Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Don't believe in media bias?

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Don't believe in media bias?
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2016, 07:56:56 AM »
If the pound goes down, the British will not spend more money. Their money will be less valuable, so effectively, they'll have less of it.

He was saying if the UK's economy is down, more people will COME TO the UK and spend money there. He specifically brought up his golf course and said more people would come there if/when the UK economy tanks.

I guess I'm a smug asshole because I have to explain this basic, obvious principle of simple economics.

Regardless of the economics, if anyone you weren't blindly in the tank for reacted to a global economic crisis by talking about how his personal business would benefit from it, it wouldn't be so hard to see how that is a bad indicator for his priorities in world events. If Hillary did it, you'd be livid. Other world leaders took note of his reaction, whether you chose to or not.
I really think that what he is trying to say is that the pound going down may not end up being a catastrophic event as some are predicting, and the drop will be nearly negated by increase in volume.  His personal business is lumped in with the rest of them, so I'm not understanding how you think he's saying it will be a windfall for him if you're also saying it's a crisis for the other businesses.  They're all in the same boat.  I think he's saying they will all be OK.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2016, 09:36:21 AM »
I really think that what he is trying to say is that the pound going down may not end up being a catastrophic event as some are predicting, and the drop will be nearly negated by increase in volume.  His personal business is lumped in with the rest of them, so I'm not understanding how you think he's saying it will be a windfall for him if you're also saying it's a crisis for the other businesses.  They're all in the same boat.  I think he's saying they will all be OK.
I personally think the markets will eventually stabilize and the UK will be better off for the Brexit vote in the long-term.

The specifics of how the markets may or may not react is irrelevant and beside the point that Trump was quick to make it about how it would benefit his personal business in the UK, rather than, say the people of the UK or the people of America.

This wouldn't have been a hard concept for you to grasp 4 years ago, but Trump has made disturbingly unpresidential behavior "the new norm".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2016, 09:44:14 AM »
I personally think the markets will eventually stabilize and the UK will be better off for the Brexit vote in the long-term.

The specifics of how the markets may or may not react is irrelevant and beside the point that Trump was quick to make it about how it would benefit his personal business in the UK, rather than, say the people of the UK or the people of America.

This wouldn't have been a hard concept for you to grasp 4 years ago, but Trump has made disturbingly unpresidential behavior "the new norm".

I think you are right on the brexit.

It's also crazy when a country wanting to determine its own laws and future, and be sovereign seems to "create a global financial crisis" per the media lapdogs. Oh noesssss!!!! Tells me more about the media and the rest of the world than the Brits. And also the exact reason they want to leave!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2016, 09:47:54 AM »

Gonna make you blind.  Wait.... you already are. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2016, 09:49:51 AM »
I think you are right on the brexit.

It's also crazy when a country wanting to determine its own laws and future, and be sovereign seems to "create a global financial crisis" per the media lapdogs. Oh noesssss!!!! Tells me more about the media and the rest of the world than the Brits. And also the exact reason they want to leave!
We can go deep into Brexit if you want, I'm sure I agree with the majority. There's probably a more appropriate thread for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2016, 10:34:35 AM »
We can go deep into Brexit if you want, I'm sure I agree with the majority. There's probably a more appropriate thread for it.
Oh YES! Please start another thread and expleain Brexit to me! Oh PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!
Break it down for us so that we can understand.

You are the transgender!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2016, 10:36:58 AM »

Agree

In the end, it's the right move for them. They wanna be free. Sue em.

And no country leaving a "union" should put the entire world into a crisis. If it does, then we have bigger problems than the UK leaving a "union".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2016, 11:14:39 AM »

But he didn't. Your blind hatred is getting the best of you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2016, 08:46:10 AM »
Aw little fella. You should be happy.the pound is back up and that Hurts Trump.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2016, 01:29:32 PM »
Check USAToday today.

All Eyes on Tim Caine!!!

Fact Checking Trump.
Trump is mean to Cruz
David Duke gonna run for Senate
Watch Jon Stewart!

Fuck's sake. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2016, 08:24:09 AM »
Keep harping on USAToday (because I do the crossword as a means to get my brain working in the mornings). 

Today:

Tim Kaine is the right pick
Hillary's fantastic record of hiring and mentoring women
Why America is voting for Hillary (which includes profiles of cops and veterans)
Hillary's darn good campaign!
Meet Hillary's loyal supporters

The "why America loves Hillary" piece includes this lovely line:
They’re with her because they find Hillary Clinton so qualified and Donald Trump so … terrifying.

I want to punch every one of those brain dead morons who support her. Punch them in the throat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2016, 09:49:11 AM »
Comparing headlines again.  Always makes me laugh.  You know that angry, Jokerish, snarling laugh...

Fox:
What happens if Hillary quits?

USAToday:
Suburban surge to sink Trump's campaign

Neither of those things have a basis in reality. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2016, 09:57:49 AM »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/296521-cnn-edits-out-clinton-reference-to-nyc-explosion-as

Unreal. And then, knowing that the media will cover her, she criticizes Trump for using the word "bomb."  Fucking bitch.

I tried to watch a little bit of the Emmys last night, but had to turn it.  All those smug self-congratulatory bastards and their Hillary love was disgusting. 

Also saw Jimmy Fallon take a ton of unfair criticism for his interview with Trump.  Did anybody see Kimmel and Hillary yukking it up? 

Hillary's camp has the audacity to bitch about the media being unfair to her.  Really? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2016, 10:31:13 AM »
ERRHHH MAH GAAAAWD!!  Trump's son said little helpless Syrian orphans are skittles!!!1!

What an insensitive ASSHOLE!!  Children are not candy meant to be eaten!!!!

:facepalm:

I actually thought his allegory was appropriate and thought provoking. 

People are so damn stupid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2016, 11:04:41 AM »
ERRHHH MAH GAAAAWD!!  Trump's son said little helpless Syrian orphans are skittles!!!1!

What an insensitive ASSHOLE!!  Children are not candy meant to be eaten!!!!

:facepalm:

I actually thought his allegory was appropriate and thought provoking. 

People are so damn stupid.
He stole the concept from this feminist meme from two years ago.

Weird that everyone is outraged by exactly one of these metaphors.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2016, 01:45:29 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions