Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Rumor mill swirling

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
Rumor mill swirling
« on: February 14, 2016, 12:42:59 PM »
Craig to Red Stick. People saying that he and Rhett ain't Gucci. Gus chose Rhett. Yada yada yada...  This fucking blows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
Re: Rumor mill swirling
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 01:02:52 PM »
Craig to Red Stick. People saying that he and Rhett ain't Gucci. Gus chose Rhett. Yada yada yada...  This fucking blows.
If true, Gus should go ahead and start doing some research on reliable moving companies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 01:11:02 PM »
Did Phillip write that piece? :oh:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 01:27:35 PM »

If this is real?  It's housecleaning time. 

I used to think the evil that pours from Tuscaloosa was our greatest enemy.   But we are our own. 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 01:32:46 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 01:57:31 PM »
From a coaching standpoint, they can both walk.

Craig is the superior recruiter, obviously, so he's more valuable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 03:25:53 PM »
From Tiger Tracks.  Bruce Feldman also quoted as saying Kodi Burns would be top candidate to replace Craig if he does go.

Auburn receivers coach Dameyune Craig has emerged as a “serious candidate” to join LSU’s staff, according to 247Sports.com.

Craig, a former Auburn quarterback now known as one of the nation’s top recruiters, just finished his third season as Auburn’s receivers coach. It’s unclear what title Craig would have with the Tigers.

LSU has openings for receivers coach and recruiting coordinator after the departures of Frank Wilson last month and receivers coach Tony Ball this week.

A source at LSU told The Advocate that the school is “still in the interview process” for the job openings. The Tigers announced the hire of running backs coach Jabbar Juluke on Saturday. FoxSports.com also Sunday reported that Craig is a “strong candidate” to join LSU’s staff.

Craig landed at Auburn after a three-year stint as receivers coach and recruiting coordinator at Florida State, where he led the Seminoles to a pair of top-5 signing classes. Craig is familiar with Baton Rouge. The Pritchard, Alabama, native began his collegiate coaching career as an offensive graduate assistant at LSU in 2004, Nick Saban’s last season with the Tigers.

Craig’s coaching stops also include the Miami Dolphins (2005), Tuskegee (2006-07) and South Alabama (2008-09). Craig makes $500,000 a year at Auburn in a contract that expires in June 2018, according to AL.com. Wilson made $675,000 a year as LSU’s running backs coach and recruiting coordinator. Ball made $310,000.

Craig helped recruit 2013 Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston while in Tallahassee . He was recognized as the 2012 Scout/FoxSportsNet ACC Recruiter of the Year as well as the Rivals.com ACC Recruiter of the Year. He was named one of the top 25 recruiters in the country by Rivals and one of the top 50 recruiters by 247Sports.

Craig tutored Florida State quarterbacks E.J. Manuel and Christian Ponder. Ponder and Manuel combined to throw for 2,905 yards while Ponder completed 61.5 percent of his passes and Manuel completed 69.9 percent of his passes. Ponder was a first-round pick of the Minnesota Vikings in the 2011 NFL Draft.

Craig played quarterback at Auburn from 1994-97, where he still holds numerous Auburn passing records, including completions (216) and passing yards (3,227) in a season as well as a single-game record for most net yards gained (445 vs. Army in 1996; 75 rush, 370 pass). Craig led Auburn to an 18-7 mark in 25 career starts.

He signed as a free agent quarterback with the NFL’s Carolina Panthers and appeared in six games over a four-year stretch.

Craig’s hire would be another inner-division move that’s becoming so familiar in the SEC West. LSU lost its last two defensive coordinators to SEC West rivals (John Chavis to Texas A&M last year and Kevin Steele to Auburn this year). The Tigers replaced Steele with Wisconsin’s Dave Aranda, a much-ballyhooed hire of one of the country’s up-and-coming defensive gurus.

Auburn also made a run at LSU defensive backs coach Corey Raymond last month. Coach Les Miles gave Raymond a one-year extension through the 2017 season and a $65,000 raise, making his yearly salary $375,000.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 05:07:52 PM »
I really hope we can keep DC. He's an elite recruiter and I think he's a good receiver's coach. Prob a good OC too but I don't know who was calling the plays this year. It seemed like Gus got more involved toward the end maybe.

Having said that, if he's willing to leave AU for a meager raise for a position coach job, I wouldn't get into a bidding war. He's paid pretty damn good and deserves credit.

But these position coaches making a qtr mil plus is ridiculous.

It doesn't seem that damn long ago that we were hiring Dick Sheridan away from NC State for around 300k and that was crazy money for a head football coach.

But Jacobs will cave and give him a lifetime contract and a piece of the gate, if history is any indicator. :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 05:42:32 PM »
Official
From Bruce Feldman
#LSU makes it official hiring #Auburn co-OC Dameyune Craig: http://foxs.pt/1oC3hWO

Brandon Marcello adds

8 assistants have left Auburn or been fired by Gus Malzahn since end of 2014 season. 5 coaches left voluntarily following 2015 season.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 05:45:16 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 05:44:20 PM »
Why don't we just swap the entire staff with LSU.  Les is a little Tubervilleish but that would be almost welcome after the recent rollercoaster rides. 

We been bitching about no defense.  They been bitching about no offense.  We'd both get what we wanted.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 05:46:17 PM »
Why don't we just swap the entire staff with LSU.  Les is a little Tubervilleish but that would be almost welcome after the recent rollercoaster rides. 

We been bitching about no defense.  They been bitching about no offense.  We'd both get what we wanted.

Seems about even on the QB trades too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 05:50:54 PM »
If Gus didn't make an attempt to keep him by Cuttimg Lash's pay or whatever was necessary, then I blv PCT may be right.

Gus ain't helping himself. Fact that Rhett made more money than DC is crazy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2016, 06:01:55 PM »
Love what 6 posted about our own beat writer making sure to point out that 8 assistants in 2 years have left or been fired.  Take a look again at the piece I posted just before that from Tiger Tracks. That article alone shows 5 changes to Miles' staff.  Doesn't go into any assistants Chavis probably took with him to A&M or other changes on the staff.  But thanks for that, Brandon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2016, 07:31:22 PM »
For one, I must admit I don't know what the problems are behind the closed doors. Maybe Craig sucks. Maybe his cool guy image that attracts so many recruits is deleterious to the team once February ends. Maybe Lashlee is a great coach and QB developer and Malzahn has been hindered by poor coaching from the other assistants.

Two, this fucking blows. It's not a guarantee that an Auburn legacy (or two, TRob) will be a successful coach at Auburn. But this looks really bad on Malzahn's part, and if he doesn't get shit turned around quickly, the boosters are going to come for his head. Pissing off and running off former Auburn greats and beloved players is not going to sit well if you're going 7-6 while losing to all of our rivals.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2016, 07:57:18 PM »
For one, I must admit I don't know what the problems are behind the closed doors. Maybe Craig sucks. Maybe his cool guy image that attracts so many recruits is deleterious to the team once February ends. Maybe Lashlee is a great coach and QB developer and Malzahn has been hindered by poor coaching from the other assistants.

Two, this fucking blows. It's not a guarantee that an Auburn legacy (or two, TRob) will be a successful coach at Auburn. But this looks really bad on Malzahn's part, and if he doesn't get shit turned around quickly, the boosters are going to come for his head. Pissing off and running off former Auburn greats and beloved players is not going to sit well if you're going 7-6 while losing to all of our rivals.

Winning again can heal all these woes. If there isn't a good season for 2016, how much longer will Malzahn last?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2016, 08:00:52 PM »
Winning again can heal all these woes. If there isn't a good season for 2016, how much longer will Malzahn last?

I think if Muschamp stayed and we had TRob and Craig on staff, Malzahn could have gotten away with a 9 win season. I think he needs to be in contention for the SEC championship come Iron Bowl time or he's out at this point. Nothing looks good about the program right now. Recruiting was up, but that was a big thanks to Craig.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2016, 08:09:13 PM »
Alsuxcum just released an article confirm D.C. 'smove and a link to possible replacements. Burns, Balnkenship and Horton to start.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2016/02/potential_candidates_to_replace_dameyune_craig_auburn.html#incart_article_small
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2016, 08:10:40 PM »

I love big words and I cannnot lie
But deleterious is way too high
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2016, 08:21:39 PM »
I love big words and I cannnot lie
But deleterious is way too high
When you've been in college for over  20 years, you have to show off a little.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2016, 08:28:56 PM »
I think if Muschamp stayed and we had TRob and Craig on staff, Malzahn could have gotten away with a 9 win season. I think he needs to be in contention for the SEC championship come Iron Bowl time or he's out at this point. Nothing looks good about the program right now. Recruiting was up, but that was a big thanks to Craig.
I don't think so. He's got more leeway than this.

But, losing DC didn't help his PR campaign any.

Good QB play this season will cure a lot of ills, hopefully. But the defense isn't going to magically become top 50 under a guy who got 70 run on him a few years ago, IMO.

I ain't real optimistic right now. I think losing TRob and\or Thompson for Steele had me scratching my head. But losing DC to become a position coach has me doing  :facepalm:. Over and over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2016, 08:59:01 PM »
Lashlee is becoming a heavy anchor...apparently Coach Malzahn didn't see what happened to Coach Tuberville and his BBQ Gang anchor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs