Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

If We Know It...

jmar

Re: If We Know It...
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2016, 03:14:09 AM »
I just checked the stats and let me tell you something right now.  Courtney Taylor may have been on that team and he may have had more receptions, yardage and TD's than Obasawonapoo and Aropadoopadoo... BUT...

You are totally correct.  Baddest ever.  This group is athletic as hell, but they have a long way to go to live up to those standards.  It would help to have Jason Campbell running the show, though.
The difference from then to now was having the correct mix of calls with arguably the best running back duo in cfb. We have that ability, we just don't have the consistent playcalling with the right groups in the game... especially in the redzone. And during Campbell's time at Auburn, we couldn't be kept out of the endzone.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 03:17:24 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2016, 10:27:32 AM »
I can't ever catch up on the flood of posts on Monday mornings, and I just skimmed this one, so it may have already been said.

Against Clemson, Gus rotated the 3 QBs on a conveyor belt, so none of them could get into a rhythm. Dumb.

Against A&M, they stuck with Sean the entire game until it was out of reach, then they stuck with Franklin: Dumb.

Against LSU, Sean White was moving the ball and doing everything you could ask of him. UNTIL we got in the red zone. Then we couldn't do shit. THAT is when you put Franklin in. Those 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 1 on the goal line before the half? Why not play JF3, Karryon & Pettway at the same time? At least give the defense something to think about. They had three tries to mix it up with handing it off and him taking it himself. THAT'S THE ONE TRICK THIS PONY KNOWS and they wouldn't use it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2016, 11:08:31 AM »
I thought the play calling was improved myself on Saturday for the most part. 388 yds against a very talented D.  I thought we did a good job of mixing in pace and taking our time. My issue was on the goal line the OL never got a push.  Once we left #52 untouched and dropped for a loss.  The wildcat with Kerryon was about half a yard to a yard shy but we got pushed backwards by LSU's big hogmolly linemen.  Our OL is killing us right now. 

I saw this posted elsewhere, not as good as StatSnaggs, but still something to think about. 

Here's another way to look at RZ TD scoring:

We suck at it right now, but last year we were 62.7% in RZ TDs, which is a really good percentage. The problem with RZ TDs is we aren't scoring TDs from outside the RZ so it makes RZ TDs so much more important. We aren't able to squander the RZ TDs like we could in 2013 and 2014. Red zone trip shave gone down each year since 2013, which makes those trips vitally important because we aren't scoring nearly as frequently from outside the RZ.

Our RZ TD% in 2013 was 72.1% and, in 2014, 65.5%. But we also scored 29 and 20 TDs from outside the RZ. In 2015, we only scored 8 TDs from 20+ yards out and have only scored 2 from 20+ this season. Combine that number with the fewer attempts in the RZ (61 in '13, 58 in '14, 51 in '15, and 22 in '16), and you have a recipe for increased pressure on the RZ trips. If we were scoring TDs on big plays, our RZ woes wouldn't be nearly as big a deal as it currently is.

As bad as the RZ numbers are, this offense is currently worse in producing big play TDs, which I think is just as big an issue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2016, 11:30:57 AM »
What I saw on Saturday reminded me of Tubs years.  We would go into full on conservative mode when we got to the redzone.  Again I am harping we had way too many runs on first down.

We also need to tell Sean every once in awhile to throw it deep, even if the guy isn't open throw it out of bounds, we have to loosen up the defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum