Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week Concerned Family 2015

jmar

Re: Thoughts - Week Concerned Family 2015
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2015, 01:12:38 PM »
We would owe Gus a buyout just south of 9M.
So we keep him. He gets a dual purpose triggerman and we can only hope Will hangs around.

That's as good as it gets...for now and the near future, and I hate it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2015, 01:17:22 PM »
So we keep him. He gets a dual purpose triggerman and we can only hope Will hangs around.

What he said... better strap on your big boy pants, cause I don't believe we can afford to fire Gus even next year.  I think we have him until at least the 2017 season, for good or bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2015, 01:33:54 PM »
What he said... better strap on your big boy pants, cause I don't believe we can afford to fire Gus even next year.  I think we have him until at least the 2017 season, for good or bad.

For better or worse.  Til death do us part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2015, 01:35:56 PM »

For one of the few times, you make total sense and I agree. John Franklin III we can only hope will be a resemblence of NM next year.

Buyout is 8.8 now. 6.6 next year, 4.4 the next and so on until 2019. He aint going anywhere. But if he did, that MIGHT...might would be the straw that broke the Jacob's man tits. Someone would have to realize it in a position of power. Does our PTB just have to die off or can someone see the light with this clown?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2015, 01:44:23 PM »
My question still remains, will Rhett be the fall guy for this season and be shown the door? I mean, if we are talking about the same good ol' boy mentality then I'm going to say yes, yes he will.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2015, 02:00:30 PM »
My question still remains, will Rhett be the fall guy for this season and be shown the door? I mean, if we are talking about the same good ol' boy mentality then I'm going to say yes, yes he will.

If he leaves I don't think he will be shown the door, he will be allowed to take another position at whogivesafucku.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2015, 02:08:23 PM »
I dunno I will sign-up to get canned and get a big payout.  Honestly I don't think this is as much of an issue as folks believe.  I do agree though that this year is not the best to be looking for head coaches.

It also causes big-time stability issues.
This is all part of the same problem.

I agree that stability and "the coaching market" are a bigger concern, but it is why you have to consider those factors before you go firing off at the hip about firing your coach. Who can you get that's better? You really want to replace Gus with, say, the Memphis head coach? If so, you just want change for change sake, and that will be a net loss due to the upheaval and instability it causes. Then what happens when the better-than-even chance that he's not "the answer" bears out? The revolving door continues and all you've done is dug the hole deeper.

And again, consider the very real possibility that USC, Oregon, Stanford, Texas, and probably a dozen other schools AT LEAST as "traditional" as us will be hiring their coach. I'm glad you think that highly of Auburn, but I'm here to tell you we are not anyone's first pick in that sea of vacancies, ESPECIALLY once we've earned a reputation for being a destination where promising coaches go to get fired in a few years and have their careers ruined.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2015, 02:14:56 PM »

If he leaves I don't think he will be shown the door, he will be allowed to take another position at whogivesafucku.   

This. I'm thinking that Rhett will get an "offer" somewhere at some small community college team probably in Arkansas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2015, 02:42:53 PM »
I think Gus aspires to be an NFL coach, and is trying to run his offense with pro style players instead of the type of personnel that best fits his system.  He's not far removed from being a high school coach. He's won a championship at both HS and College level, maybe in his mind he wants to be the coach who makes the the read option successful in the NFL. Chip isn't getting it done with the Eagles, maybe Gus thinks he can do it. Or wants to do it. And feels like he has to prove his system can work with big NFL bodies like Jeremy Johnson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2015, 02:52:43 PM »
but I'm here to tell you we are not anyone's first pick in that sea of vacancies, ESPECIALLY once we've earned a reputation for being a destination where promising coaches go to get fired in a few years and have their careers ruined.

don't forget working for Jerry Jones Jay Jacobs of Auburn.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 02:54:34 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2015, 03:00:24 PM »
I'm 57 years old.
Look damnit...we bide our time-2017 is about as long as Saban stays. The recruiting stranglehold will be loosened as well.
  Gus is but a Nick Marshall away from having most of the tough play calling done for him.
And Geez Louise if we find a comparable top flight back we are suddenly golden again. Not that far away and the defense is showing up far better even with an inept offense. We can't help it if Gushlee can't manage QBs.

I just know we want to keep Muschamp and TRob.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2015, 03:01:36 PM »
I think Gus aspires to be an NFL coach, and is trying to run his offense with pro style players instead of the type of personnel that best fits his system.  He's not far removed from being a high school coach. He's won a championship at both HS and College level, maybe in his mind he wants to be the coach who makes the the read option successful in the NFL. Chip isn't getting it done with the Eagles, maybe Gus thinks he can do it. Or wants to do it. And feels like he has to prove his system can work with big NFL bodies like Jeremy Johnson.

Gus would be an epic failure at the pro level. He would get raked over the coals by his players for the shit he has pulled this year in reference to his play calling.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2015, 03:14:08 PM »

Gus would be an epic failure at the pro level. He would get raked over the coals by his players for the shit he has pulled this year in reference to his play calling.
IMO he would be far worse than Chip Kelly w/o control over personnel decisions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2015, 03:24:16 PM »
You people don't know jack squat.  The bubble screen was tailor-made to be successful in the NFL. With the slow corners and LB's they have in that league, a bubble screen would getcha' 20+ every time.  But the key to a good bubble screen is setting it up with a run up the middle on every first down.  It takes an offensive guru (or two) to know when to make these calls.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2015, 03:36:38 PM »
I'm not saying he could be a good pro coach, I'm just offering the possibility that maybe he's been thinking it. I just don't understand why he's trying to win with pro style players when he's never done that before. Maybe he feels compelled to recruit the big guys because he's pressured to do so. I'm just saying that I don't see the smaller, faster players that he's won a shit ton of games with. I see big NFL bodies cluttering up his offense and stumbling around with 3 and outs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2015, 04:00:23 PM »
You people don't know jack squat.  The bubble screen was tailor-made to be successful in the NFL. With the slow corners and LB's they have in that league, a bubble screen would getcha' 20+ every time.  But the key to a good bubble screen is setting it up with a run up the middle on every first down.  It takes an offensive guru (or two) to know when to make these calls.

I met him once, didn't like him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2015, 04:05:59 PM »
I checked. None of those guys made it even close to a championship. So lets not get all hysterical just yet!
SEC or National Championship?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2015, 04:08:23 PM »
The hero we need, not the one we deserve.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2015, 04:30:29 PM »
On basically not playing the back in the second half who averaged 9.5 yards per carry in the first....

"I think (Robinson) got four (carries) in the second half," Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn said Tuesday. "Peyton, we went with him and we've got confidence in both of them. That was our thinking."

On putting in a one-legged QB when you're up 10-3..... (Yes, I think this was posted already)

"We knew we were going to play both quarterbacks," he said. "We made that call before the game and just felt like that was a good time to put him in there. We felt like we had some good opportunities in the passing game. We went three-and-out and it obviously didn't work out, but that was our thought process."

Sooooo....you really can't explain going with Barber over Robinson.  I honestly think he doesn't know why he did it.  And you had already made the decision to play a QB who could barely jog on to the field in his knee brace.  So you played him regardless of the situation.  That was your thought process?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2015, 04:55:57 PM »
It should be noted that the majority of the losses in this treacherous 2015 season have been due to poor playcalling, poor player development, and poor substitutions, all on offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."