Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week Concerned Family 2015

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Thoughts - Week Concerned Family 2015
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2015, 09:25:50 AM »
And don't forget, rolling him to the left.

I had forgotten about that stroke of jeenyus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2015, 10:16:39 AM »
If Coach Malzahn doesn't get it straightened out, soon, Auburn University will be footing his bill while looking for another HC.
I'm thinking it's something internal. Stuff like that gets around quickly, in the coaching circle...it'll be hard to find a quality Head Coach.
This is my concern. This is why I'd much rather Gus get his shit together than this current trajectory of abject failure and showing him the door.

We are quickly becoming the joke of a coaching carousel that Bama was for a decade. At least Stallings had the dignity to retire before the DuBose/Franchione/Price/Shula/Kines laughing stock of instability. For us, you can count firing Tuberville as the beginning of the series of fuckups.

Bama was lucky enough (aren't they always "lucky enough"?) to have a Saban come along and end the embarrassment. Fans of every program in the country just think that that sort of hire that can turn the program around is probable. The fact of the matter is it almost never happens like that, and the more turnover there is, the less likely you are to get anyone remotely qualified to fill the position. USC, Texas, Michigan, etc. would have problems with this right now, and coaches trip over their dicks to coach at "established", "traditional" schools like that. Unfortunately, we ain't one of those. Oh and by the way, on a related note, if we fire Malzahn this year, we stand in line for sure behind USC, and possibly some of those other "power" schools for table scraps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2015, 10:20:01 AM »
This is my concern. This is why I'd much rather Gus get his shit together than this current trajectory of abject failure and showing him the door.

We are quickly becoming the joke of a coaching carousel that Bama was for a decade. At least Stallings had the dignity to retire before the DuBose/Franchione/Price/Shula/Kines laughing stock of instability. For us, you can count firing Tuberville as the beginning of the series of fuckups.

Bama was lucky enough (aren't they always "lucky enough"?) to have a Saban come along and end the embarrassment. Fans of every program in the country just think that that sort of hire that can turn the program around is probable. The fact of the matter is it almost never happens like that, and the more turnover there is, the less likely you are to get anyone remotely qualified to fill the position. USC, Texas, Michigan, etc. would have problems with this right now, and coaches trip over their dicks to coach at "established", "traditional" schools like that. Unfortunately, we ain't one of those. Oh and by the way, on a related note, if we fire Malzahn this year, we stand in line for sure behind USC, and possibly some of those other "power" schools for table scraps.

Not like we have steak and lobster on the table now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2015, 10:34:56 AM »
DuBose/Franchione/Price/Shula/Kines laughing stock of instability. For us, you can count firing Tuberville as the beginning of the series of fuckups.

I checked. None of those guys made it even close to a championship. So lets not get all hysterical just yet!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2015, 10:39:38 AM »
I'm not at the torch and pitchfork stage.  Really want this guy to figure it out.  But, that's what concerns me.  Why does he have to figure anything out? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2015, 10:39:50 AM »
Going to tell y'all people like I tell my employees. 

Don't bring me your problems.  No offense but I really don't give one shit about your problem. 

Bring me the problem and what your best suggestion on how to fix it.  I may reject your advice and do something else entirely but a problem without some ideas on how to fix it isn't s problem at all. It's just you bitching.  Nobody wants to hear that. 

Learned that from an old boss of mine.  It made me think through things before I went to him with an issue.  Made me a better problem solver. 

So. We know what the problems are.  What fixes them?

My first option is to fire Jay Jacobs and remove the smarmy good old boy culture that permeates that office.  We need a strong AD with business acumen and a vision that doesn't ooze cheese and schmaltz. 

The guy hired chizik because of where he went to church.  He's skeevy as all hell. 

Then we need to decide what we want to be.  Because whar we are now is fake.  Every bit of it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 10:45:17 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2015, 10:40:19 AM »

This is a bad year to be looking for a coach.  I'm not getting the feeling that JJ or anybody is putting any heat on Gus right now.  Next year though, he will (and rightfully so) start the year on the hot seat.  I also think Hugh Freeze will be on the hot seat next year.  Epspecially if he loses to MState in two weeks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2015, 10:43:49 AM »

Don't bring me your problems.  No offense but I really don't give one shit about your problem. 

Bring me the problem and what your best suggestion on how to fix it.  I may reject your advice and do something else entirely but a problem without some ideas on how to fix it isn't s problem at all. It's just you bitching.  Nobody wants to hear that. 

Learned that from an old boss of mine.  It made me think through things before I went to him with an issue.  Made me a better problem solver. 

If we could answer that, we'd be getting paid millions a year to coach.

That's the problem IMO.  Coaches are getting paid like rock stars.  If you accept $$$$ from a university, you have to know that they are expecting you to WIN.  If you don't win quickly and consistently, you will be shown the door. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2015, 10:51:49 AM »

The problem is no one knows what the problem is.  We know there is a problem but to solve the problem, we've got to identify the problem.  And that's a problem.

But srsly, the dilemma is figuring out why Gushlee would call a game like he/they did Saturday.  Auburn was better than Georgia.  The defense played the best overall game they've played since Tommy Tuberville left.  The play calling looked like it came from my neighbor down the street coaching his son's pee wee team. Then, putting a one-legged QB in and sitting your hottest back on the bench.  Why?  What changed?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2015, 11:08:41 AM »
From 2009 through 2011 we all bitched because it seemed Gus would go full retard for at least one series in the second half.  In 2015, it appears he only calls well for that one series...usually the first one of the game.  The rest is full retard.

Why is that? 
Does he owe the Gulilly family for some offshore bets he placed? 
Did the REC steal his brain?
Will Batman make it in time to save Robin?
Tune in next Saturday to see Gus save the world for a quarter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2015, 11:19:28 AM »
From 2009 through 2011 we all bitched because it seemed Gus would go full retard for at least one series in the second half.  In 2015, it appears he only calls well for that one series...usually the first one of the game.  The rest is full retard.

Why is that? 

You NEVER go full tard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2015, 11:35:06 AM »

Why is that? 

I get 2009 and 2011. But 2010, 2013 and even 2014 - we had what he needed which was a dual threat effective QB running the read option with LOTS of window dressing, a solid RB, and I dare you to stop it! It worked though for the most part. Something happened in: 2nd half of UGA 2013, 2nd half of FSU 2013, and 2nd half of 2014 A&M. Who knows what.

What is going through this guys head is beyond me. Is it the culture he is working in with Jacobs and his snarmy fuckstick cohorts that constantly breathe down necks and have a "their way or the highway" attitude? Does that put his head in a place that aint straight? Its entirely possible that has worn on him. I know Ive been in work environments before like that and I remember how it felt. It messes with your pysche.  You lose morale, etc etc.

Or is it Lashlee? Or is it the high expectation and Gus drowning in his own success so soon?

Is it all 3? I would venture that it is a combo. He has things on his mind that is affecting his decision making. He looks distant, and tired. We can find similarities between this year and some other games in 2009 and 2011 but it was nothing like this. It was the exception then, not the norm. Now its the norm, game after game after friggin game. And its frustrating.

Im with Kaos....cut the head off and I think you will see a lot of issues go away. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2015, 11:37:09 AM »
The play calling looked like it came from my neighbor down the street coaching his son's pee wee team.

Umm, excuse me sir but don't putting down daddy coach. He could have called a better offense. Its easy, give the ball to your best players and ride it out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2015, 11:37:32 AM »
The problem is no one knows what the problem is.  We know there is a problem but to solve the problem, we've got to identify the problem.  And that's a problem.

But srsly, the dilemma is figuring out why Gushlee would call a game like he/they did Saturday.  Auburn was better than Georgia.  The defense played the best overall game they've played since Tommy Tuberville left.  The play calling looked like it came from my neighbor down the street coaching his son's pee wee team. Then, putting a one-legged QB in and sitting your hottest back on the bench.  Why?  What changed?

The answer is to endure, recruit the best two dual threat QBs money can buy and do the right thing by releasing Johnson, White, Queen et al if they want out.
No need for Gushlee to fuck up any more pro style QBs that might aspire to play beyond college. It's the best for all involved and the quickest remedy.

As a side I want Lashlee gone. We will have a QB running the read option. Don't need Gus' butt buddy collecting pay for whatever they call themselves coordinating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2015, 11:39:08 AM »
and coaches trip over their dicks to coach at "established", "traditional" schools like that. Unfortunately, we ain't one of those. Oh and by the way, on a related note, if we fire Malzahn this year, we stand in line for sure behind USC, and possibly some of those other "power" schools for table scraps.

I keep seeing this concession from Auburn fans.

We ARE one of those traditional, established programs.

No, we aren't USC. But we're right up there.

We're higher than Texas. We're higher than South Carolina, Missouri, and Miami (FL).

We're one of the top programs in the best conference in the country. We sit in the middle of the most fertile recruiting ground in the country. We have the money to spend on whatever we want. We have the most undefeated seasons of any SEC school in the last 25 years. We have a history of winning SEC championships. We've won one and played for two national championships in the past five years. We have three Heisman winners. We have multiple #1 overall draft picks. We as recently as 2009 had one of the highest number of players in the NFL out of the whole country. Two of the top ten overall players in college football history have put on the orange and blue. We're consistently in the top ten of recruiting rankings. We have one of if not the best mascot in the country. We have a passionate fanbase that shows up even when the season is lost. We have one of the loudest stadiums in the country.

The mindset that Auburn cannot compete for the best coaches is completely wrong. We have everything to sell. You want it? You can have it. Don't want to compete with Nick Saban? Then we shouldn't want you anyway.

We hired Chizik for all the wrong reasons. We changed our entire philosophy and atmosphere for all the wrong reasons. We keep acting like Little Brothers when we have no reason to.

I think that's Jay Jacobs biggest issue. The guy has a loser mentality. The lone voice at the airport could not have been more correct when he shouted, "We want a winner not a loser!"

I could go on. I could go on about how a few schools can play muscle ball and NFL-style and win. I could go on about how we were and are one of those schools. About how jet sweeps, bubble screens, and read-options aren't our only options. About how Auburn has never needed to have a dick contest with jumbotrons and recruiting weekends to have success. About how Auburn under Tuberville was a hell of a lot better than we've been the last seven years.

About how I stole this from elsewhere:

So this is Auburn vs our 6 consistent SEC opponents: Bama, Arkansas, UGA, LSU, MSST and Ole Miss.

1996-2007 with 2.5 years Bowden and 9 years Tubbs
Auburn 44-28 against these teams. Won 61% of the time.

2008-2015. 1 year Tubbs, 4 Chizik, 3 Gus (figuring Bama loss)
Auburn 19-29. Won only 40% of the time.

2008-2015 (excluding 2010 and 2013)
Auburn 8-28. Won a mere 22% of the time.

We said the same thing in 2008. That firing Tuberville would be a risk because we weren't sure if we could haul in a top coach and the PTB believed it too. They hired Chizik and dumped us into a landfill.

I think Ole Miss used us as a stepping stool to get out of it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 11:40:40 AM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2015, 11:50:12 AM »

We're higher than Texas. We're higher than South Carolina, Missouri, and Miami (FL).

We're one of the top programs in the best conference in the country. We sit in the middle of the most fertile recruiting ground in the country. We have the money to spend on whatever we want. We have the most undefeated seasons of any SEC school in the last 25 years. We have a history of winning SEC championships. We've won one and played for two national championships in the past five years. We have three Heisman winners. We have multiple #1 overall draft picks. We as recently as 2009 had one of the highest number of players in the NFL out of the whole country. Two of the top ten overall players in college football history have put on the orange and blue. We're consistently in the top ten of recruiting rankings. We have one of if not the best mascot in the country. We have a passionate fanbase that shows up even when the season is lost. We have one of the loudest stadiums in the country.

The mindset that Auburn cannot compete for the best coaches is completely wrong. We have everything to sell. You want it? You can have it. Don't want to compete with Nick Saban? Then we shouldn't want you anyway.

We hired Chizik for all the wrong reasons. We changed our entire philosophy and atmosphere for all the wrong reasons. We keep acting like Little Brothers when we have no reason to.

I think that's Jay Jacobs biggest issue. The guy has a loser mentality. The lone voice at the airport could not have been more correct when he shouted, "We want a winner not a loser!"

I could go on. I could go on about how a few schools can play muscle ball and NFL-style and win. I could go on about how we were and are one of those schools. About how jet sweeps, bubble screens, and read-options aren't our only options. About how Auburn has never needed to have a dick contest with jumbotrons and recruiting weekends to have success. About how Auburn under Tuberville was a hell of a lot better than we've been the last seven years.

We said the same thing in 2008. That firing Tuberville would be a risk because we weren't sure if we could haul in a top coach and the PTB believed it too. They hired Chizik and dumped us into a landfill.

Tubs and Gran can't mismanage this offense to the point it is now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2015, 12:45:23 PM »

I'm just saying, we can't keep pulling the rug out from all of our coaches at the rate we are and expect great coaches to be eager to sign up to be next on the executioner's block.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2015, 12:58:02 PM »
I hate to say it, but we need a coach with the dickhead mentality of saban.  That's what it's going to take to keep the good ole boys from interferring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2015, 01:01:03 PM »
I'm just saying, we can't keep pulling the rug out from all of our coaches at the rate we are and expect great coaches to be eager to sign up to be next on the executioner's block.

Agree entirely. At some point the coaches arent THE problem.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2015, 01:06:35 PM »

I dunno I will sign-up to get canned and get a big payout.  Honestly I don't think this is as much of an issue as folks believe.  I do agree though that this year is not the best to be looking for head coaches.

It also causes big-time stability issues.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 01:15:38 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum