Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Baltimore is burning...

Re: Baltimore is burning...
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2016, 12:45:34 AM »
That's my only point of contention.  I don't take her at her word.   I've seen too much. 

When I used to own the furniture stores I had to get police to do ride alongs with me sometimes to pick up merchandise from people who'd threatened my employees.  Until, that is, until I was at a point where I didn't care if I lived or died and then I just busted up in there and let the chips fall.  But I digress. 

We'd knock on the door and some dude would answer. 
"Nah, man I don't live here.  I'm just visitin, so I can't let you in.  Naw. She ain't here.  Don't know where she is or when she be back."

And I'd see her looking out the window or running out the back door or whatever. 

Pull into a neighborhood and see a kid you KNEW lived there because you'd rented his mother some furniture. Ask him if he knows where Apartment 2B is and he says "Nah, man, I don't live in this neighborhood." 

Lie to me, lie to cops, lie without a second thought. 

So no, I don't believe her automatically.  Maybe he WAS just reaching for his ID.  Maybe he did tell the officer he had a gun.  But I'm not taking her word for it. Easy to claim it in retrospect.   I'd need other witnesses to verify. Or the guy's shoulder cam or something.

i also think it's fucking hilarious how many of these people were wonderful church-going, god-loving, saints who never did nothing wrong to nobody.
Unless. They didn't?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2016, 09:13:25 AM »
The kid in Minnesota by all accounts seemed like a good kid. That one may very well have been an unfortunate situation and mistake. Just don't know. Also doesn't mean it was racial. Sometimes bad things happen like that and it is NOT racial. Newsflash right!?

Dude in Baton Rouge had a gun. A loaded gun. He was warned. He didn't cooperate. Sorry that it happened but he did NOTHING TO avoid that situation. Easy to hindsight what these cops should and shouldn't do but walk a mile in their shoes and the shit they have to put up with.

I'd like tokens take here. He always has good sense with this stuff. And I would like to apologize to all cops for the way our president has demonized you all. You deserve a president that has your back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2016, 10:15:21 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2016, 10:34:47 AM »
Read this thread.

https://twitter.com/John_P_Carvalho/status/751179232622108673

He makes a lot of good points.

The media sells their country down the toilet for their own sinister purposes.

And frankly so does our president with his words and deflections from the root causes

We've created a country of emotional reactions. Purposely. Because people can't think straight when they get emotional and huffy. This makes great ratings and creates chaos. I'll admit I've gotten emotional over last night since it happened. I'm angry about it. About all of it. This is all ridiculous. We're on the verge of a civil war. And the media and our leaders in charge could careless. And it pisses me off. We have cops dead now. And it shouldn't have fucking happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2016, 10:37:02 AM »
No thank you.
I'm agreeing with you, so you might want to. They're the good kind of facts from your perspective.

A lot of Auburn twitter are being smug assholes and think statistical data is racist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2016, 10:38:55 AM »
I'm agreeing with you, so you might want to. They're the good kind of facts from your perspective.

A lot of Auburn twitter are being smug assholes and think statistical data is racist.

I'll read an article or something, but I'm old.  I can't make shit for sense out of a tweeter battle.  It looks like hieroglyphics to me.  Should have clarified that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2016, 10:40:09 AM »

Lot of very inconvenient truths in that write up. It's why th media and our leaders wants to invoke a totally emotional response because at that point facts go out the window. It's so easy to see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2016, 10:40:38 AM »
I'll read an article or something, but I'm old.  I can't make shit for sense out of a tweeter battle.  It looks like hieroglyphics to me.  Should have clarified that.

It's just a Twitter post that has a link to a well written article.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2016, 10:48:17 AM »

I don't understand tweeter.  Seriously.  He said "read this thread"  So I looked at it and couldn't make one bit of sense out of it.  I can never tell who is talking to whom or how any of it connects.  I didn't see an article. 

That's on me, not Chizad.  I know other people get it. 

Modified:  Oh, fuck.  It's that Carvhalo motherfucker. I HATE that guy.  I knew I recognized that name from somewhere. Smug, condescending, communist asshole. 
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 10:50:23 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2016, 10:51:34 AM »
I don't understand tweeter.  Seriously.  He said "read this thread"  So I looked at it and couldn't make one bit of sense out of it.  I can never tell who is talking to whom or how any of it connects.  I didn't see an article. 

That's on me, not Chizad.  I know other people get it. 

Modified:  Oh, fuck.  It's that Carvhalo motherfucker. I HATE that guy.  I knew I recognized that name from somewhere. Smug, condescending, communist asshole.

He just linked another article is all.

This is it:

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/police-shootings-aren-t-a-white-or-black-problem-070716
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2016, 10:52:13 AM »
Well the specific tweet I posted is John Carvalho saying not to read it because it contains hatefacts.

I challenged him on some of his bullshit statements in the tweets, and he reverted to his safe space.

I'll transcribe:
‏@John_P_Carvalho
I had to force myself to read this to confirm that it is both bad thinking and bad citizenship. Avoid.
@aaronelake
@John_P_Carvalho Was I wrong to take the mention of the black murder rate as saying the community brought these slayings on themselves?
@aaronelake
Note that poverty is the statistical predictor of crime. Race is the statistical predictor of fatal police shootings.
@aaronelake
@John_P_Carvalho Yeah, I stopped reading at that graph. Clay is smart enough to understand the red herring/associative fallacy he put there.
@AUChizad
@aaronelake @John_P_Carvalho If you don't understand how being in confrontation w/ police for violent crime 5x more often might (1/2)
@AUChizad  53m53 minutes ago
@aaronelake @John_P_Carvalho Be relevant in explaining why there's 2.5x over-representation in police shootings, I can't help you…(2/2)
@ScoopPhillips
@AUChizad @aaronelake @John_P_Carvalho Sometimes people don't like facts
@John_P_Carvalho
@ScoopPhillips @AUChizad @aaronelake Poverty is the predictor for crime; race is the predictor for police shootings.
@AUChizad
@John_P_Carvalho @ScoopPhillips @aaronelake Link to data supporting supporting this? Police shooting victims are mostly upper/middle class?
@John_P_Carvalho  44m44 minutes ago
@AUChizad @ScoopPhillips @aaronelake I must have said it wrong. That's the opposite of what I meant ha
@AUChizad
@John_P_Carvalho @ScoopPhillips @aaronelake Then I fail to see your point. Not being confrontational, explain.
@aaronelake
@ScoopPhillips @AUChizad @John_P_Carvalho No, just don't like generalizing and grouping people in a way that unfairly places blame.
@AUChizad
@aaronelake @ScoopPhillips @John_P_Carvalho With statistical facts that refute a false narrative you believe?
@aaronelake
@AUChizad @ScoopPhillips @John_P_Carvalho .000567% of the black population committed murder last year. That's enough to make police uneasy?
@AUChizad
@aaronelake @ScoopPhillips @John_P_Carvalho No one at all is saying that, by the way. Not the point of bringing up that statistic.
@aaronelake
@ScoopPhillips @AUChizad @John_P_Carvalho No, just don't like generalizing and grouping people in a way that unfairly places blame.
@ScoopPhillips
@aaronelake @AUChizad @John_P_Carvalho But that's what you did yesterday.
@AUChizad
@aaronelake @ScoopPhillips @John_P_Carvalho Not Clay's word. Statistical fact as reported by the FBI and Washington Post...
@ScoopPhillips
@aaronelake @AUChizad @John_P_Carvalho They aren't a generalization. They clearly show race isn't a dominating factor in police shootings.
@John_P_Carvalho
@ScoopPhillips @aaronelake @AUChizad I'm backing off of this discussion. Just where I'm at today re Twitter. Please delete me.
@AUChizad
@John_P_Carvalho @ScoopPhillips @aaronelake This is not how you have an open fact-based dialogue, John…
@John_P_Carvalho
@AUChizad @ScoopPhillips @aaronelake We obviously have a difference of opinion on that, and I'm fine with that.
@AUChizad
@John_P_Carvalho @ScoopPhillips @aaronelake On what? That statistical facts are relevant in a discussion about generalizing these incidents?
@John_P_Carvalho
@AUChizad @ScoopPhillips @aaronelake On the purpose, direction and results of discussions like this.
@AUChizad
@John_P_Carvalho @ScoopPhillips @aaronelake I think grossly misrepresenting the demographics of these cases leads to more division/hatred.
@AUChizad
@John_P_Carvalho @ScoopPhillips @aaronelake And more contempt for police, leading to more of these situations. I guess we do disagree.
@John_P_Carvalho  31m31 minutes ago
True. But in polite society, when someone asks to be excused, the courteous response is to grant it. @AUChizad @ScoopPhillips @aaronelake
@AUChizad
Sorry for not respecting your safe space, John. Dismissed. @John_P_Carvalho @ScoopPhillips @aaronelake

Note that in his last tweet, he put the names at the end. This is a way to sick your own followers who may not follow the other person in the conversation on them. If you don't follow more than one person in the conversation, you won't see tweets with the names at the beginning. He wants to make sure he holds me up as an example of an evil racist spewing hatefacts for all his self-righteous followers to condemn.

Fucking pussy.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 10:59:42 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2016, 10:57:04 AM »
Well the specific tweet I posted is John Carvalho saying not to read it because it contains hatefacts.

I challenged him on some of his bullshit statements in the tweets, and he reverted to his safe space.

I'll transcribe:
Note that in his last tweet, he put the names at the end. This is a way to sick your own followers who may not follow the other person in the conversation on them. If you don't follow more than one person in the conversation, you won't see tweets with the names at the beginning. He wants to make sure he holds me up as an example of an evil racist spewing hatefacts for all his self-righteous followers to condemn.

Fucking pussy.

*sniff*
That's the you I love. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2016, 11:01:47 AM »
*sniff*
That's the you I love.
I'm consistent. Facts matter. Always.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2016, 11:11:43 AM »
I'm consistent. Facts matter. Always.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2016, 11:35:13 AM »

I'll transcribe:

Fucking pussy.

Agree with you on all of that.

And disagree with him on all of it.

I think we all agree on this one.

That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2016, 11:37:06 AM »
I don't twatter so please to be schoolifying me on it.  How do you tell who is writing the twat?  If you see @JohnDoe followed immediately by @PilsburyDoe, does that mean John Doe is talking to P-Doe and addressing his twat, or vice versa?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2016, 11:40:18 AM »
I don't twatter so please to be schoolifying me on it.  How do you tell who is writing the twat?  If you see @JohnDoe followed immediately by @PilsburyDoe, does that mean John Doe is talking to P-Doe and addressing his twat, or vice versa?

I love to address the twat. But not just any twat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2016, 11:41:51 AM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2016, 11:43:16 AM »
I love to address the twat. But not just any twat.

I popped the twat late last night. It's why I'm dragging today.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."