Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Budweiser's Superbowl commercial might get people talking even more...

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Budweiser's Superbowl commercial might get people talking even more...
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2017, 07:14:03 PM »
I did.

You might have noticed I also bumped the "racism" thread above to address the issue.  It's getting very comfortable for some to throw slurs.

WTF did I miss? I was lucky enough to be on aufagsfamily.com board when the salivating CTT penith drill press image was posted  (circa '09 '10 or '11),  :classic: but seemed to have missed shit here. WTF?

Aaaand now Trump supporters are boycotting Budweiser, SMH. Fuckin snowflakes.

How dare they create a commercial 8 months ago telling the truth about who created this beer that I'm knocking back and airing it during the Super Bowl...fuck 'at shit, I'mma go back to drinkin my natty light.

Hey now. My grandmother's maiden name was Busch. I'm of immigrant decent, but a Trump supporter. So, what does that make me? Chopped Liver?

Clearly, all of you guys are uneducated. There are no races.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:29:46 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2017, 07:37:24 PM »
Another Superbowl commercial (2nd half of this commercial wasn't shown)...

Screw that wood commercial

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 07:41:10 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2017, 07:42:55 PM »
WTF did I miss? I was lucky enough to be on aufagsfamily.com board when the salivating CTT penith drill press image was posted  (circa '09 '10 or '11),  :classic: but seemed to have missed shit here. WTF?

Hey now. My grandmother's maiden name was Busch. I'm of immigrant decent, but a Trump supporter. So, what does that make me? Chopped Liver?

Clearly, all of you guys are uneducated. There are no races.
Again, it's the "poorly educated that Trump loves" that are protesting the Aneheuser-Busch company because they showed that the company was started by LEGAL immigrants.

But to be on the safe side, better watch out...Kaos is sharpening up his pitchfork and lighting his torch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2017, 08:58:50 PM »
Just so we're clear...

The people calling everyone "snowflakes" have been deeply offended by a Broadway show, a coffee shop, Saturday Night Live, a Star Wars movie, a beer commercial, & a lumber commercial.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2017, 09:47:17 PM »
Just so we're clear...

The people calling everyone "snowflakes" have been deeply offended by a Broadway show, a coffee shop, Saturday Night Live, a Star Wars movie, a beer commercial, & a lumber commercial.

Offended is too strong a word for me. Humored is more to liking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2017, 08:51:17 AM »
Just so we're clear...

And yet no one has been hurt, no fires have been started, and no rioting has been done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2017, 09:08:50 AM »
Just so we're clear...

I haven't been offended by any of those things, but I don't call them snowflakes, either. They are more like fucking pussies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2017, 09:21:43 AM »
Just so we're clear...

I'm posting here less and less because politics have always been tribal, but it's off the charts now. There's no nuance, no rational discussion, no ceding middle ground.

This forum is a microcosm of that. Kaos twists and spins to defend anything and everything Trump and/or his supporters do. Prowler twists and spins to demonize everything they do.

In a sane world, we could discuss why getting your panties in a twist over the Budweiser commercial about the legal immigrants who founded Anheuser Busch is stupid and way overblown, but that the criticism of the 84 Lumber is reasonable. Critics of this one may have been heard out had they not blown their wad on the innocuous Budweiser commercial.

At the same time, Prowler is knee-jerk defending the 84 Lumber commercial and then posting this out of the other side of his mouth:
Again, it's the "poorly educated that Trump loves" that are protesting the Aneheuser-Busch company because they showed that the company was started by LEGAL immigrants.

So is the distinction that the Budweiser commercial was about LEGAL immigrants and if so why is the 84 Lumber commercial ok for advocating for ILLEGAL immigrants?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2017, 09:28:51 AM »
I'm posting here less and less ...

And you atheists say there is no God. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2017, 10:05:41 AM »
I'm posting here less and less because politics have always been tribal, but it's off the charts now. There's no nuance, no rational discussion, no ceding middle ground.

This forum is a microcosm of that. Kaos twists and spins to defend anything and everything Trump and/or his supporters do. Prowler twists and spins to demonize everything they do.

In a sane world, we could discuss why getting your panties in a twist over the Budweiser commercial about the legal immigrants who founded Anheuser Busch is stupid and way overblown, but that the criticism of the 84 Lumber is reasonable. Critics of this one may have been heard out had they not blown their wad on the innocuous Budweiser commercial.

At the same time, Prowler is knee-jerk defending the 84 Lumber commercial and then posting this out of the other side of his mouth:
So is the distinction that the Budweiser commercial was about LEGAL immigrants and if so why is the 84 Lumber commercial ok for advocating for ILLEGAL immigrants?

See you should post more, I agree with all of this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2017, 10:17:30 AM »
See you should post more, I agree with all of this.

I want to have a Budweiser with you, cowboy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2017, 11:29:47 AM »
I object to the characterization that all I'm doing is twisting to defend PRESIDENT Trump.

What support I have for Trump was really forged here by the screaming and shrieking nancys who displayed such arrogance and condescension in regard to a candidate I recognized early on had the requsite combination of factors to slay the hilldebeest.  I would not be nearly as strongly in support of the man or his policies had I not witnessed a mini meltdown here. The same insulting, whining, bitching hysteria that gripped the nation from a bunch of wrong-headed bleeding hearts was on display here. It entrenched me.

I rarely agree with Stephen A. but I heard him today say something that was salient. He said if you're going to protest you have a responsibility to know why. You can't just say "Trump is a racist." You should know specifically what he said and in what context otherwise you have no opinion.  You are not informed.

I give chiz credit for at least trying to have a reason.  He's wrong and his reasons are hysterical-woman false,  but he does try.  Others? Ha!  It is to laugh. And I often do
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #72 on: February 07, 2017, 11:51:14 AM »
I object to the characterization that all I'm doing is twisting to defend PRESIDENT Trump.

What support I have for Trump was really forged here by the screaming and shrieking nancys who displayed such arrogance and condescension in regard to a candidate I recognized early on had the requsite combination of factors to slay the hilldebeest.  I would not be nearly as strongly in support of the man or his policies had I not witnessed a mini meltdown here. The same insulting, whining, bitching hysteria that gripped the nation from a bunch of wrong-headed bleeding hearts was on display here. It entrenched me.

I rarely agree with Stephen A. but I heard him today say something that was salient. He said if you're going to protest you have a responsibility to know why. You can't just say "Trump is a racist." You should know specifically what he said and in what context otherwise you have no opinion.  You are not informed.

I give chiz credit for at least trying to have a reason.  He's wrong and his reasons are hysterical-woman false,  but he does try.  Others? Ha!  It is to laugh. And I often do
For example, what do you think about Trump tweeting about the "so called" judge who ruled to overturn the travel ban? You know, the co-equal judicial branch. I know your opinion before you say it. "TRUMP IS RIGHT FUCK THAT JUDGE! HE'S THE PRESIDENT!! GET OVER IT!! FUCK CHECKS & BALANCES!!!".

I also know for a fact you would have (and did have) 100% opposite opinion of Obama even mildly SUGGESTING that the executive branch has some special power over either of the other two, let alone actively slandering and discrediting them.

Or your opinion of Trump responding to O'Reilley's question about Putin being a killer with basically "America sucks too" and essentially insinuating 1) that there's no such thing as American exceptionalism, and 2) That our government KILLS dissenters.

Once again, before you post anything, I KNOW that you think that's high-five worthy and "tellin' it like it is" and it's tough love or some such bullshit, and that "HE DIDN'T SAY THOSE THINGS, YOU'RE READING INTO STUFF THAT'S NOT THERE" and refusing to acknowledge the context of the question being asked of him. And I also KNOW that had Obama said MUCH LESS about a foreign leader with a human rights record like Putin's, you would be pants-shitting livid.

It's a combination of being so predictable, so hypocritical, and so manufactured and intellectually dishonest, I don't even enjoy discussing it anymore.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 11:53:10 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #73 on: February 07, 2017, 11:54:42 AM »

Regardless of the reasons, I totally support your posting less. Whatever I can do to help, count me in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2017, 12:22:21 PM »
For example, what do you think about Trump tweeting about the "so called" judge who ruled to overturn the travel ban? You know, the co-equal judicial branch. I know your opinion before you say it. "TRUMP IS RIGHT FUCK THAT JUDGE! HE'S THE PRESIDENT!! GET OVER IT!! FUCK CHECKS & BALANCES!!!".

I also know for a fact you would have (and did have) 100% opposite opinion of Obama even mildly SUGGESTING that the executive branch has some special power over either of the other two, let alone actively slandering and discrediting them.

Or your opinion of Trump responding to O'Reilley's question about Putin being a killer with basically "America sucks too" and essentially insinuating 1) that there's no such thing as American exceptionalism, and 2) That our government KILLS dissenters.

Once again, before you post anything, I KNOW that you think that's high-five worthy and "tellin' it like it is" and it's tough love or some such bullshit, and that "HE DIDN'T SAY THOSE THINGS, YOU'RE READING INTO STUFF THAT'S NOT THERE" and refusing to acknowledge the context of the question being asked of him. And I also KNOW that had Obama said MUCH LESS about a foreign leader with a human rights record like Putin's, you would be pants-shitting livid.

It's a combination of being so predictable, so hypocritical, and so manufactured and intellectually dishonest, I don't even enjoy discussing it anymore.

Your biggest problem -- as evidenced here -- is that you've already formed MY opinion.  Compounding the issue is that you're so blindly and confidently assured that your opinion is the only one that's sane and logical that you rarely hear anything over your own shrieking.

I've reached the point that I'm more inclined to support whatever Trump does or says because I find people who oppose him to be so unpalatable.  That opposition includes Chuck Bawling Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, most of the film and recording industry, the Bernie Sanders idiots, and, yes, most of the third-party quixotes. 

Obama's Islamic "vision" for my country was a million percent wrong. I don't like everything Trump's said or done but I'm much more closely aligned with his decisions than I ever was Obama.  I don't appreciate the unabashed media assault on him - including SNL which can go fuck itself forever - particularly when they treated that fuckwad Obama and the slouching beast Hillary with such deference.

Trump is doing exactly what he said he was going to do. I don't know why anyone is surprised.  This is exactly why he was elected by everything but the illegal voters in california. Media bias and rainbow judges aside? There is VAST ground support for his moves so far.

To answer your question? I'm willing to accept the angry tweets in pursuit of a staunchly pro American, pro defense and pro diplomatic positioning stance.  I appreciate his honesty. It's something that's been lacking for a long time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2017, 02:10:19 PM »
I've reached the point that I'm more inclined to support whatever Trump does or says because I find people who oppose him to be so unpalatable.

To answer your question? I'm willing to accept the angry tweets in pursuit of a staunchly pro American, pro defense and pro diplomatic positioning stance.  I appreciate his honesty. It's something that's been lacking for a long time.
So these are the closest you've come to answering the question. So shitting on the system of checks and balances is cool. Not sure how saying America is no better than Putin for killing off dissenters is "staunchly pro American" at all. But ok.

Here's another great one from today. Laughing at "destroying the career" of a state senator for advocating for due process before the government steals your property.
https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/829007910277636097

I won't presuppose your position on this this time. Surprise me. What do you think of this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2017, 02:13:50 PM »
So now its checks and balances. Before it was just beer and nuts...It was all good when your lord and savior barack hussein obama was calling he shots...

Funny how that is...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2017, 02:22:18 PM »
So these are the closest you've come to answering the question. So shitting on the system of checks and balances is cool. Not sure how saying America is no better than Putin for killing off dissenters is "staunchly pro American" at all. But ok.

Here's another great one from today. Laughing at "destroying the career" of a state senator for advocating for due process before the government steals your property.
https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/829007910277636097

I won't presuppose your position on this this time. Surprise me. What do you think of this.

I'm not sure he's saying shit on the system of checks and balances. But I do think he is saying he doesn't agree with some in that process and their interpretation.

And I'll echo what K and GF said to a degree. I think you bring at least some rationale points to the table. And I think you mean well and good. More than I can say for someone else on this board.

Objectively speaking I like a lot of the same things K has pointed out about the Donald. I like the candidness. I like that he's doing what he said. I like that he isn't afraid to tackle many of these things head on. I like that he is very pro America. I like that he feels like a real commander In chief. And that he is a huge supporter of law enforcement.

On the other side of the coin I do think there are a couple of things that maybe needed a little work. He's not perfect and no president is so I'm probably picking knits but just my take:

I do wish he would get off Twitter more. Nothing illegal or deal breaking but just my personal presence.

On the EO for refugees , the green card piece could have maybe been flushed out better.

On taxes - no mention of this yet. And it may be on his agenda for next month. But it's one thing I don't want to fall by the wayside.

On Russia - I know exactly what he meant by the statement. But that was a horrible way to phrase it. Our govt and cia has been in bed with these people and much worse through the years. We've even had some of our own that were horrible people. But ya gotta word it better than that. This is Russia - can't make a semantic goof like that. My guess is that trump is posturing here to turn them against Iran and also use them against Isis.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2017, 02:24:25 PM »
So now its checks and balances. Before it was just beer and nuts...It was all good when your lord and savior barack hussein obama was calling he shots...

Funny how that is...
Link plz?

You keep forgetting that I actually have principles and am consistent on them no matter if there's a little (R) or (D) after their name. I understand that this confuses you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2017, 02:42:14 PM »
Link plz?

You keep forgetting that I actually have principles and am consistent on them no matter if there's a little (R) or (D) after their name. I understand that this confuses you.

It's just his personal presence that you flush out your rationale thoughts better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."