Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week Concerned Family 2015

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Thoughts - Week Concerned Family 2015
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2015, 02:15:48 PM »
Wednesday night after party of the century. #epic #bananas

And after the party it's the after party.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2015, 02:18:27 PM »

5 Points here we come!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2015, 02:45:02 PM »
5 Points here we come!
The party is now in Lakeview.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2015, 04:12:12 PM »
The party is now in Lakeview.

Calendar and GPS marked
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2015, 09:11:00 AM »

It's the freakin weekend, baby, I'm about to have me some fun!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Jumbo

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2015, 09:15:57 AM »
It's the freakin weekend, baby, I'm about to have me some fun!
Toot toot!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2015, 10:29:59 AM »
I don't often agree with you on...well, anything.  In this case though, you are spot on.

I hate watching Auburn football lately, knowing full well from the beginning that it will be the most painful thing I will do each week.

I hate that I don't even do that anymore. Walked into the clubhouse Sat, must have been at 1/2 time, was wearing my AU hat. Got told we were up 10-3 I think, all I could think of was how is Gus going to fuck this up?

Maybe its this season or the cumulative effect from last year to this year, but my Sat's are so much better not having to watch what has become the cluster fuck of Auburn football. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2015, 11:07:34 AM »

I hate that I don't even do that anymore. Walked into the clubhouse Sat, must have been at 1/2 time, was wearing my AU hat. Got told we were up 10-3 I think, all I could think of was how is Gus going to fuck this up?

Maybe its this season or the cumulative effect from last year to this year, but my Sat's are so much better not having to watch what has become the cluster fuck of Auburn football.

We could have put that bitch up 3 scores going into the half. Knowing UGA got the ball coming out of the half, Richt had to have used that to motivate his team..... "hey guys, were only 1 score down after that clisterfuck of a half and we get the ball first. We got this shit!". Its the being up on opponents and not putting them away that rubs me. Shows me we CAN, but for some reason we DON'T always. The QB Shuffle, The special teams lapse, the 3 turnovers, the mysterious abandonment of the run game after halftime. Im just at a loss. Is this THE issue? or a symptom of the issue? I just don't know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2015, 06:37:03 PM »
One of the reporters asked Coach Malzahn about why didn't Jovon play much in the 3rd qtr. Malzahn's response was something about rhythm and not getting first downs. Nevermind the fact that Jovon had a little under 100 years rushing IN THE FIRST HALF...nope, it's all about rhythm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2015, 06:42:44 PM »
One of the reporters asked Coach Malzahn about why didn't Jovon play much in the 3rd qtr. Malzahn's response was something about rhythm and not getting first downs. Nevermind the fact that Jovon had a little under 100 years rushing IN THE FIRST HALF...nope, it's all about rhythm.

It's why I think he's done.

At some point, Gus Malzahn got a brain issue. This current version of Gus would have had started a two-quarterback system halfway through the 2010 season.

"Well, we let Cam do a lot, and we don't want to be have that 'on the road to victory' rhythm. So we're going to let Barrett Trotter play the 3rd quarter."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2015, 07:36:43 PM »
I was about to call in to our local show this morning but my thunder got stolt before I could call.  It was like I was thinking it and the first caller was saying it.  You started having success against UK and there were several runs of positive things against every team from that point on.  You allowed JJ to throw the ball down field a bit against A&M.  Nice, safe throws.  Ran Jovon all game as he got stronger and stronger.

What changed????

On another note, I was texting GF about White during the game.  He apparently knows the full extent of the injuries.  I told him White looked good.  In warm ups, he was moving well and throwing accurate, crisp passes.  When he ran....gimped...hobbled...on the field, I was asking WTF could he possibly be doing in the game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2015, 08:21:57 PM »
It's why I think he's done.

At some point, Gus Malzahn got a brain issue. This current version of Gus would have had started a two-quarterback system halfway through the 2010 season.

"Well, we let Cam do a lot, and we don't want to be have that 'on the road to victory' rhythm. So we're going to let Barrett Trotter play the 3rd quarter."

And that brain issue. The root of it. That's where all this lies.

I almost feel bad for the dude. Something ain't right.

Too much success too soon? Jacobs and his bullshit? Both? Because both of those things can seriously fuck with ones head.

You are right. This is not the the Gus from 2 or 5 years ago. That Gus had fun. That Gus was cool and coached like there was no tomorrow. But now? He's dead inside. Why? That's where we will find our answer I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:25:20 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2015, 08:43:09 PM »
You are right. This is not the the Gus from 2 or 5 years ago. That Gus had fun. That Gus was cool and coached like there was no tomorrow. But now? He's dead inside. Why? That's where we will find our answer I'm afraid.

That Gus also was the hottest thing on the market.  People wanted that Gus.  Maybe this Gus doesn't know how to deal with failure?

But has he always coached like there was no tomorrow?  What game am I describing:  Auburn comes out, first two drives go up and down the field, gets 2 quick scores.  Rest of the game?  We get stuffed.  Manage one fluke touchdown on a pass play.  Sounds like just about every game this year or last year.  It's the 2009 Iron Bowl.  Could also be the 2009 UGA Game.

Maybe Gus is just an ok coach.  Maybe he can script the hell out of the first two drives of a game, but sucks when the defensive coordinator can figure him out?

But like Jumbo said, if he thinks it's hot now, wait until we start the 2016 season 2-3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2015, 08:58:05 PM »
That Gus also was the hottest thing on the market.  People wanted that Gus.  Maybe this Gus doesn't know how to deal with failure?

But has he always coached like there was no tomorrow?  What game am I describing:  Auburn comes out, first two drives go up and down the field, gets 2 quick scores.  Rest of the game?  We get stuffed.  Manage one fluke touchdown on a pass play.  Sounds like just about every game this year or last year.  It's the 2009 Iron Bowl.  Could also be the 2009 UGA Game.

Maybe Gus is just an ok coach.  Maybe he can script the hell out of the first two drives of a game, but sucks when the defensive coordinator can figure him out?

But like Jumbo said, if he thinks it's hot now, wait until we start the 2016 season 2-3.

A ton of questions.  It's definitely changed.  Saturday really got to me. Win or lose, I make the trek to God's country for just about every home game.  Hell, I've been doing that for so many years, I'm used to the roller coaster ride.  But Saturday was so much WTF?  It was like we had slowly built this hint of momentum up over the last few weeks.  There was this cautious optimism that this UGA team ain't all that and we seemed to have figured some things out on offense.  We beat Georgia and handle our business against Idaho...the Iron Bowl could be a lot of damn fun.

Then Saturday happened.   You could have handed my 15 year old a list of plays and he would have called a better game.  And he's only played Upwards Flag Football.  That had nothing to do with the players.  That was not 2012.  These guys are playing their collective asses off.  2012...quit!  That was the brain trust of Gus Malzahn and Rhett Lashlee.  What has changed?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2015, 09:38:54 PM »
A ton of questions.  It's definitely changed.  Saturday really got to me. Win or lose, I make the trek to God's country for just about every home game.  Hell, I've been doing that for so many years, I'm used to the roller coaster ride.  But Saturday was so much WTF?  It was like we had slowly built this hint of momentum up over the last few weeks.  There was this cautious optimism that this UGA team ain't all that and we seemed to have figured some things out on offense.  We beat Georgia and handle our business against Idaho...the Iron Bowl could be a lot of damn fun.

Then Saturday happened.   You could have handed my 15 year old a list of plays and he would have called a better game.  And he's only played Upwards Flag Football.  That had nothing to do with the players.  That was not 2012.  These guys are playing their collective asses off.  2012...quit!  That was the brain trust of Gus Malzahn and Rhett Lashlee.  What has changed?
If Coach Malzahn doesn't get it straightened out, soon, Auburn University will be footing his bill while looking for another HC.
I'm thinking it's something internal. Stuff like that gets around quickly, in the coaching circle...it'll be hard to find a quality Head Coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2015, 01:32:54 AM »
Gus is so fucking cocky that he thinks whatever bullshit he calls is going to work. Not in the sec.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2015, 08:01:22 AM »
Gus is so fucking cocky that he thinks whatever bullshit he calls is going to work. Not in the sec.

2013 called.  Waves hello.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2015, 08:39:17 AM »
Gus said yesterday they put Sean in the game because that was the plan before the game? So we're up 10-3 and running the ball effectively so just because you decided earlier in the week to play two qb's you start passing with an injured qb??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2015, 09:10:14 AM »
Gus said yesterday they put Sean in the game because that was the plan before the game? So we're up 10-3 and running the ball effectively so just because you decided earlier in the week to play two qb's you start passing with an injured qb??

And don't forget, rolling him to the left.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2015, 09:17:58 AM »
And don't forget, rolling him to the left.

Rolling out a gimpy Qb and having him throw across his body while he limps usually works man!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE