Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Rumor mill swirling

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
Re: Rumor mill swirling
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2016, 09:13:14 PM »
On Craig. 

http://gridironnow.com/why-dameyune-craig-could-leave-auburn-for-lsu/

Meanwhile, on the Plains, we get the retread Steele.

With all of this, I'm thinking at best we do this year 5-7 w/ a bowl. Unless our D is shutting out folks.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 09:33:29 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2016, 09:26:38 PM »
Lashlee is becoming a heavy anchor...apparently Coach Malzahn didn't see what happened to Coach Tuberville and his BBQ Gang anchor.
Keeping the recruiting class intact (especially the DLinemen) might buy an extra year but all of the staff changes had to impede the DC search and we settled. Now we lose the guy in Craig that could bring the difference makers to the offensive side of the ball while adding Hand and retaining Lashlee.
So all we lack now is a good drummer. Any ideas?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2016, 10:10:02 PM »
I'm not worried about Kevin Steele in the least. He's been there, done that.  The thing I keep seeing people point to is the one game where shit blew up and WVU hung 70 on Clemson while he was at the helm.  But people kind of brush off the fact that Clemson also won the ACC that year.  One game where everything that could go wrong...does?  And it's a meaningless bowl game?  Anyone remember CTT, who probably had the best defenses over his tenure than any coach at Auburn?  Every now and then...usually against Arkansas...he'd lay and egg and they'd run wild.  Damn, Talley just ran by my window again.

Anywayz, not saying Steele is The Steel Curtain.  But he's seen it all.  From Nebraska to Bama to Carolina to LSU.  Give him some players, we'll be fine. Now, sorry.  I just had Steele on my mind.   Kevin, he's so hot right now. Kevin.

As for DC.  This, I don't get at all.  As WT said, to leave your Alma Tomater for an SECW rival for basically the same position is mind boggling.  Did we do anything to try and keep him?  The players he brings in by his recruiting alone is worth fighting for.  I've seen several comments about a Craig/Lashlee conflict.  Is that for real?  Interwebz rumor?  Has there been anything published?  It just seems so weak and frustrating to sign this guy and bring him "home", only to look up one day and see, "Oh rumor has it Craig might go to LSU...he gone".  WTF???? Question.  How pissed are the recruits he convinced to come here?  You know what?  They should be.  Don't know at who.....but...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2016, 10:10:49 PM »
Keeping the recruiting class intact (especially the DLinemen) might buy an extra year but all of the staff changes had to impede the DC search and we settled. Now we lose the guy in Craig that could bring the difference makers to the offensive side of the ball while adding Hand and retaining Lashlee.
So all we lack now is a good drummer. Any ideas?
We are settlers, son.
Tilling the land. Hoping for a fertile spring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2016, 10:31:21 PM »
Dumpster. Fire.

Auburn legend leaves for presumably a demotion (he was co-OC at Auburn) at division rival. And LSU isn't exactly the most stable of situations. Les was practically jetgated and the Governor of Louisiana is talking about dropping LSU football because the TOPS scholarships are falling through. This is a fuck you to Gus. And other former Auburn players are chiming in on Twitter to shit on Gus.

Heath Evans said:
The fact he's leaving tells AU fans a lot if they're willing to listen! 

to which Willie Anderson pulled a Prowler by replying:

#BOOOOOOOOM!!!! 

All our top recruiters are gone and we've replaced them with basically poo. Meanwhile Hall of Famer and proven NFL linebackers coach Kevin Greene has been fucking publicly begging Gus to let him join the staff and Gus basically told him to fuck himself.

Has Gus just gone retarded or what? What the fuck is going on?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2016, 11:12:17 PM »
Great leaders surround themselves with people who are smarter than they are and let them work. 

Weak leaders are convinced they know it all and clash with anyone they feel gets too much credit. 

Amazingly we saw Chizik do both in a two year span.  Gus learned from that but he learned the wrong lesson. He's not going to keep anybody who is a threat to his own ego.  Lashlee is a pet. He can be controlled.  He's not going to challenge the amazing Gus.  As the genius who saw the writing on the wall and left only to return as savior a year later he's not going to let somebody do to him what he did to chizik.

And don't forget he was a head coach for one fucking year at a lower tier school.  He was not prepared for this position. We should have known.  But year one masked a lot of deficiencies and made us blind. 

Oh well.  I'm tired of pretending the dumpster isn't blazing.  Gonna roast marshmallows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2016, 01:43:55 AM »
I think if Muschamp stayed and we had TRob and Craig on staff, Malzahn could have gotten away with a 9 win season. I think he needs to be in contention for the SEC championship come Iron Bowl time or he's out at this point. Nothing looks good about the program right now. Recruiting was up, but that was a big thanks to Craig.

Can't say I disagree with this. I think Prowler may be right on this and Malzahn's loyalt may do him in. The only changing factor in the equation here would be a good win category for Auburn in 2016. If not, the heating iron is at its hottest and we all know how that turns out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2016, 02:42:46 AM »
Fuck Gus I hope he enjoys his buyout #bitch
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2016, 04:28:07 AM »
I have this vision of Gus the organ grinder with his dancing monkey.
We fucked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2016, 08:11:42 AM »

All our top recruiters are gone and we've replaced them with basically poo. Meanwhile Hall of Famer and proven NFL linebackers coach Kevin Greene has been fucking publicly begging Gus to let him join the staff and Gus basically told him to fuck himself.

Has Gus just gone retarded or what? What the fuck is going on?

That was pretty sweet that he replied to you on twitter. I wonder how he found that when you didn't even tag him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2016, 08:26:32 AM »
Let me just play saban's advocate here:
How many WRs have we had drafted over the last 3 years?  More than 20? No?
More than 10?  What's that you say?  No?
More than 5 has to be the answer, right?  Wait, are you sure?  No?
Sammie Coates.  Anyone else?  I'm not sure honestly, but I don't think so.
Anyone care to remember what the NFL scouts said about Coates during the combine?
Clicky my linky http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/sammie-coates?id=2552470
Doesn't sound like he was "coarched up" much on the Plains.
Duke Williams and Ricardo Louis may be drafted this year.  Maybe.
Anyone else?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2016, 08:54:00 AM »
Iceberg, right ahead.

It will be amusing when both teams are in coach watch mode in October and coach search mode in December. There are four schools in contention to be finding another HC for 2017 season all in the same division. And that doesn't include Saban's pending retirement and handing the reigns over to Kiffin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2016, 09:03:47 AM »
Anyone care to remember what the NFL scouts said about Coates during the combine?
I understand and the coaching ain't been stellar at the position. So, why not move him to QB coarch and co-OC. A position he actually played and coached a Heisman winner.

I hope there is more to the story but after sleeping on it, I don't feel any more Gucci about it.

If Gus actually chose Lash over DC? WTF?

We are prob talking about THE best recruiter that we've EVER had. And an AU legend to boot.

Now, having said all dat, could this be a childish tantrum that DC is throwing over some trivial stuff? Is he a pre Madonna his own self?

I kind of hope so.

I'm not roasting marshmallows yet. QB play and defense people. Two keys to this coming season. Listen to WT. If we get them, we may just be ok. If not, hop on yo bus, Gus. Get out the way, Jay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2016, 09:05:01 AM »
Since we Auburn fans are gonna lay all the blame on Gus and all former players love Auburn to the core, does this mean we can forgive Alan Evans and James Willis? I mean business is business, right? Surely James could see Chizik was in over his head from the get go and just did what was best for his career. I'm also sure Alan knew CEJ would be fired soon enough and he was just looking out for his son.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2016, 09:12:01 AM »
Since we Auburn fans are gonna lay all the blame on Gus and all former players love Auburn to the core, does this mean we can forgive Alan Evans and James Willis? I mean business is business, right? Surely James could see Chizik was in over his head from the get go and just did what was best for his career. I'm also sure Alan knew CEJ would be fired soon enough and he was just looking out for his son.
You forgot Eric Ramsey. Let us bury all of these hatchets and let espn make a 30 for 30 about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2016, 09:12:27 AM »
And it's Kodi Burns.  I feel bad Gus is going to drag another one of my favorite Auburn players name through the mud.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

jmar

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2016, 09:12:59 AM »
Yeah nobody ever touted Craig as a coaching whiz. And like Garner he's mainly a recruiter.
Our QB coach sucks as well whoever it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2016, 09:17:14 AM »

Alan Evans? Really?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2016, 09:19:20 AM »
Yeah nobody ever touted Craig as a coaching whiz. And like Garner he's mainly a recruiter.
Our QB coach sucks as well whoever it is.

Uhm...that us and has been Rhett since he came back with Gus. Rhett coaches the QBs and helps with the game plan. During the game, he watches the secondary, relays that to Gus, and Gus calls the plays. That is how it works for better or worse.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

AUownsU

• Hold my beer.
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2016, 09:44:31 AM »
What? You don't think Alan loved his Alma Mater? Hell he even hung around and ran a business around town. When it came to his son they made a "business" decision. Same with Craig. Same with Willis or am I missing something? If so, fine. Lets take Alan out of the picture. Does this mean we should be "Gucci" with James? Can't really blame him for not wanting to coach with Mr. 5-19.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions