on Assad. Obama told Assad back in '13 to not use gas on his citizens or the US would come after him. Assad didn't after that and it's very likely that he was not part of the attack this time around either.

Trump goes in guns a blazin' not realizing that a retaliation is possible. We saw and continue to see what happens when we poke around and destabilize a Country. We're still in Iraq fighting (15 years later).

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2017, 12:07:40 AM »

1. This is why the left will get 8 years of Trump.  Y'all still don't get it and likely never will.
2. People change their opinions all the time.  If you want to bitch about something, it's smart not to point to something you are guilty of yourself. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2017, 12:08:40 AM »
:facepalm:
Also, Trump didn't receive Congressional approval before launching the attack...and he's back at his golf resort  :facepalm: :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 12:37:44 AM »
Also, Trump didn't receive Congressional approval before launching the attack...and he's back at his golf resort  :facepalm: :facepalm:
He doesn't need it. Take another civics class!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 07:20:43 AM »
More Intel should've been gathered, especially since nearly the same thing happened less than 4 years ago (which turned out to be the Syrian rebels that did the gas bombing then...not Assad's regime).
They knew the exact base that the plane that executed the attacks took off from, which happens to be a Syrian government base.  Also, the rebels do not possess fixed wing aircraft.  How much more intel do you want?  4 years ago the White House didn't even believe that the rebels launched those nerve gas attacks.  They don't have the missiles with warheads to launch them, they don't have the launching system to launch them, they don't have the experts to correctly mix the chemicals, etc etc.  Here's a quote from Jay Carney in a press briefing about that attack almost 4 years ago:

https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/the-press-office/2013/08/27/press-briefing-press-secretary-jay-carney-8272013

Let me also say, and I think that both Secretary Kerry and I attempted to make clear yesterday that there is no doubt here that chemical weapons were used on a massive scale on August 21st outside of Damascus.  There is also very little doubt, and should be no doubt for anyone who approaches this logically, that the Syrian regime is responsible for the use of chemical weapons on August 21st outside of Damascus.

We have established with a high degree of confidence that the Syria regime has used chemical weapons already in this conflict.  We have made clear that it is our firm assessment that the Syrian regime has maintained control of the stockpile of chemical weapons in Syria throughout this conflict.  It is also the case that the Syrian regime has the rocket capacity to deliver the chemical weapons as they were delivered with repugnant results on August 21st outside of Damascus.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 07:54:09 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2017, 07:38:40 AM »

Obama established his "red-line" less than a year BEFORE the chemical attack in August 2013.  You can say it was the rebels all you want, but as my previous post states, the White House at the time didn't even believe that it was the rebels because they didn't possess the means to launch an attack in that manner and the intel they had pointed to Assad. 

Last night as I was watching coverage on this, I was in the same camp as others here; I wasn't all that thrilled about us sticking our nose in something that wasn't really our problem.  But then when you see the video of them hosing off nearly lifeless kids that are around the same age as mine.  Fuck that.  Nobody deserves something like that.  It's obvious that Assad will continue to do this shit unless someone checks him on it.  I'm glad that someone finally had the balls to say that we are no longer going to tolerate that. 

Is retaliation by Syria possible?  Sure, I guess.  But they're not going to tug on Superman's cape.  Plus, they don't possess the military needed to project power that would affect us.  You think they're going to fuck with Israel?  They will get wiped off of the face of the planet quicker than we would do it.  Syria isn't going to do shit, and I'm sure that was taken into account when the strike was planned.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 07:45:26 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler