Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts Cancelled

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Thoughts Cancelled
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2015, 11:44:26 AM »
I don't think anyone on here is less of a "fan" for doing it. We all pick things apart. I do think it's counterproductive at this time.

I think the staff is scrambling an doing the best they can. It's Gus' ultimate responsibility to get it done.

But in the end, what does it help to throw dirt on him right now? We have a lot invested in him and if he doesn't work out, where do we go?

I like the idea of hiring a guy, giving him all of the support you can to help him be successful and stay out of his way. Let him do his job. Not turn a blind eye but not looking over his shoulder all day either. Taking snapshots isn't as clear of a picture as a full album of work.

We don't look great right now. If Gus doesn't improve this season and first part of next, then start talking about changing the HC. Saying that now is totally ridiculous, IMO.

There's a big fucking difference between "picking things apart" and discussing the things that happened and what was going on with a couple of negative fucking nancy's in the first part of the gameday thread. 

I'm all for airing concerns and issues.  I'm not one to shy away from that at all.  I'm completely on board with being unhappy with the state of things and frustrated that it doesn't seem to be getting better.

But some of the shit I saw in the gameday early on made me ashamed.  It was disgraceful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2015, 11:48:41 AM »
With Gus opening up the qb battle again I'm thinking JJ starts against Kentucky. If that happens we could go 4-8 or 6-6 and be bowling in the Ham'.

To be explaining? 

Why would you open up a "battle" to determine who is going to hand off the ball? 

Let me just say this and then I will shut up:

Sean White may be the future.  I don't think he's the present.  He may be good enough, but it's clear that the braintrustfart of Lashlee/Malzahn doesn't trust him enough to play the game. 

Johnson -- if he gets his head out of his ass -- gives us the best opportunity to compete with A&M, Ole Miss, UGA and Bama.   

He gives us a threat running the ball that will give Barber more room.  When the fake is never real, the lanes are going to be clogged. 

If he can get his emotions under control and stop pressing, he can make the throws.  We've seen it.  If he can hit some intermediate throws (and we can stop this fucking aggravating screen/bomb/screen pattern and use the entire motherfucking field) that gets the LBs back a step and keeps the safeties from flying to the ball.  That gives the running game a chance to dominate. 

Maybe the benching took his head out of his ass.  Maybe this two-week rest will give them time to unfuck him. 

As sick as this has all made me, I've looked back at it, I've studied it.  I don't think we're nearly as far away as we may think.   We just need something to click.  When it does, I believe we can start to pile up the yards and the points again.  And when that happens?  The defense will suddenly be holding opponents to 300 or less. 

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 12:13:52 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2015, 12:20:53 PM »
There's a big fucking difference between "picking things apart" and discussing the things that happened and what was going on with a couple of negative fucking nancy's in the first part of the gameday thread. 

I'm all for airing concerns and issues.  I'm not one to shy away from that at all.  I'm completely on board with being unhappy with the state of things and frustrated that it doesn't seem to be getting better.

But some of the shit I saw in the gameday early on made me ashamed.  It was disgraceful.
Talk of any kind like that doesn't bother me much. Sometimes, yes but not often. I think I care less about what anyone else has to say than they care about what I say.

That's 100% of the time on here.

Bitch, moan, gripe and call plays. All for it.

I participate too. And if I couldn't see any improvement, I would be more impatient too. But I do see it. Sorry if others can't and I don't want to argue the matter.

It's there whether real or perceived with me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2015, 12:36:09 PM »
I don't hammer the players. Open season on paid professionals though. If Jughead hires you, I trust that you will deliver.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2015, 12:41:45 PM »
Forgot to add though, in my earlier post, that I do think jmar should be banned. I've considered it a few times and just couldn't pull the trigger. But I'm giving the go ahead now.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2015, 12:53:30 PM »
You mean like the 9 million dollar buyout.

:fail:
Well, if you call 9 mil a significant investment, I guess so.

I was talking more about all of the time, Gus Bus signs, visors and the F-150.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2015, 12:55:41 PM »
Forgot to add though, in my earlier post, that I do think jmar should be banned. I've considered it a few times and just couldn't pull the trigger. But I'm giving the go ahead now.
You would rob me of my favorite venue to vent on the inadequacies of my team, our team. You would deprive me of reveling in the glory we experience every 4 or 5 years.

So hurtful.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2015, 12:58:31 PM »
You would rob me of my favorite venue to vent on the inadequacies of my team, our team. You would deprive me of reveling in the glory we experience every 4 or 5 years.

So hurtful.
I have to make tough decisions sometimes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2015, 01:06:30 PM »

Here or on the field?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

jmar

« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2015, 01:26:11 PM »

Here or on the field?
It does me no good to reexperience the misery.
I was my usual half drunk self so I was only half a disgrace.

#winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2015, 01:51:35 PM »

- WRs that cant get seperation and being unable to go vertical after 14 straight successful rushing attempts.

Herein lies a big issue with that. I noticed it last year too. We are supposedly a running team. And after 14 consecutive handoffs, we drop back instead of play action?

I don't get it. Maybe CGM/RL gets it. I don't.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2015, 02:00:05 PM »
It does me no good to reexperience the misery.
I was my usual half drunk self so I was only half a disgrace.

#winning

I had no beer during the game. (That didn't help)  :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2015, 02:38:21 PM »
As sick as this has all made me, I've looked back at it, I've studied it.  I don't think we're nearly as far away as we may think.   We just need something to click.  When it does, I believe we can start to pile up the yards and the points again.  And when that happens?  The defense will suddenly be holding opponents to 300 or less.

This part.....is where I am.

I feel like were a V8 running on 7 cyclinders right now. It isnt pretty. It isnt fast. Its still beating the smaller POS cars (not by much), treading water and you know something is not quite "clicking" 100%. But when it does, it will be good. Gus is trying to figure all that out at the moment. He does consistently reference rhythm and needing to getting into a groove. I know the dude is trying, and I don't think were that far off either. We just have to find whatever "it" is that gets us clicking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2015, 03:15:14 PM »
As mentioned before by many, the play calling is off for whatever reason. Part of me think its just Lashlee not trusting some of the players. By the way, I have noticed Gus getting really pissed at Rhett for some of the play calls which tells me that Gus is letting Rhett have more control. Maybe thats part of the problem. Also like WE!!! mentioned, some of the players are not putting in 100%. Duke is slacking on his route running big time. Not sure if there is some locker room bs going on or what. If that be the case, sit Duke. There was some of that going on with the defense but it looks like Muschamp may have fixed that a little bit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2015, 03:18:56 PM »
Duke is smart enough to know that the NFL folks are watching this shit right? Any sign of redflags and your draft stock will tumble. Ask Randy Gregory or La'el Collins this past April. He has to understand he is playing himself right out of the first round and further if he keeps this up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2015, 03:29:08 PM »
Duke is smart enough to know that the NFL folks are watching this shit right? Any sign of redflags and your draft stock will tumble. Ask Randy Gregory or La'el Collins this past April. He has to understand he is playing himself right out of the first round and further if he keeps this up.

It's like I think it and you type it before I can type it.  It doesn't make sense to half ass it out there when scouts are breaking down every single play.  It's weird, though.  Because there have been several times out there when Duke was leading the way and fighting like hell to stay on his block, successfully I might add.  But to take plays off....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2015, 04:09:20 PM »
It's like I think it and you type it before I can type it.  It doesn't make sense to half ass it out there when scouts are breaking down every single play.  It's weird, though.  Because there have been several times out there when Duke was leading the way and fighting like hell to stay on his block, successfully I might add.  But to take plays off....
His idols or those that HE grew up watching were prima dona's so he has that going against him. It doesn't help matters that Malzahn is running HUNH 099 at a crawl. All receivers should want their touches but Gus isn't going to let it happen till he proves his point I'm guessing. There is just a breakdown somewhere on too many plays in order to execute... which in turn fouls up the play calls that would follow. I know he's trying to get it fixed and I'm interested to see how he gets it done. At the present, it's damn ugly!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2015, 05:32:13 PM »
To be explaining? 

Why would you open up a "battle" to determine who is going to hand off the ball? 

Let me just say this and then I will shut up:

Sean White may be the future.  I don't think he's the present.  He may be good enough, but it's clear that the braintrustfart of Lashlee/Malzahn doesn't trust him enough to play the game. 

Johnson -- if he gets his head out of his ass -- gives us the best opportunity to compete with A&M, Ole Miss, UGA and Bama.   

He gives us a threat running the ball that will give Barber more room.  When the fake is never real, the lanes are going to be clogged. 

If he can get his emotions under control and stop pressing, he can make the throws.  We've seen it.  If he can hit some intermediate throws (and we can stop this fucking aggravating screen/bomb/screen pattern and use the entire motherfucking field) that gets the LBs back a step and keeps the safeties from flying to the ball.  That gives the running game a chance to dominate. 

Maybe the benching took his head out of his ass.  Maybe this two-week rest will give them time to unfuck him. 

Only thing in all of this I don't buy is the part about JJ giving us a running threat. Actually, white boy looks quicker. I think JJ is sub 4.6 and White in the same zip code. But it takes JJ a hell of a lot longer to get to 5th gear than White. And those first 2 or 3 yards are the most crucial.

We have grown accustomed to only needing a little daylight for Nick or Cam. We actually need a lot more space for these guys to be much of a run threat. I agree with the clamoring for Jason Smith or maybe more Carey On.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 05:34:59 PM by WiregrassTiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2015, 05:47:35 PM »
Only thing in all of this I don't buy is the part about JJ giving us a running threat. Actually, white boy looks quicker. I think JJ is sub 4.6 and White I'm the same zip code. But it takes JJ a hell of a lot longer to get to 5th gear than White. And those first 2 or 3 yards are the most crucial.

We have grown accustomed to only needing a little daylight for Nick or Cam. We actually need a lot more space for these guys to be much of a run threat. I agree with the clamoring for Jason Smith or maybe more Carey On.
IMO when Gus gets this offensive line executing better (we only hope) we will get to open the offense up to full bore. I'm not opposed to running QBs, I've just prayed for Auburn to have a legitimate passer for four decades and would like to be able to recruit as such. Campbell and Newton fit the bill and those were pretty strong offenses overall. Haven't seen Smith throw a ball and I don't care to see Kerryon throw it. He would be slotted for corner had he gone to the Turds. But for all I know Smith can toss it around like Pat White (one that got away) so that might be an option. I say put Smith out there NOW as the wildcat QB. And leave him in there if the team responds. What could it hurt? Most of us are only hoping to have a chance to visit Birmingham.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 05:50:28 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2015, 10:04:16 PM »
personally, I think the X should close on game days.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions