Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Police Lives Don't Matter

Token

Re: Police Lives Don't Matter
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2015, 11:24:09 PM »
I actually believe line of duty deaths are a little down this year, although there has been more than a few in the last few weeks.  Something else that a lot of people don't know, there have been almost as many line of duty deaths in automobile accidents as gunfire deaths.  Like, within single digits difference.

Slow the fuck down, quit fucking with your phone, and pay attention to the other idiots driving on the road with you. 

And have a great Labor Day weekend!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

Token

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2015, 12:53:28 AM »
That is an incredible story.

Say, what's that golden H lookin' thing you've made your avatar?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
totally unreasonable

bgreene

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2015, 07:42:21 AM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2015, 07:42:47 AM »
I actually believe line of duty deaths are a little down this year, although there has been more than a few in the last few weeks.  Something else that a lot of people don't know, there have been almost as many line of duty deaths in automobile accidents as gunfire deaths.  Like, within single digits difference.

Slow the fuck down, quit fucking with your phone, and pay attention to the other idiots driving on the road with you. 

Good advice re Labor Day.

And guys, please listen to WT on this. Don't be a dumbass if you've been drinking and need to drive. When you are drunk, ALWAYS wear a seatbelt and a helmet. I carry my old HS football helmet in the trunk for just such instances. And drive slower if you are really drunk, as I'm sure some of these  officers will tell you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2015, 07:47:17 AM »

Yes, they are.

But its the nature and motivation of them that is different now. Most in the past were in the line of fire or accidental. These random ones where cops have a target on their back now? yeah, not cool
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2015, 08:30:22 AM »

I don't know.  Shane just left them laying everywhere, so I've just been kind of picking them up when I find them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2015, 08:53:47 AM »
I don't know.  Shane just left them laying everywhere, so I've just been kind of picking them up when I find them.

Just don't be like Shane and go chasing waterfalls.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

bgreene

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2015, 09:06:08 AM »
All BS aside, that's either pretty sad or offensive right there. Yeah, most of us like to laugh, joke and smoke dope and talk about the doughnut eaters but I don't think it's a matter of not caring at all.

I noticed the assassination story by the crazy thug in Houston and thought about bringing up the discussion. Actually decided not to but it's not because I don't care. I truly appreciate police (except the mofo's that try to ticket WT) and really didn't want to bring up such tragic story. There's been a rash of those.

I'm sure that it feels like people are piling on because people are. I don't know how it feels to get dressed for work and feel like you've got a freaking target on your back. I can't really imagine sticking with a job like that unless one truly feels like it's a calling. So, I do appreciate law enforcement much the same as soldiers. Both are fighting to keep civilians safe.

There are bad apples everywhere but I hope you really don't feel that most outside of LE don't care. That's very far from the truth. But there is a large number that don't and that hope cops get shot. Saw some on O'reilly being filmed at a Blacklives march and chanting about fying bacon. They are real.

I don't think that there is anyone on here that feels that way. If they do, fuck them. And your buddy WT will break out on them like a cold sweat if they want to meet up.

Let me clear the air. That was not meant for the people on here.  I highly doubt that any of you would walk up and shoot me for no reason. 

In a related story, I was working the other night sitting in the median about 01:30.  My lights are off and I'm sitting there running radar and watching a new show on Netflix (Narcos, good show if you get a chance check it out). Out of nowhere some idiot knocks on my driver window.  Scared the ever loving shit out of me! This bastard was in all black and was walking on the hwy.  After I nearly shot the dumb ass, I asked him what he wanted.  He tells me that my lights are off and that I could get sued for that.  The very first thing I did was to look around and see if somebody was filming (which is sad that that is even an option).  Long story short, I had to try and explain to this idiot that in this day and time, you don't just walk up to an officers vehicle and start knocking on their window.  Turns out the guy appeared to have been smoking some spice.  He was all over the place with what he was saying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2015, 09:18:42 AM »
I prefer Paprika.  Nutmeg burns too quick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2015, 09:49:45 AM »

Let me clear the air. That was not meant for the people on here.  I highly doubt that any of you would walk up and shoot me for no reason. 

In a related story, I was working the other night sitting in the median about 01:30.  My lights are off and I'm sitting there running radar and watching a new show on Netflix (Narcos, good show if you get a chance check it out). Out of nowhere some idiot knocks on my driver window.  Scared the ever loving shit out of me! This bastard was in all black and was walking on the hwy.  After I nearly shot the dumb ass, I asked him what he wanted.  He tells me that my lights are off and that I could get sued for that.  The very first thing I did was to look around and see if somebody was filming (which is sad that that is even an option).  Long story short, I had to try and explain to this idiot that in this day and time, you don't just walk up to an officers vehicle and start knocking on their window.  Turns out the guy appeared to have been smoking some spice.   He was all over the place with what he was saying.

Don't shoot Mike.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

dallaswareagle

« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2015, 09:51:36 AM »

That's like trying to guess what a squirrel is going to do when he is in the middle of the road.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2015, 10:27:14 AM »

That's like trying to guess what a squirrel is going to do when he is in the middle of the road.
Or a Kaotic cat
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2015, 12:24:58 PM »
from the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. off the news at foxy

A Las Vegas police officer was shot Sunday in an ambush attack as he sat with his partner in his squad car, KTNV reported.

The suspected gunman is in custody, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department tweeted.

Two officers were leaving the scene of a disturbance call at a .99 Cents Only store when an individual walked up to their patrol car while it was stopped at a traffic light and fired three shots, striking one of the officers in the hand, KTNV reported.

Police did not return fire during the encounter, which occurred shortly after noon, local time. The officer who was shot is expected to survive; he has not yet been named.

The gunman used a semi-automatic handgun, the Las Vegas Review-Journal reported. Police pursued the alleged shooter on foot until he dropped his weapon and surrendered, according to Metro Sgt. John Sheahan.

A witness at the scene of Sunday's shooting told the Review-Journal that the alleged gunman "didn't resist or put up a fight" when cops caught up to him.

This is the second shooting of a police officer in three days in Las Vegas. A cop was shot in the leg on Friday while responding to a report of a prowler. Since that incident, Las Vegas officers have been riding in pairs in patrol cars, Sheahan said.

The news comes following the murders of officers in Texas and Illinois in the past two weeks. Texas Sheriff’s Deputy Darren Goforth was killed as he filled his cruiser with gas on Aug. 28. Goforth was shot from behind; his assailant unloaded 15 bullets, according to authorities. Shannon Miles is charged with capital murder in the case.

In Illinois, Fox Lake Lt. Joe Gliniewicz, 52, was found shot to death Sept. 1. Gliniewicz, a 30-year police veteran who was planning to retire at the end of the month, contacted dispatchers about three suspicious men he was pursuing and requested a second unit. Dispatchers soon lost contact with him, and backup officers found Gliniewicz about 50 yards from his squad car with a gunshot wound. He died soon after. Police are still on the hunt for his killers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Token

« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2015, 02:50:21 PM »
Ambush attacks are the worst.  It's one thing to get shot at during a domestic violence call.  Or serving warrants.  Or on a traffic stop.  Or nailing someone's wife.  All of those situations are somewhat controllable, at least in the sense that you know there is a possibility of danger and are mentally prepared for it.  But just walking up and shooting at someone.....shit.  It's harder and harder just to deal with the regular public, wondering if the person who simply wants to shake your hand and thank you for services is about to walk up and shoot you in the face. 

I am 100% against a militarized police force, but we get further away from Mayberry every day.  I can see a future where the only people who want to do this job are "those guys" who would love nothing more than to walk around with entry level ballistic vest and an assault rifle. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2015, 09:55:26 AM »
When do cops go out of season?  from the dot  I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth. of foxynews

Two Houston police officers were involved in a shootout after a passing car fired at them Tuesday morning.

No one was injured in the incident and cops have two suspects in custody, the Houston Chronicle reported.

The uniformed officers reportedly returned fire after they were shot at by someone in a moving vehicle around 3:30 a.m. Witnesses heard eight shots before the suspects were taken into custody behind the Principe Azul nightclub, according to KHOU.

The encounter comes just two days after a pair of Las Vegas officers were fired upon in their cruiser, with one officer sustaining non-life-threatening injuries during the encounter. Police in Aurora, Colo., received a threatening phone call Sunday evening, with a disguised voice proclaiming, “let us catch you by yourself and it’s shots fired,” according to Fox8.

Police have increasingly been targeted by gunfire during the past several months, with numerous incidents turning deadly. Lt. Charles “Joe” Gliniewicz was shot and killed in Illinois last week in a case that’s spurred a furious manhunt for three suspects. Texas sheriff's deputy Darren Goforth was filling up his cruiser at a gas station on Aug. 28 when a suspect came up behind him and fired 15 shots, killing him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2015, 09:59:24 AM »
Ambush attacks are the worst.  It's one thing to get shot at during a domestic violence call.  Or serving warrants.  Or on a traffic stop.  Or nailing someone's wife.  All of those situations are somewhat controllable, at least in the sense that you know there is a possibility of danger and are mentally prepared for it.  But just walking up and shooting at someone.....shit.  It's harder and harder just to deal with the regular public, wondering if the person who simply wants to shake your hand and thank you for services is about to walk up and shoot you in the face. 

I am 100% against a militarized police force, but we get further away from Mayberry every day.  I can see a future where the only people who want to do this job are "those guys" who would love nothing more than to walk around with entry level ballistic vest and an assault rifle.

I think that it comes down to adjusting your tactics to the neighborhood. Unfortunately, in order to not look biased, they will try to outfit the whole force in the same way. The police KNOW which neighborhoods are more dangerous than others. Just roll up in that bitch on an armored car every day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2015, 10:07:06 AM »

You do know why Mayberry was so calm? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2015, 11:16:31 AM »

You do know why Mayberry was so calm?

been discussed many a times on here.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions