No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Jovon Robinson is R-U-N-N-O-F-T
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2016, 03:58:42 PM »
I'm just saying.  You have to try a little to average nearly 3 TDs per game.

I should have been more specific.  He took many practices off...especially late in the season.  It was said that he also had a horrible attitude that whole year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2016, 04:14:14 PM »
I should have been more specific.  He took many practices off...especially late in the season.  It was said that he also had a horrible attitude that whole year.

You know, it's a shame about Ed.

Oh, it was. Yeah, it was really a shame. To go so suddenly like that.

He was dying for years.

Sure, but... the end was very... very sudden.

He was in intensive care for eight weeks.

Yeah, but I mean the very end, when he actually died. That was extremely sudden.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2016, 04:19:08 PM »
Raven Gray, Chaz Ramsey, and  DeRon Furr all said hello and will have us know that they never got into fights with teammates at practice.

Lee Ziemba didn't beat up Coleman and send him to the hospital.

I miss the old days when he counted towards 4 or 5 recruiting classes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #84 on: August 04, 2016, 04:56:19 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #85 on: August 04, 2016, 05:02:33 PM »
What it looks like to be polar opposite than al.cuminagoatsmouth

http://www.espn.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/118906/malzahn-takes-control-of-future-at-auburn-by-cutting-jovon-robinson-loose

Malzahn takes control of Auburn future by cutting Jovon Robinson loose

Alex Scarborough
ESPN Staff Writer

When Auburn coach Gus Malzahn looked upon the disappointment of finishing 7-6 last season, he knew he had to change. No more being the CEO, he decided. The hands-off policy was thrown out the window. Malzahn would stick to what he knows best -- “I’m a football coach, not a CEO,” he said -- and in doing so he’d take back control of the program.

Well, this is what control looks like. It’s opening fall camp without your best offensive weapon after dismissing starting running back Jovon Robinson. It’s saying of Robinson, point blank: “We’re going to have zero distractions on this team this year.” Period.

Forget the messy situation at quarterback. Forget those young receivers. Forget that there’s talk of being on the hot seat. Malzahn looked at Robinson’s missed classes and meetings and had enough. His workhorse had to go.

According to ESPN’s Brett McMurphy, it was partly Robinson’s “continued inattention to detail” that cost him. If there isn't more to the story, that’s relatively small beans compared to some of the issues around the league that lead to suspensions, never mind outright dismissals. But it signals that Malzahn isn’t messing around. It sends a message to that locker room and the school's fan base that if Auburn is going to win again under Malzahn, it’s going to do it his way.

And vice versa: If Auburn is going to lose, then it’s not going to be like it was last year. We weren’t going to see a repeat of the Duke Williams situation, when he was given second, third and fourth chances to clean up his act. It was clear that Malzahn was fed up with the prodigious receiver last year, but he and the staff were continually swayed by Williams’ All-SEC ability. They needed him right up until five games into the season when they had to cut him loose.

Malzahn needed Robinson in the same way, maybe more, and now he’s gone. Now it’s up to Malzahn to figure out whether he has another featured back on the roster or whether a running back by committee is necessary.

Kerryon Johnson has some explosive ability, but durability is a concern. Big Kamryn Pettway was playing fullback less than a year ago, so there will be a learning curve. Former Baylor signee Kam Martin is certainly an option, but he’s young and undersized.

Make no mistake, though, none of them are Jovon Robinson at this point. He was going to be the player the offense was built around and now they’re back to square one with a month until they host Clemson, a likely top-five team.

But whatever direction Auburn goes from here, one thing is clear: Malzahn will be the one steering the ship, both hands firmly on the wheel.

Nothing, not even his own coaching livelihood, is distracting him from that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2016, 01:14:11 AM »
We good at RB
Roc Thomas leaves...welcome former Baylor 4* RB Kam Martin

Jovon Robinson gets kicked off the team (discipline and attendance issues)...welcome 4* Ath Stephen Davis Jr (6'3" 215lb)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 01:20:53 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2016, 05:51:44 AM »
I'm putting the Baylor transfer down for 1200 yards. On paper we should get 700 or so from the others. Add around 2500 passing yards from our elite group of QB's and we have all the makings for a championship run. What's more...we have Kerryon in the redzone. And if any of you can recall, only Gushlee can stop him. Somebody saddle my unicorn, I'm ready to ride.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2016, 08:39:22 AM »
You fucking up the rotation, jmar.  It's puff, puff, pass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2016, 10:26:54 AM »
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/college/sec/auburn-university/war-eagle-extra/article93899387.html

War Eagle Extra August 5, 2016 9:58 AM

Former Auburn running back Jovon Robinson dismissal was result of numerous summer discipline issues according to former coach

By Michael Niziolek
mniziolek@ledger-enquirer.com
AUBURN, Ala.  —

Former Auburn running back Jovon Robinson’s dismissal from the program was the culmination of numerous discipline issues through the team’s summer workouts.

Robinson’s former Georgia Military College coach Bert Williams said the situation with Robinson goes back to late May or early June. There was an incident with teammates that the GMC coach said made Auburn’s “staff unhappy.”

“It put him in a tenuous position early in the summer,” Williams said declining to get into specifics. Robinson was disciplined but given the opportunity to get back in good standing for fall camp.  “He had some things he had to do to get back in the good graces of the team’s leaders and coaches,” Williams said.  Robinson failed to meet those standards when in July there was what Williams described as a “final incident.”  “I do know he was a distraction,” Williams said. “I can’t speak to the level of distraction he was perceived to be by the coaches, but a head coach doesn’t remove someone, especially a difference-maker, lightly.”

The GMC coach’s account differs than the one Robinson told AL.com’s James Crepea on Thursday. He called himself 'stereotyped and disrespected” and said his dismissal was the result of an overreaction by the coaching staff related to last year’s issues with D’haquille Williams.

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn has declined to offer any details about what led to his decision when he announced the news Wednesday. He reiterated that position again on Thursday when asked if he had any response to Robinson’s comments. The university didn’t respond to multiple requests from the Ledger-Enquirer for comment Friday morning.

Williams wouldn’t speak to the report from ESPN that the specific issue for Robinson was missing practices and classes.  The coach did describe Robinson as an intelligent and capable student who had no academic issues during his time at GMC where the school has strict policies about academic attendance.   â€œWe are probably one of the more difficult junior colleges out there,” Williams said. “You have to be a cadet and that means you need to have a certain amount of discipline. If a student misses a class they are immediately punished. There’s a zero absence policy.”

Williams audibly sighed when asked what his reaction was when he heard the news.  “The biggest thing is disappointment,” Williams said from his office Friday. “Tough background or not, everyone has a choice. For any college football player that’s provided a scholarship at a high level you want for nothing period. No reason for a student-athlete to get in line with the regulations. Participation isn’t a right and I think that’s something every athlete needs to hear.”

Robinson had a tough road to Auburn off the field. His father Jeffery Robinson was killed by the Memphis Police Department in a botched drug raid. The family was awarded nearly $3 million by a federal jury.   He committed to Auburn coming out of high school, but an academic scandal at Wooddale — one of the school’s advisors altered Robinson’s grades — made him ineligible.   The running back’s two-year detour to GMC was a successful one. He was the 2013 NJCAA national player of the year with 2,387 yards and 34 touchdowns.

Robinson’s first year at Auburn had its fair share of challenges including an ankle injury in the season-opener against Louisville, but he worked to earn the trust of the coaching staff and was expected to carry the load for the Tigers’ offense this season.  “I think he's probably a little more conscientious now then when he was when he first got here,” Auburn running backs coach Tim Horton said this spring. “He understands, 'Hey, I've got to practice and prepare for this in order to perform.’ He's doing those things well now that he might not have done as much when he first got here.”

Williams was excited to hear the positive reports on Robinson coming out of Auburn’s spring camp.  “I was hopeful,” Williams said. “He had a strong offseason of spring drills as far as the work was concerned and responding to the coaching staff. Everything was in order. He was heading to an outstanding year.”

Williams hasn’t talked to Robinson since his former running back was dismissed from the team, but has worked to get a handle on what happen.  Once the news broke about Robinson’s dismissal, Williams has been bombarded with calls from Division II and NAIA teams looking to find out more about the former Auburn standout. “They want to know what is going on,” Williams said. “I had at least 100 calls from programs that want to get him in. I want to be able to be honest with them.”

Williams isn’t sure what Robinson’s next step is, but acknowledged the Memphis, Tennessee native has limited options.  “He either has to drop down or sit out and hope for an opportunity in the Canadian Football League or NFL,” Williams said. “It’s really a or b.”  Williams didn’t sugarcoat Robinson’s chances.  “It’s never just about talent,” Williams said. “Teams don’t want distractions. They don’t want problems, they want problem-solvers.”

Michael Niziolek: 334-332-8572, mniziolek@ledger-enquirer.com, @wareagleextra
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2016, 10:44:05 AM »
The GMC coach’s account differs than the one Robinson told AL.com’s James Crepea on Thursday.

WELL NO SHIT!!!....ya think.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2016, 11:57:47 AM »
Holding my breath for the al.commz retraction update.  Starting Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #92 on: August 05, 2016, 12:05:44 PM »
Will the streak continue?

Auburn's 1,000 yard rushers since 2009
2015: Peyton Barber
2014: Cameron Artis-Payne — 1,608 yards, 13 TDs
2013: Tre Mason — 1,835 yards, 23 TDs
2013: Nick Marshall — 1,068 yards, 12 TDs
2012: Tre Mason — 1,002 yards, 8 TDs
2011: Mike Dyer — 1,242 yards, 10 TDs
2010: Cam Newton — 1,473 yards, 20 TDs
2010: Mike Dyer — 1,093 yards, 5 TDs
2009: Ben Tate — 1,362 yards, 10 TDs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #93 on: August 05, 2016, 12:10:55 PM »
WELL NO SHIT!!!....ya think.

Well, it seems all the earth can report news one way but it is only al.cuminyercousinsear news that matters around here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #94 on: August 05, 2016, 12:14:59 PM »

I say yes.

There are plenty of capable backs on the roster, they simply lack experience. 

In fact, I'll call it: Pettway for the 1K.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2016, 12:21:02 PM »
I say yes.

There are plenty of capable backs on the roster, they simply lack experience. 

In fact, I'll call it: Pettway for the 1K.

You just like to rhyme.  I say Kerryon will carry on the tradition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2016, 01:10:36 PM »
We good at RB
Roc Thomas leaves...welcome former Baylor 4* RB Kam Martin

Jovon Robinson gets kicked off the team (discipline and attendance issues)...welcome 4* Ath Stephen Davis Jr (6'3" 215lb)

I will be surprised to see him much on the field at RB, although I should know that your skreetz are....well, anyway, we originally recruited him at safety I believe.

But, he has the blood line.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2016, 01:12:49 PM »

I would say not improbable but doubtful. I think we will be running back by committee. 

Then again though I wouldn't have said at this time last year that Barber gets 1000.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2016, 01:18:29 PM »
WTH...put me down for 1000 on Malik Miller
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2016, 02:07:16 PM »
Put me down for a ten spot on Davis Jr.  Gus will actually give him a chance to run the ball if hes running well at least in the first half
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions