Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

If We Know It...

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: If We Know It...
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2016, 03:22:42 PM »
SDS says they are getting Woody Barrett ready for action as early as this week.
I'm just wondering how we can get all 4 QBs in for a play?  Maybe just leave the Tackles on the bench.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2016, 03:25:36 PM »
SDS says they are getting Woody Barrett ready for action as early as this week.
I'm just wondering how we can get all 4 QBs in for a play?  Maybe just leave the Tackles on the bench.

Single wing.  Duh!  But don't let that get out. Dave Aranda might google it tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2016, 03:31:53 PM »
For me, it's like this and like that and like this and a....

A few points:

Sean White is the best all around QB we have.  But he is severely limited in this offense.  He's got decent wheels and can take off a few times when the pocket breaks down.  But he is not a read option QB.  Circa 09' Gus. 

If Malzahn stubbornly refuses to adjust his O to fit Sean and continues with the same thing Nick Marshall was running, then put Clifford Franklin IV in.  I don't like and don't want CFXXV as our QB, but if it's the read option, then he's the only choice. Or Woody Barrett.

If at this point, you have any QB on your roster that's "Still learning the offense", then you either suck as a coach or you recruited a bunch of Down Syndrome kids.  When the opposing team is laughing at you and openly telling the world you only run two plays...there's a problem.  A big one!

Agree with this, I just don't know how Malzahn has become so dependent on one style of offense. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2016, 03:31:58 PM »

A few points:

Sean White is the best all around QB we have.  But he is severely limited in this offense.  He's got decent wheels and can take off a few times when the pocket breaks down.  But he is not a read option QB.  Circa 09' Gus. 

If Malzahn stubbornly refuses to adjust his O to fit Sean and continues with the same thing Nick Marshall was running, then put Clifford Franklin IV in.  I don't like and don't want CFXXV as our QB, but if it's the read option, then he's the only choice. Or Woody Barrett.

If at this point, you have any QB on your roster that's "Still learning the offense", then you either suck as a coach or you recruited a bunch of Down Syndrome kids.  When the opposing team is laughing at you and openly telling the world you only run two plays...there's a problem.  A big one!

If things continue I'd be looking to transfer-Gus has not shown any ability to develop any quarterback.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2016, 03:35:59 PM »
Agree with this, I just don't know how Malzahn has become so dependent on one style of offense.

Winner winner Abe Frohman sausage dinner.  Dislodge head from ass...adjust offense...problem solved.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

chinook

« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2016, 03:46:44 PM »
Regardless of the coach building skills, playbook, table etiquette etc...I don't see any of our QB's being effective in the SEC. 

White [meh]...how many TD's has he thrown?  4.  4 fucking TD's in his career.  He's so tiny. 

Johnson ...cuckoo. 

JF!!! ...dumb as rock.  He looks lost.  Better fit for the track team.

As far as our current situation...it's a combo of shitty coaching and not having a serviceable QB1.

There's a snake in my boot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2016, 03:51:34 PM »
With Chandler Cox and Kamryn Pettway there to play the role of Eric Smif and later Lutzie...there's no reason that Sean White can't lead the team using the same offensive plan Gus had in 2009.  There are several candidates to play the roles of Darvin Adams and Terrell Zachary.  The only real ? is the OL...more specifically, the Tackles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2016, 04:08:31 PM »
I am Gus Malzahn. 

I played golf a lot. I play well sometimes and crappy others.  I was never a long driver and my irons were iffy but I had a knack for putting.  Get on the green anywhere -- hell, even the fringe -- and a two putt was damn near automatic.  I averaged like 1.4 putts per hole when I was keeping up with it.  I never spent a lot of time standing around reading the green or any of that.  I just had a touch for it.  Walk up, look at the hole for a while, visualize the path all the way back to the ball and hit it. 

So the guys I usually play with, one of them is putting together his "killer foursome" for this tournament. He's got a couple of big knockers with their 280 yard drives, a guy who was killer with a wedge.  And he recruited me to slam the door with putting. 

We did practice rounds and I was nonchalantly smacking them in from everywhere.  Three to six feet? I'd almost Happy Gilmore it.  Wouldn't even get set, just walk up and tap at it. 

First day of the tournament I'm my regular self.  Putting without a care. End of the day, we're leading.  Next day?  I've got the jeebs.  I'm still making the occasional putt, but I'm blowing some past the hole and leaving others way short. There was a tipping point on that. I had a four foot putt they'd all missed. Was a little difficult, but not anything I hadn't handled before. I left it two inches short. I started pressing and the shots didn't come.  We've dropped down the leaderboard but still have a shot at winning.  Day 3?  I can't putt for shit.  I start studying shots.  Changing balls. Adjusting my stance. 

It took me a couple of years to work my way out of it.  I've bought two putters.  I've switched putters in the middle of a round.  I've used different putters on different holes in the same round. 

It was all in my head.  Several months ago, I finally just stopped thinking.  The last time I played I putted like a champ.

That's where Gus is.  Sean is a putter.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 04:11:10 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2016, 04:14:10 PM »

A few points:

No sir. You give White a gameplan allow him levity to make changes accordingly and YOU adjust to THAT. Then and only then if gou feel inclined do you bring in Kerryon or JFIII. These guys are only additions, not true QBs.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 04:16:00 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2016, 04:20:18 PM »
I am Gus Malzahn. 

I played golf a lot. I play well sometimes and crappy others.  I was never a long driver and my irons were iffy but I had a knack for putting.  Get on the green anywhere -- hell, even the fringe -- and a two putt was damn near automatic.  I averaged like 1.4 putts per hole when I was keeping up with it.  I never spent a lot of time standing around reading the green or any of that.  I just had a touch for it.  Walk up, look at the hole for a while, visualize the path all the way back to the ball and hit it. 

So the guys I usually play with, one of them is putting together his "killer foursome" for this tournament. He's got a couple of big knockers with their 280 yard drives, a guy who was killer with a wedge.  And he recruited me to slam the door with putting. 

We did practice rounds and I was nonchalantly smacking them in from everywhere.  Three to six feet? I'd almost Happy Gilmore it.  Wouldn't even get set, just walk up and tap at it. 

First day of the tournament I'm my regular self.  Putting without a care. End of the day, we're leading.  Next day?  I've got the jeebs.  I'm still making the occasional putt, but I'm blowing some past the hole and leaving others way short. There was a tipping point on that. I had a four foot putt they'd all missed. Was a little difficult, but not anything I hadn't handled before. I left it two inches short. I started pressing and the shots didn't come.  We've dropped down the leaderboard but still have a shot at winning.  Day 3?  I can't putt for shit.  I start studying shots.  Changing balls. Adjusting my stance. 

It took me a couple of years to work my way out of it.  I've bought two putters.  I've switched putters in the middle of a round.  I've used different putters on different holes in the same round. 

It was all in my head.  Several months ago, I finally just stopped thinking.  The last time I played I putted like a champ.

That's where Gus is.  Sean is a putter.

Of all the things I thought I would read today on this board, that did not crack the top 1000. :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2016, 04:23:02 PM »
I don't think there's one QB that will win us football games.

White is not our best chance at winning. He's our best chance at not getting blown out. Obliterated. Embarrassed. He can at least connect a few passes, but most of his drives will stall. Defenses will adjust to the very limited game plan we have for him, and by the end of the game, like most of his games, the offense he manages will get around 13 points. As someone pointed out already, he has 4 tds total in 10 games played and not to mention, 4 ints as well.

He's averaging around the same YPG this year as he did last (170 vs 166).

JFIII is a pipe dream. He's fast. That's it. There is literally nothing else he has shown he can do. Nothing even really hyped about him. That's all he had coming in as a recruit: he's lightning fast. That's not a skill that wins football games.

JJ is a head case on the field. No need to rehash it all, but he'll never win us games.

I would say JFIII and JJ are sure-fire losses with embarrassing margins. Sean White might keep us in it if the other team's offense is as crappy as ours. But White will not give us the best chance to win. We need to stop describing him that way.

There's a bigger issue here than QB though. This is one of the rare times as an Auburn fan that I don't believe there is a best chance to win. It's all about not losing and not losing badly. Our QBs don't give us a best chance to win - most of them are assured losses. One of them might prevent us from getting BTFO.

Our offensive line isn't going to win us any games. They're one of the worst in the country in the TFL category. They kill drives. That's not a best chance to win - that's an assured loss.

Our running backs are our only bright spot. Maybe the receivers, but they will be hampered by the offense line and QB play. Our running backs might give us a chance to win if they can pop some big plays. But don't forget that we play in the SEC and most of our opponents will limit the number of big plays one player can make if the team around him sucks.

2012 and 2015 are the only years I ever experienced where I hit the point that I sincerely believed we would not win another meaningful game. I'm pretty much there in 2016. There are no answers this year. That's on Gus. Might be on the players as well. Maybe Gus has had terrible luck recruiting kids that can get the job done. But maybe that should be his responsibility too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2016, 04:36:20 PM »
Our offensive line isn't going to win us any games. They're one of the worst in the country in the TFL category. They kill drives. That's not a best chance to win - that's an assured loss.

Again...gameplan ...gameplan...gameplan

It's easy to say our Offensive Line sucks but when we run it 90% of the time on first down and end up in a third down(+6yds) all the defense has to do is pin their ears back.  They don't have a chance!

Listen we have all said we know what is coming on offense we have watched enough Auburn football.  What about the guy that does this as a job, you don't think our opposing defensive coordinators aren't clued into Gus's tendencies. 

Fuck I'm an avg Joe and I could stop our offense if you give me 11 players.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 04:38:04 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2016, 04:37:48 PM »
I don't think there's one QB that will win us football games.

White is not our best chance at winning. He's our best chance at not getting blown out. Obliterated. Embarrassed. He can at least connect a few passes, but most of his drives will stall. Defenses will adjust to the very limited game plan we have for him, and by the end of the game, like most of his games, the offense he manages will get around 13 points. As someone pointed out already, he has 4 tds total in 10 games played and not to mention, 4 ints as well.

He's averaging around the same YPG this year as he did last (170 vs 166).

JFIII is a pipe dream. He's fast. That's it. There is literally nothing else he has shown he can do. Nothing even really hyped about him. That's all he had coming in as a recruit: he's lightning fast. That's not a skill that wins football games.

JJ is a head case on the field. No need to rehash it all, but he'll never win us games.

I would say JFIII and JJ are sure-fire losses with embarrassing margins. Sean White might keep us in it if the other team's offense is as crappy as ours. But White will not give us the best chance to win. We need to stop describing him that way.

There's a bigger issue here than QB though. This is one of the rare times as an Auburn fan that I don't believe there is a best chance to win. It's all about not losing and not losing badly. Our QBs don't give us a best chance to win - most of them are assured losses. One of them might prevent us from getting BTFO.

Our running backs are our only bright spot. Maybe the receivers, but they will be hampered by the offense line and QB play. Our running backs might give us a chance to win if they can pop some big plays. But don't forget that we play in the SEC and most of our opponents will limit the number of big plays one player can make if the team around him sucks.

2012 and 2015 are the only years I ever experienced where I hit the point that I sincerely believed we would not win another meaningful game. I'm pretty much there in 2016. There are no answers this year. That's on Gus. Might be on the players as well. Maybe Gus has had terrible luck recruiting kids that can get the job done. But maybe that should be his responsibility too.
No again. It's on this coaching triad to get the most out of them, call the correct plays and not fucking up Steel's defense. We should be able to hang with this gimp of a three yards and a cloud of shit on our worst day of play calling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2016, 04:38:32 PM »
No again. It's on this coaching triad to get the most out of them, call the correct plays and not fucking up Steel's defense. We should be able to hang with this gimp of a three yards and a cloud of shit on our worst day of play calling.
God help me I agree with the jmar.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2016, 04:41:36 PM »
I guarantee you that you put aTm OC Noel Mazzone in for Malzahn and we win, you cannot tell me that Trevor Knight is any better a QB than Sean is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2016, 05:02:47 PM »

And should tell you something.

The coaches cannot game plan for what we have on the field. Not going to happen. If I had to play QB for Auburn, Gus couldn't game plan to win with me on the field.

We SHOULD be able to put together some kind of productive offense that at least eats clock and gets us some field goals while giving the defense great field position. But we don't have that. We don't have the players for it even if Gus didn't have his head up his ass half the time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2016, 05:08:57 PM »
Goddamnit I am the one and only Uncle Rico on this site. I called the fucking plays and changed most of them. You can't run a fucking offense strictly from the sidelines. It's not possible if you intend to win. You have to take the reins and tell your guys that believe in you just what has to happen for the team to score. It's often that simple.You know the playbook and you tell the x receiver to hold his cut until the y arrives and you hurl the mfer off your front food and catch him in stride.

Fuck a goddamned genius!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2016, 05:12:23 PM »
And should tell you something.

The coaches cannot game plan for what we have on the field. Not going to happen. If I had to play QB for Auburn, Gus couldn't game plan to win with me on the field.

We SHOULD be able to put together some kind of productive offense that at least eats clock and gets us some field goals while giving the defense great field position. But we don't have that. We don't have the players for it even if Gus didn't have his head up his ass half the time.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2016, 05:18:34 PM »
Goddamnit I am the one and only Uncle Rico on this site. I called the fucking plays and changed most of them. You can't run a fucking offense strictly from the sidelines. It's not possible if you intend to win. You have to take the reins and tell your guys that believe in you just what has to happen for the team to score. It's often that simple.You know the playbook and you tell the x receiver to hold his cut until the y arrives and you hurl the mfer off your front food and catch him in stride.

Fuck a goddamned genius!

But did you win state!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2016, 05:18:47 PM »
We already have a viable run game
 All we need to do is mix in some short routes with an occasional deep ball. This is one of the better Ds we will face. We can't just push them around like Arky State.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions