Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Today is the day all of you gay Xers unite!

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Today is the day all of you gay Xers unite!
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2015, 10:36:31 PM »
Therein lies my point.  Despite everything you said, there is no way to make me believe that any form of slavery is justified and more importantly, that the God I worship and have learned about all my life would encourage or condone it's existence.  And it took centuries before most civilized cultures finally abolished it through laws.  No, I don't think all slave owners are/were sinners.  Again, goes even more to my point.  Slavery in many forms was common practice in those times.  The things Paul wrote of were things that were part of his culture, including slavery and ghey butt secks.  I used the slavery reference to illustrate that those who say every word of the Bible is God and the Holy Spirit speaking through certain prophets or men, are "cherry picking" themselves to bolster their argument. 

Paul said no to homosexuality.  Then, he instructed slaves to be just as obedient to their earthly masters as they are to Christ.  Didn't condemn it.  Didn't even hint that it was wrong.  You can't say every word written is the divine word of God and pick out Paul's stance on homosexuality to justify your argument, then just call slavery an accepted practice of the times.  I take it the Holy Spirit was on coffee break while Paul was writing that.

They aren't "cherry picking" and the slavery argument is bogus on its face. 

Slavery is not a sin.  Owning slaves is not a sin.  Being a slave is not a sin. Does God condone it?  I don't know.  He's smart enough to know that the institution is going to exist in humanity, particularly in ancient times.  Knowing us as He does, it makes absolute and perfect sense that the Bible would address how people should treat their servants.  Slavery still exists in many cultures.  It existed here for all but the last 150 years.  And it existed in the rest of the world for the last 30,000.  So, yeah, pretty much it's a constant.  In fact, if you look at the whole of human history places where there ISN'T slavery are not the norm, they're the anomaly. 

I have no problem with Paul's stance on slavery.  It's exactly what I would expect him to believe.  And there's nothing wrong with it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2015, 10:41:45 PM »
This is no different than your argument about murder.  Once again, common sense has to be applied at some point. Had the Bible never been written I would imagine that a civilized society would have realized the benefits of banning murder.  Likewise, a civilized society realized that slavery was wrong.  I can't really imagine how allowing same-sex marriage causes a public order danger.  Laws have to evolve, such as they did when the Internet became huge.

Whose GOD DAMN common sense?  (There, I sinned for you just to get it out of the way).  Same sex marriage is fucking unnatural.  *pun!*  Damn right it's a danger to civilized society. 

Civilized society realized slavery was wrong?  Fuck that.  The Romans were civilized as fuck.  So were the  Incans, the Mayans, the Egyptians and so on.  Slavery was an accepted part of those cultures. 

Men's laws can evolve all they fucking want to.  They can evolve to get rid of the man-made institution of slavery.  They can evolve to prevent children from working until they are of a certain age.  They can evolve to prevent kids from drinking or smoking. 

God's laws are eternal.  It's the height of hubris for man to substitute his fucking "common sense" for the word of God.  It's death is what it is. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2015, 10:53:57 PM »
Whose GOD DAMN common sense?  (There, I sinned for you just to get it out of the way).  Same sex marriage is fucking unnatural.  *pun!*  Damn right it's a danger to civilized society. 

Civilized society realized slavery was wrong?  Fuck that.  The Romans were civilized as fuck.  So were the  Incans, the Mayans, the Egyptians and so on.  Slavery was an accepted part of those cultures. 

Men's laws can evolve all they fucking want to.  They can evolve to get rid of the man-made institution of slavery.  They can evolve to prevent children from working until they are of a certain age.  They can evolve to prevent kids from drinking or smoking. 

God's laws are eternal.  It's the height of hubris for man to substitute his fucking "common sense" for the word of God.  It's death is what it is.

VV says a big black cock in his mouth is unnatural. But should always be legal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2015, 11:26:28 PM »
I think it's unnatural that my dog and cat get along just fine.  I think that SPAM is unnatural.  It doesn't mean that it's wrong and should be abolished.  I would like to hear how same-sex marriage is a danger to civilized society, though.

Cavemen were civilized society at one point.  What worked for an ancient civilization may not be applicable to shit nowadays.

I guess we should just get rid of anything the Bible didn't cover, and abide ONLY by what it says word-for-word.  If we're going that route and abiding only by the word of God, which God's word should we obey?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:29:20 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2015, 11:43:30 PM »
If it's a defect, we should search for a cure. 

There are people who are schizophrenic and murder people because the voices tell them to.  Who are we to say they are wrong because they were born that way?  Would God have made them schizophrenic if He didn't want them to murder?

Any argument you put forth can easily be invalidated.  Some things are just plain wrong.

It's a defect because you think it's a defect. And it's wrong because you think it's wrong. Other than that, any argument you put forth can be easily invalidated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2015, 12:14:01 AM »
They aren't "cherry picking" and the slavery argument is bogus on its face. 

Slavery is not a sin.  Owning slaves is not a sin.  Being a slave is not a sin. Does God condone it?  I don't know.  He's smart enough to know that the institution is going to exist in humanity, particularly in ancient times.  Knowing us as He does, it makes absolute and perfect sense that the Bible would address how people should treat their servants.  Slavery still exists in many cultures.  It existed here for all but the last 150 years.  And it existed in the rest of the world for the last 30,000.  So, yeah, pretty much it's a constant.  In fact, if you look at the whole of human history places where there ISN'T slavery are not the norm, they're the anomaly. 

I have no problem with Paul's stance on slavery.  It's exactly what I would expect him to believe.  And there's nothing wrong with it.

Insert "Homosexuality" for "Slavery".  You said Paul's views on slavery is what he BELIEVED. (Not inspired by the Holy Spirit) My argument from the start has been that there's no way to tell if every word from Paul's mouth was not God inspired.  Since God didn't say it, and Jesus didn't say it, how do you know that God/Jesus thinks homosexuality is a sin and slavery is not?  Just because Paul said it?  Slavery and homosexuality have existed since as far back as history has been recorded. Please tell me who decided, and when it was decided that one, or both, or neither, were a sin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2015, 01:29:51 AM »
Here we go with the Mother Wheel again. Either you believe that the bible is God's holy word or you deny his existence. There is no betwixt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

chinook

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2015, 01:57:14 AM »
Here we go with the Mother Wheel again. Either you believe that the bible is God's holy word or you deny his existence. There is no betwixt.

Your preacher brainwashed you well. Free thinking is void in you.  Must be a genetic mutation. Maybe we can hire a scientist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2015, 06:50:07 AM »
I think that SPAM is unnatural. 

You shut your dirty whorish mouth and keep the Spam out of this. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2015, 08:30:08 AM »
It's a defect because you think it's a defect. And it's wrong because you think it's wrong. Other than that, any argument you put forth can be easily invalidated.

I didn't say it was a defect.  But it's either a defect or a choice.  If it's a defect? Find a cure. If it's a choice then that choice doesn't deserve to be legitimized as normal any more than sex with goats, fucking a carnival ride, raping palm trees or having a dozen cousin wives would. 

I don't care what grown people do in private. Where I have a problem is forcing public acceptance of a perversion of nature. I don't my kids to be taught by teachers held up as role models who openly endorse their gay lifestyle.  I don't want them to see it is a normal or acceptable alternative.  Kids are already confused. The surge of hormones during the teenage years makes them crazy already.  Without the moral compass that traditional values provide the confusion becomes worse. My kid is already dealing with a number of friends who have decided that since "boys don't like me" they must be a lesbian. Or because they are gawky and ugly at 13 they "maybe should have been a boy". That a such bullshit.  These kids need guidance. Not "hey, hey, it's okay! Graft dick down there today!!"

It is a perversion of nature.  It goes against the natural order.  Therefore it's wrong.

There will be consequences.  Look to Rome.  We are on the same path.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2015, 08:33:23 AM »
I think it's unnatural that my dog and cat get along just fine.  I think that SPAM is unnatural.  It doesn't mean that it's wrong and should be abolished.  I would like to hear how same-sex marriage is a danger to civilized society, though.
Cavemen were civilized society at one point.  What worked for an ancient civilization may not be applicable to shit nowadays.
I guess we should just get rid of anything the Bible didn't cover, and abide ONLY by what it says word-for-word.  If we're going that route and abiding only by the word of God, which God's word should we obey?

You're argument is dumb. Your analogies are ridiculous, frivolous and don't apply.

You can't be helped.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2015, 08:41:41 AM »
Insert "Homosexuality" for "Slavery".  You said Paul's views on slavery is what he BELIEVED. (Not inspired by the Holy Spirit) My argument from the start has been that there's no way to tell if every word from Paul's mouth was not God inspired.  Since God didn't say it, and Jesus didn't say it, how do you know that God/Jesus thinks homosexuality is a sin and slavery is not?  Just because Paul said it?  Slavery and homosexuality have existed since as far back as history has been recorded. Please tell me who decided, and when it was decided that one, or both, or neither, were a sin.

Slavery is man made. It's our own societal constraint. You can't substitute a man-created institution with a perversion of the natural order.

It's as simple as genesis. Man and woman. Go forth and multiply. 

Lesbians can't.  Cocksuckers can't.

Game, set, match.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2015, 09:10:34 AM »
Your preacher brainwashed you well. Free thinking is void in you.  Must be a genetic mutation. Maybe we can hire a scientist.

It's called faith. Yours is lacking...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2015, 09:21:14 AM »

My kid is already dealing with a number of friends who have decided that since "boys don't like me" they must be a lesbian. Or because they are gawky and ugly at 13 they "maybe should have been a boy". That a such bullshit.  These kids need guidance. Not "hey, hey, it's okay! Graft dick down there today!!"

This is the issue. You think that all gay people are like the ones you described. In my opinion, those are kids that fit into both yours and CCTAU description and not who I am talking about. You guys can't fathom that there are people out there that are truly drawn to the same sex...and it has nothing to do with the sexual acts that come with it.

I am speaking of the ones that really want to be "normal" but just aren't. The ones that don't know why they aren't attracted to people of the opposite sex and are attracted to the ones of the same sex. The people that truly love another man or woman as you would your wife. It's different than what you describe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2015, 09:31:51 AM »
This is the issue. You think that all gay people are like the ones you described. In my opinion, those are kids that fit into both yours and CCTAU description and not who I am talking about. You guys can't fathom that there are people out there that are truly drawn to the same sex...and it has nothing to do with the sexual acts that come with it.

I am speaking of the ones that really want to be "normal" but just aren't. The ones that don't know why they aren't attracted to people of the opposite sex and are attracted to the ones of the same sex. The people that truly love another man or woman as you would your wife. It's different than what you describe.

Doesn't matter.  It's still wrong. 

We all have to choose not to do things we are drawn to.  I'd be a murdering mofherfucker if there were no consequences and it was considered "normal"

The people you describe should be "cured".   Because that kind of attraction is not natural. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2015, 10:02:31 AM »

Hmm. Now insert pedophile everywhere you said same sex.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2015, 10:12:46 AM »

Hmm. Now insert pedophile everywhere you said same sex.

Consenting adults.

Taking advantage of a child.

Exact same thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2015, 10:13:34 AM »
Doesn't matter.  It's still wrong. 

We all have to choose not to do things we are drawn to.  I'd be a murdering mofherfucker if there were no consequences and it was considered "normal"

The people you describe should be "cured".   Because that kind of attraction is not natural.

Except the person that you murder probably doesn't want their life taken from them...but other than that...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2015, 10:28:23 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2015, 11:39:48 AM »
This discussion is old. Are we going to fuck or not? We can take it back to PM if you want but I'm tired of the teasing.
Your shtick is old. I wanted to make up with you. Extend an olive branch. Pass the peace pipe. Let's not go down this road again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com