Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Movin' On Up

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Movin' On Up
« on: October 06, 2015, 10:57:14 PM »
Some player reaction from the Duke dismissal.  Gloss over the comments of The Duke of Dumbass Coachspeak, from Gus Malzahn.  The other quotes give a glimmer of hope that it's time to get excited about stepping up.  al's dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth..  You already know what it is...silento.

In the 24 hours since the dismissal of D'haquille Williams, members of Auburn's football team have wished their former teammate well as they move forward without the troubled wide receiver.

"We have all reached out to Duke," said senior and offensive captain Jonathan Wallace. "We wish the best for him. It's kind of unfortunate it happened, but you got to draw the line somewhere. We move forward, everybody is handling it the right way."

Williams was booted by Tigers head coach Gus Malzahn Monday night after an undisclosed incident, his third strike with the program. He was previously suspended for the Outback Bowl in January and missed the first six days of fall camp in August while dealing with what Malzahn called a "discipline issue."

RELATED: Williams will not continue school at Auburn

When asked how his players reacted to his decision to let Williams go, Malzahn praised his team's ability to come together in the face of adversity.

"We've got a really close team and they responded really well to practice," Malzahn said. "This is a team, and this is a strong team.  We've got good leaders moving forward. There was great energy in practice today and the guys responded extremely well."

Senior cornerback Jonathan Jones, who also spoke to the media Tuesday night, said the Tigers (3-2, 0-2 SEC) are staying positive in their bye week as they prepare to face Kentucky (4-1, 2-1) next week.

"You want to try to keep all distractions out of the way and try to stay positive as a team," Jones said. "That was unfortunate, but as a team we got to come together and continue on. We still have the season to continue, continue these games and finish out and play.

"I personally have reached out to (Williams.) But at the end of the day, it's all personal. I hope him the best. It's not the end of the road for him — I hope not — I hope him the best."

Auburn has struggled in the passing game through the first five games of the season, as quarterbacks Jeremy Johnson and Sean White have combined for 769 yards, five touchdowns and seven interceptions. Williams ranked third on the team in receiving yards, catching just 12 passes for 147 yards and one touchdown.

Wallace said the receiving corps, led by senior Ricardo Louis, feels a renewed sense of urgency with Williams out of the picture.

"Lot of young guys excited about stepping up, and got that opportunity today," he said. "We had a really good practice, lot of guys laying out for balls, making crazy catches. It was really exciting to see. It was a good start."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Movin' On Up
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 12:08:53 AM »
Lot of young guys excited about stepping up, and got that opportunity today," he said. "We had a really good practice, lot of guys laying out for balls, making crazy catches. It was really exciting to see. It was a good start."

I LOL as I picture WRs jumping and laying out for the ball against UK, on run plays!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Movin' On Up
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 12:39:18 AM »
I LOL as I picture WRs jumping and laying out for the ball against UK, on run plays!

Depends on who's starting.  We might fumble a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.