Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Don't believe in media bias?

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Don't believe in media bias?
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2016, 02:40:04 PM »
True. But playing devils advocate one could say that most of trumps negatives are nothing new as well. Whether it be his divorce, business failures, brash opinions etc.

True.  But on a day-to-day basis, the volume of his new fuckups keeps him in the cycle moreso than Hillary's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2016, 02:45:05 PM »
True.  But on a day-to-day basis, the volume of his new fuckups keeps him in the cycle moreso than Hillary's.

She has better and bigger tarps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2016, 02:58:44 PM »
She has better and bigger tarps.

He's the more entertaining foil.  They seize on a gaffe, he lambasts them, everybody wins.

Clinton is more circumspect, providing less ammunition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 03:22:25 PM »
He's the more entertaining foil.  They seize on a gaffe, he lambasts them, everybody wins.

Clinton is more circumspect, providing less ammunition.

Ratings perhaps? Love him or hate him, he draws a crowd. She is rather boring by comparison - all of the politics aside.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 03:34:03 PM »
Example: Trump's reaction to Brexit is that it's good a thing that it will hurt the UK economy and the British pound because it will help his golf course in Scotland because more people can afford to go to it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/06/24/in-scotland-trump-celebrates-brexit-vote/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2016, 03:37:55 PM »
Ratings perhaps? Love him or hate him, he draws a crowd. She is rather boring by comparison - all of the politics aside.

Exactly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2016, 06:16:20 PM »
Example: Trump's reaction to Brexit is that it's good a thing that it will hurt the UK economy and the British pound because it will help his golf course in Scotland because more people can afford to go to it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/06/24/in-scotland-trump-celebrates-brexit-vote/

^^^^
Misconstrued, opinionated, predjudical bullshit from an anti-Trump news rag.  It began from a predetermined point of view and backfilled as opposed to providing even a semblance of objectivity. 

And I even read some of this one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 08:57:18 AM »

And this is an example of the media bias.
HEADLINE
Trump celebrates Brexit vote: ‘When the pound goes down, more people are coming to Turnberry.’

Although he said that in the AFTERNOON press conference not the morning press conference. I didn't see it, but I would imagine someone asked how it would affect his golf course. I didn't see him say the pound going down was a good thing you you said he did.

This plays into what OP is saying. Read the above story and then this from Fox News:

Donald Trump cast Britain’s decision to leave the European Union as a revolt against unfettered immigration into the West, as Thursday's vote emboldened both the billionaire’s anti-establishment bid for president and other break-away efforts across Europe.

From the Netherlands to France, political parties opposed to high immigration levels were demanding their own referendums on E.U. membership in the wake of the decision.

“We should have a referendum about a 'Nexit' as soon as possible,” Dutch politician Geert Wilders told Reuters, in reference to a proposed Netherlands exit.

France’s right-wing National Front party leader Marine Le Pen made a similar appeal on Twitter, while circulating a petition for France to vote on following the U.K. out the European Union door.

Both leaders, like Trump, have built a political brand railing against open border policies. After the “Brexit” vote, Trump claimed those sentiments were gaining steam on both sides of the Atlantic and even suggested the break-up of the European Union may loom.

“It looks like it's on it's way. We'll see what happens,” he said, speaking during a previously scheduled – but well-timed – visit to his golf resorts in Scotland.

Trump, unlike President Obama, backed the push for Britain to leave the union. On Friday, he pointed to frustration over policies “where people just flow across the border like Swiss cheese.”

“I think a lot of it's borders, I think a lot of it is immigration,” he said.

He acknowledged trade deals and a desire for greater independence also played a role. Whether anti-immigration sentiment runs so deep as to portend a wave of similar referendums – and greater support in America for Trump than the polls currently reflect – remains to be seen. But Trump hammered the narrative Friday that the Britain result was a sign of the anger pulsing through the Western electorate.

"They're angry over borders, they're angry over people coming into the country and taking over, nobody even knows who they are," Trump said.

For her part, presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton suggested the vote should strengthen her appeal in the U.S.

“This time of uncertainty only underscores the need for calm, steady, experienced leadership in the White House to protect Americans' pocketbooks and livelihoods, to support our friends and allies, to stand up to our adversaries, and to defend our interests,” she said in a statement. “It also underscores the need for us to pull together to solve our challenges as a country, not tear each other down."

Obama and other U.S. officials tried to give assurances that the U.S.-U.K. alliance would endure amid the global and financial turmoil wrought by the vote.

"The people of the United Kingdom have spoken, and we respect their decision," Obama said in a written statement. "... The United Kingdom and the European Union will remain indispensable partners of the United States even as they begin negotiating their ongoing relationship."

Obama later said during remarks at a Palo Alto, Calif., summit that he has spoken with British Prime Minister David Cameron. Based on that call, he said, “I’m confident that the U.K. is committed to an orderly transition out of the E.U.” 

While Obama and others in Washington openly joined Cameron – who now plans to resign – in opposing a “Brexit,” their voices were snubbed at the polls Thursday.

Vice President Biden, in Ireland, acknowledged the administration had looked for “a different outcome,” but stressed that the U.S. has a “longstanding friendship with the U.K.” and will respect the vote. He said that bond “runs deep and will endure.”

House Speaker Paul Ryan had a similar message.

“I respect the decision made by the people of the United Kingdom. The U.K. is an indispensable ally of the United States, and that special relationship is unaffected by this vote,” he said in a statement.

Still, the outcome in Britain potentially sets up a domino effect of similar votes across Europe – testing the cohesion of the Western alliance.

Anti-immigration parties in Sweden and Denmark also are stepping up their push for reconsidering E.U. membership. And while some congressional voices in Washington are treading carefully in the wake of the U.K. vote, others are joining Trump in touting the outcome as a sign of the times.

Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., a Trump supporter and one of the most outspoken critics of U.S. immigration policy, hailed the referendum and said in a statement, “Brexit is a warning for America.”

“Too many politicians and pundits here in America have been woefully oblivious to, or in some cases complicit in, what is going on around us,” he said. “The failed European Union experiment, and Great Britain’s rejection of it, must serve as a wake-up call for all of us in America.” 
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 08:59:33 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2016, 12:24:39 PM »
HEADLINE
Although he said that in the AFTERNOON press conference not the morning press conference. I didn't see it, but I would imagine someone asked how it would affect his golf course. I didn't see him say the pound going down was a good thing you you said he did.

This plays into what OP is saying. Read the above story and then this from Fox News:

That's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. 

Take a statement without the circumstances and then spin an entire web of misguided nonsense around it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2016, 02:27:39 PM »
If you want to continue to post in this forum then you need to talk American.

I guess we need to build a wall around the x.
Please do.  And make them pay for it.
Make the X great again!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2016, 10:05:21 AM »
HEADLINE

This is just simply not true.

The link I posted contained video that showed the quote in context.

No reporter asked him how it would affect his golf course. He offered it himself. And he absolutely said the pound going down was good for Turnberry. Meaning, good for him personally.

Try watching it yourself before correcting the Washington Post on what "probably happened".

Here is the full thing from start to finish. About 90% of it is publicity for his golf course.

17:10 is where a reporter asks his opinion on Brexit. 19:30 is where one ask him his thoughts on the markets "tanking today". His response:

"Look if the pound goes down, they're gonna do more business. You know, when the pound goes down, more people are gonna come to Turnberry, frankly, and the pound has gone down, and let's see what the impact of that is."
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 11:27:54 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2016, 11:30:42 AM »
THIS is the "bias".

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/26/us/politics/donald-trump-brexit.html?_r=0&referer=

Trump Packs His Blunt Phrase Book Abroad
By MAGGIE HABERMANJUNE 25, 2016

When Mitt Romney traveled to Europe as a presidential candidate in 2012, he created an uproar when he wondered aloud whether London was sufficiently prepared to host the Summer Olympics. British tabloids derided him as “Mitt the Twit” and CNN declared: “Romney’s Trip Begins in Shambles.’’

When Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey went on a trade mission to Britain, he was roundly criticized for an errant comment about vaccinations amid a measles outbreak back home. “A Vaccine for Gaffes? Chris Christie Needs It” was the headline in Commentary.

Those moments seem quaint when compared with Donald J. Trump’s news conference in Turnberry, Scotland, a day after Britain voted to leave the European Union. Over the course of 40 minutes, the presumptive Republican presidential nominee made pronouncements, predictions and asides that would have set off serious backlash for almost any other candidate.

But Mr. Trump seems to be graded on a different curve. Here are some of his more provocative remarks:

He defended Vladimir Putin.

A reporter asked Mr. Trump about the suggestion from some pundits that both he and the Russian president, Vladimir V. Putin, would be the biggest political beneficiaries of the “Brexit” vote. Mr. Trump agreed that Mr. Putin could gain, and could not resist pointing out that Mr. Putin has been kind to him.

“I think he will be probably, because I know how he’s been scorned to a certain extent,” Mr. Trump said, adding later: “He said some very nice things about me. I think he probably is somewhat of a beneficiary.”

He mocked President Obama.

Traditionally, candidates for national office in the United States refrain from insulting their own leaders when they’re traveling overseas. But Mr. Trump, who has bucked almost every other tradition, made no exception for this one.

“He’s constantly dictating to the world what they should do. The world doesn’t listen to him obviously,” Mr. Trump said of Mr. Obama, who was against Britain leaving the European Union. “He’s embarrassed.”

He mocked his opponent.

Candidates also historically do not engage in politics about their own races when traveling abroad. Yet Mr. Trump described Hillary Clinton as a puppet for Mr. Obama, pointing to her support for Britain remaining in the European Union.

“She’s always misread everything,” Mr. Trump said. “If he said leave, she would have said leave. She does whatever he wants her to do. You know why, but that’s O.K.”

He bluntly declared he could make money from any economic downturn caused by the “Brexit” vote.

Politicians are wary of sounding as if they’re cheering for bad economic news, something that voters tend to respond poorly to. But Mr. Trump said that the diminished pound, which nose-dived in value after the referendum vote, could benefit his bottom line at Trump Turnberry, his luxury resort and gold course.

“When the pound goes down, more people are coming to Turnberry, frankly,” Mr. Trump said.

He said he hadn’t talked to his policy advisers at length since the vote.

“I’ve been in touch with them but there’s nothing to talk about,” Mr. Trump said. Besides, he added, he would rather have advisers who are divorced from recent global events.

“I think I want to use ones that haven’t been involved, take a look at what’s happened in the world,” Mr. Trump said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2016, 11:34:55 AM »
THIS is the "bias".

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/26/us/politics/donald-trump-brexit.html?_r=0&referer=
Related:

Ignore the video entirely and reply "LOL DIDN'T WATCH! DIFFERENT OPINIONS FROM MINE ARE WORTHLESS LIES!!!"

Or maybe actually watch it and try to refute the point he makes here. Give it a shot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2016, 11:59:55 AM »
Related:

Ignore the video entirely and reply "LOL DIDN'T WATCH! DIFFERENT OPINIONS FROM MINE ARE WORTHLESS LIES!!!"

Or maybe actually watch it and try to refute the point he makes here. Give it a shot.

Bill Mahr is an arrogant fuckhole.  Never agreed with a damn thing he's ever said.  Not going to waste any of my life listening to any more of his fuckdippery.  Fuck him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2016, 12:03:42 PM »
Bill Mahr is an arrogant fuckhole.  Never agreed with a damn thing he's ever said.  Not going to waste any of my life listening to any more of his fuckdippery.  Fuck him.
How could I have ever predicted that would be your response.

That you think you have to agree with everything anyone has ever said before you even begin to acknowledge their arguments says a lot about how you ended up in the fact-free bubble you reside in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2016, 12:24:55 PM »
How could I have ever predicted that would be your response.

That you think you have to agree with everything anyone has ever said before you even begin to acknowledge their arguments says a lot about how you ended up in the fact-free bubble you reside in.

I don't agree with ANYTHING I've ever heard him say.  Or with the way he says it.  He's a fucking clown.  You listen to him if you want.  I'd rather not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2016, 01:12:39 PM »
I don't agree with ANYTHING I've ever heard him say.  Or with the way he says it.  He's a fucking clown.  You listen to him if you want.  I'd rather not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2016, 08:23:35 PM »
17:10 is where a reporter asks his opinion on Brexit. 19:30 is where one ask him his thoughts on the markets "tanking today". His response:

"Look if the pound goes down, they're gonna do more business. You know, when the pound goes down, more people are gonna come to Turnberry, frankly, and the pound has gone down, and let's see what the impact of that is."

I watched the part about the pound. I still stand by my statement. You are so full of hate all you see is red when Trump talks.

But even then, how the bloody hell can you hear him say:

And turn it in to:

He said if the pound goes down, they will spend more money. That's it. Those are the FACTS as you like to say. Everything else of whatever it is you interpret is your opinion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2016, 09:15:45 PM »
I watched the part about the pound. I still stand by my statement. You are so full of hate all you see is red when Trump talks.

But even then, how the bloody hell can you hear him say:
And turn it in to:
 He said if the pound goes down, they will spend more money. That's it. Those are the FACTS as you like to say. Everything else of whatever it is you interpret is your opinion.
If the pound goes down, the British will not spend more money. Their money will be less valuable, so effectively, they'll have less of it.

He was saying if the UK's economy is down, more people will COME TO the UK and spend money there. He specifically brought up his golf course and said more people would come there if/when the UK economy tanks.

I guess I'm a smug asshole because I have to explain this basic, obvious principle of simple economics.

Regardless of the economics, if anyone you weren't blindly in the tank for reacted to a global economic crisis by talking about how his personal business would benefit from it, it wouldn't be so hard to see how that is a bad indicator for his priorities in world events. If Hillary did it, you'd be livid. Other world leaders took note of his reaction, whether you chose to or not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2016, 11:31:43 PM »
If the pound goes down, the British will not spend more money. Their money will be less valuable, so effectively, they'll have less of it.

He was saying if the UK's economy is down, more people will COME TO the UK and spend money there. He specifically brought up his golf course and said more people would come there if/when the UK economy tanks.

I guess I'm a smug asshole because I have to explain this basic, obvious principle of simple economics.

Regardless of the economics, if anyone you weren't blindly in the tank for reacted to a global economic crisis by talking about how his personal business would benefit from it, it wouldn't be so hard to see how that is a bad indicator for his priorities in world events. If Hillary did it, you'd be livid. Other world leaders took note of his reaction, whether you chose to or not.

Fuck other world leaders.  They can eat my red, white and blue boxers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions