Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Rumor mill swirling

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Rumor mill swirling
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2016, 09:52:16 AM »
Can't really blame him for not wanting to coach with Mr. 5-19.

Stow that! That man brought us a National Championship and as such, you will respect that man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2016, 09:59:20 AM »
Stow that! That man brought us a National Championship and as such, you will respect that man.

I can't really address that right now.  I'll take a look at it and probably know more towards the end of the week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2016, 10:08:30 AM »
I can't really address that right now.  I'll take a look at it and probably know more towards the end of the week.
He has had a great week of practice though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2016, 10:21:06 AM »
What kills me is you people, yeah I said it, you people, are missing the obvious.  Gus is trying to make a slow, subtle transformation.  Not sure what the ultimate intent is but the process is becoming obvious.  Who on this staff now has ties to....cue dramatic music intro...DUN DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN....the State of Arkansas?

Gus Malzahn
Rhett Lashlee
Tim Horton
Kodi Burns
Ryan Russell
Ryan Aplin
Johnny Brewer G.A.
Austin Tucker G.A.

Coinkeedink?  I think not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2016, 10:24:22 AM »
Stow that! That man brourght us a National Championship and as such, you will respect that man.

You do mean this guy right?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2016, 11:12:06 AM »
So, we are bringing back (kodi) who was recruited as a QB, but couldn't do that so he changed to receiver so he could play. This is who is going to be coaching our receivers?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2016, 11:25:49 AM »
So, we are bringing back (kodi) who was recruited as a QB, but couldn't do that so he changed to receiver so he could play. This is who is going to be coaching our receivers?

I smell a CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!1
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2016, 11:32:22 AM »
What? You don't think Alan loved his Alma Mater? Hell he even hung around and ran a business around town. When it came to his son they made a "business" decision. Same with Craig. Same with Willis or am I missing something? If so, fine. Lets take Alan out of the picture. Does this mean we should be "Gucci" with James? Can't really blame him for not wanting to coach with Mr. 5-19.

And here I thought he was an alumni of UTC...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2016, 12:04:35 PM »
What kills me is you people, yeah I said it, you people, are missing the obvious.  Gus is trying to make a slow, subtle transformation.  Not sure what the ultimate intent is but the process is becoming obvious.  Who on this staff now has ties to....cue dramatic music intro...DUN DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN....the State of Arkansas?

Gus Malzahn
Rhett Lashlee
Tim Horton
Kodi Burns
Ryan Russell
Ryan Aplin
Johnny Brewer G.A.
Austin Tucker G.A.

Wooooooooo TIGER! Sooie!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2016, 12:16:26 PM »

Well to be fair, I think a guy who actually played receiver might be more qualified than someone who only threw to receivers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2016, 01:48:25 PM »
My thought process so far:
Losing Muschamp: "Well, it was going to happen soon anyway. We knew he wanted to be HC again."
Not offering TRob or LT: "Gus must really have some strong candidates in mind."
Hiring Steele after a lull: "Maybe Steele is better than we think"
Losing Grimes: "To Cincy? Well, ahhhh, you know his son is a coach there. And all. Ahhhh, he's been sick"
Losing DC in a lateral to LSU: "This mofo done gone batshit crazy."

I'm trying to reserve judgement. We know that these guys are hired guns and it wouldn't be much different if we were coaches. It's business. Just hurt more with Craig.

Now, hiring Kodi? I'm scratching my head. I love Kodi but replacing arguably the best recruiter in the SEC with a guy with 2-3 yrs of experience on the field?

All is forgiven with maybe 9 or 10 wins and another top 10 recruiting class. Short of that, I'm out of bullets to defend Gustav.

We falter at qb and continue to suck hind  :tits: on d and have 8 or less wins, I will be out of patience.  :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2016, 01:48:51 PM »
Can Kodi teach them how to block?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2016, 01:52:12 PM »

Gus Malzahn
Rhett Lashlee
Tim Horton
Kodi Burns
Ryan Russell
Ryan Aplin
Johnny Brewer G.A.
Austin Tucker G.A.

You do know that the Bear was from Arkansas, don't you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2016, 02:05:54 PM »
Now, hiring Kodi? I'm scratching my head. I love Kodi but replacing arguably the best recruiter in the SEC with a guy with 2-3 yrs of experience on the field?

This hire was exactly what I thought would happen.  Lose a popular former player to a rival?  Bring in another popular former player to replace him.  The Creed/Family folks immediately forget that our head coach can't take a QB out of high school and make him serviceable, all they worry about is that he understands Auburn, and he just hired an Auburn man.

Creed!  Family!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2016, 02:16:24 PM »
This hire was exactly what I thought would happen.  Lose a popular former player to a rival?  Bring in another popular former player to replace him.  The Creed/Family folks immediately forget that our head coach can't take a QB out of high school and make him serviceable, all they worry about is that he understands Auburn, and he just hired an Auburn man.

Creed!  Family!

And that attitude will keep Auburn in its place forever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2016, 02:20:25 PM »

Hey, HEY... You just slow that train down, bucko. 

Gus Malzahn came in having been a head coach for ONE year at a dinky school.  And he dang near won a national championship his first season.  Just look at what he's done at a major program. 

Oh, wait... what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2016, 02:31:31 PM »
Gus Malzahn Coaching Career So Far

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

jmar

« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2016, 06:57:29 PM »
Quarterback.
We had Cam Newton when Gus was the OC and won the MNC in 2010.
I maintained then as I do now that our Superman made so many positive plays during the course of a game in that season that it made the play calling very easy, so much so we saw very few redzone failures and the insistence to use the wildcat as was the case this past season.

We saw something very similar under Gushlee with Nick Marshall at the helm in 2014. His ability to complete enough passes was sufficient but it was his skill with the read option, particularly the shotgun buck sweep which got us there by keeping the chains moving while lessening the number of times Gushee felt obligated to tinker with the offense while it was producing.

I have always wanted a QB at Auburn that could sling it around but now I am totally against that notion for as long as Gushlee is in town.  It was proven with the handling of Johnson and White which further proved to me that Auburn is, was and should be a run first team. We really need Hand to come through to make it work and if we are lucky, diffuse a few asshat play calls along the way. And if we can keep a healthy backfield maybe a QB emerges that can make it happen in a hurry.

What I do hate is the waste and mishandling of JJ and White. So I'm torn...because on the one hand we have two really good kids that bleed O&B while on the other I see that the success of Auburn lies squarely on our ability to have a running-assed QB that can take over a game. And for this reason along with the current staff defections I have very little regard for Gushlee. Don't know what the future holds but I can never feel the same about these two with the same regard as some others before them, no matter the outcome.

There, I said my part. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2016, 09:38:55 PM »
Quarterback.
We had Cam Newton when Gus was the OC and won the MNC in 2010.
I maintained then as I do now that our Superman made so many positive plays during the course of a game in that season that it made the play calling very easy, so much so we saw very few redzone failures and the insistence to use the wildcat as was the case this past season.

We saw something very similar under Gushlee with Nick Marshall at the helm in 2014. His ability to complete enough passes was sufficient but it was his skill with the read option, particularly the shotgun buck sweep which got us there by keeping the chains moving while lessening the number of times Gushee felt obligated to tinker with the offense while it was producing.

I have always wanted a QB at Auburn that could sling it around but now I am totally against that notion for as long as Gushlee is in town.  It was proven with the handling of Johnson and White which further proved to me that Auburn is, was and should be a run first team. We really need Hand to come through to make it work and if we are lucky, diffuse a few asshat play calls along the way. And if we can keep a healthy backfield maybe a QB emerges that can make it happen in a hurry.

What I do hate is the waste and mishandling of JJ and White. So I'm torn...because on the one hand we have two really good kids that bleed O&B while on the other I see that the success of Auburn lies squarely on our ability to have a running-assed QB that can take over a game. And for this reason along with the current staff defections I have very little regard for Gushlee. Don't know what the future holds but I can never feel the same about these two with the same regard as some others before them, no matter the outcome.

There, I said my part.
Gushlee was there in 2010 (Rhett Lashlee was the QB graduate assistant).

With Gushlee here, it's obvious that a DTQB, like JF3 & Woody, is what we need. Someone like Cam & Marshall to make plays when the playcall is garbage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2016, 11:10:58 PM »
I can entertain plausible scenarios where the recent staff changes aren't indicators of a downward trend in our football program.

That said, Malzahn has the appearance of a guy chasing an inside straight.  The wagons appear to be circling and Gus looks to be trying to recapture lightning in a bottle. 

The win/loss results of this next year's football team, fair or not, will determine the length of his remaining tenure.  I hope he pulls out of the the PR tailspin.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.