Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week Concerned Family 2015

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Thoughts - Week Concerned Family 2015
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2015, 04:59:20 PM »
My opinion, we should cut ties before it gets even fucking worse...  And Jay Jacobs should be fired based solely on the fact that he approved Malzahn's current buyout.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2015, 05:00:26 PM »
It should be noted that the majority of the losses in this treacherous 2015 season have been due to poor playcalling, poor player development, and poor substitutions, all on offense.

DAMN SKIPPY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2015, 05:17:23 PM »
It should be noted that the majority of the losses in this treacherous 2015 season have been due to poor playcalling, poor player development, and poor substitutions, all on offense.

You don't need a comma before "and".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2015, 06:42:57 PM »
You don't need a comma before "and".
I didn't write it.  I completely stole it from some guy on TigersX.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2015, 08:31:01 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2015, 08:37:21 PM »
My opinion, we should cut ties before it gets even fucking worse...  And Jay Jacobs should be fired based solely on the fact that he approved Malzahn's current buyout.

We should, but we also can't.

Chad has a great point. We can't just fire coaches the moment something looks off. Malzahn will get and deserves another year.

But like you and I think, it's not going to get better. Maybe it will. Hopefully it will. Maybe hopefully not. Maybe this needs to completely destruct like in 2012 and maybe we'll get rid of this shit system. Maybe a 9 win season next season is the worst thing that can happen to us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2015, 09:41:57 PM »

We WERE one of the top programs in the best conference in the country. 

Quite honestly other than the aberrations of 2010 and 2013, we've steadily been sliding into the middle or lower middle of the pack consistently battling Ole Miss, MSU and Arky to stay off the deck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2015, 10:26:08 PM »

Chad has a great point. We can't just fire coaches the moment something looks off. Malzahn will get and deserves another year.

But like you and I think, it's not going to get better. Maybe it will. Hopefully it will. Maybe hopefully not. Maybe this needs to completely destruct like in 2012 and maybe we'll get rid of this shit system. Maybe a 9 win season next season is the worst thing that can happen to us.
As I've said before, once Coach Malzahn gets a Dual Threat QB, he'll be back to his old self. Gimpy and Dufus will be card holders or placekick holders.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2015, 10:39:39 PM »
As I've said before, once Coach Malzahn gets a Dual Threat QB, he'll be back to his old self. Gimpy and Dufus will be card holders or placekick holders.

If Sean White is 100% healthy and our guys can catch 4 out of 10 dropped passes against Arky...we're 7-3 right now..8-3 and ranked in the top 25 going into the Iron Bowl.  But we're not and JJ started against UGA and Malzahn shit the bed.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2015, 03:16:09 AM »
Gus is an asshole listen to that bitches press conference. He's and asshole that doesn't win like saban.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jmar

« Reply #90 on: November 18, 2015, 04:50:20 AM »
Gus is an asshole listen to that bitches press conference. He's and asshole that doesn't win like saban.
Hold on there kid. No need to get hysterical... not yet anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #91 on: November 18, 2015, 08:32:08 AM »
On basically not playing the back in the second half who averaged 9.5 yards per carry in the first....

"I think (Robinson) got four (carries) in the second half," Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn said Tuesday. "Peyton, we went with him and we've got confidence in both of them. That was our thinking."

On putting in a one-legged QB when you're up 10-3..... (Yes, I think this was posted already)

"We knew we were going to play both quarterbacks," he said. "We made that call before the game and just felt like that was a good time to put him in there. We felt like we had some good opportunities in the passing game. We went three-and-out and it obviously didn't work out, but that was our thought process."

Sooooo....you really can't explain going with Barber over Robinson.  I honestly think he doesn't know why he did it.  And you had already made the decision to play a QB who could barely jog on to the field in his knee brace.  So you played him regardless of the situation.  That was your thought process?

He is telling us a lot of "what" there that we already know. People want to know "why".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #92 on: November 18, 2015, 08:37:33 AM »

Chad is right.

And Prowler probably is too in re to the dual threat coming in. Its obvious JJ was a misfire, and anything Gus does is predicated on the QB play. Neither of our QBs are dual threats. When it went to shit first game, the house of cards fell. This season has simply been trying to see if ANYTHING works and tread water until JF III comes in next year. I do think you will see things get better with this type QB.

I understand people are upset, but I think we need to take a deep breath and chillax for a second. As Chad said, we start firing any coach we have the second something isnt all kosher, then we dig our own hole deeper.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #93 on: November 18, 2015, 09:18:53 AM »
Chad is right.

And Prowler probably is too in re to the dual threat coming in. Its obvious JJ was a misfire, and anything Gus does is predicated on the QB play. Neither of our QBs are dual threats. When it went to shit first game, the house of cards fell. This season has simply been trying to see if ANYTHING works and tread water until JF III comes in next year. I do think you will see things get better with this type QB.

I understand people are upset, but I think we need to take a deep breath and chillax for a second. As Chad said, we start firing any coach we have the second something isnt all kosher, then we dig our own hole deeper.

Pretty much agree with all of this except the opinion that our current QBs are lost causes. 

White, when healthy and getting some help from his WRs, is plenty talented to run this offense.

JJ showed flashes of his old/predicted self at A&M.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #94 on: November 18, 2015, 09:41:20 AM »
Pretty much agree with all of this except the opinion that our current QBs are lost causes. 

White, when healthy and getting some help from his WRs, is plenty talented to run this offense.

JJ showed flashes of his old/predicted self at A&M.

I think White is plenty talented. I just think the Offense Gus runs hums best when it has a dual threat. White would be more like Chris Todd + 1 style of O. But we were steamrolling teams with Cam and Nick for the most part. Offensively anyway. 2 or 3 of the best offensive games weve ever had against Bama in their history where with those 2 guys at QB. I would love to get back to that zone read that was unstoppable. With a running QB, we can do it. I just hope JF III is all what they say he is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #95 on: November 18, 2015, 09:44:42 AM »
We're a QB away from being a 1 loss team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #96 on: November 18, 2015, 09:45:19 AM »
]The getting a good QB argument is horse shit. What is usually the first of second pick in the NFL draft?  A fucking quarterback. Look at what Mike Shula is doing with Cam; it's easy to win with a good QB and Gus has failed to get one in the third year of his tenure.

If he knew he needed a dual threat why didn't he recruit for that? Because Gus is a high school coach who only knows how to coach players he's given every year. He doesn't know his identity enough to build a major college football program.  Take a look at how Muschano is actually being succesfull and it's obvious Gus is that same high school coach the bammers said he was.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:47:42 AM by RottenBottom »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

GH2001

« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2015, 09:45:50 AM »
We're a QB away from being a 1 loss team.

Would love to believe that but Ark and OM were on the D. Ya cant give up 1000 yards in 2 games and win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2015, 09:49:15 AM »
Would love to believe that but Ark and OM were on the D. Ya cant give up 1000 yards in 2 games and win.
True. I meant to imply that, if the D were playing at the current level, we would probably only be a 1 loss. Obviously, they've improved steadily. Still, not where they can be.

I'm just saying that with the right QB on this team, as we are playing now and we're in the thick of things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2015, 09:53:45 AM »

Yes. But if you hold onto the ball a bit longer, they don't get the chance to put up those yards. Its a symbiotic relationship.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.