Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Rumor mill swirling

Re: Rumor mill swirling
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2016, 11:21:42 PM »
Gushlee was there in 2010 (Rhett Lashlee was the QB graduate assistant).

With Gushlee here, it's obvious that a DTQB, like JF3 & Woody, is what we need. Someone like Cam & Marshall to make plays when the playcall is garbage.

Or a qb that learned how to be a qb from another coach, see Chris Todd.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2016, 11:31:28 PM »
Kodi went from making $80k/yr as MTSU RB coach in his first year coaching at FBS level to making $400k/yr as Co-OC and WR coach at AU in 2 months.

CO-OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. That's full offensive.

Might as well have named him Supreme Chancellor of Awesome since titles obviously don't mean anything…

Executive Director of Kickassery.

Five Star Admiral of On Fleek.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2016, 12:09:42 AM »
Kodi went from making $80k/yr as MTSU RB coach in his first year coaching at FBS level to making $400k/yr as Co-OC and WR coach at AU in 2 months.

CO-OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR. That's full offensive.

Might as well have named him Supreme Chancellor of Awesome since titles obviously don't mean anything…

Executive Director of Kickassery.

Five Star Admiral of On Fleek.
Assistant to the Regional Manager was already taken by Rhett Lashlee.

Regarding Burns' coaching career, he didn't go from MTSU to Auburn. He was at Arizona State as their RB coach in January.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2016, 01:29:35 AM »
I can entertain plausible scenarios where the recent staff changes aren't indicators of a downward trend in our football program.

That said, Malzahn has the appearance of a guy chasing an inside straight.  The wagons appear to be circling and Gus looks to be trying to recapture lightning in a bottle. 

The win/loss results of this next year's football team, fair or not, will determine the length of his remaining tenure.  I hope he pulls out of the the PR tailspin.

Pretty much sums it up.

I will say this though, I have read numerous post by folks on this site alone whom seamed to be in displeasure with Craig and the development with the WRs. In fact the only real attractions became his recruiting abilities. I like Craig, yes, but where is the development? Want to talk about job titles well Craig certainly had his own, of which didn't seem to fit the bill.

Still though, as wes pointed out, this is the year of real scrutiny for Gus. Kind of a win or go home scenario.

I will say this too, Gus doesn't seem like a dumbass at all. Seems to have a brain that works properly and has done so everywhere he has been as a coach. Sure, not as a HC but that shit doesn't just fly out the window because of a label.

There are a lot of what ifs here but since DC was Co OC, what if Craig was the problem in coordinating with Lashlee and Gus? Just a thought and one will see the proof in the pudding for 2016.

Another thing is I don't think Gus will be gone next year if he adheres to the money that tells him Lashlee is to be gone if Gus wants to stay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2016, 03:13:19 AM »
All our top recruiters are gone and we've replaced them with basically poo.

Not necessarily.

OL Coach Herb Hand, DL Coach Rodney Gardner, and DB Coach Wesley McGriff are top recruiters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2016, 08:02:57 AM »
Not necessarily.

OL Coach Herb Hand, DL Coach Rodney Gardner, and DB Coach Wesley McGriff are top recruiters.
I think Kodi will do well as a recruiter. The question for me regarding the loss of Craig was always who do we have that can persuade Florida talent and moreso, who knows the area of Mobile better?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2016, 09:26:33 AM »
Regarding Burns' coaching career, he didn't go from MTSU to Auburn. He was at Arizona State as their RB coach in January.
Correct. Like I said, in two months.

How much experience you figure he got from January to mid-February?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2016, 09:32:41 AM »
Not necessarily.

Are you seriously trying to purport that any of those guys were better recruiters than DCraig, Mushchamp, T-Rob, Lance Thompson, and maybe even Grimes?

You've lost your damn mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2016, 09:35:53 AM »
Executive Director of Kickassery

I don't care what they call him, but he can't have my title.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2016, 09:36:29 AM »
Correct. Like I said, in two months.

How much experience you figure he got from January to mid-February?

He got his day-planner completely filled in for the next two months.  Workouts and meal times and everything.  It had extra pockets in the covers and slots for a calculator and pen. Pretty much a wasted $21.95 at Office Depot because it had the Sun Devil logo on the outside. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2016, 09:53:01 AM »
Quarterback.
What I do hate is the waste and mishandling of JJ and White.

How has White been mishandled?

Unless you are referring to them as one, as far as mishandling goes.

White has progressed pretty damn good. unfortunately, he got beat up a bit. But he was making good decisions. (for the most part0

I think the statement about having a QB that can overcome the shitty play calling might be the best analysis yet.

I am excited about White. he seems to have the best pure QB mind we have had in a while. I just wonder how long it will take for Gushlee to beat that out of him...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2016, 09:55:01 AM »
Not necessarily.

Hey Skreets! You hear anything about our dismissed basketball player assaulting a woman with a knife or something? Lots of rumors and wondering if you and Bernie had any intel on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2016, 10:17:47 AM »
Hey Skreets! You hear anything about our dismissed basketball player assaulting a woman with a knife or something? Lots of rumors and wondering if you and Bernie had any intel on it.
^^^#BoomMothaBitches
This is why I watch when The Six gets up to bat. He's like Bo Jackson. He strikes out a lot but every once in a while, he's going to send one over left center into the Kroeger parking lot across the street.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2016, 10:19:29 AM »
^^^#BoomMothaBitches
This is why I watch when The Six gets up to bat. He's like Bo Jackson. He strikes out a lot but every once in a while, he's going to send one over left center into the Kroeger parking lot across the street.

Only to get a Nickelback...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2016, 10:23:05 AM »
Only to get a Nickelback...

Ok. Credit where due. Formidable hussel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2016, 10:39:22 AM »
How has White been mishandled?

Unless you are referring to them as one, as far as mishandling goes.

White has progressed pretty damn good. unfortunately, he got beat up a bit. But he was making good decisions. (for the most part0

I think the statement about having a QB that can overcome the shitty play calling might be the best analysis yet.

I am excited about White. he seems to have the best pure QB mind we have had in a while. I just wonder how long it will take for Gushlee to beat that out of him...
There are a half dozen or more SEC teams that would like to snatch up White right away. Some would even consider JJ even with his  struggles. It is true that White was banged up but I wasn't clear. The wildcat offense can destroy the confidence of a QB when he leads the team down the field only to be pulled in the redzone. Other than that I see White progressing well in spite of the stupidity of Gushlee. They will not allow him to finish and I know this kid can be damn accurate in the open field as well as inside the thirties. Our fucking coaches just haven't developed a short game with the exception of the "Lutzie." Think about it. Ever see a corner fade? Quick slant? I've seen other teams in pregame taking fifteen minutes just practicing that fade.
How can a QB fully develop when he isn't allowed to put his skills to the test?

So for the sake of the team I think we need a runner that can throw it some which could reduce by as much as one third (perhaps) the number of times Gushlee is tempted to fuck something up. Our boy White deserves better and who knows what happened to JJ.
I can pull for my team and hold my nose at the same time. I've done it before.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2016, 10:50:46 AM »
As I've said before, I had no problem with the Mildcat they ran this past season.  Maybe it's just perception, or bad oldtimer's memory, but I seem to recall it being effective.  Effective from the standpoint of getting accomplished what they needed to at the time.  I don't know if they keep specific stats on what they did from that formation, but I see where Carry On averaged 4 yards a touch overall.  I'm going to guess about half of that was from the Mildcat. 

It seemed to me that he normally came in when we needed 3 or 4 and usually got the job done.  I think that's pretty much what that formation is for.  Put someone back there shifty enough to find the gap and get the needed yards.  It's not designed to rip off 20-25 yard runs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2016, 11:05:20 AM »
As I've said before, I had no problem with the Mildcat they ran this past season.  Maybe it's just perception, or bad oldtimer's memory, but I seem to recall it being effective.  Effective from the standpoint of getting accomplished what they needed to at the time.  I don't know if they keep specific stats on what they did from that formation, but I see where Carry On averaged 4 yards a touch overall.  I'm going to guess about half of that was from the Mildcat. 

It seemed to me that he normally came in when we needed 3 or 4 and usually got the job done.  I think that's pretty much what that formation is for.  Put someone back there shifty enough to find the gap and get the needed yards.  It's not designed to rip off 20-25 yard runs.
I don't hate an occaisional wildcat series...but I loathe it as a philosophy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2016, 11:35:05 AM »
It wasn't assault - he was merely redistributing the cream cheese on her bagel.

#feelthebern
#freecreamcheese4all
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2016, 11:41:29 AM »
Our fucking coaches just haven't developed a short game with the exception of the "Lutzie." Think about it. Ever see a corner fade? Quick slant? I've seen other teams in pregame taking fifteen minutes just practicing that fade.
How can a QB fully develop when he isn't allowed to put his skills to the test?

Never heard this argument before.... :rolleyes:

I would just settle for bringing the five and out route back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions