Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Budweiser's Superbowl commercial might get people talking even more...

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: Budweiser's Superbowl commercial might get people talking even more...
« Reply #180 on: February 09, 2017, 11:22:04 AM »
Oh please.  That's just because you're scared your 23 year old "maid", Consuela Gonzales, might get deported and won't be able to "Cleen for Meester GF muy bueno ."
No but my Cuban FiL escaped persecution and came to this country illegally. He also learned the language, joined the army, became an American citizen and started and ran a successful business for 30+ years.  He is more American and patriotic than a lot of motherfuckers I know.

**edit** He got political asylum so he was legal.  However my point is that people from nothing should not always be turned away because of their situation.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 11:40:50 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #181 on: February 09, 2017, 11:23:34 AM »

Not a big Yuengling fan, but could live with this.

Not a very popular place with the brothers.

My kinda place. I always liked country boys. They're sure as hell don't like you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #182 on: February 09, 2017, 11:25:33 AM »

Not a very popular place with the brothers.

My kinda place. I always liked country boys. They're sure as hell don't like you.

It's gonna take me at least two days to respond to this!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #183 on: February 09, 2017, 11:30:32 AM »
please keep your sexual fantasies to yourself.

Look, that was meant as a joke.  GF is not part of any sexual fantasy I may or may not have. 

His face is, though.  Damn that face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #184 on: February 09, 2017, 11:33:41 AM »
That is a liberal misrepresentation. The American Indian was not CREATED on this continent. They migrated here, like most everyone else. Maybe the animals that were already here have a claim to the land....
I know where my people came from. They didn't sneak in.

But really all of that does not matter. If you are here illegally, you knew the risk. If you were born on this soil, you, by law, are now a citizen.
The ones here illegally who have enjoyed the fruits of legal citizens, have stolen from the citizens right of the pursuit of happiness. It is an American right, not a world right. (not a Mexican right)

There should be a penance for the crime. Or else the act will be seen as justified. Which is a slap in the face to all LEGAL immigrants. IF living here is worth it to them, then whatever penance is required should be gladly taken. I'm not talking about cutting a hand off. But it should be a sacrifice.
Just giving a pass to them is spitting on our citizens.

The rest of your suggestions were acceptable. Invading America should not be a akin to having a winning lottery ticket.

You are missing my point.  I totally agree we need to stop the influx.  But the current system is fucked. 

My plan dealt with those that are here currently contributing, if it can be proven that since they have been on American soil they have been a productive, working member of our society, as nook said IMO they should be offered amnesty and issued some type of registration card. 

Not contributing, fine you have a period of time to fix that or you are out.
Taking welfare? you have a time to fix that or you are out.
Break our laws, no second chances, you are gone.

Those that want to come here from this point forward must do it LEGALLY.  The system needs to be redefined.

As you stated "Being born on this soil, makes you an American" to me this is a stupid concept, an illegal can have a child here and they are now an American Citizen this is a problem as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #185 on: February 09, 2017, 11:37:01 AM »
You are missing my point.  I totally agree we need to stop the influx.  But the current system is fucked. 

My plan dealt with those that are here currently contributing, if it can be proven that since they have been on American soil they have been a productive, working member of our society, as nook said IMO they should be offered amnesty and issued some type of registration card. 

Not contributing, fine you have a period of time to fix that or you are out.
Taking welfare? you have a time to fix that or you are out.
Break our laws, no second chances, you are gone.

Those that want to come here from this point forward must do it LEGALLY.  The system needs to be redefined.

As you stated "Being born on this soil, makes you an American" to me this is a stupid concept, an illegal can have a child here and they are now an American Citizen this is a problem as well.

No sexual fantasy involved here but, you complete me.

All of this post right above mine.^^^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #186 on: February 09, 2017, 11:48:01 AM »
Right, he's threatening anyone who tries to challenge his authoritarian power.

"authoritarian power" 

Untwist your little panties nancy. 

He's a businessman.  He's used to making decisions and having them be done.  It's not "authoritarian power" it's just how he knows to handle things.  I'm not surprised, I completely completetly understand because that's the same world in which I exist.  I've run my own company for nearly 15 years.  I'm used to saying things and seeing them done. I'm used to being the final word. I'm used to people coming to me to make the decision. It makes my personal relationships occasionally difficult and, frankly, it colors some of my interactions here.  I have to work to scale back the absolutes. 

Prowler knows more than you do about this, how does that make you feel? As he already said, there is no due process. People's assets are being forfeited without being convicted, or even charged for crimes.
Between me, Prowler, and you, one of us doesn't understand what's actually being discussed and it's not who you think.

You disappoint me. 

Civil asset forfeiture has been going on for a long time. It's nothing new.  Please show me all these poor innocent citizens who are having their property taken away forever.  I haven't seen them. 

If it's truly a major issue and you can provide compelling statistical evidence to support it? Then maybe it does bear some examination, but one pissing and moaning bitch in one state doesn't satisfy the requirement.  Calling Trump out on it in that particular forum isn't the answer, either.  There are appropriate ways to approach the topic.  There are legal remedies and other means by which to seek redress. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #187 on: February 09, 2017, 11:49:03 AM »

Nuff said!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #188 on: February 09, 2017, 12:26:19 PM »
Civil asset forfeiture has been going on for a long time. It's nothing new.  Please show me all these poor innocent citizens who are having their property taken away forever.  I haven't seen them. 

If it's truly a major issue and you can provide compelling statistical evidence to support it? Then maybe it does bear some examination, but one pissing and moaning bitch in one state doesn't satisfy the requirement.  Calling Trump out on it in that particular forum isn't the answer, either.  There are appropriate ways to approach the topic.  There are legal remedies and other means by which to seek redress.
Did you try?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/investigative/2014/09/06/stop-and-seize/
The effort succeeded, but it had an impact that has been largely hidden from public view: the spread of an aggressive brand of policing that has spurred the seizure of hundreds of millions of dollars in cash from motorists and others not charged with crimes, a Washington Post investigation found. Thousands of people have been forced to fight legal battles that can last more than a year to get their money back.

This is from an offshoot of Cato Institute:
https://www.policemisconduct.net/explainers/civil-asset-forfeiture/
Civil asset forfeiture refers to a legal procedure by which the government is able to seize and ultimately forfeit (i.e. taken ownership of) the property of people suspected of wrongdoing – even when those people are never convicted of, or even charged with, a crime. Civil forfeiture should be distinguished from criminal asset forfeiture, by which the government is able to forfeit the property only after a person has been convicted of a crime in court.

Here's an anecdotal case, as you requested.
https://psmag.com/how-civil-forfeiture-laws-are-costing-innocent-people-their-homes-d13d288d94fb#.uwudwy9eq
But four years ago, something happened that imperiled Bing’s plans. In October 2009, police raided the house and charged her son, Andrew, then 24, with selling eight packets of crack cocaine to an undercover informant. (Upon entering the house, police reported finding unused packets, though not drugs, in a rear bedroom.) Rochelle Bing was not present and was not accused of a crime. Yet she soon received a frightening letter from the Philadelphia district attorney’s office. Because Andrew had sold the drugs from inside his mother’s house, a task force of law enforcement officials moved to seize Bing’s house. They filed a court claim, quickly approved, that gave Bing just 30 days to dissuade a judge from granting “a decree of forfeiture” that would give the DA’s office title to the property. Bing was devastated.

From the libtards over at TheBlaze:
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2014/09/30/the-government-doesnt-need-to-charge-you-with-a-crime-to-seize-your-assets-and-property/
Did you know you don’t actually need to be charged with a crime for the government to seize your financial and property assets?

Under U.S. law, it can take only the suspicion of a crime to turn lives upside down and seize the property of innocent citizens.

The civil asset forfeiture law allows government agencies like the IRS or the Department of Justice to confiscate anyone’s property without obtaining criminal charges against them.
Wednesday’s new episode of TheBlaze TV’s For the Record, “Seized,” will reveal how thousands of people have become innocent victims of the government’s forfeiture law and what they are doing to fight back.

“This has a tremendous negative impact on our freedoms and the ability to carry on our government the way it’s been established according to the Constitution,” Walberg said. “That’s not what government should be, in the place of being a fearmonger, a producer of fear in the peoples’ lives and ultimately, using their power to extract resources for their own benefit.”

Many many more anecdotes here:
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/08/12/taken
and here
http://www.forbes.com/sites/georgeleef/2014/09/12/time-for-civil-asset-forfeiture-laws-to-meet-the-same-fate-as-jim-crow/

Way better to loudly shout down everyone else as IDIOTS because you're all-knowing than to actually read this shit for yourself and knowing what the fuck you're actually talking about before talking down to others.

Now does it "bear some examination"? Lemme guess. No.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #189 on: February 09, 2017, 12:32:07 PM »
Did you try?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/investigative/2014/09/06/stop-and-seize/
This is from an offshoot of Cato Institute:
https://www.policemisconduct.net/explainers/civil-asset-forfeiture/
Here's an anecdotal case, as you requested.
https://psmag.com/how-civil-forfeiture-laws-are-costing-innocent-people-their-homes-d13d288d94fb#.uwudwy9eq
From the libtards over at TheBlaze:
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2014/09/30/the-government-doesnt-need-to-charge-you-with-a-crime-to-seize-your-assets-and-property/
Many many more anecdotes here:
http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/08/12/taken
and here
http://www.forbes.com/sites/georgeleef/2014/09/12/time-for-civil-asset-forfeiture-laws-to-meet-the-same-fate-as-jim-crow/

Way better to loudly shout down everyone else as IDIOTS because you're all-knowing than to actually read this shit for yourself and knowing what the fuck you're actually talking about before talking down to others.

Now does it "bear some examination"? Lemme guess. No.

Nope. 

Not persuaded. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2017, 01:02:32 PM »
and issued some type of registration card

I think the Germans did this as well.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #191 on: February 09, 2017, 01:30:21 PM »

Yes as they were invading other countries they also made them wear pieces of flair.  My plan is simple when we invade Mexico we won't have to issue registrations.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 01:40:29 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #193 on: February 09, 2017, 02:31:27 PM »

Stop taking selfies. 

FWIW? If it were such a terrible problem, the emperor had eight years to do something about it.

It's a little -- no a lot -- disengenuous and emotionally hysterical to freakshow because President Trump hasn't leaped in with his mighty sword pen and solved this to your satisfaction.

Further? Most of the examples of bitching and crying were from people who at best skirting the law.  The poor little old lady whose son was using her home as the base for a drug operation? Don't tell me she didn't know.

You are incredibly naive when it comes to the "it wasn't me" layer of society.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2017, 02:41:45 PM »

Where fdr got the idea from?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #195 on: February 09, 2017, 02:42:47 PM »
It's gonna take me at least two days to respond to this!

I've reread his post 6 times and gotten 6 different things out of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #196 on: February 09, 2017, 02:49:00 PM »
I didn't read anything that Chizzy posted in this thread, yet I know that he's wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #197 on: February 09, 2017, 02:50:30 PM »

It was a movie quote. And my response cleverly contained the title...

Although I have no idea why he was quoting a movie.  And his first response was, well, a bit otherworldly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #198 on: February 09, 2017, 03:45:13 PM »

This meme looks like (to me) a brother drinking in a country bar. Made me think of this movie.

I know, spike the hate meter.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:54:09 PM by dallaswareagle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #199 on: February 09, 2017, 03:55:10 PM »
You know what I am? I'm your worst fuckin' nightmare, man. I'm a n***** with a badge which means I got permission to kick your fuckin' ass whenever I feel like it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions