Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

B'ham Bowl - Game Thread

jmar

Re: B'ham Bowl - Game Thread
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2015, 01:36:49 PM »
Not so fast. Our basketball team isn't that good and neither is the Opelika bourbon.
Both strong points.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2015, 01:40:43 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2015, 01:41:28 PM »
Opelika bourbon in only good with DCPs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2015, 01:44:29 PM »
Halftime grades.

Defense:  A
No glaring missed assignments, playing with energy and focus.

Offense: D
Same baffling lack of consistency. Same frustrating lack of confidence. Same tendency to do something stupid and derail a drive. Same inability to get a push up front. There's no swagger. No determination. 

I love examples, so I will use myself.  Over the summer I played the best round of golf in my life in Arizona. Shit came together on the second hole and every shot I took was damn near perfect. Drove two par four greens. Dropped a six-iron second shot on a par five to within four inches. Convinced I'd figured  out the game I came home and tried to replicate.  Overswung and yanked the first drive into the trees. Sliced another one. Flubbed a third. Tried to adjust. Barely broke 100.  Outthought myself. Started going to the range every day trying to figure out what I was doing, why I couldn't play like I did in Arizona.  Was I holding the club too tight? Too loose? Was I too tensed up? Too relaxed? Got to where every time i stepped up to the tee I'd try to be positive, but all I could think of was how badly this was about to go. Almost three months of playing like I'd never seen a golf club before I put the sticks down for two weeks, cleared out my brain and just went back to letting my natural instincts take over.  Only go to the range if something "feels" weird. Haven't come close to scoring like I did in Arizona, but I've gone back to being consistent.  I'm not smashing balls out of bounds. Not chunking three woods or blading irons. 

That's what Auburn's offense (and our coaching staff) looks like to me.  I spent a lot of time looking at my clubs, looking at my hands and wondering why they betrayed me.  The more I tried to fix it, the worse I got.  Gus needs to unpucker. Have fun again.  The look of befuddlement on his face is the same one I know I had when I rocketed that drive hard left and hit a house. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2015, 01:47:44 PM »
This motherfucking bitch and the clown in the booth with her are consistently missing plays while they babble about inane shit that is only peripherally related to the game. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2015, 01:53:59 PM »
Roc got his one jet sweep. He retired now!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2015, 01:57:57 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2015, 01:57:57 PM »
Second team front forced that three and out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2015, 02:00:25 PM »
Saw that too. Can't blame him.

Problem is hes never really played a full season. I would personally want that if I were him. Does he or the NFL think he has the goods to produce over a 16 game season? No one knows.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2015, 02:08:06 PM »
Problem is hes never really played a full season. I would personally want that if I were him. Does he or the NFL think he has the goods to produce over a 16 game season? No one knows.

True that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2015, 02:09:56 PM »

Fifth round money > learning yet another defense at Auburn for "free"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2015, 02:13:03 PM »
Leading 17-10 late in the 3rd quarter amazes me. If this guy (Memphis QB) is the best bet in the draft, there is no QB draft this year. This guy sucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

djsimp

« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2015, 02:14:59 PM »
Leading 17-10 late in the 3rd quarter amazes me. If this guy (Memphis QB) is the best bet in the draft, there is no QB draft this year. This guy sucks.

Well, this is the best the AU has played all year, IMO. I think that has something to do with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2015, 02:17:48 PM »
We are getting good corner play so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2015, 02:22:21 PM »
We start the 4th Quarter in the redzone with a 7 point lead. Foot on the throat. Let's go!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2015, 02:23:04 PM »
Holy shit. Pick a QB and stick with him.

SW can hit the middle routes to loosen up the defense for JR. Leave him in.

Or put JJ in and let him run the option with screens.

But PICK ONE!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2015, 02:24:40 PM »
Fifth round money > learning yet another defense at Auburn for "free"
That and he will get zero development at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2015, 02:27:50 PM »
JJ is back!

Heisman!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2015, 02:28:55 PM »
I'm glad it rained.

I think that affected Lynch!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2015, 02:28:59 PM »
Holy shit. Pick a QB and stick with him.

SW can hit the middle routes to loosen up the defense for JR. Leave him in.

Or put JJ in and let him run the option with screens.

But PICK ONE!
Nearly 13 complete games of the '15 season...still no clue who the QB is, or any offensive identity. It's really bad when the goddamn PUNTER has the best looking pass among Auburn's QBs. Here's a idea, put the Punter in at QB. Can't be any worse than the shit show on offense right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs