Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Police Lives Don't Matter

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Police Lives Don't Matter
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2016, 10:12:04 AM »
Meanwhile.....  foxynewz

A Virginia police officer was refused service at a restaurant Monday because one of the cooks refused to serve her while she was in uniform.

Authorities said the uniformed Alexandria police officer was standing in line at Noodles & Company when the cook came out from the back and told the cashier, “You better pull me off the line, because I'm not serving that,” according to Fox 5 DC.

The department said the cashier and the cook started to laugh and the officer left the restaurant. Police Chief Earl Cook was upset and spoke to management at the restaurant Tuesday. The restaurant said it would conduct an investigation into the incident.

“Well your first response as a police officer is anger," Cook said. "These are very difficult times right now with our relations with everyone, and to have one of my officers treated in that manner unnecessarily-- your first response is anger, then you calm down a bit."

The restaurant’s management told Cook that the situation unfolded just as the Alexandria officer alleged.

“Noodles & Company expects the highest ethical and personal behavior from its team members. We value each of our guests and are committed to treating every one with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination,” the company said in a statement.

“We are working with the appropriate authorities and local police association representatives to get to the bottom of, and resolve this matter as quickly as possible. We have made efforts to reach out to the police officer involved, but have not yet spoken with her.  We will continue to look into the situation and will take the appropriate actions at the conclusion of this review.”

In an effort to smooth things over, Alexandria Police Union rep Pete Feltham said the restaurant agreed to post signs on their doors to support police.

"We hope that the business is not judged by the actions of a couple of individuals," said Feltham.       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #141 on: July 28, 2016, 12:12:43 PM »

"We hope that the business is not judged by the actions of a couple of individuals," said Feltham.     

"We hope..."

As an employer, you are responsible for your employees actions. IT does affect your business.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #142 on: July 29, 2016, 09:26:17 AM »
fox

One San Diego police officer was killed and another one wounded when a driver they stopped Thursday night opened fire on them in the latest in a series of cop shootings around the nation.

The suspected shooter was arrested, and police said they were not pursuing any other suspects. Neither the police officers' nor the alleged gunman's names were immediately released.

It is with a very sad heart that we announce the death of one of our Officers tonight. Pray for his family pic.twitter.com/3l9PXa1vuW
— San Diego Police (@SanDiegoPD) July 29, 2016
The determination that the killer acted alone followed a long manhunt in the city's Southcrest neighborhood involving SWAT teams, helicopters and squad cars.

Video footage showed officers out in force with numerous squad cars with emergency lights flashing lining a street, officers on foot, and a helicopter buzz overhead.

Police said the officers were shot while making a stop and immediately called for help. The officer who died was shot multiple times.

The shooting comes with law officers around the country on alert following the killing of officers in Dallas and Baton Rouge, Louisiana, this month.

Five Dallas police officers were killed July 7 by a sniper as they guarded Black Lives Matter protesters, and three Baton Rouge law enforcement officers were targeted and killed by a gunman on July 16.

Statistics show the number of police officers killed in the line of duty had been on a downward trajectory since 1970. But this year, cop deaths are up more than 50 percent, and the victims in Dallas, Baton Rouge and other cases were targeted for assassination rather than killed in the process of confronting dangerous criminals.

According to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, the number of officers fatally shot is already up 56 percent compared with last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #143 on: July 29, 2016, 10:47:51 AM »
fox

One San Diego police officer was killed and another one wounded when a driver they stopped Thursday night opened fire on them in the latest in a series of cop shootings around the nation.

The suspected shooter was arrested, and police said they were not pursuing any other suspects. Neither the police officers' nor the alleged gunman's names were immediately released.

It is with a very sad heart that we announce the death of one of our Officers tonight. Pray for his family pic.twitter.com/3l9PXa1vuW
— San Diego Police (@SanDiegoPD) July 29, 2016
The determination that the killer acted alone followed a long manhunt in the city's Southcrest neighborhood involving SWAT teams, helicopters and squad cars.

Video footage showed officers out in force with numerous squad cars with emergency lights flashing lining a street, officers on foot, and a helicopter buzz overhead.

Police said the officers were shot while making a stop and immediately called for help. The officer who died was shot multiple times.

The shooting comes with law officers around the country on alert following the killing of officers in Dallas and Baton Rouge, Louisiana, this month.

Five Dallas police officers were killed July 7 by a sniper as they guarded Black Lives Matter protesters, and three Baton Rouge law enforcement officers were targeted and killed by a gunman on July 16.

Statistics show the number of police officers killed in the line of duty had been on a downward trajectory since 1970. But this year, cop deaths are up more than 50 percent, and the victims in Dallas, Baton Rouge and other cases were targeted for assassination rather than killed in the process of confronting dangerous criminals.

According to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, the number of officers fatally shot is already up 56 percent compared with last year.

Somewhere I am sure "The one" is smiling. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2016, 09:00:05 PM »
Sorry I've been neglecting my duties.  It's been a few months since I posted any updates on this country's evil men and women of law enforcement getting blown away while just doing their jobs.  BTW, how many pages are we up to now?  foxynewz

A Los Angeles County sheriff's sergeant who was shot while responding to a burglary call has died in hospital, authorities said Wednesday evening.

A suspect was taken into custody approximately 90 minutes after the shooting at an apartment complex in Lancaster, about 70 miles north of downtown Los Angeles.

Sheriff's Department Executive Officer Neal Tyler identified the sergeant as Steve Owen, 53, a 29-year veteran of the department.

Sheriff Jim McDonnell said that another deputy was injured in the incident, though he had not been shot. The extent of the deputy's injuries and how he sustained them were not immediately clear. Officials initially said that both the sergeant and the deputy had been shot.

"It was a roll-up burglary call. It was a simple call," McDonnell said. "We don't know if it was an ambush or anything."

Lancaster Mayor Rex Parris told the Los Angeles Times that he knew Sgt. Owen well.

"This always seems to happen to the most beloved deputies," the mayor said.

Owen is survived by his wife, a sheriff's detective, and two adult children, Tyler said.

After the initial shooting, other deputies fired shots at the suspect after he tried to steal a sheriff's patrol car and rammed that vehicle into another patrol car while escaping.

Residents of the surrounding communities were told to stay indoors following the shooting and the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department requested aid from surrounding police agencies. Several nearby schools were placed on lockdown and students at nearby Antelope Valley College were told to shelter in place.

SWAT units responded to a residential area near the shooting scene. Television news footage showed a man come out of a house and lie down in the home's backyard next to a pool. He was taken into custody without incident.

The suspect, described only as a parolee, had a gunshot wound and was taken to a hospital.

Sheriff's office spokeswoman Nicole Nishida told KTLA that one person was in custody and no other suspects were at large.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #145 on: October 06, 2016, 12:16:25 PM »
Again.  AP

A Missouri police officer who was gunned down early Thursday morning had previously been connected with the alleged shooter and officials said at a news conference they "wouldn't discount that this was an ambush."

St. Louis County officer Blake Snyder, 33, was shot and killed "almost immediately" after he approached an 18-year-old suspect in a disturbance case. The unidentified accused shooter was shot and wounded by a second officer and was in critical but stable condition at a hospital hours after the episode occurred.

With a heavy heart, we confirm that on today's date one of our officers
died in the line of duty. He was a 4 yr veteran. #stlcountystrong pic.twitter.com/JHAq8mTeTm
— St. Louis County PD (@stlcountypd) October 6, 2016
Chief Jon Belmar said Snyder encountered the suspect sitting behind the wheel of a car. At some point, Snyder reportedly told the suspect he needed to see his hands.

"And then almost immediately -- shorter than it took me to say this -- he shot him," Belmar said.

The suspect had previously been charged with a felony, and Belmar said that Snyder was "part of that case," but didn't specify how.

Snyder was called to the scene in Green Park, a small middle-class community, at 5:04 a.m. when a man was reported to be banging on the door of a home, trying to get inside. Belmar said it appeared the man had some relationship with the people living inside the house.

Snyder was a four-year veteran of the force and was married with a 2-year-old son.

Officials said it was the first on-duty death of a St. Louis County officer since October 2000.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #148 on: October 06, 2016, 03:26:24 PM »
AP  Glad to see it.

Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell made good on his promise and donated a large amount of money to a fallen officer's fund.

The payment comes after a controversial post on social media Crowell made months ago showing a graphic illustration of a police officer having his throat cut.

Sgt. Demetrick Pennie, President of Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation, told FOX 8's Peggy Gallek Tuesday, Crowell donated more than $10,000.

Crowell quickly took down the image, issued a public apology, and pledged to make a donation to the Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation. This summer, five Dallas officers were murdered.

But Sgt. Demetrick Pennie, head of that foundation, told FOX 8 a few weeks ago, "He continually kept saying to me I want to donate the money. And I kept saying, ‘Isaiah I don't want your money.’"

Crowell also posted an apology, saying, "I'm sorry, and I hope you understand that's not who I am."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2016, 03:35:30 PM »
AP  Glad to see it.

Cleveland Browns running back Isaiah Crowell made good on his promise and donated a large amount of money to a fallen officer's fund.

The payment comes after a controversial post on social media Crowell made months ago showing a graphic illustration of a police officer having his throat cut.

Sgt. Demetrick Pennie, President of Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation, told FOX 8's Peggy Gallek Tuesday, Crowell donated more than $10,000.

Crowell quickly took down the image, issued a public apology, and pledged to make a donation to the Dallas Fallen Officer Foundation. This summer, five Dallas officers were murdered.

But Sgt. Demetrick Pennie, head of that foundation, told FOX 8 a few weeks ago, "He continually kept saying to me I want to donate the money. And I kept saying, ‘Isaiah I don't want your money.’"

Crowell also posted an apology, saying, "I'm sorry, and I hope you understand that's not who I am."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #150 on: October 06, 2016, 03:45:22 PM »
Okay, that's a drawing and it made me throw up in my mouth a little.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #151 on: October 06, 2016, 04:00:46 PM »
Okay, that's a drawing and it made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Would not surprise me one bit if some group of folks do kidnap a cop and show his execution on twitter/facebook/youtube/MSNBC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2016, 10:46:28 AM »
2 More Shot.  Anyone keeping count?  foxynewz

Two Boston police officers were “extremely critical” after a man wearing body armor and armed with an assault rifle shot them multiple times, police said Thursday.

Police Commissioner William Evans said the suspect, identified as 33-year-old Kirk Figueroa, fired at the officers late Wednesday night after they arrived at an East Boston home. Several other officers who were stationed outside ran inside and exchanged fire with the gunman.

"Domestic calls, as you know, are probably the most volatile. You never really know what you're walking into," Evans said. "And I think we see right now the dangers of our job."

The officers shot and killed Figueroa and then began giving the fallen officers first aid. Evans said one of the wounded officers was a 28-year veteran of the force and the other a 12-year veteran.

"One officer had his hand in one of the wounds and I think that was instrumental in getting the officer down to Mass General quickly," Evans said.

Both officers underwent surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital for serious injuries. Nine other officers were being treated at Tufts Medical Center for trauma, stress and minor injuries.

Police, initially concerned that there might be a second suspect, ordered residents to shelter in place. That order was later lifted.

Police did not identify the two wounded officers.

As is standard protocol following such events, the district attorney's office said there would be an investigation into the use of deadly force.

"They ran into a firefight here, able to pull two of their officers out safely, and again unfortunately, we had to take a life in doing it," Evans said.

Boston Mayor Martin Walsh joined Evans at the hospital. He asked that the community "pray for our officers."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2016, 04:03:18 PM »
foxnews

A sheriff’s deputy was shot and killed Wednesday while he was responding to a civil disturbance call in Northern California.

Officials said a suspect was detained in the shooting death of 31-year-old deputy Jack Hopkins.

A video titled, "Deputy Jack Hopkins Procession” was posted to the Modoc County Sheriff's Office's Facebook page showing patrol cars riding down a street with their emergency lights. Hopkins was recently transferred from Alturas Police Department.

"He was probably the nicest man. When he pulled you over for a headlight, or something you did, he always was courteous and had a smile on his face. He didn't have a mean bone in his body, just a great guy. He is missed by all of us," Alturas Municipal Airport said in a Facebook post.

Officials were investigating the shooting of the deputy who joined the force last year.

This incident is the fourth death of a police officer in California to die in the line of duty in the last two weeks.

This shooting follows two Palm Springs officers who were shot and killed during a domestic disturbance and a Los Angeles County sheriff’s sergeant was killed while answering a burglary call in Lancaster.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #154 on: November 02, 2016, 06:43:02 AM »
fox news

Authorities in Iowa said that two police officers were killed in apparent ambush-style attacks early Wednesday.

Des Moines police Sgt. Paul Parizek said at a press conference that authorities were developing suspect information and has nothing to immediately release.

“In all appearances it looks just like that, that these officers were ambushed,” he said. “It doesn't look like there was any interaction between these cowards and the officers they shot in their cars.”

Des Moines police said in a news release earlier that officers responded to a report of shots fired shortly after 1 a.m. and the first officers to arrive on scene found an Urbandale officer wounded.

Des Moines police officers responded to assist and about 25 minutes later a Des Moines officer had been shot at an intersection about two blocks away.

Both officers died from their injuries sustained in the shooting.

“There's somebody out there shooting police. There is a clear and present danger to police officers right now,” Parizek said.

Parizek said he hopes to have a fuller picture of the suspect or suspects in the coming hours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #155 on: November 02, 2016, 10:03:31 AM »
That same article was updated with this.

The shootings appear to be the latest cases of police officers being targeted for assassination in a year that has seen 111 police officers killed in the line of duty, including 50 by gunfire, according to the Officer Down Memorial Page.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2016, 01:45:31 PM »
That same article was updated with this.

The shootings appear to be the latest cases of police officers being targeted for assassination in a year that has seen 111 police officers killed in the line of duty, including 50 by gunfire, according to the Officer Down Memorial Page.

And yet let a black kid get killed (while carrying a gun) by a white cop and its all over the msm.  :facepalm:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #157 on: November 04, 2016, 04:57:56 PM »
foxy from today

Two NYPD police officers were shot Friday afternoon responding to a home invasion in the Bronx, a source told FoxNews.com.

The two police officers were rushed to nearby Jacobi Medical Center.  One officer was shot in the head and the other shot in the leg, according to the police source. The gunman was killed in the exchange, a source told The New York Daily News.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #158 on: November 10, 2016, 11:23:37 AM »
foxnews

The body of the Pennsylvania gunman who police said opened fire on two police officers Thursday morning, killing one and injuring the other, was located with a self-inflicted gunshot wound inside a home he was hiding out, CBS Pittsburgh reported.

The suspected gunman, Michael Cwiklinski, was found in the house in the town of Canonsburg, which is outside Pittsburgh. Authorities  also recovered the body of a woman who was six months pregnant and had a Protection From Abuse order against the suspected killer.

State Police Trooper Melinda Bondarenka told reporters that the officers were immediately met with gunfire when they arrived at the scene at about 3:15 a.m. Bonderanka said the police were “ambushed upon their arrival.”

The deceased officer was identified as Scott Leslie Bashioum, 52, according to the CBS report. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he died.

The scene was chaotic.

“It woke me from bed about 3:30, 4 o’clock this morning,” one neighbor told the station. “I could hear what I thought was firecrackers and then I heard somebody say, ‘My partner’s down,’ or something like that. Then, all hell broke loose. I had my porch light on and he came and told us to turn the light off and stay put

Nearby schools were delayed or canceled because of the heavy police presence. Homes in the Canonsburg area were evacuated and there is large police presence.

Last week, a New York City police sergeant was shot and killed and  second one was wounded in a gunfight on a street with an armed man who had broken into his estranged wife's home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2016, 01:39:16 PM »
foxynews

Police in Alaska say an officer has been shot multiple times in what they described as an ambush.

The attack happened early Saturday morning. The man suspected of shooting the officer was killed, and the officer is expected to survive.

Police spokeswoman Jennifer Castro says the officer was in surgery following the shooting in downtown Anchorage just before 5 a.m. The Anchorage Daily News reported that the officer is expected to survive.

"A preliminary investigation found that an officer was responding in their patrol car to a report of a theft suspect who was on foot in the area of 5th Avenue and Cordova," police said in a statement.

NEW THREAT FOR POLICE: THE AMBUSH

The officer was responding to reports that a theft suspect was on foot, and the officer was pulling over his cruiser over when a man with a gun started firing. Castro says that the officer got out of his vehicle, and the shooter continued to fire as the officer was on the ground.

Another officer responded and returned fire at the shooter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions