Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Don't believe in media bias?

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Don't believe in media bias?
« on: June 24, 2016, 02:54:19 AM »
Let's take an objective look.  I'll count the number of negative Trump articles on the landing page of each of the major news sites and compare that to the number of negative Whorelary articles, noting that this is a particularly bad time for her with mountains of email evidence surfacing.  This is also a good time to bury election news given the English vote to leave Europe (and abandon Islam, hopefully).

USA Today:
Pro Hellary 2
Negative Trump 2
Negative Butchlary 0

Fox
Negative Trump 2
Negative Hillbillary 2

CNN
Pro-Shillary 2
Negative Trump 3
Negative Hitlery  0

MSNBC
Pro-Bitchlary 2
Negative Trump 4
Negative Slutlary 0

The total?

Articles either against Trump or for that foul bitch: 17
Articles negative toward that withered hag: 2 

Ridiculous.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 02:57:06 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Don't believe in media bias?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 08:32:18 AM »
I think we can all agree that each outlet skews towards its audience.

That said, it's entirely possible that Trump simply garners/deserves negative press for the mouth-breathingly stupid shit he says.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 08:40:00 AM »

That said, it's entirely possible that Trump simply garners/deserves negative press for the mouth-breathingly stupid shit he says.

Few of the articles were about anything he said. 

And besides, what you consider "mouth-breathingly stupid" may not, in fact, meet the standard for such a derogatory categorization.  Perhaps those who see his statements as such merely exist in a sheltered cocoon.  Maybe his "idiotic statements" resonate with people who feel the same way but aren't as unabashedly brazen about it. 

The "press" doesn't have the moral, ethical or educational high ground.  Some of the biggest fools I know are members of "the press"   They are passionately and ardently wrong on a daily basis.  They're the ones who won't fight, but make a living bitching about how those who do go about it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 09:12:32 AM »
Few of the articles were about anything he said. 

And besides, what you consider "mouth-breathingly stupid" may not, in fact, meet the standard for such a derogatory categorization.  Perhaps those who see his statements as such merely exist in a sheltered cocoon.  Maybe his "idiotic statements" resonate with people who feel the same way but aren't as unabashedly brazen about it. 

The "press" doesn't have the moral, ethical or educational high ground.  Some of the biggest fools I know are members of "the press"   They are passionately and ardently wrong on a daily basis.  They're the ones who won't fight, but make a living bitching about how those who do go about it.

I'm no great defender of the media.  Once they realized they could subsidize their financials with ad revenue, they lost most of their necessary objectivity.

Subtle insult ignored, but Trump says some horsefuck dumb things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 09:33:34 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 09:39:35 AM »

If you want to continue to post in this forum then you need to talk American.

I guess we need to build a wall around the x.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 09:47:33 AM »
I'm no great defender of the media.  Once they realized they could subsidize their financials with ad revenue, they lost most of their necessary objectivity.

Subtle insult ignored, but Trump says some horsefuck dumb things.

I don't think he says "horsefuck dumb things" any moreso than Clitlary does.  Media simply makes a bigger deal out of his.  Fallon, Kimmel, SNL all do parodies of the "horsefuck dumb things" while simultaneously trying to make that yammering shrew look intelligent.

No "subtle insult" intended.  I had to scratch and claw for what I've gotten out of life.  Choices I made helped create that situation.  My kids (well, not kids any longer) were protected from that and haven't had to endure the same struggles I did.  Their perspective is very different from mine.  Both would probably have voted for Bernie if he'd taken Clinton down (and if both were of age). 

Everybody's a product of their own experiences.  Before I bought the furniture store in the 1990s and got to see first-hand what those living on the government dime actually did with their lives I was fairly liberal when it came to social programs.  What I saw there hardened me.  Yeah, there are a few deserving people but 90% of the ones I encountered were beating the system in one way or another and deserved no sympathy or handouts.  It changed me.  Before I had kids, I was a lot more liberal on moral/ethical issues.  I'm a product of a different era, one that still holds on to the concepts of God and Country.  The flag isn't something to make socks, boxers, towels and sunglasses out of. It's a symbol of the greatness of this country. Etc. 

Among the many, many reasons I could never vote for Hillary is the fact that she does not speak to my own personal patriotism in any way whatsoever.  She (and Obama) care much more about what the world thinks than I do.  We are America, fuck them. 

Trump's bluster, his beliigerence, his "fuck you" attitude does resonate with me at a base level.  Sure he says dumb things. But my sense is that in his heart he does believe in the American Way.  That's more than enough for me when she's the opposite choice. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 09:48:59 AM »
If you want to continue to post in this forum then you need to talk American.

I guess we need to build a wall around the x.

Please do.  And make them pay for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 09:52:22 AM »
I don't think he says "horsefuck dumb things" any moreso than Clitlary does.  Media simply makes a bigger deal out of his.  Fallon, Kimmel, SNL all do parodies of the "horsefuck dumb things" while simultaneously trying to make that yammering shrew look intelligent.

No "subtle insult" intended.  I had to scratch and claw for what I've gotten out of life.  Choices I made helped create that situation.  My kids (well, not kids any longer) were protected from that and haven't had to endure the same struggles I did.  Their perspective is very different from mine.  Both would probably have voted for Bernie if he'd taken Clinton down (and if both were of age). 

Everybody's a product of their own experiences.  Before I bought the furniture store in the 1990s and got to see first-hand what those living on the government dime actually did with their lives I was fairly liberal when it came to social programs.  What I saw there hardened me.  Yeah, there are a few deserving people but 90% of the ones I encountered were beating the system in one way or another and deserved no sympathy or handouts.  It changed me.  Before I had kids, I was a lot more liberal on moral/ethical issues.  I'm a product of a different era, one that still holds on to the concepts of God and Country.  The flag isn't something to make socks, boxers, towels and sunglasses out of. It's a symbol of the greatness of this country. Etc. 

Among the many, many reasons I could never vote for Hillary is the fact that she does not speak to my own personal patriotism in any way whatsoever.  She (and Obama) care much more about what the world thinks than I do.  We are America, fuck them. 

Trump's bluster, his beliigerence, his "fuck you" attitude does resonate with me at a base level.  Sure he says dumb things. But my sense is that in his heart he does believe in the American Way.  That's more than enough for me when she's the opposite choice.
I just have to say that even as crusty and abrasive as you are, sometimes you go and post something like this and it makes me want to have your baby.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 09:53:30 AM »

Those raised on the teet may never get it...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 10:59:03 AM »

And Hillary deserves it for all the corrupt shit she's done the last 25 years. But it largely gets glossed over, ignored or simply "filed away" aka nothing to see here move on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 11:00:37 AM »
Don't worry. Trump hasn't even started in her yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 11:11:28 AM »
Please do.  And make them pay for it.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 11:16:09 AM »

Your responses are rarely relevant.  Congratulations on keeping that string intact with this one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 11:59:15 AM »
And Hillary deserves it for all the corrupt shit she's done the last 25 years. But it largely gets glossed over, ignored or simply "filed away" aka nothing new to see here move on.

News is current events, no?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 12:27:51 PM »
Your responses are rarely relevant.  Congratulations on keeping that string intact with this one.

Weak...as per the usual
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 12:29:49 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 01:25:02 PM »
Don't worry. Trump hasn't even started in her yet.
ISWYDT or whatever that crazy kids acronym is. You used "started in her" on purpose instead of "started on her".

What a vile and disgusting inference regarding our two presidential nominees.

Good job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 01:35:19 PM »

So how does an article titled "does the TelePrompTer make Donald trump sniff"  -- available now on CNN -- qualify when there is no mention of clintons email lies or the skullduggery involved there?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 01:49:37 PM »
So how does an article titled "does the TelePrompTer make Donald trump sniff"  -- available now on CNN -- qualify when there is no mention of clintons email lies or the skullduggery involved there?

They skew to their audience.  I'm sure you can find a more acceptable ratio of Trump to Hillary stories on any website that is geared toward the Trumpers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 02:35:19 PM »

True. But playing devils advocate one could say that most of trumps negatives are nothing new as well. Whether it be his divorce, business failures, brash opinions etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE