Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Police Lives Don't Matter

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Police Lives Don't Matter
« Reply #200 on: January 11, 2017, 09:56:48 AM »
A lady Officer is shot and killed when she identifies a suspect and he opens fire on her.  Then in the manhunt for the guy, another cop is killed in a wreck.  foznews

A central Florida Chick-fil-A restaurant is honoring a police officer who died during a manhunt for a suspected cop killer.

Fox 35 Orlando reported Tuesday that Orange County Deputy First Class Norman Lewis was a big fan of the fast food restaurant – so much so that he visited an Orlando location one or twice a week for years.

The staff at this particular location was stunned by Lewis’ recent death. He was helping other Florida officers in a manhunt for 41-year-old Markeith Loyd, who police say shot and killed an officer who confronted him outside a Walmart on Monday. Lewis was killed in a crash while responding to the manhunt.

The restaurant decided to create a tribute for Lewis called the “Missing Man Table.” Photos show a white cloth on one of the tables in the restaurant with a meal, a Bible and Lewis' picture on top.

"I turned on the TV, and I couldn't believe it.  I just started balling," Beth Ivey, a restaurant employee, told Fox 35 Orlando. "I can't believe I won't see him ever again. It doesn't seem real."

Lewis also frequented a gas station in the area and employees said they looked forward to seeing him every week.

Danielle Giaquinto said Lewis would give some of the employees giant bear hugs and huge smiles when he visited the station.

"I still can't even believe it," she added. "I immediately had a panic attack, because everyone knows how close I am to him."

Lewis was a graduate at the University of Central Florida. He played on the school’s football team as well.

The manhunt for Loyd is ongoing. Authorities raised the reward for the suspected cop-killer to $100,000 and confirmed the suspect likely has someone helping him stay one step ahead of law enforcement.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2017, 11:39:05 AM »
A lady Officer is shot and killed when she identifies a suspect and he opens fire on her.  Then in the manhunt for the guy, another cop is killed in a wreck.  foznews

A central Florida Chick-fil-A restaurant is honoring a police officer who died during a manhunt for a suspected cop killer.

Fox 35 Orlando reported Tuesday that Orange County Deputy First Class Norman Lewis was a big fan of the fast food restaurant – so much so that he visited an Orlando location one or twice a week for years.

The staff at this particular location was stunned by Lewis’ recent death. He was helping other Florida officers in a manhunt for 41-year-old Markeith Loyd, who police say shot and killed an officer who confronted him outside a Walmart on Monday. Lewis was killed in a crash while responding to the manhunt.

The restaurant decided to create a tribute for Lewis called the “Missing Man Table.” Photos show a white cloth on one of the tables in the restaurant with a meal, a Bible and Lewis' picture on top.

"I turned on the TV, and I couldn't believe it.  I just started balling," Beth Ivey, a restaurant employee, told Fox 35 Orlando. "I can't believe I won't see him ever again. It doesn't seem real."

Lewis also frequented a gas station in the area and employees said they looked forward to seeing him every week.

Danielle Giaquinto said Lewis would give some of the employees giant bear hugs and huge smiles when he visited the station.

"I still can't even believe it," she added. "I immediately had a panic attack, because everyone knows how close I am to him."

Lewis was a graduate at the University of Central Florida. He played on the school’s football team as well.

The manhunt for Loyd is ongoing. Authorities raised the reward for the suspected cop-killer to $100,000 and confirmed the suspect likely has someone helping him stay one step ahead of law enforcement.

What a shitty racist company chick fila is. Horrible human beings liking God and all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2017, 05:55:33 PM »
Who leads the charge against the police?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5276675817001/#sp=show-clips
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Token

« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2017, 06:10:57 PM »
Who leads the charge against the police?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5276675817001/#sp=show-clips

I'm mixed on that issue. On one hand, I don't give a shit about a painting depicting law enforcement as pigs. There are a lot of things that are important to me, that isn't one. On the other hand, if a young white kid used his artistic mind to paint a raccoon dressed in sagging pants with a gang related bandana robbing his parents at gunpoint.....and that painting was displayed in a government building, how would the same people feel about it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2017, 12:20:43 PM »
I'm mixed on that issue. On one hand, I don't give a shit about a painting depicting law enforcement as pigs. There are a lot of things that are important to me, that isn't one. On the other hand, if a young white kid used his artistic mind to paint a raccoon dressed in sagging pants with a gang related bandana robbing his parents at gunpoint.....and that painting was displayed in a government building, how would the same people feel about it?

Never, ever, ever, going to happen.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #205 on: January 12, 2017, 02:02:34 PM »
oink, oink cracker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #206 on: February 20, 2017, 02:03:19 PM »
fox

A cop was killed Monday in an officer-involved shooting outside Los Angeles that left another officer injured.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said the two officers responded to what they believed was a traffic accident in Whittier when a gang member who was “all tattooed up” began firing.

They “think they’re there to help, next thing they know they have this guy shooting at them,” Lt. John Corina said.

Corina told reporters that the suspect was driving his car and rear-ended other cars that were waiting at a stoplight. The suspect then got out of his car and asked one of the people he hit to help push his car, he added. When police arrived, the suspect began firing, according to Corina.

The shooting happened around 8 a.m., police officer John Scoggins told the Whittier Daily News.

Los Angeles County Fire Dispatch Supervisor Art Marrujo said the suspect was treated for gunshot wounds. The two officers were taken to LA County-USC Medical Center.

The condition of the second officer and suspect is unknown.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #207 on: February 21, 2018, 01:57:44 PM »
Didn't realize it's been right at a year since I updated this thread.  Law enforcement getting killed or injured in the line of duty has just become so commonplace, it's gotten ridiculous.  Nobody seems to focus on it, but many have no problem screaming about social injustice with rampant police brutality being at the forefront.  Anyway, this situation is unique with another getting killed that close together.  fox

A Maryland police officer was shot and killed Wednesday while intervening in a domestic violence dispute, officials said, marking the second police officer killed in the U.S. in just a 12-hour span.

The suspected gunman in the Maryland incident was killed following the incident, which reportedly involved a chase.
Prince George's Police Department announced the officer shot and killed was Corporal Mujahid A. Ramazziddin, a medal of valor winner. Ramazziddin is a 13 year veteran of the force.

NBC Washington reported the suspect shot at police from his car before officers were able to stop him. Officers apprehended the suspect before shooting and killing him. The suspect was not named but police said he had a history of domestic violence incidents.

Prince George's Police Department tweeted: "With broken hearts, we are announcing that one of our officers was shot and killed today. The brave officer was shot while stepping in to protect a woman threatened in a domestic situation. Please keep his family and our department in your prayers."

The Baltimore Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives tweeted it was on the scene to assist officers.  Thoughts and prayers from police stations around the U.S. flooded in following the announcement.

The death of the Maryland officer followed an early-morning murder in Alabama.

Justin Billa, a former Officer of the Month with the Mobile Police Department, was gunned down after a murder suspect barricaded himself in his Alabama home at around 12:30 a.m. The suspect, Robert Hollie, also died. It was not immediately clear if he was killed by officers or shot himself.

Earlier this month, the National Fraternal Order of Police's President, Chuck Canterbury, condemned a shooting in Ohio that left two officers dead and called on the country to do something about the increasing number of officers killed.

“When will our nation wake up and face that the steady increase of attacks on law enforcement is making all of us less safe,” Canterbury said. “Enough is enough!”

Following the Maryland officer's death, at least 15 officers across the U.S. have died while on duty -- with 12 of those deaths caused by gunfire.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #209 on: February 21, 2018, 03:17:38 PM »
There is no respect for life by some.

http://www.wkrg.com/news/mobile-county/breaking-large-police-presence-on-avondale-ct/984019739

A Mobile Police Officer was shot to death and two others, including the shooter, are dead after a night of violence at a home on Avondale Court.

An outpouring of support has continued to come out after Officer Justin Billa was killed in the line of duty Tuesday night.

Mobile Police say officers responded to the area of Ridge Road West in reference to a female body found, later identified as 58-year-old Fonda Poellnitz.  Police then quickly moved to pursue Poellnitz's ex-huband Robert Hollie at his home on Avondale Court.

photo
(Courtesy: mobilepd.org)
Police say as they set up a perimeter, Hollie fired multiple shots out of his home with one bullet striking Officer Billa.  Billa was transported to USA Medical Center where he later died.

SWAT was then deployed to talk to Hollie by telephone with the use of a PA system.  After SWAT managed to gain entry, Hollie was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Officer Billa leaves behind a wife and 1-year-old son.  Mobile Police have started an official memorial fund to support Billa's family:  LINK: Officer Justin Billa Memorial Fund by Mobile Police
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #210 on: February 21, 2018, 03:32:06 PM »
http://triblive.com/local/westmoreland/13312825-74/jury-in-ray-shetler-jr-trial-for-police-officer-shooting-resumes-deliberations

I say we trash the town.  Burn businesses, overturn cars, break out all the windows and steal the merchandise and....wait......

Never mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #211 on: February 21, 2018, 04:27:32 PM »
I say we trash the town.  Burn businesses, overturn cars, break out all the windows and steal the merchandise and....wait......

Never mind.

I'm burning the local Whole Foods down!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #212 on: February 21, 2018, 04:51:50 PM »
This was a shameful decision. The thief got away with murder. This time, a cop. And unfortunately, this only makes officers not want to help a community that needs it most.

Who would want to go there? When a jury of peers is this anti cop?

When the head jailer posts this link and is likely as upset as the real policemen, then you know this was a poor decision.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #213 on: March 07, 2018, 09:36:24 AM »
fox

A Missouri police officer who was killed while responding to a 911 call Tuesday night had just returned to full-time duty to replace a recently fallen officer in his department, officials said. 

Clinton Police Officer Christopher Ryan Morton's death comes after at least 20 officers have died in the line of the duty since the start of 2018.
Morton, 30, was shot and killed when he and two other officers responded to a 911 call at a home located 75 miles outside of Kansas City, Missouri State Highway Patrol said. Morton had been with the Clinton Police Department from February 2015 to January 2017. He stayed on as a reserve officer, but returned to full-time duty in the summer after fellow Officer Gary Michael was shot and killed during a traffic stop in August, FOX4 KC reported. 

"Clinton, MO, Police Officer Christopher Ryan Morton, served with distinction for the citizens of Clinton as a full-time Police Officer from 2/12/2015 until 1/10/2017. He stayed with the department as reserve officer until he returned again to full time duty 9/24/2017. #ClintonPD," Missouri State Highway Patrol tweeted. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #214 on: May 22, 2018, 02:32:40 PM »
bump foxy

Baltimore County Police and Fire announced on Twitter that all four of the suspects were teenage males. 

#BCoPD confirming that three outstanding suspects are in custody. All three, teenage males. Detective have verified that the group were involved in burglaries in the area. Officers will be in the area today to canvass for property stolen during these burglaries. ^NL
— BACO Public Safety (@BACOPoliceFire) May 22, 2018
"Detective(s) have verified that the group were involved in burglaries in the area," the agency said. "Officers will be in the area today to canvass for property stolen during these burglaries."

Baltimore County Police Officer Amy Caprio was a 3 year, 10 month veteran of the department.  (Baltimore County Police Department)
One of the teenagers involved in the killing was identified by authorities as Dawnta Anthony Harris from Baltimore, who admitted in court documents obtained by FOX45 that he "drove at the officer" when she told him to get out of the vehicle while three others burglarized a house.

Dawnta Anthony Harris has been charged with first-degree murder.  (Baltimore County Police and Fire)
Harris has been charged as an adult with first-degree murder and is being held at the Baltimore County Department of Corrections, according to police. The 16-year-old is expected to appear for a bail review by Tuesday afternoon.

The other teenagers have not been identified.
Baltimore County Police Chief Terrence Sheridan said at a news conference the fallen officer was wearing body camera, and the footage will be reviewed later as part of the investigation.

The manhunt intensifies for the suspects who killed a female Baltimore police officer Monday afternoon.  (WJAZ)
He added that that Americans are "seeing something in this country we've never seen before."
"Officers who have died at the hands of gunshots is up," Sheridan said. "This is a bad time in the United States for law enforcement."
"This is a bad time in the United States for law enforcement"
- Baltimore County Police Chief Terrence Sheridan
A man who said his son witnessed the deadly incident told FOX45 the officer tried to pull over the Jeep.
After the officer raised her gun at the people in the vehicle, the Jeep accelerated and "ran right over her, and raced out of the neighborhood," Tony Kurek told FOX45.
Logan Kurek, who is a volunteer firefighter, told the Associated Press he heard his younger brother "frantically screaming,” and ran to perform CPR on the officer who was bleeding from her injuries.
BALTIMORE POLICE OFFICER DIES RESPONDING TO POSSIBLE BURGLARY
Kurek's neighbor, Dahle Amendt, said he had just settled into his recliner for a rest when he heard a woman's voice outside his house.
"I heard, 'Get out of the car!' 'Get out of the car!' Get out of the car!' at least three times, and then a pop," Amendt said.
The officer was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was pronounced dead.

An emergency vehicle passes a roadblock near a scene where a Baltimore County police officer died, while investigating a suspicious vehicle, Monday, May 21, 2018, in Perry Hall, Md.  (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky)
Authorities recovered an abandoned Jeep that was used in the killing, police confirmed to Fox News. The slaying marked the first time a female police officer was killed in the line of duty in the 148-year history of the Baltimore County Police Department.
"What exactly happened, we are not sure yet until an autopsy is performed," Vinson said at a news conference Monday. It was not immediately clear whether the officer fired her weapon in the incident.
Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan  said in a statement that Caprio "bravely made the ultimate sacrifice for the safety and security of our citizens." 
United States and Maryland flags will fly at half-staff through the day she is laid to rest in tribute to her service and sacrifice. pic.twitter.com/zsRencH3s4
— Governor Larry Hogan (@GovLarryHogan) May 22, 2018
OFFICERS KILLED IN THE LINE OF DUTY IN 2018
Investigators had urged residents in a sizable swath of Perry Hall to stay hunkered down inside their homes and lock all doors and windows as officers search the community fringed with woodlands.
Three elementary schools were kept on alert status for hours, with students and teachers told to stay in their school buildings as police continued a search for the suspects. But by Monday evening, parents were allowed to come to the schools to pick up their youngsters.

Tactical police stage in a Safeway parking lot on Belair Road near Chapel Road in response to the death of a Baltimore County police officer in Perry Hall, Md., May 21, 2018.  (Jerry Jackson/The Baltimore Sun via AP)
Since the start of 2018, at least 36 law enforcement officers across the U.S. have died while on duty -- with 24 of the deaths caused by gunfire.
Roughly 135 cops died in 2016, making it the deadliest year for police officers in at least five years, Fox News has found. While there were fewer deaths in 2017, the numbers weren’t much better: A total of 129 officers died last year. And 46 of those were caused by gunfire.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #215 on: May 22, 2018, 02:41:16 PM »
But police are supposed to be polite when people are raising hell and clowning in a Waffle House because they must instinctively know that those people won't harm them.  

And why are we talking about this when Stormy wore a red white and blue bikini anyway?  That's REAL news, damn you.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #216 on: May 30, 2018, 02:24:44 PM »
foxnews

A Tennessee sheriff’s deputy was killed Wednesday and a manhunt was on for the gunman, officials said.

A Dickson County sheriff’s deputy got into an altercation with the suspect when the deputy responded to a report of a stolen vehicle in Kingston Springs, The Tennessean reported.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation identified the suspect as Steven Wiggins. He was described as a white male with balding, brown hair. There was a $2,500 reward for information leading to his arrest, officials said.

We're issuing a Tennessee Blue Alert for Steven Wiggins, the person-of-interest in the shooting death of a Dickson County sheriff's deputy. He is believed to be armed and dangerous.

Spot him? Call 911! pic.twitter.com/Aj8oxy06hd
— TBI (@TBInvestigation) May 30, 2018
An alert for an armed suspect was issued for residents in Dickson and authorities urged residents to contact authorities if they see anything suspicious. Video on social media appeared to show state troopers in tactical gear converging on the area.
BREAKING: THP Troopers putting on their tatical gear. They are preparing for a man hunt of an armed person NEAR Bear Creek Valley Rd and Tidwell Switch Rd in Dickson County. pic.twitter.com/5cKQOJMdub
— Justin McFarland (@ThisJustinTv) May 30, 2018
Tennessee officials issued a Blue Alert in the manhunt for Wiggins. A Blue Alert is issued when a Tennessee law enforcement officer is injured or killed in the line of duty. TBI spokesman Josh Devine said it's the second Blue Alert that has been issued since it was created in July 2011.
MEDIA: Some helpful context for your coverage here. This is only the second Blue Alert we've issued in the history of the program. https://t.co/WNt4w29KYA
— Josh DeVine (@TBIJoshDeVine) May 30, 2018
Officials didn't officially identifiy the officer, but family and friends told The Tennessean that it was 32-year-old Sgt. Daniel Baker who was killed.

Since the start of 2018, at least 38 law enforcement officers across the U.S. have died while on duty -- with 24 of the deaths caused by gunfire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #217 on: May 30, 2018, 04:19:57 PM »
Anyone seen token?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #218 on: May 30, 2018, 04:29:18 PM »
Anyone seen token?
I sure hope nothing happens to him before I can catch up to his racist ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions