Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Move over Gary Johnson...

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Move over Gary Johnson...
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2016, 10:01:23 AM »
Question.  Why do you think she'll win?  And by a landslide at that? As I said, I think we're in the dumper either way.  Yesterday, both Trump and Cruz got more votes than either Democratic candidate. Hillary got punked by Obama last election and she still can't put a wrinkled, old schlep like Bernie away.  She's got way more than enough baggage to turn people away in the general election. Many people simply don't like Trump.  But she's got an actual record of lies and failures to point to.  And...Trump supporters are nothing if not passionate.     
Complete idiots and racists, unfortunately, make up a large enough portion of the Republican party to win him the nomination.

Complete idiots and racists, fortunately, do not make up a large enough portion of the country as a whole.

It's not going to be close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2016, 10:03:17 AM »

So these pictures are from California, Arizona and New York. But you think Trump supporters are the problem?

I don't see any threats to murder anyone in your pics.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2016, 10:03:44 AM »
Complete idiots and racists, unfortunately, make up a large enough portion of the Republican party to win him the nomination.

Complete idiots and racists, fortunately, do not make up a large enough portion of the country as a whole.

And before anyone jumps in on the racist thing...

I'm aware you don't have to be racist to vote for Trump, and I don't think the man himself is racist.

But he caters to them and manipulates him.

Do a twitter search for #WhiteGenocide or "miscegenation" or any other racist slur on Twitter and watch the Trump 2016 avatars roll in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2016, 10:22:02 AM »
, somehow it's become cool on the GOP side to demonize Reagan in a condescending tone like cct has.

Delusional.

Nobody has "demonized" Reagan.
What we find ridiculous is the fact that some of you are willing to allow hitlary in the white house because you think another Reagan will come from it.

That's like killing yourself as the comet passes...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Ogre

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2016, 10:30:52 AM »
Question.  Why do you think she'll win?  And by a landslide at that? As I said, I think we're in the dumper either way.  Yesterday, both Trump and Cruz got more votes than either Democratic candidate. Hillary got punked by Obama last election and she still can't put a wrinkled, old schlep like Bernie away.  She's got way more than enough baggage to turn people away in the general election. Many people simply don't like Trump.  But she's got an actual record of lies and failures to point to.  And...Trump supporters are nothing if not passionate.     

Yesterday's RCP poll average showed Hillary leading Donald by 6 points (46 - 40). 

There is a group called Morning Consult that has the electoral college splitting like this if the election were today:

Here's how they came to this conclusion:
The analysts at Morning Consult used data they had collected from national surveys since January and a statistical technique called multilevel regression and poststratification (MRP) to estimate which candidate would win each state in a hypothetical election. MRP is a way of using data at a larger geographic level — like the national level — to estimate opinion at a smaller geographic level — in this case, the states. Instead of relying solely on how people say they will vote in the survey, MRP incorporates information about the respondents and the states they live in that’s known to predict vote choice. Morning Consult used respondents’ education, gender and age, plus state-level economic information and outcomes from the 2012 Presidential election.

Of course the election is not today, and a lot can happen in the next 6 months.  Who knows, Hillary may be indicted?  There are a ton of different scenarios in play. 

At the end of the day Trump will have to pull off a massive unification project in order to sniff a chance at the electorate.  His followers don't help his cause (see Chizad's aforementioned twitter searches as Exhibit A).  With the staunch #NeverTrump coalition in opposition to his campaign he's facing an uphill battle.  To replace their support he'll be forced to move more to the left to try to sway moderate independents and blue dog democrats.

I'm not saying he can't win, just that I see it as a long shot.  However, crazy things have already happened this election cycle and I don't put anything past our citizenry at this point. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2016, 10:32:14 AM »
A counter to your bullshit about Trump supporters being the rational voices of reason despite all the bullying they're receiving.  One is all it takes.

In your mind. 

I said for the most part.  "most"   This is the height of a bammer argument. It's BG03 personified.  We show you Harvey, the teabagger, top rope momma, Trent's rentals, Julio's boat, Fluker's check, TTown Tom, a coach fired for selling marijuana, two coaches paying players and the four thugs who beat up students and you go:

Yeah but Cam Newton took $180,000.  So it's exactly the same. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2016, 10:41:33 AM »
Yesterday's RCP poll average showed Hillary leading Donald by 6 points (46 - 40). 

There is a group called Morning Consult that has the electoral college splitting like this if the election were today:

Here's how they came to this conclusion:
Of course the election is not today, and a lot can happen in the next 6 months.  Who knows, Hillary may be indicted?  There are a ton of different scenarios in play. 

At the end of the day Trump will have to pull off a massive unification project in order to sniff a chance at the electorate.  His followers don't help his cause (see Chizad's aforementioned twitter searches as Exhibit A).  With the staunch #NeverTrump coalition in opposition to his campaign he's facing an uphill battle.  To replace their support he'll be forced to move more to the left to try to sway moderate independents and blue dog democrats.

I'm not saying he can't win, just that I see it as a long shot.  However, crazy things have already happened this election cycle and I don't put anything past our citizenry at this point.
GET YOUR FAGGOT ASSED STATISTICS AND BETA MALE FACTS AND COMMUNIST MATH THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!! WE SPEAK AMERICAN ROUND HERE FAGGOT ROLL TIDE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2016, 10:45:26 AM »

This is one of the most offensive things I've ever seen posted on here. 

"complete idiots and racists." 

Pathetic, C.  I'm sorry you're pissed, but that's just pathetic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2016, 10:51:32 AM »
He started last night in his speech. He called them out specifically as saying those jobs aren't going anywhere.

Well that's a good smart start. He needs to pound on that. Penn would be a huge win.

Trying to put on my best objective campaign analysis hat at this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2016, 10:52:17 AM »
This is one of the most offensive things I've ever seen posted on here. 

"complete idiots and racists." 

Pathetic, C.  I'm sorry you're pissed, but that's just pathetic.
Truth hurts.

I didn't say you are either of those things, although...keep digging.

Although, completely missing my point may put you in the former camp.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2016, 10:59:04 AM »
GET YOUR FAGGOT ASSED STATISTICS AND BETA MALE FACTS AND COMMUNIST MATH THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!!! WE SPEAK AMERICAN ROUND HERE FAGGOT ROLL TIDE!

Dude...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2016, 10:59:32 AM »
Well that's a good smart start. He needs to pound on that. Penn would be a huge win.

Trying to put on my best objective campaign analysis hat at this point.

Glad someone is...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2016, 10:59:44 AM »
Delusional.

Nobody has "demonized" Reagan.
What we find ridiculous is the fact that some of you are willing to allow hitlary in the white house because you think another Reagan will come from it.

That's like killing yourself as the comet passes...

No one is delusional. And no one is allowing Hillary. These choices are not my doing. If this country had any sense at all as far as pragmatism goes then the two candidates would have been Scott Walker/Marco Rubio and Jim Webb/Lincoln Chaffee. I didn't ask for this choice. And I'm not voting for Hillary. If she gets it then blame everyone who voted for her crooked flawed ass.

Putting on my objective hat, I think trump can win. He can. Right now it's an up hill battle. It will be interesting to see his pivot to the general. And to see if the real Donald was from the primary. Or if the real Donald is yet to come. Will he become more pragmatic? And was he just doing much of the name calling and shenanigans to get the nomination? All plausible questions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2016, 11:03:13 AM »
Glad someone is...

I think people just need to simmer for a few days. I've seen a lot of people wanting to jump off a cliff today. People that weren't even Cruz or kasich fans. Just because Cruz dropping assures the Donald if for no other reason. But I'm not gonna do that. Going to sit back and watch. Even do some analysis and research. Just making the best of it. Whatever way that is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2016, 11:04:34 AM »
Truth hurts.

I didn't say you are either of those things, although...keep digging.

Although, completely missing my point may put you in the former camp.

Kaos is right. You sit on your high horse and look down at anyone who supports Trump. You cannot even tell that you are an elitist.

Like many of us have said from the beginning, if Cruz wins, we vote Cruz. If Trump wins, we vote Trump. It's just that most of us recognized the Trump phenomenon and started to find the positives.

The rest of you sound butthurt, to be honest.

When hitlary is hands down the enemy, you keep attacking the good side. Go ahead, vote for Perot. Some of us have already been there, done that.  I guess you need to learn the same lesson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2016, 11:06:29 AM »
Kaos is right. You sit on your high horse and look down at anyone who supports Trump. You cannot even tell that you are an elitist.

Like many of us have said from the beginning, if Cruz wins, we vote Cruz. If Trump wins, we vote Trump. It's just that most of us recognized the Trump phenomenon and started to find the positives.

When hitlary is hands down the enemy, you keep attacking the good side. Go ahead, vote for Perot. Some of us have already been there, done that.  I guess you need to learn the same lesson.

Hey hey now. I've played nice today. I can disagree and play nice. Recognize.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2016, 11:10:21 AM »
Dude...
Dude...

I just said it before they had a chance to. That's pretty close to exactly what they have said any time these facts and statistics are brought up.

I'm not laughing WITH them...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2016, 11:13:11 AM »

Explain how this is not "JUST WHAT THE GOP WANTS", and how not voting for Biff from Back to the Future Part II is "playing into their hands".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2016, 11:21:27 AM »
It will be interesting to see his pivot to the general. And to see if the real Donald was from the primary. Or if the real Donald is yet to come. Will he become more pragmatic? And was he just doing much of the name calling and shenanigans to get the nomination? All plausible questions.

This is what many people are expecting. A change to concentrate on one foe. And truthfully, hitlary should be beatable. She is very unlikable. Trump is still an unknown to many. There are many great stories coming out daily, but all anyone has been exposed to so far is the bluster. I think a lot of that is by design for the primaries.

We shall see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2016, 11:24:32 AM »
This is what many people are expecting. A change to concentrate on one foe. And truthfully, hitlary should be beatable. She is very unlikable. Trump is still an unknown to many. There are many great stories coming out daily, but all anyone has been exposed to so far is the bluster. I think a lot of that is by design for the primaries.

We shall see.

It's the nature of a primary. They are nasty. And honestly it's a lot of what smoked Romney in 2012.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE