Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week Concerned Family 2015

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Thoughts - Week Concerned Family 2015
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2015, 08:32:11 PM »
Haha

16 1/2 points to Wes for the drops mic reference. Pompano Joe's in da' house.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2015, 08:35:58 PM »
Here's a thought.

Malzahn is a fantastic coordinator.  Proved that. He had ONE FUCKING YEAR of head coaching experience at a mid major before he took this job. 

First year in he coordinated his ass off.  That's all he had to do. 

But that's not what a head coach in the SEC does.  Everything else takes away from it. 

We know he's a good coordinator.  One of the best. But he simply may not be capable of doing that and also running a program. We damn sure had no idea whether he could when he got here. Thanks, Jay. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2015, 08:56:10 PM »
Here's a thought.

Malzahn is a fantastic coordinator.  Proved that. He had ONE FUCKING YEAR of head coaching experience at a mid major before he took this job. 

But that's not what a head coach in the SEC does.  Everything else takes away from it. 

We know he's a good coordinator.  One of the best. But he simply may not be capable of doing that and also running a program. We damn sure had no idea whether he could when he got here. Thanks, Jay.

So, the question becomes....what changed?  He still had to be the Head Corch that whole year too, right?  Nobody said, "You just concentrate on the offense and we'll take care of the rest".  Look, he's done all the right things on the outside. Did anyone question coming in to this year that he assembled one of the best coaching staffs in all of college football? Hell no!  Garner.  Craig.  Thompson. MUSCHAMP!!! 

I have no idea what the answer is.  From my arm-chair QB perspective, the whole thing looks simple.  3 things.

1. Change the weight room philosophy for your interior linemen on both sides of the ball.  ASS MOVES MASS.  The rest is fine.

2. Keep the faith that the D under Muschamp will continue to improve.  It is.  It will continue.

3. Trust your damn instincts as an offensive coordinator.  Don't back off.  Balls to the wall. Run what you know. Regardless of the QB.  You've adjusted a dozen time but the overall philosophy remains the same. Adjust to your QB's strengths and weaknesses and run your O...fast and furious.  That's what we hired! That's what we expect!!!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:59:13 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2015, 11:31:35 PM »
Here's a thought.

Same with Coach Chizik and Coach Strong at Texas. Some coaches are just great coordinators, but bad Head Coaches.
I want to see if Coach Malzahn continues with this type of offense next season when we bring in two dual threat QBs in HS QB Woody Barrett & JUCO QB JF3. If he moves JF3 to WR, like he did with JUCO QB Jason Smith, then that tells me that he doesn't give a fuck about having a successful season in the SEC and he'll be let go at the end of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2015, 11:56:33 PM »
So, the question becomes....what changed?  He still had to be the Head Corch that whole year too, right?  Nobody said, "You just concentrate on the offense and we'll take care of the rest".  Look, he's done all the right things on the outside. Did anyone question coming in to this year that he assembled one of the best coaching staffs in all of college football? Hell no!  Garner.  Craig.  Thompson. MUSCHAMP!!! 

I have no idea what the answer is.  From my arm-chair QB perspective, the whole thing looks simple.  3 things.

1. Change the weight room philosophy for your interior linemen on both sides of the ball.  ASS MOVES MASS.  The rest is fine.

2. Keep the faith that the D under Muschamp will continue to improve.  It is.  It will continue.

3. Trust your damn instincts as an offensive coordinator.  Don't back off.  Balls to the wall. Run what you know. Regardless of the QB.  You've adjusted a dozen time but the overall philosophy remains the same. Adjust to your QB's strengths and weaknesses and run your O...fast and furious.  That's what we hired! That's what we expect!!!

Couple of things changed. 

First year it was all new.  Whirlwind even.   Ever hired somebody who came in, worked their ass off and then struggled to maintain the momentum they started?  I've BEEN that guy. Come in with your ass on fire, everything you touch works and you're the golden boy. Then you fuck something up, the whispers start and you start questioning yourself. It ends in flameout far too often. 

The first year was all new.  He didn't have the year-round recruiting, the pressures of the off-season.  When you're the OC you can go home except when you're recruiting.  When you're the HC at Western Arkansas A&T you can go fishing after practice and decompress.  This is a different atmosphere (for all of them). It's 24/7 scrutiny. 

Like Bowden, he set an impossible standard his first year in.  If we reversed the order and this was Year One, we'd all be okay with it.  It's not. 

In every game he's ever coached, there's been a lull where he thought too hard, tinkered with things that didn't need tinkering, fiddlefucked around.  I still remember when Chizik was there the first year and Ben Tate was sitting on the sidelines riding a bike.  Can't recall now what game it was, but Tate was just over there.  Nobody even knew.  Chizik had no idea.  Gus was running Mario Fannin instead if memory serves.  Just random shit like that. 

How long did it take him to settle on Tre Mason? 

We crucified Chizik for 2012, but doesn't anybody remember 2011 WITH Gus there?  Full fucktard against Utah State.  The mysterious loss at Clemson when the offense couldn't get its head out of its ass.  Retardo shell in a win over South Carolina. Ass beatings against Arkansas, LSU, Georgia and Alabama as the Frazier, Trotter, Moseley circus went into full fetal position. 

Maybe Trotter wasn't that bad a QB.  Maybe Frazier wasn't -- looks a HELL of a lot like Jeremy Johnson IMO. 

Gus shouldn't get a pass for 2011.  The fucking arc for him is almost exactly like it was when he was with Chizik.   Maybe that's all he's got?  One good year and then some shitbaggery?  What if Houston Nutt was right?  What if Chizik was?  Both got torpedoed in Gus fallout.  What if they were right to put reins on him and try to build the program? 

There came a point last season -- and I think it was probably somewhere during the Mississippi State clusterfuck -- where he looked over his shoulder and got scared to lose.  We have not played worth a shit against ANYBODY except Alabama since that game. 

He got scared that people were right, that his offense couldn't win consistently, that he was putting too much pressure on the defense. Something? Anything? I don't know.

I honestly don't think he can take the pressure of being a head coach in the SEC.  His ability to draw plays in the dirt and X and O people to death is limited -- make that almost nonexistent -- given the other tasks he has to handle.  And Lashlee doesn't know dick.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2015, 08:30:48 AM »

#3 is probably 90% of it dude. Its a Gus Head Issue. And for many of the things Kaos just pointed out above. The pressure....the pressure of the 24/7 shit and working for a Chump Executive Officer. I do believe its affecting him as a play caller and HC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2015, 08:58:19 AM »
Bitches:
If you've ever owned a jalopy, maybe you'll relate to this. You can fix busted lights, add chrome to the engine, bondo the dents and run high octane gas. But until you have the transmission rebuilt, it will still slip going up a hill. Won't ride worf a diddly bop.

QB is our transmission.When it gets fixed, we are smooth.

Hopefully, JUCO dude is the answer.

Unless JJ or White miraculously develop touch and speed, I don't see it happening with either of them.

A healthy White, maybe.  But JJ? I can't see. Maybe as an ASU Hornet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2015, 08:58:45 AM »
It warrants saying...
Nothing specific has been mentioned on Jacobs other than he's arrogant,  grants raises that result in extreme buyouts along with the monster board erected. One would assume the monetary decisions are subject to approval by the PTB. We don't have to love him. And I haven't read one thing to make me think he is being counterproductive to Gus Malzahn's success as the Auburn HC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2015, 09:10:19 AM »
It warrants saying...
Nothing specific has been mentioned on Jacobs other than he's arrogant,  grants raises that result in extreme buyouts along with the monster board erected. One would assume the monetary decisions are subject to approval by the PTB. We don't have to love him. And I haven't read one thing to make me think he is being counterproductive to Gus Malzahn's success as the Auburn HC.

You haven't seen him smarming on the sidelines.  The man oozes cheese.  He's dumber than a load of topsoil.  He's a rube.  You can put a rube in expensive suits and get him all the hair product out there.  He's still a rube. 

Jacobs is the problem. He's unprofessional. He's in love with the sound of his own voice. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2015, 09:14:23 AM »
Speaking of buyouts, Les Miles has a 15 million dollar buyout.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2015, 09:20:24 AM »
Speaking of buyouts, Les Miles has a 15 million dollar buyout.

Yes but they aren't paying 5 deep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #131 on: November 19, 2015, 09:38:17 AM »
Bitches:
If you've ever owned a jalopy, maybe you'll relate to this. You can fix busted lights, add chrome to the engine, bondo the dents and run high octane gas. But until you have the transmission rebuilt, it will still slip going up a hill. Won't ride worf a diddly bop.

QB is our transmission.When it gets fixed, we are smooth.

Hopefully, JUCO dude is the answer.

Unless JJ or White miraculously develop touch and speed, I don't see it happening with either of them.

A healthy White, maybe.  But JJ? I can't see. Maybe as an ASU Hornet.
We can and do run the ball fairly well at times only to get a shitty negative play we can't overcome. Agree with Prowler that we need a dual threat QB, actually two.
This allows us to move the chains, run pace or run clock. It should also increase our chances to score TDs in the redzone.
Snag's brought up Chris Todd and Im now thinking that he was so attuned to this offense it allowed for him to do some tweaking on the field that younger less experienced QBs don't recognize or are afraid to attempt...incl. Trotter et al.

That said...one has to wonder what must be going through Malzahn's mind; after all, this is the father of the HUNH and he can't get out of his own way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #132 on: November 19, 2015, 10:00:58 AM »
You haven't seen him smarming on the sidelines.  The man oozes cheese.  He's dumber than a load of topsoil.  He's a rube.  You can put a rube in expensive suits and get him all the hair product out there.  He's still a rube. 

Jacobs is the problem. He's unprofessional. He's in love with the sound of his own voice.
You keep this up and 70 something Patrick Fain Dye will get wind of this, crawl in his pickup, leave the tree farm in Notasuga and hunt you down intent on whooping that ass for soiling his boys name.
A younger Dye would steal your woman too just for shits and giggles.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #133 on: November 19, 2015, 10:10:25 AM »
It warrants saying...

You are obviously very lacking on eyesight and info if you don't think jacobs and his cohorts/ptb have (and ever have had in the past) any effect on a coach's performance or pysche. Even before Jacobs it went on (see Jetgate). It has an effect. It takes a special coach to be at both Auburn and Alabama with the shit that goes on and the pressure. Like K said, thats one thing Saban did was relegate their PTB to a supporting cast role and get everyone on the same place. He runs that place.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 10:13:22 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #134 on: November 19, 2015, 11:35:21 AM »
You are obviously very lacking on eyesight and info if you don't think jacobs and his cohorts/ptb have (and ever have had in the past) any effect on a coach's performance or pysche. Even before Jacobs it went on (see Jetgate). It has an effect. It takes a special coach to be at both Auburn and Alabama with the shit that goes on and the pressure. Like K said, thats one thing Saban did was relegate their PTB to a supporting cast role and get everyone on the same place. He runs that place.
I would be shocked if the rube in a suit wasn't an arrogant fuck. But it still does nothing to prove that he's meddling where he isn't wanted or fails to deliver what is needed to succeed.
"Do your job" is the Alabama mantra. And stay out of my way is understood to follow with regards to Saban. But they stepped in it repeatedly on the way to landing him and he had built up enough clout to seize that kind of control.
Coach Dye gained the title of AD which was instrumental to build a program and compete on equal footing up to the level of others of that era including Alabama. We were embarrassed.
Several missteps and  into Tuberville's tenure we have a failed coup attempt with Jetgate. If Auburn doesn't pull that shit might another school have tried? Maybe, but Auburn beat them to it. Is it harder to coach at Texas? We assume so. Oklahoma State? Hardly. Tennessee? Looks like it.
IDK...the events that have shaped Auburn do not necessarily have to define it as a bad Head Coaching destination. It isn't. There are over 4 million plus reasons that it is better than all but a select few. Still a tough job.
Hard to be a consistent winner. That's been proven. The location versus the competition is demanding in and of itself. Then there's the hierarchy which most of us are truly unaware. Someone tell me what they do to hinder our football program. Seriously, I want to know. I hang up and lissen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #135 on: November 19, 2015, 01:39:47 PM »
Someone tell me what they do to hinder our football program. Seriously, I want to know. I hang up and lissen.

Asked. Answered. Boom.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #136 on: November 19, 2015, 05:39:23 PM »

Asked. Answered. Boom.

I still think he's the biggest bull dyke in the state of Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #137 on: November 20, 2015, 08:18:52 AM »

Asked. Answered. Boom.

Every decision, motive, move made, dollar spent....about him and self promotion. Auburn is his vehicle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #138 on: November 20, 2015, 09:18:46 AM »
Ok. He is a puffed up self aggrandized carnival barker.
But we aren't losing football games due to his presence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #139 on: November 20, 2015, 09:28:45 AM »
Ok. He is a puffed up self aggrandized carnival barker.
But we aren't losing football games due to his presence.

I contend that we are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions