Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jovon Robinson is R-U-N-N-O-F-T

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Jovon Robinson is R-U-N-N-O-F-T
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2016, 12:18:53 PM »
My .02 plus some other spare change.

I disrespectfully disagree with this being a trend or pattern with Gus or that this happens because we’re taking chances on certain guys.  Take your eyes off Auburn and look around this league and around the college football landscape.  This is the norm, not the exception.  How many pot smokin’, stolen gun totin’, DUI gettin’, bitch slappin’ incidents can you name at Alabama within the last year alone?  Richt booted 4-5 a year and Smart has already sent some packing.  I saw McElweenie talking about his suspended top receiver yesterday.  Err’body getting’ raped up at Tennessee…and Vandy.  LSU players beatin’ the hell out of folks.  We’ve got a new RB from Baylor and one of their former QB’s looking at us after that program imploded.  This a minute sampling of crap that I can think of off the top of my balding dome. It’s the nature of the beast.  It’s the current environment of college football. 

As the D1 corch I talked to several weeks back said, “We aren’t dealing with the same type of kid anymore.  Despite what you want to believe, football is nowhere near the top of their priority lists.”  The bottom line is, are you winning or not?   That’s all that matters.  We all like to think our coaches are fine, upstanding people with the intentions of not only winning, but also building young men of character and class.  Maybe most of them are good people but that $3-5 Million Dollar contract and all those Ford commercial endorsements don’t have shit to do with building a team of community service minded, church going, helping little old ladies across the street individuals.  You win by overlooking and covering up as best you can, the transgressions of your best players and making damn sure that ass is on the field come Saturday.  Occasionally, some stuff is too egregious to deal with and you have to cut ties.  Otherwise, “We’re handling this internally”.

Two coaches are prime examples, Nick Saban and Mark Richt.  Like I said above, how many player shit storms has Saban dealt with at Bama?  Doesn’t matter if he covers stuff up.  Doesn’t matter if he “makes it go away”.  Doesn’t matter if he serves ice cream. Doesn’t matter if he’s a cock sucking asshole to the media.  He wins!  He’s a saint.  Richt is a good man. He kisses babies.  He probably tolerated far less and sent players packing much quicker.  Had he dealt with the problems like Saban has, he’d probably have two or more MNC’s to his credit.  But at the same time, despite probably more discipline issues than anyone else, he averaged right at 10 wins a season with 9 of his 15 at UGA being 10 win or more campaigns.  You can’t fire a guy for that.  He wins!!!  Yeah, eventually they did, but 15 season?

Malzahn’s “problems” are on the field, not off.  His personnel let him down last year and he relinquished too much control to boy wonder.  All indications are he’s taking it back and doing what he knows best.  If it works, great.  If not, they’ll find somebody else.  But I promise you one thing.  No matter who they get, they’ll still be dealing with the same kids.  The same issues everybody else deals with.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:21:03 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2016, 12:27:29 PM »
Didn't Gus recruit Robinson out of High School too? If so, he should've known his character before taking him back or taking Dyer back at ASU.  We still have the arrest of Cowart to deal with too.  Excuse making needs to stop because the program is a shit show at the moment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2016, 12:31:01 PM »
Didn't Gus recruit Robinson out of High School too? If so, he should've known his character before taking him back or taking Dyer back at ASU.  We still have the arrest of Cowart to deal with too.  Excuse making needs to stop because the program is a shit show at the moment.

Disagree.  You recruit the best players you can and hope to God they don't frick up too bad.  Like I said above, every team has a shit load of issues.  Did I mention MSU's 5* beating a woman on the ground?  He's going to miss the Southern Miss game.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2016, 12:38:10 PM »
Disagree.  You recruit the best players you can and hope to God they don't frick up too bad.  Like I said above, every team has a shit load of issues.  Did I mention MSU's 5* beating a woman on the ground?  He's going to miss the Southern Miss game.

I'm no fan of his but...

Tommy Tuberville. Shit wasn't an issue. Did things the right way. Got high character kids. Developed them. Same with richt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2016, 12:47:56 PM »
I'm no fan of his but...
 Same with richt.

???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2016, 12:51:16 PM »
So....Gus is the Great and Powerful Oz?  Or does he mean Jay in his second tweet?
Or is he just a dumbass that can't stay out of trouble and then wants to race bait?
Calling Gus a dumbass that can't stay out of trouble is going over the line, imo.
Since when has he race baited anyone? The man eats at Waffle House after some wins.

I will be looking for you at an x gate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2016, 12:56:22 PM »
I'm no fan of his but...

Tommy Tuberville. Shit wasn't an issue. Did things the right way. Got high character kids. Developed them. Same with richt.

lolwut?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2016, 12:59:27 PM »
I'm no fan of his but...

Talked about this last night with Jarhead (yes, while cuddling) game has changed bro, these aren't the same kids from 8 years ago and Tubs did have to throw kids off the team too.

I remember one such incident with one of our players cheap shotting a civilian in the back of the head in a parking lot somewhere.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 01:01:08 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2016, 01:03:20 PM »
My .02 plus some other spare change.

I disrespectfully disagree with this being a trend or pattern with Gus or that this happens because we’re taking chances on certain guys.  Take your eyes off Auburn and look around this league and around the college football landscape.  This is the norm, not the exception.  How many pot smokin’, stolen gun totin’, DUI gettin’, bitch slappin’ incidents can you name at Alabama within the last year alone?  Richt booted 4-5 a year and Smart has already sent some packing.  I saw McElweenie talking about his suspended top receiver yesterday.  Err’body getting’ raped up at Tennessee…and Vandy.  LSU players beatin’ the hell out of folks.  We’ve got a new RB from Baylor and one of their former QB’s looking at us after that program imploded.  This a minute sampling of crap that I can think of off the top of my balding dome. It’s the nature of the beast.  It’s the current environment of college football. 

As the D1 corch I talked to several weeks back said, “We aren’t dealing with the same type of kid anymore.  Despite what you want to believe, football is nowhere near the top of their priority lists.”  The bottom line is, are you winning or not?   That’s all that matters.  We all like to think our coaches are fine, upstanding people with the intentions of not only winning, but also building young men of character and class.  Maybe most of them are good people but that $3-5 Million Dollar contract and all those Ford commercial endorsements don’t have shit to do with building a team of community service minded, church going, helping little old ladies across the street individuals.  You win by overlooking and covering up as best you can, the transgressions of your best players and making damn sure that ass is on the field come Saturday.  Occasionally, some stuff is too egregious to deal with and you have to cut ties.  Otherwise, “We’re handling this internally”.

Two coaches are prime examples, Nick Saban and Mark Richt.  Like I said above, how many player shit storms has Saban dealt with at Bama?  Doesn’t matter if he covers stuff up.  Doesn’t matter if he “makes it go away”.  Doesn’t matter if he serves ice cream. Doesn’t matter if he’s a cock sucking asshole to the media.  He wins!  He’s a saint.  Richt is a good man. He kisses babies.  He probably tolerated far less and sent players packing much quicker.  Had he dealt with the problems like Saban has, he’d probably have two or more MNC’s to his credit.  But at the same time, despite probably more discipline issues than anyone else, he averaged right at 10 wins a season with 9 of his 15 at UGA being 10 win or more campaigns.  You can’t fire a guy for that.  He wins!!!  Yeah, eventually they did, but 15 season?

Malzahn’s “problems” are on the field, not off.  His personnel let him down last year and he relinquished too much control to boy wonder.  All indications are he’s taking it back and doing what he knows best.  If it works, great.  If not, they’ll find somebody else.  But I promise you one thing.  No matter who they get, they’ll still be dealing with the same kids.  The same issues everybody else deals with.

Damn you done spent your wad already this year.  You avg maybe 1-2 solid posts a year and you done already blown it. Season hasn't even started yet bro-tatorchip pace yourself.

:kimclap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2016, 01:18:27 PM »
lolwut?

Tell me where it isn't true.

Anyone on here knows I'm no fan of his. But the level of player dysfunction under him was so much lower than the last two we've had at the helm. Look at what Kirby has managed to do in 7 short months. They've had more issues in that span than their previous coach had in 3 years. People can say what they want about tubs or richt but they ran clean ships for the most part. Player development is another aspect. Seriously? Where is it now? It befuddles me we can't develop a qb.

On the field shit is usually a direct reflection of off the field shit.

Again I hope he turns it around. I do. But since the Aggie and or miss state game of '14, this team just hasn't been the same and has been on a downward slide.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 01:26:17 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2016, 01:21:41 PM »
???

Not sure why the ????

I'm saying they both ran clean programs even if without championships. The players they both turned out were good guys for the most part. Are we recruting thugs? Or are we developing thugs? Either way, is it an issue? And is Jovon totally off the mark when he says his dismissal is an overreaction since Gus got critiqued so badly for letting duke fester way too long?

I don't think it's wrong to ask these things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2016, 01:31:33 PM »
Not sure why the ????

I'm saying they both ran clean programs even if without championships. The players they both turned out were good guys for the most part. Are we recruting thugs? Or are we developing thugs? Either way, is it an issue? And is Jovon totally off the mark when he says his dismissal is an overreaction since Gus got critiqued so badly for letting duke fester way too long?

I don't think it's wrong to ask these things.

Richt has been awesome:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/college-football-arrests-2015/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2016, 01:32:21 PM »
Bottom line with me is that all of it will likely never all be made public. And it's hard to judge Gus on this. From what little rumors we've heard, Jovon had an attitude problem last year and wanted more pt.

I feel like Gus would give him every opportunity to stay with the team, so I have no problem with this. I certainly don't think that he would kick the likely top 2 RB off the team only to send a message to the others. Pretty sure he had reservations.

RE: Tubbs, I certainly don't think that he recruited any higher character players but I do think that he did a better job of developing. Part of this may be because he had a lot of the under the radar and lower star kids that he liked. And it mostly worked for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2016, 01:38:59 PM »
Flip side of the coin...

So what if what Jovon says is true, that is there are some big problems inside? Maybe I am reading this all wrong but it seems like Jovon is stating that someone outside the coaches have way too much say in whats going on. Also, the players see it and are having some issues with it. To be honest, this wouldnt be too far fetched considering everyones disdain for Jacobs. Just a thought but with Jovon making thestatement as/when he did seeking out the media makes him look like a butthurt player that didn't get his way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2016, 01:44:38 PM »
Flip side of the coin...

So what if what Jovon says is true, that is there are some big problems inside? Maybe I am reading this all wrong but it seems like Jovon is stating that someone outside the coaches have way too much say in whats going on. Also, the players see it and are having some issues with it. To be honest, this wouldnt be too far fetched considering everyones disdain for Jacobs. Just a thought but with Jovon making thestatement as/when he did seeking out the media makes him look like a butthurt player that didn't get his way.
Has anyone seen Tim Jackson lately?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2016, 01:47:48 PM »
I'm gonna go ahead and flex my insider e-penis here...
The truth is that he got screwed over out of high school by a few schools, the biggest being that cesspool right up the road.  He was soured by that experience in the first place.  Then, when he had a chance to sign again, those same folks started harassing him and he spent his year in JUCO not even trying very hard.  My source said that Gus had to be talked into going after him again because he saw that the attitude just wasn't there.  imnsho, this was a big mistake by Gus.  After the Duke Williams debacle, he wasn't going to take any chances, so he had him on a short leash in the first place.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2016, 01:48:33 PM »
Has anyone seen Tim Jackson lately?
I'm still waiting on him to send me my tickets for the BCS game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2016, 02:12:11 PM »
Tell me where it isn't true.

I'm no fan of his but...

^^^This part right here^^^

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2016, 02:18:03 PM »
Damn you done spent your wad already this year.  You avg maybe 1-2 solid posts a year and you done already blown it. Season hasn't even started yet bro-tatorchip pace yourself.

:kimclap:

I'm resting on my laurel...and hardy handshake.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2016, 02:36:13 PM »
he spent his year in JUCO not even trying very hard. 

GP 12
yds 2387
yds/g 198.9
td 34

Tuberville is an inapt comparison because he wasn't dealing with this caliber of player as often.  The prima donna attitude of some of the 4-5* players can be difficult to handle en masse, I'd assume.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 02:37:44 PM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.