Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jovon Robinson is R-U-N-N-O-F-T

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Jovon Robinson is R-U-N-N-O-F-T
« on: August 03, 2016, 07:24:38 PM »
Per media reports, Gus sent him packing.

BREAKING: Gus Malzahn announces running back Jovon Robinson has been dismissed from Auburn. auburn.247sports.com

:facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
Re: Jovon Robinson is R-U-N-N-O-F-T
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 07:27:21 PM »
We're more fucked now thanks Gus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 07:29:51 PM »
We're more fucked now thanks Gus.

Depends on what went down.  If he was a cancer or shithead, then good riddance, imo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 07:31:30 PM »
Why don't someone just kick me in the nuts already?!

Teh suxxors!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 07:44:02 PM »
Depends on what went down.  If he was a cancer or shithead, then good riddance, imo.

Problem is, this is happening way too often. The buck stops with him ultimately. We go from 5 deep to ultra thin now in a matter of 12 months. Unfuckingreal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 07:46:38 PM »
Problem is, this is happening way too often. The buck stops with him ultimately. We go from 5 deep to ultra thin now in a matter of 12 months. Unfuckingreal.

Puts way too much pressure on the passing game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 07:52:16 PM »
Puts way too much pressure on the passing game.

Right. I'm not knee jerking calling for anyone's head but this is starting to become a pattern. I don't have to post the attrition numbers or players with issues or his record since the end of 2013. We all know these things. I just see patterns. Bad ones. And they are continuing.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:48:00 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 08:02:35 PM »
Sounds to me like another attitude issue a la Duke

"We are going to have zero distractions on the team this year," Malzahn said.

Oh well, I guess we will just have to Kerryon.  Might be another long year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 08:11:10 PM »
"We are going to have zero offense on the team this year,"  Malzahn said. "We will rely on our stellar defense to.... Uhhhh...well....have a pulse. Our plan is to give up less than 40 points per game.  This keep us within 40 points by the fourth quarter.  If we can get to the fourth quarter maybe we can just get it the fuck over with."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 09:02:51 PM »
And Roc Thomas just said, "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 09:16:25 PM »
Stephen Davis Jr. was getting some RB time today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 09:18:49 PM »
3 sophomores and 2 freshmen make up our running back depth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 09:25:05 PM »
Luckily we still got Roc Thomas and Peyton Barber. 
It will all be okay.
It's gonna all be okay.
It WILL be okay.
It's going to be alright.
Is it all gonna be alright?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 09:39:03 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 09:42:57 PM »
Luckily we still got Roc Thomas and Peyton Barber. 
It will all be okay.
It's gonna all be okay.
It WILL be okay.
It's going to be alright.
Is it all gonna be alright?
Were you smoking with Michael Dyer when Barber declared? This pisses me off though.  It is my last year to live in Auburn and we won't even have a full roster.  Is it next year the we're going to have 7-O lineman and 5-QBs on roster? Fuck Gus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 09:43:51 PM »
Is that Baylor transfer eligible for this season? 
Is Stephen Davis Jr. as good as his diddy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 09:47:58 PM »
Is that Baylor transfer eligible for this season? 
Is Stephen Davis Jr. as good as his diddy?

Yes and who knows.

I see Kamryn Pettway as the #2 now and the article I just read said he'd been working almost exclusively at RB throughout the spring and summer workouts.  Would like to see him drop 5-10 pounds during Fall camp and get under his listed 240 for a little extra pop.

We can still be in good shape if a QB steps up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2016, 11:06:30 PM »
Bunch of knee jerk, reacting, bleeding vaginas ITT, IYAM, IMO. 

We bitch about the D so we go recruit two lights out classes on that side of the ball and we recruit a guy that we once signed but had grade issues and we expect him to not be a cocky shithead after a record breaking season in JUCO.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

Want to talk about the attrition problem, should we go all the way back to the "I average 9 wins and if it wasn't for 04, 05, 06 and 07 I would have averaged 7 to 8 wins a season" coach that we all like to jack off too?  This has been a trend for a while.  Yeah we don't fucking cheat like bama does so we take some risk.  Sometimes it pans out, most times it will bite you in the ass. 

No one expected Barber to declare, we all said he was dumb for it but he had a kid and did anyways.  So glad that panned out for him and he was drafted high.  No one saw Rock transferring either but he fumbled as much as Mario Fanning because he couldn't quit hitting the X button and trying that spin move so his ass got benched.  Quit being a crybaby puss for not playing and learn how to hold on to the ball! So Jovon was a shithead, I'm sure no one saw that coming.  Again, we took a chance and it bit us in the ass.

Get your tampons out girls.  It's going to be a long season, Jovon or no Jovon.  If we still get shit tier OL, QB and WR play then we wouldn't win if we had damn Bo and Adrian Peterson in the backfield.  If you can't block up front then you are in deep shit and if you have a shit tier QB that can't pass or scramble long enought to make something happen, then you aren't going to win much. 

Breaking news!  AU will lose a few game this year no matter who plays. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2016, 09:20:29 AM »

You must have confused this with the al.com boards?  I agree with everything you said except the first line, I don't really see any one bitching or knee jerk reacting in this thread?!?

I'm not gonna pretend I'm not disappointed in the fact that we lost a guy whose potential from last year looked like he was going to make some waves in the SEC this year.  I'm not gonna pretend that his loss doesn't hurt us. 

However, I will remind everyone that this time last year Roc Thomas was the #1 back with Jovon as #2  and who was the man at RB last year? Only a guy named Peyton Barber.  So hopefully one of our other guys will step up and be that man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2016, 09:22:04 AM »

We bitch about the D so we go recruit two lights out classes on that side of the ball and we recruit a guy that we once signed but had grade issues and we expect him to not be a cocky shithead after a record breaking season in JUCO.  Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

Want to talk about the attrition problem, should we go all the way back to the "I average 9 wins and if it wasn't for 04, 05, 06 and 07 I would have averaged 7 to 8 wins a season" coach that we all like to jack off too?  This has been a trend for a while.  Yeah we don't fucking cheat like bama does so we take some risk.  Sometimes it pans out, most times it will bite you in the ass. 

No one expected Barber to declare, we all said he was dumb for it but he had a kid and did anyways.  So glad that panned out for him and he was drafted high.  No one saw Rock transferring either but he fumbled as much as Mario Fanning because he couldn't quit hitting the X button and trying that spin move so his ass got benched.  Quit being a crybaby puss for not playing and learn how to hold on to the ball! So Jovon was a shithead, I'm sure no one saw that coming.  Again, we took a chance and it bit us in the ass.

Get your tampons out girls.  It's going to be a long season, Jovon or no Jovon.  If we still get shit tier OL, QB and WR play then we wouldn't win if we had damn Bo and Adrian Peterson in the backfield.  If you can't block up front then you are in deep shit and if you have a shit tier QB that can't pass or scramble long enought to make something happen, then you aren't going to win much. 

Breaking news!  AU will lose a few game this year no matter who plays.

It's not about the short term. Or a season. It's the big picture trends. The same ones (but to a much larger degree) that we saw with chiz. And tot. You can't help but see patterns. Sorry but lsu doesn't handle shit like this. As dumb as their coach is he knows how to handle their business. The dysfunction has become too apparent. Regardless of wins or losses or season records. Jovon is just another in a trend.

And I believe I prefaced my last post with "not knee jerking or calling for anyone's head". People just see trends and have a bit of concern for the long term health of the program because of it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 09:23:37 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE