Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Michael Moore! I know. I know. Just listen to it!

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Michael Moore! I know. I know. Just listen to it!
« on: October 27, 2016, 04:17:30 PM »
OMG. I can't even believe I am posting something this moron said.
Not that I disagree with him, but this moron went to Cuba and touted government run healthcare. Is he on drugs now? And who in their right mind would show up anywhere to hear this guy speak. This might be the most bizarre thing I have seen this election cycle!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 04:42:05 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Michael Moore! I know. I know. Just listen to it!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 05:46:06 PM »
I have seen Moore speak on this subject and my bet would be that this isn't where the speech ends...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 02:00:36 PM »
I have seen Moore speak on this subject and my bet would be that this isn't where the speech ends...

I find it hilarious that people don't realize that. I'm not sure who's being trolled more, the Republicans who think Moore's taking their side and share the clip with "I can't believe I'm saying this, but Michael Moore is spot on here!" OR Moore himself for having this clip from his latest documentary Trumpland taken completely out of context and thus resonating with pro-Trumpers and emboldening them probably more than his little documentary swayed anyone in the direction he intended.

Win/win either way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 02:04:54 PM »
The fact that he said it at all was astounding.

You can take a few words out of context, but he had whole 4 minutes or more taken out of context?
I didn't figure he felt this way truly, but I never would have even believed he would state any of it, even as preface for another agenda.

I still can't figure out how he gets sane people to come listen to him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 02:22:20 PM »
The fact that he said it at all was astounding.

You can take a few words out of context, but he had whole 4 minutes or more taken out of context?
I didn't figure he felt this way truly, but I never would have even believed he would state any of it, even as preface for another agenda.

I still can't figure out how he gets sane people to come listen to him.
It's a four minute clip from his feature length documentary about going into "Trumpland", rural areas where Trump polls well. That's the part where he "levels with them" saying "look, I get what you're thinking, BUT" and of course cuts off right before the BUT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions