Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Rumor mill swirling

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Rumor mill swirling
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2016, 05:41:25 PM »
Are you seriously trying to purport that any of those guys were better recruiters than DCraig, Mushchamp, T-Rob, Lance Thompson, and maybe even Grimes?

You've lost your damn mind.
Are you seriously blind? In case you are, Auburn landed the #1 DL class in this recruiting cycle, without Coach Muschamp, T-Rob or Coach Thompson...thanks to Coach Gardner.

#MicDrop

#PickedTheMicBackUp

Coach Steele is a pretty good recruiter too (he knows how to move money around, just like Coach Thompson does...hint, they worked under Sabbin).

I would put Coach Craig above all the coaches on the staff, recruiting wise (not to impressed with his WR group though, I still feel he would make a better QB Coach)

Coach Gardner & Craig (those two are top tier recruiters, Craig a little more so).

I would match Coach Muschamp with Coach McGriff (McGriff was Ole Miss' & later Vanderbilt's bagman)

I would match Coach T-Rob with Coach T-Will (T-Will is a fucking rapper, that will resonate with HS prospects)

I would match Coach Thompson with Coach Steele

I would put Coach Hand above Coach Grimes (Coach Malzahn wanted Herbie in '13, settled on Grimes. I like Grimes a lot, more so than most of the staff, but from what I've read and heard, Coach Hand is a really good recruiter as well as being a really good OL Coach).

So, no...we didn't lose ALL of our recruiters. Only a blind man would think that.

#MicDropAgain
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 05:55:34 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2016, 05:51:13 PM »
Look damn it, you're going to have to start bringing your own microphone.  That's the 3rd one I've replaced this week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2016, 05:58:04 PM »
Are you seriously blind? In case you are, Auburn landed the #1 DL class in this recruiting cycle, without Coach Muschamp, T-Rob or Coach Thompson...thanks to Coach Gardner.

#MicDrop

#PickedTheMicBackUp

Coach Steele is a pretty good recruiter too (he knows how to move money around, just like Coach Thompson does...hint, they worked under Sabbin).

I would match Coach Craig with Coach Gardner (those two are top tier recruiters).

I would match Coach Muschamp with Coach McGriff (McGriff was Ole Miss' & later Vanderbilt's bagman)

I would match Coach T-Rob with Coach T-Will (T-Will is a fucking rapper, that will resonate with HS prospects)

I would match Coach Thompson with Coach Steele

I would put Coach Hand above Coach Grimes (Coach Malzahn wanted Herbie in '13, settled on Grimes. I like Grimes a lot, more so than most of the staff, but from what I've read and heard, Coach Hand is a really good recruiter as well as being a really good OL Coach).

So, no...we didn't lose ALL of our recruiters. Only a blind man would think that.

#MicDropAgain
You mention this coach Gardner over and over as if you have inside skreetz on the University of Auburn.

I would know if we hired a new guy.
#BoomBitch
#BernieDontKnowAU
#YoSkreetzBeSuckin
#UaintEvenGotNoMic
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2016, 06:02:59 PM »
Look damn it, you're going to have to start bringing your own microphone.  That's the 3rd one I've replaced this week.
Sorry about that, it's just like fishing with dynamite sometimes around here...it's so much fun dropping the knowledge bomb on people's heads.

#MicTurnedOffAndPlacedBackOnTheStand
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2016, 06:03:57 PM »
Yeah, but the "mic" is actually an empty pork and beans can with a piece of yarn dangling out of the end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2016, 06:07:47 PM »
You mention this coach Gardner over and over as if you have inside skreetz on the University of Auburn.

I would know if we hired a new guy.
#BoomBitch
#BernieDontKnowAU
#YoSkreetzBeSuckin
#UaintEvenGotNoMic
Gardner/Garner

Potato/Tomato

The fact still remains, Auburn did not lose ALL of their recruiters. I agree that Auburn lost their top recruiter (Coach Craig), but not all of them.

#DynamiteDrop
#BoomMuthaBitches
#IfYouDontKnowNowYouKnow
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 06:18:48 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2016, 06:10:01 PM »
Yeah, but the "mic" is actually an empty pork and beans can with a piece of yarn dangling out of the end.

#franksandbeans
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2016, 06:11:10 PM »
#franksandbeans

Which is that?  The franks or the beans?  How'd you get the beans above the frank?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2016, 07:36:43 PM »
Rumor/Fact Mill:  Two LSU wide receivers transferred out today. One was a former starter.  Don't know what, if any relation it has to Craig's arrival.  No real reasons given.  Something at least worth keeping an eye on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2016, 08:09:38 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2016, 08:37:29 PM »
I forgot to mention Coach Horton, our Recruiting Coordinator, he's a really good recruiter too. Also, Coach McGriff & Coach Hand have been recruiting coordinators in some of their previous stops (McGriff with Baylor, Ole Miss & Vanderbilt & Hand with West Virginia '01-'06)...McGriff & Hand apparently have hot wives because they were both on Vanderbilt's staff under HC James Franklin ("I only hire coaches with hot wives because it tells me, they know how to recruit.")
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2016, 09:02:02 PM »
I forgot to mention Coach Horton, our Recruiting Coordinator, he's a really good recruiter too. Also, Coach McGriff & Coach Hand have been recruiting coordinators in some of their previous stops (McGriff with Baylor, Ole Miss & Vanderbilt & Hand with West Virginia '01-'06)...McGriff & Hand apparently have hot wives because they were both on Vanderbilt's staff under HC James Franklin ("I only hire coaches with hot wives because it tells me, they know how to recruit.")

Rumor is that Horton will leave soon as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2016, 09:04:50 PM »
Rumor/Fact Mill:  Two LSU wide receivers transferred out today. One was a former starter.  Don't know what, if any relation it has to Craig's arrival.  No real reasons given.  Something at least worth keeping an eye on.

Probably nothing more sinister than the "grass is greener" mentality that seems rampant in CFB these days.  New coach = opportunity to get out from under Cameron.

I can't imagine that Craig's image is so toxic that established players would bolt when he's announced as their new position coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2016, 09:37:51 PM »
Rumor is that Horton will leave soon as well.
Yup, I'd heard UCF but I don't know if that's still open anymore. I wonder what Tre Smith is doing these days, think he'll be interested in being the RB Coach?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2016, 09:56:02 PM »
Yup, I'd heard UCF but I don't know if that's still open anymore. I wonder what Tre Smith is doing these days, think he'll be interested in being the RB Coach?

What about Kenny irons?  Or Mike dyer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2016, 10:09:27 PM »
Dyer sure would spice things up on the recruiting trail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2016, 10:25:15 PM »
Probably nothing more sinister than the "grass is greener" mentality that seems rampant in CFB these days.  New coach = opportunity to get out from under Cameron.

I can't imagine that Craig's image is so toxic that established players would bolt when he's announced as their new position coach.

I read where one had started 7 games and then had one shitty game against Bama. Lost his #1 slot and has never regained it. Your grass is greener scenario is probably more spot on.  Just thought the timing was worth a mention.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2016, 11:02:39 PM »
The best recruiter we have is 10-11 win seasons and championships.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2016, 11:19:32 PM »
Hell, we might as well ask Reid McMillan or Rusty Williams if they're interested.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2016, 11:37:07 PM »
The best recruiter we have is 10-11 win seasons and championships.
10 winning seasons and championships out of 11?

#PutItOnTheBoard
#Championship
#Boom
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions