Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Baltimore is burning...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Baltimore is burning...
« Reply #60 on: July 08, 2016, 11:48:19 AM »

Semi srs.  I get lost in who is talking to who.  Are tons of other people watching the dialogue or is it just those listed as @?  This quote from Chizzy confused my feeble brain.

"Note that in his last tweet, he put the names at the end. This is a way to sick your own followers who may not follow the other person in the conversation on them."

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2016, 11:54:47 AM »
I'm not even a tweeter and I had zero trouble interpreting all of this. Easy.

But then again, I'm not a dumbass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2016, 11:59:45 AM »
I'm not even a tweeter and I had zero trouble interpreting all of this. Easy.

But then again, I'm not a dumbass.

You can say it as many times as you want but the Judge ruled on that one long ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2016, 12:01:12 PM »
You can say it as many times as you want but the Judge ruled on that one long ago.

But was it due process?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2016, 12:02:38 PM »
But was it due process?

Yep.  Took him 5 minutes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2016, 12:21:24 PM »
Yep.  Took him 5 minutes.

Sounds good to me. We should also bring back firing squads and hangings in public. No mambypamby bs anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2016, 12:28:20 PM »
Semi srs.  I get lost in who is talking to who.  Are tons of other people watching the dialogue or is it just those listed as @?  This quote from Chizzy confused my feeble brain.

"Note that in his last tweet, he put the names at the end. This is a way to sick your own followers who may not follow the other person in the conversation on them."
If you click the links it's clearer. When I'm quoting them here, I put the name of the person writing the tweet first, then on the next line I put the tweet. That includes the names of the people they're replying to. If the second line in my quote doesn't start with the names, they're trying to put it out there for more people to see, rather than have it be a conversation where people who follow us both may catch it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2016, 12:29:45 PM »
And PS, I'm not gonna transcribe this, but the conversation has continued sans John's bitch ass.

https://twitter.com/peanutgallery10/status/751438197125705729
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2016, 12:55:27 PM »
I just watched the Baton Rouge video. After they shot him, the officer walks over and pulls something out of the perps oversized front pocket while he was still on the ground and dying. Certainly consistent with it being a gun. Appears to be a .22 or .25.

But cops are the bad guys according to the youtube comments. They are in the "KKK" and racist pigs.

Regardless of the fact that this guy apparently wouldn't comply with their requests, was a convicted felon, gang member and had a gun. All of this according to what I've read. Have no idea if it's true. Also read he was a chester molester and didn't register--twice.

We really do need a fence in this country and people who believe that what these cops did was wrong and this guy with that rap sheet was wronged, and they need to stay on the opposite side of my side. Because we will never get along. Never.

I want to be on the side with the cops. Sure, they make mistakes and there are bad ones. But if this felon and reported gang member had complied, he'd be alive.

Mn shooting totally different. I think the cop screwed up from what I've seen so far.

Regardless, I don't get these stupid ass people who protest in a city 1,000 miles away from where it actually happened. The Dallas police didn't have anything to do with La or Mn. But "lets go shoot 10 of them."

Belize is calling. Or, maybe Scotland.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2016, 03:57:25 PM »
He had a gun. A loaded one. And the cops eluded to it on the video. Dude has a sheet a mile long as well. But fuck that. Let's create a nice soft media narrative to gloss over facts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2016, 04:07:38 PM »
It is interesting to me the angle that the media seems to always take. They cover up the extensive record that perp has and turn him into a victim. I won't go to the trouble of listing this guys record but it's googleable. I found this:
"Records show that Sterling was registered sex offender with a lengthy criminal record that included convictions for weapons offenses, confrontations with police officers, property crimes, and domestic violence and other batteries. You can read court records pertaining to Sterling at the top of this post." And he has a rap sheet going back many years. No, that doesn't mean that he deserved to be shot because of that. Yes, it proves that he was not the angel of a man that the media seems to want to make him.

ALL of these guys aren't simply being shot for no reason. This guy was a convicted felon and had a gun. He had been arrested for the same before.

I don't know if he went for it or not, based on the video. But it stands to reason that he did. I don't believe that the officer shot him because he was black.

But this slobberfest is sickening. It's always a completely innocent "victim" being oppressed by "white" policemen.

Journalism of today is more about promoting an agenda than reporting news but at least try to hide it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-killed-by-louisiana-police-said-to-be-gentle-led-hardscrabble-life/ar-BBu1iof

The black man shot dead by police in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, was described by those who knew him as a fun-loving guy who scraped together a living selling music recorded on compact discs.

The father of five had been arrested several times in his 37 years of life, and a felony conviction landed him on a list of sex offenders.

Alton Sterling, 37, was shot at close range by two white police officers at about 12:30 a.m. CDT on Tuesday.

The shooting, captured on cell phone videos, aggravated the unrest that has coursed through the United States for two years over the use of excessive force by police, especially against black men.

Relatives and acquaintances of Sterling from his Baton Rouge neighborhood described him as a local fixture who had been peddling CDs, DVDs and games for years in front of the Triple S Food Mart, where the shooting took place. The money he made supported him and his children.

"He was a very nice guy, always smiling and laughing and joking," said store owner Abdullah Muflahi, who said he considered Sterling a friend.

Sharida Sterling, a cousin who grew up with Sterling, said he was often harassed by police outside the store, attention that she and others said was unwarranted.

"I'd never seen him get out of hand with anyone," said Elvina Scott, who lives nearby and said she bought a CD from Sterling a few minutes before he was shot.

Baton Rouge police officials said officers had responded to a call that a black man was making threats with a gun. They said Sterling was armed when they arrived.

Shopkeeper Muflahi said Sterling had recently gotten a gun to protect himself from possible robberies, but he did not see a weapon in friend's hand during the encounter with police.

According to the Louisiana Department of Corrections, Sterling was convicted in 2000 for a crime against a minor that led him to spend about four years in prison and be registered as a sex offender.

A court document reviewed by Reuters showed that he was accused of having sex with a 14-year-old girl and impregnating her when he was 20.

Sterling was arrested several times after his release in 2004. His most recent conviction was in 2011 for illegally carrying a weapon, the Corrections Department said.

In November 2015, on his Facebook page where he smiled from many of his photos, Sterling posted a blurry picture of himself in what appears to be handcuffs with the caption, "To all facebook friends and family Im gone to do my time."

Louisiana arrest records showed that he was taken into custody at about the time of the posting, but they did not specify the reason. An arrest warrant had been issued in August 2015 after Sterling was accused by prosecutors of violating the terms of his sex offender registry program.

Those who knew Sterling, a 5-foot-11-inch, 300-pound man referred to as "Big Alton" in notes left at a makeshift memorial outside the convenience store, said he did not deserve to die from what many saw as more heavy-handed treatment of racial minorities by police.

"He was a good man," said Jamese Perry, who held a sign outside the store on Wednesday to let people know about a vigil for Sterling, who had dated her cousin.

"Never bothered anyone," she added. "Gentle."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #71 on: July 08, 2016, 04:33:29 PM »
USA Today has careened badly to the left.  It's treatment of Trump is distressingly bad. 

And today, a day after the shootings in Dallas, it's already chastising the DPD for "wrongly accusing" an armed black man last night. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/07/08/dallas-police-shootings-person-of-interest-cleared-shootings/86846410/

The dude is walking down the street with a fucking rifle. Reasonable assumption to want to find him and get his story.  But NOOOOOOOOO, bad racist cops for looking for a black man with a weapon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2016, 04:35:48 PM »
USA Today has careened badly to the left.  It's treatment of Trump is distressingly bad. 

And today, a day after the shootings in Dallas, it's already chastising the DPD for "wrongly accusing" an armed black man last night. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/07/08/dallas-police-shootings-person-of-interest-cleared-shootings/86846410/

The dude is walking down the street with a fucking rifle. Reasonable assumption to want to find him and get his story.  But NOOOOOOOOO, bad racist cops for looking for a black man with a weapon.
You're second amendmenting wrong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #73 on: July 08, 2016, 04:37:06 PM »
Meanwhile, more police being shot in Tennessee, Missouri, and Georgia...

There will be more before the morning...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #74 on: July 08, 2016, 05:41:50 PM »
Meanwhile, more police being shot in Tennessee, Missouri, and Georgia...

There will be more before the morning...

Say it ain't so. The police are targets.

When will our leader give a speech to bring the country together? Ala reagans speech after Beirut and the challenger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Token

« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2016, 07:19:33 PM »
Criminals are criminals. They have been for a long time, and they haven't changed.  Will we ever live in a society where crime isn't a problem?  Very doubtful.

So we need to look at law enforcement. There is a strong push in this country for law enforcement to be less militarized. A dialogue for law enforcement to be guardians and not warriors is out there.  Unfortunately, Mayberry is a long ways behind us. I don't think we can get back to that small little town.  I also don't believe asking for kind loving non agressive individuals who aren't capable of enforcing law against the level of criminal this country produces is a viable option.

Without having all of the facts, I believe the Louisiana shooting is a good shoot and I don't believe there was another way to handle that situation.  They tried non lethal, the subject was combative and resisted while attempting to grab a lethal weapon. He escalated level of force. His fault, nobody else.  The Minnisota shooting appears to be different. Again, without all of the facts, it appears as though he made a mistake. A deadly mistake. 

So now, assuming the Mn shooting is a bad shoot) the question is why was was the deadly shooting of a innocent man who was simply trying to comply with orders?  The answer to that is complicated but not impossible.

First and foremost, the problem is pay. I consider most people on this message board to be coherent and logical people. I believe nearly all of you could be a good law enforcement officer.  The problem is, none of you would have been willing to work 12 hour shifts for $35,000 a year when you were picking a career. I don't blame you, just a day of CNN will show you that it isn't worth it. We demand police excellence as a country, but we don't equip our agencies with the salaries or benefit packages to attract the type of candidate that we want as law enforcement.

Second, (and it all stems from pay) we are forced to hire 20-24 year old kids either straight out of college or the military.  Most of them have no real life experiences and the ones who do are behind the ball on most calls.  If any of you were to call 911, it would probably be one of the few times in your life that you had to do it.  Suffice it to say, if you called 911, it's because there is an emergency problem that you need help with right then.  Very few of you are going to want some snot nosed kid coming to your house and helping you solve a domestic issue. What the fuck does he know?  He's not married. He doesn't have any kids. Hell he probably doesn't even have a mortgage.  Immediately there is a rift because you don't want a rookie 20 year old (who probably isn't well versed in all laws) giving you advice. I get it.  Now we have a 20 year old rookie who is quickly becoming an asshole because he sense that you may have a slight attitude. See how quickly a problem gets worse?  We HAVE to quit hiring kids.

3rd, we love college educated people. Everyone wants us to only hire college educated people. Problem is, criminal justice is a bullshit degree that means noting to me, as an administrator.  We NEED to be looking at college level employees, but we need their degree to be in the psychology field.  That's where law enforcement is heading.  We need older men and women who are laid back enough to keep situations calm, a strong enough presence to control the scene and trained well enough to know when and how to de-escalate different types of personalities.  On top of all of that, they need to know when a situation can't be talked down and how to quickly and efficiently use lethal force where there are minimum questions.

We are facing a tough challenge. It's going to get worse quickly if we don't stop what we are doing and find a different path. We all have our part in it. From the media all the way to the career agitators. We have to pay better to attract top quality candidates who are looking for a career. We have to quit working below adequate manpower and we should really stop the 12 hour shifts. It takes a toll on the body and mind and could be the determining factor in a late shift high stress situation. 

Until our local governing bodies are ready to sit and have a serious conversation about these problems, our problems within the law enforcement community aren't going to stop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2016, 10:22:11 PM »
So, you're saying bgreene is a snot nosed punk?

Couldn't agree more on those sentiments.  Helluva post.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2016, 01:11:03 AM »
So, you're saying bgreene is a snot nosed punk?

Couldn't agree more on those sentiments.  Helluva post.

I was mainly wondering if I was one of the ones who wouldn't make a good police officer.  He really should specify. 

FWIW, the same arguments could be made for education.  Low pay, shitty hours, hiring kids, etc. 

I do completely agree with what he said, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2016, 11:57:43 PM »
Criminals are criminals. They have been for a long time, and they haven't changed.  Will we ever live in a society where crime isn't a problem?  Very doubtful.

So we need to look at law enforcement. There is a strong push in this country for law enforcement to be less militarized. A dialogue for law enforcement to be guardians and not warriors is out there.  Unfortunately, Mayberry is a long ways behind us. I don't think we can get back to that small little town.  I also don't believe asking for kind loving non agressive individuals who aren't capable of enforcing law against the level of criminal this country produces is a viable option.

Without having all of the facts, I believe the Louisiana shooting is a good shoot and I don't believe there was another way to handle that situation.  They tried non lethal, the subject was combative and resisted while attempting to grab a lethal weapon. He escalated level of force. His fault, nobody else.  The Minnisota shooting appears to be different. Again, without all of the facts, it appears as though he made a mistake. A deadly mistake. 

So now, assuming the Mn shooting is a bad shoot) the question is why was was the deadly shooting of a innocent man who was simply trying to comply with orders?  The answer to that is complicated but not impossible.

First and foremost, the problem is pay. I consider most people on this message board to be coherent and logical people. I believe nearly all of you could be a good law enforcement officer.  The problem is, none of you would have been willing to work 12 hour shifts for $35,000 a year when you were picking a career. I don't blame you, just a day of CNN will show you that it isn't worth it. We demand police excellence as a country, but we don't equip our agencies with the salaries or benefit packages to attract the type of candidate that we want as law enforcement.

Second, (and it all stems from pay) we are forced to hire 20-24 year old kids either straight out of college or the military.  Most of them have no real life experiences and the ones who do are behind the ball on most calls.  If any of you were to call 911, it would probably be one of the few times in your life that you had to do it.  Suffice it to say, if you called 911, it's because there is an emergency problem that you need help with right then.  Very few of you are going to want some snot nosed kid coming to your house and helping you solve a domestic issue. What the fuck does he know?  He's not married. He doesn't have any kids. Hell he probably doesn't even have a mortgage.  Immediately there is a rift because you don't want a rookie 20 year old (who probably isn't well versed in all laws) giving you advice. I get it.  Now we have a 20 year old rookie who is quickly becoming an asshole because he sense that you may have a slight attitude. See how quickly a problem gets worse?  We HAVE to quit hiring kids.

3rd, we love college educated people. Everyone wants us to only hire college educated people. Problem is, criminal justice is a bullshit degree that means noting to me, as an administrator.  We NEED to be looking at college level employees, but we need their degree to be in the psychology field.  That's where law enforcement is heading.  We need older men and women who are laid back enough to keep situations calm, a strong enough presence to control the scene and trained well enough to know when and how to de-escalate different types of personalities.  On top of all of that, they need to know when a situation can't be talked down and how to quickly and efficiently use lethal force where there are minimum questions.

We are facing a tough challenge. It's going to get worse quickly if we don't stop what we are doing and find a different path. We all have our part in it. From the media all the way to the career agitators. We have to pay better to attract top quality candidates who are looking for a career. We have to quit working below adequate manpower and we should really stop the 12 hour shifts. It takes a toll on the body and mind and could be the determining factor in a late shift high stress situation. 

Until our local governing bodies are ready to sit and have a serious conversation about these problems, our problems within the law enforcement community aren't going to stop.
^^^^Sometimes, I must admit that this guy makes sense, seems to know what he's talking about and is even seemingly articulate....for a cop.

I have one police story that could've ended badly. I was at work, wife out with boyfriend or something and kids at home with sitter. 3 year old calls 911 and hangs up. 11 year old, who looks like a white Jj from Good Times only a foot shorter and white (his mom is white) answers door to a policeman who has gun drawn and pointed. Kid runs back inside.

Got a lecture from the cop about not running from the PO Lice (cop's pronunciation) and it being a good way to get shot. Seems like he was a true Barney.

I believe the kid based on hearing about the cop. I didn't complain or even call about it. Actually don't know that he did anything wrong but it would've been easy to call back and talk to sitter, announce that someone was coming to check things out and clear it up. Instead, a surprise stop and a drawn gun freaked the now 15 year old out. I've had guns pointed at me too, so I know it's not a comforting feeling.

Have to feel like, although he was older, this officer was the type to shoot first and probably hasn't seen any training since squeaking through the academy.

And the part about pay is spot on. Unfortunately, I doubt throwing more money at police would help a tremendous amount. But they definitely deserve better pay.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2016, 07:51:54 AM »
Former Miss America thinks the shooter was a martyr and feels "no sympathy" for the murdered police officers. 

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/07/first_black_miss_alabama_says.html#incart_most-comments

mommy part.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions