#struggleoverwit
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: Auburn hates specail fokls
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2015, 11:21:04 AM »
 realize that the student was a disabled veteran.

If she is disabled then I am full on fucking walking unkeen motherfucker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2015, 12:05:44 PM »
Check out today's piece from Kevin Skrababinski.  The last two lines speak volumes in several ways.

Every misunderstanding isn't a crime, let alone a capital offense. Sometimes a mistake is just that, a mistake. Sometimes what's originally alleged isn't exactly what occurred.

That appears to be the case of the on-campus encounter last week between two male Auburn students and one female Auburn student that she said left her quite upset.

It sounds like it's time for everyone to move along with a lesson learned.

The male students were football players, and the female student was a veteran who said she suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder that necessitates she use a service dog in public. Those details made it a national headline.

Football players don't always get the benefit of the doubt - especially among rival fans - because some of their peers have done things to embarrass themselves, their families and their schools. But it's unfair to jump to the worst conclusions based on the slimmest of details.

That's what happened in some quarters after Andrew Williams and Dontavius Russell happened across Ashley Ozyurt and her service dog in the lobby area of Haley Center a week ago. She did two local television interviews afterward and said the two players tried to get her dog's attention, she asked them to stop and they responded by raising their voices and using a profane word.

The Auburn athletics department released a statement Monday night to try to clear up any lingering confusion. The statement said that "neither of the student-athletes did anything with disrespectful intent." It said that Russell "had no involvement in the interaction whatsoever" as he was walking to class and that Williams tried to get the dog's attention and "didn't understand the purpose of the dog or realize that the student was a disabled veteran."

Williams offered this apology in the statement: "I want to take this opportunity to apologize for raising my voice. I was startled and totally misunderstood the situation. My mother and father who raised me both served in the military. I have tremendous respect for veterans. In the past week, I've learned a lot more about the role of service dogs for veterans and now better understand her courage to attend Auburn."

We all should understand how much courage it takes for some veterans to attempt daily tasks that seem routine to the rest of us. As a result of this situation, we all should have a new or better understanding about the important role of service dogs.

We also should be reminded not to jump to conclusions, whether we're in the middle of a situation or on the outside looking in. There was no reason initially and there's none now to denigrate the young women or the two players. No doubt they've all learned something from the situation.

Now someone should alert ESPN.com. Auburn released its statement Monday night. As of 8:50 Tuesday morning, the web site still had an Associated Press story about the incident on its front college football page. Headline: Auburn players accused of harassing veteran. Last update: Feb. 19 at 4:26 p.m. Or five days ago.

Every fan base thinks every media outlet is out to get their favorite team, coach and players. That's not usually the case, but in this case, the misunderstandings just keep on coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2015, 12:28:19 PM »
To follow up on that, while I'm not totally in the "Everyone in the media is out to get us" camp, I agree there is plenty of bias and just downright crappy reporting.  I won't post the article from AJC because it says the same things as the reports already posted.  However, while the body of the piece is Auburn's release saying the players DID NOTHING WRONG...the headline is "Auburn player apologizes..." giving the reader, who may or may not choose to actually read the article, the immediate impression that the player did something wrong.  He had to apologize, therefore...

But, also check out the last lines from the piece.

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn apologized to Ozyurt last Wednesday.

Ozyurt, 25, who has PTSD as a result of being sexual assaulted while she was in the military, was harassed while on the way to class, she told WTVM.com.

She uses a service dog “to help her cope with PTSD,” WTVM reported.

Did you gloss over the "she told WTVM" at the end of that?  Easy to do when the first part of the line states it as fact. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2015, 12:30:04 PM »
Check out today's piece from Kevin Skrababinski.  The last two lines speak volumes in several ways.

Every misunderstanding isn't a crime, let alone a capital offense. Sometimes a mistake is just that, a mistake. Sometimes what's originally alleged isn't exactly what occurred.

That appears to be the case of the on-campus encounter last week between two male Auburn students and one female Auburn student that she said left her quite upset.

It sounds like it's time for everyone to move along with a lesson learned.

The male students were football players, and the female student was a veteran who said she suffers from post-traumatic stress disorder that necessitates she use a service dog in public. Those details made it a national headline.

Football players don't always get the benefit of the doubt - especially among rival fans - because some of their peers have done things to embarrass themselves, their families and their schools. But it's unfair to jump to the worst conclusions based on the slimmest of details.

That's what happened in some quarters after Andrew Williams and Dontavius Russell happened across Ashley Ozyurt and her service dog in the lobby area of Haley Center a week ago. She did two local television interviews afterward and said the two players tried to get her dog's attention, she asked them to stop and they responded by raising their voices and using a profane word.

The Auburn athletics department released a statement Monday night to try to clear up any lingering confusion. The statement said that "neither of the student-athletes did anything with disrespectful intent." It said that Russell "had no involvement in the interaction whatsoever" as he was walking to class and that Williams tried to get the dog's attention and "didn't understand the purpose of the dog or realize that the student was a disabled veteran."

Williams offered this apology in the statement: "I want to take this opportunity to apologize for raising my voice. I was startled and totally misunderstood the situation. My mother and father who raised me both served in the military. I have tremendous respect for veterans. In the past week, I've learned a lot more about the role of service dogs for veterans and now better understand her courage to attend Auburn."

We all should understand how much courage it takes for some veterans to attempt daily tasks that seem routine to the rest of us. As a result of this situation, we all should have a new or better understanding about the important role of service dogs.

We also should be reminded not to jump to conclusions, whether we're in the middle of a situation or on the outside looking in. There was no reason initially and there's none now to denigrate the young women or the two players. No doubt they've all learned something from the situation.

Now someone should alert ESPN.com. Auburn released its statement Monday night. As of 8:50 Tuesday morning, the web site still had an Associated Press story about the incident on its front college football page. Headline: Auburn players accused of harassing veteran. Last update: Feb. 19 at 4:26 p.m. Or five days ago.

Every fan base thinks every media outlet is out to get their favorite team, coach and players. That's not usually the case, but in this case, the misunderstandings just keep on coming.

Then what would the majority of media outlets have to do with themselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2015, 12:52:21 PM »

Hey Scarbinsky! Dontavius had no involvement in the interaction whatsoever as he was only walking to class. Perpetuating the cycle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2015, 02:45:33 PM »
Hey Scarbinsky! Dontavius had no involvement in the interaction whatsoever as he was only walking to class. Perpetuating the cycle.
RIF

He mentioned that in the article.
It said that Russell "had no involvement in the interaction whatsoever" as he was walking to class
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2015, 02:48:08 PM »
Rest In Feces?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2015, 03:16:23 PM »
Rectums Invite Fists?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2015, 03:18:52 PM »
Rebecca's Invasive Finger
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2015, 03:21:36 PM »
Reba Incites Fucking
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2015, 03:27:44 PM »
Rictators Ignore Faceshaving
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2015, 03:31:53 PM »
Rimjob In Fayetteville
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2015, 03:41:44 PM »
Rowdy in Florida
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2015, 03:55:19 PM »
RIF

He mentioned that in the article.

Buried in the column. Started with Two vs. One. Fuck him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2015, 04:15:03 PM »
Rescue if Fornicated
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2015, 05:03:20 PM »
Rape Is Fun

Wait....Felonious.  I meant Rape Is Felonious
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2015, 05:29:55 PM »
Rammit In Forcefully?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2015, 05:34:13 PM »
UNCF!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2015, 09:07:09 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions