Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts Cancelled

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Thoughts Cancelled
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 09:36:41 AM »
I would have liked to see more passing from our inexperience QB.

Gus refuses to name a QB1 for UK says we will be week to week.
Me too, BUT--considering that SJSU is one of the worst defenses against the run and that we desperately needed this win; I completely understand and agree with the game plan. 10 passes may even be more than I would've attempted with a fresh qb in his second college game ever.

Defense gave up a lot of yards but we forced turnovers. I don't recall, what 4? That's pretty sporty.

Bottom line is, we can choose to look at it however we want. It's not beautiful but it's a damn sight better than I saw earlier in the year.

And see, even though I'm a lot younger than most of the old farts on here, from a young age I remember Jack Crowe calling plays and when Doug Barfield was the HC. Maybe that provides a perspective that the doom and gloomers are incapable of understanding.

We will make a bowl game--WT said this again on 10/5/2015. Bank it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 10:02:57 AM »
I was wrong about "fix the QB; fix the problem". There are so many fucking problems on this team I don't know where to start. I went to the game on Saturday, and believe me when I say that when you see them in person, it looks a lot worse.

1. Auburn is SOFT. Both the OL and DL look horrible. There was absolutely ZERO push from either group. I don't understand how the DL can get pushed back by SJSU and the OL can't push SJSU line back. It's truly like both groups would stand up and lean on the opposition. It was embarrassing to watch.

2. Why does our running game suck? Does Auburn have to have a superb athlete at the QB position to move the ball. Last year we had more rushing yards against this team than we had total yards this year. I looked up late in the second quarter and AUburn had less than 100 yards total offense and less than 50 yards on the ground...against SJSU.By the way...AIr Force rushed the ball for 400+ this year on this team. Auburn...234.

3. What the hell happened to the HUNH? Why does Gus substitute after every play? It kills momentum and it makes no sense.

4. Why the fuck does Gus not have anymore imagination in the passing game? Auburn threw 10 passes. For the most part, the passes are screens or a deep bomb. Of the 108 yards of passing, I am pretty sure that close to 80 came on the scrren to Roc early, and the long pass to Ricardo late. There rest...a whopping 20 yards in passing. I didn't see ONE FUCKING PASS play Saturday where Sean didn't know who he was throwing it to the minute the play was called. Not only that, but he didn't even have a choice but to know. The play consisted of ONE FUCKING OPTION....someone streaking down the field...

5. I will be shocked if we beat anyone in the SECW from what I saw Saturday. Maybe Kentucky...Maybe.

For those thinking this game was an improvement? Nope. This team was very lucky to win. If not for the turnovers, Auburn would have gotten beat. They damn sure got outplayed.

I am not sure what is going on, but it is embarrassing to watch. And if Gus continues to put this bullshit out on the field, he can go back to HS coaching for all I care...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2015, 10:52:19 AM »
I was wrong about "fix the QB; fix the problem". There are so many fucking problems on this team I don't know where to start. I went to the game on Saturday, and believe me when I say that when you see them in person, it looks a lot worse.

1. Auburn is SOFT. Both the OL and DL look horrible. There was absolutely ZERO push from either group. I don't understand how the DL can get pushed back by SJSU and the OL can't push SJSU line back. It's truly like both groups would stand up and lean on the opposition. It was embarrassing to watch.

2. Why does our running game suck? Does Auburn have to have a superb athlete at the QB position to move the ball. Last year we had more rushing yards against this team than we had total yards this year. I looked up late in the second quarter and AUburn had less than 100 yards total offense and less than 50 yards on the ground...against SJSU.By the way...AIr Force rushed the ball for 400+ this year on this team. Auburn...234.

3. What the hell happened to the HUNH? Why does Gus substitute after every play? It kills momentum and it makes no sense.

4. Why the fuck does Gus not have anymore imagination in the passing game? Auburn threw 10 passes. For the most part, the passes are screens or a deep bomb. Of the 108 yards of passing, I am pretty sure that close to 80 came on the scrren to Roc early, and the long pass to Ricardo late. There rest...a whopping 20 yards in passing. I didn't see ONE FUCKING PASS play Saturday where Sean didn't know who he was throwing it to the minute the play was called. Not only that, but he didn't even have a choice but to know. The play consisted of ONE FUCKING OPTION....someone streaking down the field...

5. I will be shocked if we beat anyone in the SECW from what I saw Saturday. Maybe Kentucky...Maybe.

For those thinking this game was an improvement? Nope. This team was very lucky to win. If not for the turnovers, Auburn would have gotten beat. They damn sure got outplayed.

I am not sure what is going on, but it is embarrassing to watch. And if Gus continues to put this bullshit out on the field, he can go back to HS coaching for all I care...

Now that I'm feeling better, I was going to come write up some "thoughts," but WE!!! said it all.

Also, this is again concerning:

"I thought he competed; he did some good things," Malzahn said. "We'll take this thing week-to-week like we've been doing it. We're starting to kind of get good answers to the questions that we needed."

White was hogtied by the play calls. He had what, 10 pass attempts? One pass that actually went down field? But we're still open to playing Jeremy Johnson. Great.

Something is obviously up with this team. It's awful. Completely devoid of talent and technique, which doesn't make any sense as our recruiting has been up.

What I don't understand is why we would ever continue to play guys that are giving little effort. Anyone else notice that Duke Williams does jack shit on just about every play? The amount of loafing the guy does is embarrassing. I understand that he's probably frustrated about our passing game, but if he's already mailed it in, at least put in a guy that will go out and make a block.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2015, 10:58:27 AM »
I have an idea. We should form a search committe with Sully and Bo. Maybe Mac Crawford too. Let them recommend based on interviews after we can Gus.

Maybe they'll hire one of the hottest offensive guys in football and then he can get a big name DC to straighten all this mess out overnight.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2015, 10:59:27 AM »

Disagree with you on this.  Unlike Jacksonville State, we were never in danger of losing this game.  I don't think we were "lucky" to win.

My biggest take-away again was that I would have much rather seen us work on a passing game that has been dismal. To allow Sean to get more comfortable and have a shot, we are going to have to win games by passing the ball.

Totally agree with your OL and DL comments we are getting no push in either direction.  We will be beaten by any team with a good to great running back. The reason defense looked better against MSU was because they choose not to run on us.  At this current point I am giving us wins over UK and Idaho, the rest are who knows.

IMO the only way this team will win is if we get up on the opposing team early and force them to pass.  However, I have yet to see them do that.  I'm not dooming and glooming, I am hopeful actually. Non of the SEC bigs are unbeatable this year, meaning I believe we have a shot in every game.  However, we need some serious changes in our mental and physical aspects of our game and I'm not sure those can be adjusted at this point.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:01:07 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2015, 11:03:09 AM »

Most all of us think this, you say it.

Some will say your not a "real" fan. :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2015, 11:09:15 AM »
I will add this... "part of fix the QB fix the problem" still does hold true.  Problem is we haven't fixed the QB yet. 

I think Sean is certainly better than JJ but he has only been the man for 2 games.  He hasn't had the reps with the first team offense. That is really why I wanted to see us pass the ball more against SJS.  Yes I get that our running game was working and kudos to Barber for pretty much winning us every game this year we have won.  However, our ability to do anything on offense all begins and ends with the QB IMO.

With out the "threat" of a passing game SEC defenses are just going to line up and dare us to throw.  We know what happens to one dimensional offense in the SEC. 

I am pretty much resigned to the fact that we have no defense this year.  We are not going to win on defense.  We have to outscore the other opponent to win.  In order to do that we are going to need to be crisp on the offensive side of the ball in both running and passing, and we have yet to do that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 11:09:45 AM »
This is one big shit sandwich.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 11:11:20 AM »

Well there is a difference between just saying "we suck" and actually contributing to why we suck with discussion on the board.

and he actually isn't a real fan.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:13:18 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 11:14:27 AM »

You seem to wallow in it 24/7 more than think it.

There are a few concerns though:

- As WE put it, both lines being "soft" worry me more than anything. Esp the DL. No pass rush against the likes of JSU and SJSU scare the shit out of me. 

- WRs that cant get seperation and being unable to go vertical after 14 straight successful rushing attempts.

- A lot of the playcalling. Maybe there is a method to the madness. Maybe they are trying things we dont know about. Who knows...but it is bewildering at times.

- Duke...WTF?

- Why isnt Barber the solidified starter already? Same with White. Until either fucks up royally ala JJ, they should be the starters...period.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:18:00 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2015, 11:16:21 AM »
Disagree with you on this.  Unlike Jacksonville State, we were never in danger of losing this game.  I don't think we were "lucky" to win.

Because of SJSU turnovers. They punted fucking once...

If SJSU had punted and made Auburn score 5 TD's on a long field, I am not sure it would have happened...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:19:53 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2015, 11:20:48 AM »
Because of SJSU turnovers. They punted fucking once...

If SJSU had punted and made Auburn score 5 TD's on a long field, I am not sure it would have happened...

Yeah but we still created those turnovers.  That isn't really luck. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2015, 11:21:53 AM »

I don't think anyone on here is less of a "fan" for doing it. We all pick things apart. I do think it's counterproductive at this time.

I think the staff is scrambling an doing the best they can. It's Gus' ultimate responsibility to get it done.

But in the end, what does it help to throw dirt on him right now? We have a lot invested in him and if he doesn't work out, where do we go?

I like the idea of hiring a guy, giving him all of the support you can to help him be successful and stay out of his way. Let him do his job. Not turn a blind eye but not looking over his shoulder all day either. Taking snapshots isn't as clear of a picture as a full album of work.

We don't look great right now. If Gus doesn't improve this season and first part of next, then start talking about changing the HC. Saying that now is totally ridiculous, IMO.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2015, 11:22:46 AM »
Problem is we haven't fixed the QB yet. 

And part of this is because our coaches haven't allowed SW to do a damn thing.  Seriously, JJ could have done the same damn things that SW has done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2015, 11:23:13 AM »
There are a few concerns though:

- Duke...WTF?

In the first quarter, I saw White fake the handoff and then keep the ball on the roll out to Duke's side of the ball. Duke was in single coverage man and it looked like White wanted to get him the ball. Duke never even looked. Never even ran. Never even looked like he gave one flying shit about being out there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2015, 11:26:13 AM »
Yeah but we still created those turnovers.  That isn't really luck.

Maybe not luck...but very fortunate.

The first turnover was a good pass break up. The other fumbles were pretty fortunate to get.

However, if SJSU makes Auburn go the length of the field, Auburn is in trouble Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2015, 11:36:45 AM »
Had a discussion w The Prowler about gap integrity/responsibility and why our safeties have to make so many stops.

Look at our DT's. Watch how they pursue. They aren't tackles and will likely play some pro ball...AS ENDS!
We have Swain and everyone else is a fucking end. It's not their nature to hold ground, tie up the opposition or sacrifice themselves in a stunt. Their instinct is to put heat on a QB.
Ours run sideline to sideline, out of position, duped and winded. Meanwhile the gaps where our 'backers should make normal contact with a ball carrier are flooded with offensive linemen or becomes big enough to drive a truck through. And it only takes a couple of big fuckups to begin the snowball effect.

Don't know how long Will hangs but if he does the D will get fixed.

My question for Gus would be: What in the hell did you do in the off season, the Spring and fall practice? Why do we look like second teamers scrimmaging ones. Why Coach have you gone remedial on game days when so much is at stake?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2015, 11:38:37 AM »
In the first quarter, I saw White fake the handoff and then keep the ball on the roll out to Duke's side of the ball. Duke was in single coverage man and it looked like White wanted to get him the ball. Duke never even looked. Never even ran. Never even looked like he gave one flying shit about being out there.

Saw this too along with on another play where Duke was half ass running.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2015, 11:39:41 AM »
But in the end, what does it help to throw dirt on him right now? We have a lot invested in him and if he doesn't work out, where do we go?

You mean like the 9 million dollar buyout.

:fail:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2015, 11:40:26 AM »
With Gus opening up the qb battle again I'm thinking JJ starts against Kentucky. If that happens we could go 4-8 or 6-6 and be bowling in the Ham'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.