Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week 1

Thoughts - Week 1
« on: September 04, 2016, 09:06:36 AM »
I don't know if I can do these every week after what I saw last night.

Auburn

- That was the worst offensive display of football I have ever seen in my entire life. And I do mean offensive. My safe space has been completely violated, and I feel like I need a therapist. I am a dedicated Auburn fan. I want to tailgate in Auburn or at home. I want to bullshit with my family and friends, with a beer in hand, and with the kids playing in the grass. I want to watch every Auburn game win or lose and feel like it's a part of my culture.

- I'm not doing this again. I saw this team last year, and it was awful. I saw it for a good chunk of 2014. I saw it for 2012. I saw it for most of 2011. I'm not going to subject myself to Auburn football if it means watching a completely unprepared team - or part of the team - take the field.

- I disagree with Stan White. And Jesse Palmer. And any other analyst that will say the same thing. Auburn was NOT struggling for an identity on offense. They weren't even trying. Gus Malzahn was not searching for which quarterback to play. He told us straight up that Sean White was the starter. All that meant was that White was getting the first snap of the game. Malzahn has decided to treat the quarterback position like one would a stable of running backs. It was laughable.

- I'm not going to say too much about who I think should start because I have no idea. Like I said before, there wasn't an identity struggle. I couldn't tell you what the different identities were. I don't know what each package was meant to accomplish.

- Does Gus know? Does he know why on 4th and 1 in the red zone he decided to go with Jeremy Johnson in the shotgun with no running backs for a quarterback draw? Has Gus never seen Johnson do the stutter step, half-assed jog, get tackled behind the line of scrimmage play? I saw it like ten times in 2015.

- And unfortunately we got what we've wanted since Tuberville was fired. We've said for years if only we had a defense...you better watch out SEC when we get a defense! And it looks like we got one. That was championship caliber defense against one of the most dynamic playmakers in the country.

- But who cares? I won't. I think I might have one more game in me just to see if Gus gets his head out of his ass and plays ONE quarterback. Maybe, just maybe, Gus will remember that he's not a rich dickhead that drives a BMW i8 around a small college town in Alabama and get back to playing hard nosed football with a strong running game and passes down field to keep the defense on their toes.

- Maybe he won't call plays that snap the ball to a white fullback that does a 360 spin and then runs the ball up the center's asshole. What the fuck was that? We did that play like 3 times. Jesus Christ!

- What worries me the most is that we've had off-the-field behavior issues and our team looks awfully undisciplined on the field. Tray Matthews showed his frustration with the decision to pop an opposing player in the face. I worry that this could get bad over the course of the season. If a Coker-at-Miami brawl ever took place at Jordan Hare, I think I would throw up.

The SEC

- is down. LSU, Tennessee, Miss State, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, South Carolina, Missouri, Auburn, and Arkansas all suck.

Alabama

- is good. As usual.

- And from what I've read and heard already, get ready for the talk that their new quarterback is going to be better than Cam Newton if he isn't already. No I'm not joking. That's going to be the narrative that they push because they have a black kid that can make plays against a defeated Pac 12 team.

College Football

- Goddamn it, I love you college football. Everything about you besides the dominant run Alabama has had over the past decade.

- But you've given me Jay Jacobs. I don't know if I forgive you for it. Jacobs has tarnished Auburn's identity as a program (big screen TVs, rap music blasted over the band, overwhelming corporate sponsors, and the worst coaching hires of all time). Every sport seems to be down at Auburn and the one that was really good last year (equestrian) might get cut. But hey, we have nice shit like buildings and parking lots, so fuck you fans for wanting to see a respectable display of athletics as you come back to the Plains for an autumn Saturday.

- Fuck Jay Jacobs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Thoughts - Week 1
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 09:24:15 AM »
I'm trying to watch his press conference, but I can't get through it for the vomit on my computer screen. 

He was "encouraged."  He thinks the second half shows that we're going to be "a very good football team."

We had the ball inside their 10 twice in the second half and came away with no points primarily because HE fucked it up.  Idiotic, ignorant decisions and calls.  Whatever happened was in spite of them, not because of them. 

"They all three had packages, that was our plan.  Clemson did some unique things..."

Bullshit. 

Everything he said is stupid. 

"That was the plan. That was the plan. That was the plan." 

I want to support him, I want to like him.  He's not seeing the same thing anybody else is.  I want to punch him in the fucking throat.

"The first games are about adjustments.."

"Certain quarterbacks are better at certain plays.  That was the plan..."

And he's got the balls to be testy about it.  Not even willing to admit that it was a cluster fuck of epic proportions.  "That was the plan."

If it WAS the plan?  The fucking plan SUCKED. 

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 09:27:51 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

jmar

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 09:40:43 AM »
Haven't watched press conference but his plan was a disaster. Still doing same failing shit expecting different results. So disturbed he can't own the obvious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 09:48:14 AM »
Odd thing is, the Auburn defense kept us in that game. The Auburn defense would have won us that game if the offense could have scored one of those two blown opportunities.

This QB shuffle is going to make or break this year. If we can't stick with one and do what was seen last night, it will probably turn out to be a horrible season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 10:02:26 AM »
Kaos - if it was the plan, he should be let go today.

If I had an employee show up to work and do something that looked that stupid, unprepared, and detrimental to the overall company, I'd fire him immediately especially if he already had some marks on his record.

I'd question a pee wee coach making some of those decisions. I'd be less surprise to learn that Bama paid Gus to destroy our program than to learn that a coach being paid $5 million dollars for his expertise on offense to be that awful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 11:08:00 AM »
2014 made me wonder, 2015 made me question why I get so invested in a game. Last night not one time did scream at the TV, I just expected Auburn to be the cluster fuck that it was. It was a night game so I was home anyway. Like you said I don't have it in me anymore to commit myself to this and what we are.

Tee times a plenty on Sat's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

bgreene

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 11:19:40 AM »
We should have won that game by two touchdowns all because of our defense. And yes, if that was "the plan" then he should have never been allowed back in the locker room. His crap should have been waiting for him in a box outside the door. What a joke, what an embarrassment, what an abortion, what...just what was that?! Johnson should never ever be an option. Pick one of the other two and play the game!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 11:30:40 AM »
Did Tony Franklin ever have a game in 2008 that had one yard rushing going into the half? We video taped him packing his shit up and getting out of dodge. Gus must go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2016, 11:34:06 AM »
Did Tony Franklin ever have a game in 2008 that had one yard rushing going into the half? We video taped him packing his shit up and getting out of dodge. Gus must go.

If last night was Gus getting more involved with the offense, for all that is holy please leave it the FUCK ALONE. :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2016, 11:42:07 AM »
Gus sees nothing wrong with taking a qb out who's getting rythm? :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 11:48:17 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2016, 11:56:46 AM »
Dear Gus,

I tried to like you.  When my bammer "friends" made fun of you and your high school offense, I took up for you.  If you no help me now, I say fuck you Gus Malzahn.

Love,

Buzz
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2016, 12:10:02 PM »
Dear Gus,

I tried to like you.  When my bammer "friends" made fun of you and your high school offense, I took up for you.  If you no help me now, I say fuck you Gus Malzahn.

Love,

Buzz

Dear Gus:

Please find another place to eat, our cliental deserve better.

Waffle House and Staff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2016, 01:16:26 PM »
Dear Gus,

Love,

Buzz
Hey bartender Jobu needs a refill.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2016, 05:32:31 PM »
Dear Gus,

You had the entire off season and you come up with that offense? Go eat a big pile of dog shit.

Signed,
Every Auburn fan
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2016, 06:28:43 PM »
Dear Gus,

You had the entire off season and you come up with that offense? Go eat a big pile of dog shit.

Signed,
Every Auburn fan

stealin' it
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2016, 08:36:08 PM »
Dear every other Div 1 team.

You need help on defense? I think I can help. My offense couldn't shit a turd after eating at Taco Bell and taking laxatives for four days.

Love and kisses.

Kevin Steele. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2016, 11:32:41 PM »
Thought about the debacle off an on all day. 

There's absolutely no excuse for what we saw Saturday night, nor the "that was the plan" press conference that displayed an amazing lack of awareness. 

I don't dislike Gus.  He's done some great things for us with some great players.  But he's fucked up as much as he's succeeded if you want to be brutally honest about it.   

Kahleel
Barrett
Clint
Kodi
Jeremy
Sean
Wallace

Are you really going to tell me Gus and Dipshitlee can't get one single serviceable quarterback out of that group?   They aren't lacking in talent. They just get brain fucked by the Malzahn method and fail to reach their potential. 

Whatever he's peddling isn't working. And it's not close.  It looks stupid and rinky dink.  Somewhere Houton Nutt is pumping his fist and going "Ahhh tollld ya brother! That shit ain't gonna work!" 

It made me sick to watch a little of Texas and Notre Dame and see Charlie Strong's group effectively run what looks like the offense we used to run with a freshman quarterback.  I had to turn it off it made my head hurt so badly. 

Look, I like Gus. I think he's a nice guy.  But what he's doing isn't working. He had all offseason to get things back on track, to find an offensive identity, to commit to something besides a clusterfuck of moronic "packages" and substitutions.

Here's the thing, though. Sometimes you have to make hard decisions.  One day next week I'm going to cut a guy loose who's worked for and with me since 1999.  I hate it, but I have few options left. He's done great work for me in the past, he was integral in building my business and was always on hand to do whatever. But over the last year, he's lost his way.  Twice he's missed major deadlines without any warning.  In July he had a significant release that he told me was handled and it failed in a major way.  It was a complete debacle. He recovered and got things caught up but then Friday he left on a two-week vacation. He had five things he had to do before he left. He only did one. He failed to promote some changes that broke things all over the place and had everybody else on my staff working 16-20 hours a day trying to fix what was messed up.  I like him. I like his wife and kids. It's going to make me sick to do it, but. The past is the past.  I gave him more latitude than I probably would anybody else. He blew it.

Same here.  It's blown. It's fucked so badly it can't be unfucked. 

Barring a miraculous turnaround (that's not going to happen so we can stop wishing it would) we will be looking for a new coach in December or earlier. 

The problem there is that LSU will also be looking. And as one of my LSU friends reminded me today "ours is the better job..." 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2016, 01:31:51 AM »
Kahleel
Barrett
Clint
Kodi
Jeremy
Sean
Wallace

And it's not just that.  Go back to his days at Arkansas/Tulsa.  No QB he's recruited out of high school has amounted to anything.  Remember Mitch Mustain?

Barring a miraculous turnaround (that's not going to happen so we can stop wishing it would) we will be looking for a new coach in December or earlier. 

I agree with you, the luster is off.  But I simply think that barring a 1-7, 4-8 season, we're stuck with him.  If we go 7-5, which I think we will, he will not be fired...  thanks to Jacobs, we can't afford it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 01:54:24 AM by AUJarhead »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2016, 07:34:18 AM »
Do we have anymore dreams to shatter at the QB position?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions