Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jovon Robinson is R-U-N-N-O-F-T

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Jovon Robinson is R-U-N-N-O-F-T
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2016, 02:29:02 PM »
You fucking up the rotation, jmar.  It's puff, puff, pass.
This is why I voted for disciplinary action against him. He does way more puffing than passing, as evidenced by his recent post re: passing yards and unicorns.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2016, 02:32:05 PM »
Kerryon will be a 1000 yard rusher for us this year, if he stays healthy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2016, 02:42:58 PM »
ok, since you people are forcing the issue and I know damn well that you can't wait to hear what I think. Kam Pettway, or as us insiders call him--"Bubba", is your next 1k rusher, although it will be by committee.

And Carryon will get over 1k combined yardage.

Bubba gonna be a bruiser.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2016, 02:53:13 PM »
ok, since you people are forcing the issue and I know damn well that you can't wait to hear what I think. Kam Pettway, or as us insiders call him--"Bubba", is your next 1k rusher, although it will be by committee.

And Carryon will get over 1k combined yardage.

Bubba gonna be a bruiser.

I just hope he hits as well as the Pettway that played for coarch sabbin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2016, 03:32:14 PM »
Interesting take by a former coach.

Rick Neuheisel: 'I think Gus Malzahn is having an epiphany'

For the second year in a row, Auburn has booted a key offensive weapon in fall camp, but Gus Malzahn says things will be different this year, and Rick Neuheisel believes him.

Malzahn would only say starting running back Jovon Robinson didn’t meet standards. ESPN reported Robinson missed classes and meetings. That’s different than when Duke Williams was dismissed last year only after several off-field incidents. On his SiriusXM show Thursday, Neuheisel said Malzahn is realizing you can’t work around problems.

“I have no inside information. I’m just going to tell you my gut instinct as a former head coach at the Division I level,” Neuheisel opened. “Gus Malzahn is having an epiphany. He’s realizing as he’s gone on in his role at Auburn that despite the talent level of kids on your team, you have to have guys that are good teammates. You have to have guys that are comfortable. Otherwise, the team will fragment.

“… Gus is realizing, I can’t do that anymore. While it may have some negative repercussions in the short-term — who’s going to be their running back? — in the long-term, it’s great news for Auburn fans, that Gus Malzahn is not letting the tail wag the dog. He is taking charge.”

Malzahn, for his part, didn’t say much Wednesday night. He wouldn't disclose details and only said, "We're going to have zero distractions on this team this year. I've given him his release and we wish him the best."

Back in 2014, defensive back Jermaine Whitehead was suspended for four games after an altercation with former defensive backs coach Charlie Harbison. Duke Williams had been suspended multiple times before getting kicked off the team last year. Now, Malzahn isn’t putting up with that, even as he faces pressure after last year's 7-6 record.

“What you heard him say there, this year, I’m not doing this anymore,” Neuheisel said. “If I go down, I’m going down doing it my way. This year, we’re not having these kinds of distractions. I’m not having this. This is a loud and clear message to everybody on that football team that you’re going to do it our way or you’re out. I don’t care how good you are. He’s learned that over the years the hard way, and now he’s putting it to the test. I applaud him for it.”

Auburn opens the season with Clemson, Arkansas State, Texas A&M and LSU at home, so that’ll be put to the test quickly.

Once again this goes back to what Kaos had said Gus is learning on the job.  Which isn't bad but, can we wait for him to figure it all out?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2016, 03:41:41 PM »
Interesting take by a former coach.

Once again this goes back to what Kaos had said Gus is learning on the job.  Which isn't bad but, can we wait for him to figure it all out?

Which goes back to who we are.  Are we the "one bad year and you're gone" wanna be super power?  Or are we the "give coaches time to grow and develop over the years" Auburn? 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2016, 03:46:07 PM »
Which goes back to who we are.  Are we the "one bad year and you're gone" wanna be super power?  Or are we the "give coaches time to grow and develop over the years" Auburn?

Fame </= Stability.

I tend to lean towards stability. I mean is that not what most households strive for? That shit just does not happen overnight. It too is learning on the job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2016, 03:53:22 PM »
As a former slow ass walk on, it befuddles the mind that some of these kids have that level of talent and piss it away.

But I guess that is true in life.

I don't blame Malzhan.

As a fan, I am frustrated over this. JR was supposed to light it up this season. The way he ran in a crappy season gave me hope that when we are clicking, this guy could be the next Brent Fullwood. Frustrating!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2016, 05:13:37 PM »
This is why I voted for disciplinary action against him. He does way more puffing than passing, as evidenced by his recent post re: passing yards and unicorns.
I might sample some herb but you mofo's are on some new designer drugs with these thousand yard predictions from our limited depth chart or our skinny wildcat.
C'mon! We have a little talent with even less star power.
Am I pulling for them? Absolutely! Can we get it done? Sure, but it's unlikely at this juncture.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2016, 05:17:42 PM »
I might sample some herb but you mofo's are on some new designer drugs with these thousand yard predictions from our limited depth chart or our skinny wildcat.
C'mon! We have a little talent with even less star power.
Am I pulling for them? Absolutely! Can we get it done? Sure, but it's unlikely at this juncture.

I'd say if one guy establishes himself, as is usually the case with Malzahn's offenses, there's a real good shot.  The system is built for it and we are big time stout up the middle on the offensive line.  I've heard more than one "expert" say Kozan and Smith are the best guard tandem in the league. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2016, 05:21:40 PM »
I'd say if one guy establishes himself, as is usually the case with Malzahn's offenses, there's a real good shot.  The system is built for it and we are big time stout up the middle on the offensive line.  I've heard more than one "expert" say Kozan and Smith are the best guard tandem in the league.
I will buy this BUT, it will take some semblance of a passing game and a QB that can adequately run.

A healthy white boy is my pick as the starter vs Clemson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2016, 05:26:21 PM »
I will buy this BUT, it will take some semblance of a passing game and a QB that can adequately run.

A healthy white boy is my pick as the starter vs Clemson.

We did last year without either one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2016, 05:30:11 PM »
We did last year without either one.
I was meandering with thoughts re: what it will take to have a good season and not just a 1k rusher. Regardless, why don't you just shut up? Let me handle the football analysis. Idiot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2016, 05:34:51 PM »
I was meandering with thoughts re: what it will take to have a good season and not just a 1k rusher. Regardless, why don't you just shut up? Let me handle the football analysis. Idiot.

I have an extra spatula at the house if you need to get the egg off your face.

Prowler mic drop!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2016, 05:35:58 PM »
I have an extra spatula at the house if you need to get the egg off your face.

Prowler mic drop!
I know where the spatula at your house is but thanks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2016, 05:40:02 PM »
I know where the spatula at your house is but thanks.

toosh
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #116 on: August 06, 2016, 01:09:28 AM »
Just for the record?

I haven't given up.  I haven't packed it in.  i haven't thrown in the towel.  Okay, I might have at least stacked a few things up in preparation and found a properly weighted towel just right for hurling, but that's all.  Doesn't mean I can't see writing on the wall. No quarterback that even looks like he's SEC caliber -- and the last one we had was a converted DB who went through juco. So how come in essentially eight years of association with Auburn Gus Malzahn cannot recruit an SEC caliber QB?  Trotter, Moseley, Johnson, Pike, Burns, Frazier, Wallace, Franklin, White... anybody else?  Our top RB dismissed. A defense that hasn't looked like much of anything for almost a decade.  My expectations have changed.

I'm not quitting on Malzahn.  In case you haven't noticed, I've found good things to say about every coach all the way back to Bowden.  Doesn't mean I see big issues with his approach to things, trends that alarm me, a significant failure to understand the task. He can talk about going back to the chalkboard and coaching as opposed to being CEO.  He's WrrrrrrrrrrONG.  If he has to do the grunt work himself, then he lacks the ability to make quality hires.  A program at this level needs a CEO, one who imposes his vision on the program and makes sure that the people he puts in charge of things execute his plan exactly as he wants.  He doesn't need to call plays, but he needs to have the final say in critical situations.  If he wants to call plays and be "that" guy, he needs to be OC and let somebody else run the show.  If I'm doing an eval of my employees and they have authority over others and they're doing as much or more actual "work" than their subordinates?  I know they're fucking up.  I've had that type try to impress me with their own production and I just don't care.  I only care about the collective of their group.  I don't do any actual "work" any longer at all.  I just make sure that each of the departments I have are doing what they're supposed to do (and all the contracts, negotiations, etc. that have to be done).  Hell, I sleep until at least 5:30 most mornings now. 

I'm not saying Malzahn made the wrong decision on Robinson.  In today's climate, if he had an altercation with a woman as is being alleged? Yeah, he had to go. No question, no other choice.  Right call.  But it's troubling to have the top returning offensive threat one year be a complete clown fuck up and nearly break the team and the next year be a complete clown fuck up who got himself booted.  I know "it happens on every team" but it isn't usually the guy you're counting on to be THE weapon.  How hard would we laugh at Saban's monkey ass and how much glee would we take in the foundation cracks if he'd booted Derrick Henry last fall and bumbled around with a sulking Amari Cooper the year before?  Yeah, he had to kick Robinson to the curb, but the fact that he HAS to and for the second straight year is dealing with a major discipline issue with a major potential contributor..... well, it seems to me that something internally isn't being handled the right way. 

I'm not giving up hope. 

I just don't think I want to strive to be "them" any longer. 

« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 01:16:16 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2016, 09:13:04 PM »
:facepalm:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/auburn-rb-season-knee-injury/

Actually makes me feel better about the RB situation.  This wasn't a new injury and they're choosing to opt for surgery at this time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2016, 09:35:39 PM »
Actually makes me feel better about the RB situation.  This wasn't a new injury and they're choosing to opt for surgery at this time.
^^This. I don't think Davis was going to be in the rotation this year and was getting time there for depth purposes only. I still think he ends up at safety.

But, Simps post led me to this: http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/tre-mason-found-florida-2016/

This reporter really pushes the issue and looks like a total bitch, imo. I didn't know about Mason telling officers that he'd call the White House to get them fired or about him reportedly saying that he knew they trained al-Qaeda. He's got troubles. We've possibly seen the last of him in NFL but I hope he can get the help he needs. I'm thinking the spice may of got him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions