Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Budweiser's Superbowl commercial might get people talking even more...

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Budweiser's Superbowl commercial might get people talking even more...
« Reply #160 on: February 09, 2017, 12:44:24 AM »
Did 84 Lumber build the gates or the entire wall?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #161 on: February 09, 2017, 12:54:01 AM »
Well shit.  There for a minute, I thought you were getting somewhere. 

No.  You're back to farting in hand, sniffing it. 

You're completely mis-characterizing the topic.  You, Sancho and Don are screaming and shitting your ruffled panties over a non issue. 

#fluffypanties
#fartinhand
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2017, 08:41:32 AM »
Was going to go through what I know of this yesterday but got caught up in some other things.

Maybe start here.  I scanned the Googled Chromes and found a piece (Fox News) simply listing a snippet on each of the EO's Trump has signed since taking office. There was no other commentary that I saw so it's a pretty straightforward list. 

Since taking office, President Trump has looked to fulfill some of his campaign promises by using executive orders. Here are the 19 orders, actions and memoranda he has signed so far:

Maybe start here.  I scanned the Googled Chromes and found a piece (Fox News) simply listing a snippet on each of the EO's Trump has signed since taking office. There was no other commentary that I saw so it's a pretty straightforward list. 

Since taking office, President Trump has looked to fulfill some of his campaign promises by using executive orders. Here are the 19 orders, actions and memoranda he has signed so far:

•An order directing the Treasury secretary to review the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial regulatory law.
I'm fine with this. We'll see what is found in that "review", but as of now, I'll agree a review is in order. Agreed

•A memorandum instructing the Labor Department to delay implementing an Obama rule requiring financial professionals who are giving advice on retirement, and who charge commissions, to put their client's interests first.
Don't know a lot about this one, but it seems bad to me. Why do this? Who is he serving here?  Have actually had a number of lengthy discussions with my financial guy on this one.  He is a relatively big deal with Edward Jones here in GA.  The financial folks are pissed off with Trump because he has halted an operation that they have sunk a lot of money into to be compliant by when the Obama admin said they had to be.  Overall it seems to be a good law and will give an investor more option in regard to how they compensate their broker. ie. percentage vs flat fee.  Don't have a problem with them putting a stop hold on it to ensure nothing hinky was going to go on with it's implementation.

•An order instructing agencies that whenever they introduce a regulation, they must first abolish two others.
This one is...interesting. I'd say it's pretty draconian and simplistic, but I get that the intent is to reduce regulations on the whole. I guess philosophically, I agree that less regulation tends to be better than more regulation, but I'm not so libertarian that I think they're always bad, and I can definitely imagine where this order can interfere with some necessary regulations to negative effects. I like where his head is at on this one but not sure how realistic it is to implement. 

•A memorandum to restructure the National Security Council and the Homeland Security Council.
Again, depends on how it's "restructured". Looking into it? Fine. Agreed

•A memorandum directing the Secretary of Defense to draw up a plan within 30 days to defeat ISIS.
This one is kinda LOL. "You've got 30 days to defeat ISIS". Will be interesting to see what magic wand they develop over those 30 days that eliminates evil. I think you may have misinterpreted this one.  I read it only to be to have a plan within 30 days to go forward in wiping these animals off the face of the Earth.  General Mattis already stated during his confirmation hearing that one of the biggest problems overall has been that the military had no clear objective and he aimed to solve that.

•An order to lengthen the ban on administration officials working as lobbyists. There is now a 5 year-ban on officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government, and a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.
Don't have strong opinions on this one. I guess I'm fine with it. Agreed

•An executive order imposing a 120-day suspension of the refugee program and a 90-day ban on travel to the U.S. from citizens of seven terror hot spots: Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya, Yemen, Somalia and Sudan.
This one is more complex than either side is willing to admit. I think Snags already basically said this, but my biggest problem was the implementation. I don't think a 90-day moratorium on countries that Obama designated as problem countries, is necessarily a ban on Muslims. Basically, with this one, I'm generally opposed on grounds that I don't think it will have much of a positive effect compared to the negative effects we saw/are seeing. But at the same time, I think much of the backlash was hyperbolic.  Pretty well in the same boat.  How it was rolled out was not how I would have done it but it doesn't really do anything that has not already been in play earlier and I agree that it needs to be examined to ensure we are doing our level best to let only those in that pose no/limited threat to our own citizens.

•Two multi-pronged orders on border security and immigration enforcement including: the authorization of a U.S.-Mexico border wall; the stripping of federal grant money to sanctuary cities; hiring 5,000 more Border Patrol agents; ending “catch-and-release” policies for illegal immigrants; and reinstating local and state immigration enforcement partnerships.
I think I've made my stance on this one clear. Like the travel ban, the negative effects far outweigh what little good it will do. Colossal waste of money, even if Mexico actually does end up footing the bill with tariffs. And like I said, we'll end up footing the bill when they hike prices on US consumers AND we'll get more immigration from Mexico to the US when we destroy their economy.  We are going to differ here some.  I think the whole "wall" talk is hyperbolic however having a high school friend who works for border patrol tell me that "more agents is the best start to solve the problem" then I am willing to let all the rest of it ride for a while.

•A memorandum calling for a 30-day review of military readiness.
Don't know a lot about this one but sounds like a dick-measuring contest.
What I have read on this involves Mattis assessing where the pentagon is as an across the board measurement.  I'm ok with it. 

•Two orders reviving the Keystone XL pipeline and Dakota Access piplines. He also signed three other related orders that would: expedite the environmental permitting process for infrastructure projects related to the pipelines; direct the Commerce Department to streamline the manufacturing permitting process; and give the Commerce Department 180 days to maximize the use of U.S. steel in the pipeline.
I didn't like this when Obama originally tried to do it. I still don't like it when Trump tries to revive it. Curious, if you support it now, did you support it under Obama? Not nearly as well read on this as what I probably should be but feel like everyone is having a pissing contest over it.

•An order to reinstate the so-called "Mexico City Policy" – a ban on federal funds to international groups that perform abortions or lobby to legalize or promote abortion. The policy was instituted in 1984 by President Reagan, but has gone into and out of effect depending on the party in power in the White House.
I like this one. I've said this before, I equate Planned Parenthood with the NRA of the left, and I'm pretty sure Democrats would have a livid shit-fit if the NRA received federal funding for "gun safety" classes. The funds would be redirected to actual women's health clinics instead of abortion factories. I'm fine with that.  Agreed

•A notice that the U.S. will begin withdrawing from the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal. Trump called the order "a great thing for the American worker."
TPP has some protectionist imperfections, but on net, it expands economic freedoms for free trade, a conservative principle. Trump is against the free trade part, not the protectionist part. This one is bad from a conservative standpoint.  Once again I'm not sure that I understand the ins and outs of this one enough to make an informed judgment.

•An order imposing a hiring freeze for some federal government workers as a way to shrink the size of government. This excludes the military, as Trump noted at the signing.
This one, again, on principle, I agree with. Not sure how great it will be in practice for employment. I don't like that the military is excluded since there's plenty of waste and overspending there as well.  Agree on this one.  I am hoping that Mattis straightens out most of the wastes associated with the military.

•An order that directs federal agencies to ease the “regulatory burdens” of ObamaCare. It orders agencies to “waive, defer, grant exemptions from, or delay the implementation of any provision or requirement” of ObamaCare that imposes a “fiscal burden on any State or a cost, fee, tax, penalty, or regulatory burden on individuals, families, healthcare providers, health insurers, patients, recipients of healthcare services, purchasers of health insurance, or makers of medical devices, products, or medications.”
I would be all for this if Republicans had their shit together enough to have a replacement plan after 8 years of bitching.  Once again agree
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2017, 09:25:37 AM »
On last point ^^ I believe Price has a plan. Not sure the specifics of it - but he has to get the nod for HHS first. That is today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2017, 09:48:03 AM »
Back to the original point of this thread. 

I have no problem with the Budweiser ad, really.  It showed somebody coming to America legally with an idea and a dream. It showed someone taking advantage of the opportunities here to build a business and eventually an empire.   I could have done without the "go home" shove because it was superfluous bullshit and looked to be a last minute tack on. 

The 84 Lumber nonsense, however, can burn in a fire.  I'm not inclined or willing to celebrate an illegal immigrant-- a CRIMINAL -- and I don't appreciate the heart-string tugging garbage of the little girl sewing her own little American flag from scraps.  If she wants to come here?  Do it the right way. 

1) Lets find and deport every single illegal in the country. 
2) Lock down the borders and only allow people in who are following the rules.
3) Review the immigration process and revise it so that it is more easily traversed and understood.

Then if Mexican Mama wants to come through the door with her child and tattered flag, there's a clear and efficient method for her to apply and obtain permission to do so.

Until then? She's a criminal and should be arrested and sent back where she came from. 

#blowitoutyour84ass
#Nomore84
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #165 on: February 09, 2017, 10:23:31 AM »
If you'll stop Sancho-ing for a barely functioning life form for ten minutes and pay attention to what's going on....

1) I haven't seen any orders issued from Trump or anyone in an official capacity in the current administration propose any new rules or regulations in regard to civil asset forfeiture.
Right, he's threatening anyone who tries to challenge his authoritarian power.

2) The forfeiture we're talking about is NOT the government randomly seizing property (a la eminent domain). 
It's not exactly the same thing, but it's definitely a close cousin. And Trump is for both.

It's the current right of law enforcement organizations to take the assets of motherfucking CRIMINALS.  It's seizing drugs. Taking the cars of drug dealers. Taking the cash from drug dealers. They've been doing it for years and years. 

Prowler knows more than you do about this, how does that make you feel? As he already said, there is no due process. People's assets are being forfeited without being convicted, or even charged for crimes.

3) All I've seen him say in regard to it is that he doesn't agree with people who are stupidly advocating for the rules regarding the practice to be more limited than they are.

So please, for the sake of GOD, take off the pissy pants and understand what's actually being discussed.  Fuck.
Between me, Prowler, and you, one of us doesn't understand what's actually being discussed and it's not who you think.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #166 on: February 09, 2017, 10:24:16 AM »
Was going to go through what I know of this yesterday but got caught up in some other things.
THIS is how you have a political conversation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #167 on: February 09, 2017, 10:25:30 AM »
1) Lets find and deport every single illegal in the country. 

Disagree with you here.  Do you know how many systems would shut down if this were to happen.  Forget for a moment how much manpower and time it would take.  It sounds simple but people aren't going to pick their own oranges or strawberries (no disrespect or racism meant, it is what it is)...ie the world needs ditch diggers too.

I honestly think the solution is much easier.  Those that are here already, have to register, listen you are here it's fine come in and get a registration (like a Social Security card). If you have been convicted of a criminal crime you are deported (no second chances).  If you haven't been convicted of a crime you are now legal to work, doesn't mean you are a citizen. 

You now get to work and have social security and taxes removed from your paycheck, just like the rest of us.  You have to file your taxes too (which is another discussion, but I don't care if you pay $5 annually in taxes everyone should have to pay something).  You now have 5 years (or 7 whatever) to continue to work, pay taxes and be an upstanding citizen.  If in that time you do anything criminal or don't pay your taxes you are deported.  If not you have a right to apply for US citizenship. 

For those that want to come into this country, need to be screened including medical and the need to be on a probationary period.  You can't obtain work in 90 days, you are gone.  You have a pre-existing medical condition sorry but you cannot enter the US.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 10:36:29 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #168 on: February 09, 2017, 10:39:10 AM »
I forgot to add if you are an illegal here and are not contributing to society or are on some type of government program you have a period (6 months whatever it is) in which you need to get a job or get off said program or you will be deported.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 10:40:53 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #169 on: February 09, 2017, 10:52:27 AM »
Disagree with you here.  Do you know how many systems would shut down if this were to happen.  Forget for a moment how much manpower and time it would take.  It sounds simple but people aren't going to pick their own oranges or strawberries (no disrespect or racism meant, it is what it is)...ie the world needs ditch diggers too.

I honestly think the solution is much easier.  Those that are here already, have to register, listen you are here it's fine come in and get a registration (like a Social Security card). If you have been convicted of a criminal crime you are deported (no second chances).  If you haven't been convicted of a crime you are now legal to work, doesn't mean you are a citizen. 

You now get to work and have social security and taxes removed from your paycheck, just like the rest of us.  You have to file your taxes too (which is another discussion, but I don't care if you pay $5 annually in taxes everyone should have to pay something).  You now have 5 years (or 7 whatever) to continue to work, pay taxes and be an upstanding citizen.  If in that time you do anything criminal or don't pay your taxes you are deported.  If not you have a right to apply for US citizenship. 

For those that want to come into this country, need to be screened including medical and the need to be on a probationary period.  You can't obtain work in 90 days, you are gone.  You have a pre-existing medical condition sorry but you cannot enter the US.

I'd allow it.  I don't like rewarding criminals for their past behavior, but I can accept your concept.  I will pass it on.

With the exception that those with a violent criminal record are excluded from the naturalization process at the start.  I think that's what you meant, but I want to clarify. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #170 on: February 09, 2017, 11:04:19 AM »

Not a big Yuengling fan, but could live with this.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 11:07:06 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2017, 11:05:07 AM »

Oh please.  That's just because you're scared your 23 year old "maid", Consuela Gonzales, might get deported and won't be able to "Cleen for Meester GF muy bueno ."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #172 on: February 09, 2017, 11:08:14 AM »
I'd allow it.  I don't like rewarding criminals for their past behavior, but I can accept your concept.  I will pass it on.

With the exception that those with a violent criminal record are excluded from the naturalization process at the start.  I think that's what you meant, but I want to clarify.
It's not that black and white

I think it's a bit hyperbole to call anyone who comes into this country "criminal" because they may not have done it legally.  If that's the case a lot of us, if not of American Indian heritage, are criminal in some fashion. Not everyone may have the means to do things the right way.  I have no issue with someone who comes to this country to make a better life for themselves, contribute to society and wants to live by our laws.  Including some way to obtain their citizenship.  Currently that system is fucked and it is a system that has been fucked through many regimes, Republican and Democrat.

and yes if you are a violent offender, hell anything short of a civil record IMO, I think you should be deported and or not allowed into this country. I'd consider being convicted of drunk driving a deportable offense.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 11:10:32 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #173 on: February 09, 2017, 11:09:27 AM »
Oh please.  That's just because you're scared your 23 year old "maid", Consuela Gonzales, might get deported and won't be able to "Cleen for Meester GF muy bueno ."

No...no we need more lemon pledge
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #174 on: February 09, 2017, 11:15:30 AM »
We have an illegal Guatemalan population in my area, and honestly I would rather deport some Americans (especially celebrities) than the vast nice folks that are just trying to make a living and feed their families.  We don't have many issues with that contingent within our area. 

I would rather see a system setup for them to become taxpaying citizens than have them deported. Again granted they aren't criminals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #175 on: February 09, 2017, 11:16:29 AM »
Disagree with you here.  Do you know how many systems would shut down if this were to happen.  Forget for a moment how much manpower and time it would take.  It sounds simple but people aren't going to pick their own oranges or strawberries (no disrespect or racism meant, it is what it is)...ie the world needs ditch diggers too. agree...this would mean my ass will be getting dirty and i would have to wear enclosed shoes...oh the horror

I honestly think the solution is much easier.  Those that are here already, have to register, listen you are here it's fine come in and get a registration (like a Social Security card). If you have been convicted of a criminal crime you are deported (no second chances).  If you haven't been convicted of a crime you are now legal to work, doesn't mean you are a citizen.  disagree and agree...it would take an amnesty law...just not as simple as run to the social security office

You now get to work and have social security and taxes removed from your paycheck, just like the rest of us.  You have to file your taxes too (which is another discussion, but I don't care if you pay $5 annually in taxes everyone should have to pay something).  You now have 5 years (or 7 whatever) to continue to work, pay taxes and be an upstanding citizen.  If in that time you do anything criminal or don't pay your taxes you are deported.  If not you have a right to apply for US citizenship.though in the USA illegally many have legit fakes to gain employment which includes a  social security card as far as taxes on the pay check they take the full dependents thus no federal or possibly state taxes being paid and that is open to any of us...but i yes they need to file which many probably do not to so 

For those that want to come into this country, need to be screened including medical and the need to be on a probationary period.  You can't obtain work in 90 days, you are gone.  You have a pre-existing medical condition sorry but you cannot enter the US.Ellis Island is no longer open but I agree
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #176 on: February 09, 2017, 11:17:12 AM »
We have an illegal Guatemalan population in my area, and honestly I would rather deport some Americans (especially celebrities) than the vast nice folks that are just trying to make a living and feed their families.  We don't have many issues with that contingent within our area. 

I would rather see a system setup for them to become taxpaying citizens than have them deported. Again granted they aren't criminals.

they make excellent tamales.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #177 on: February 09, 2017, 11:20:21 AM »
No...no we need more lemon pledge

Consuela, I need you to clean the very top shelf of that book case.

Again?  Okay Meester GF?  But I need a chair to stand on.  I can't reach it.

I'll get it for you.  And here, let me hold on to you so you'll stay steady and won't fall.

Ooooohh, Meester GF.....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #178 on: February 09, 2017, 11:21:24 AM »
It's not that black and white

I think it's a bit hyperbole to call anyone who comes into this country "criminal" because they may not have done it legally.  If that's the case a lot of us, if not of American Indian heritage, are criminal in some fashion. Not everyone may have the means to do things the right way.  I have no issue with someone who comes to this country to make a better life for themselves, contribute to society and wants to live by our laws.  Including some way to obtain their citizenship.  Currently that system is fucked and it is a system that has been fucked through many regimes, Republican and Democrat.

and yes if you are a violent offender, hell anything short of a civil record IMO, I think you should be deported and or not allowed into this country. I'd consider being convicted of drunk driving a deportable offense.

That is a liberal misrepresentation. The American Indian was not CREATED on this continent. They migrated here, like most everyone else. Maybe the animals that were already here have a claim to the land....
I know where my people came from. They didn't sneak in.

But really all of that does not matter. If you are here illegally, you knew the risk. If you were born on this soil, you, by law, are now a citizen.
The ones here illegally who have enjoyed the fruits of legal citizens, have stolen from the citizens right of the pursuit of happiness. It is an American right, not a world right. (not a Mexican right)

There should be a penance for the crime. Or else the act will be seen as justified. Which is a slap in the face to all LEGAL immigrants. IF living here is worth it to them, then whatever penance is required should be gladly taken. I'm not talking about cutting a hand off. But it should be a sacrifice.
Just giving a pass to them is spitting on our citizens.

The rest of your suggestions were acceptable. Invading America should not be a akin to having a winning lottery ticket. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

« Reply #179 on: February 09, 2017, 11:21:59 AM »
Consuela, I need you to clean the very top shelf of that book case.

Again?  Okay Meester GF?  But I need a chair to stand on.  I can't reach it.

I'll get it for you.  And here, let me hold on to you so you'll stay steady and won't fall.

Ooooohh, Meester GF.....

please keep your sexual fantasies to yourself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions