Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Today is the day all of you gay Xers unite!

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Today is the day all of you gay Xers unite!
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2015, 12:52:28 PM »
That's what I have been saying the whole time...

Except for the fact that there are scientists working around the clock trying to prove it is genetic, and yet they cannot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2015, 01:08:33 PM »
Except for the fact that there are scientists working around the clock trying to prove it is genetic, and yet they cannot.

There are scientists working around the clock trying to cure cancer, and yet they can not.

There are scientist working around the clock trying to clone a human, and yet they can not.

There are scientist working around the clock trying to harness the power of nuclear energy, and have yet only reached the tip of the iceberg.

So yeah...that argument is dumb...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2015, 01:32:52 PM »
Are you trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2015, 02:07:43 PM »
There are scientists working around the clock trying to cure cancer, and yet they can not. Irrelevant. Cancer has already been identified as a genetic mutation.

There are scientist working around the clock trying to clone a human, and yet they can not. Cloning of humans is against the law. I'm not sure which scientists you think are working on it....

There are scientist working around the clock trying to harness the power of nuclear energy, and have yet only reached the tip of the iceberg. Irrelevant. not a genetic mutation.

So yeah...that argument is dumb...
You call a llot of things you don't agree with "dumb". That's dumb.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2015, 02:17:24 PM »

Let's not start a holy war Harris.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2015, 02:41:32 PM »
Irrelevant. Cancer has already been identified as a genetic mutation.
At one time, causes of Cancer were a mystery.  At one time they didn't know what it was or how exactly to identify it because they didn't have the technology.  There is still plenty they don't know about it.

Cloning of humans is against the law. I'm not sure which scientists you think are working on it....
There are actually no laws against cloning in the US.  There is plenty of research happening in regard to cloning.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:43:09 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2015, 02:45:57 PM »
At one time, causes of Cancer were a mystery.  At one time they didn't know what it was or how exactly to identify it because they didn't have the technology.  There is still plenty they don't know about it.
There are actually no laws against cloning in the US.  There is plenty of research happening in regard to cloning.

So you are saying that we have mapped all other genetic defects, but the gay gene is just so darn elusive...

I said HUMAN cloning. And if you think there are no laws against it, try it and let people know you are trying it...I realize you are trying to find that perfect goat and keep a steady stream of them, but humans are a different story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2015, 03:09:53 PM »

Hey bartender, JoBu needs a refill!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2015, 03:16:21 PM »
So you are saying that we have mapped all other genetic defects, but the gay gene is just so darn elusive...

I said HUMAN cloning. And if you think there are no laws against it, try it and let people know you are trying it...I realize you are trying to find that perfect goat and keep a steady stream of them, but humans are a different story.

I never said it was a genetic defect. You said that.

You believe what you want to believe and I will as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2015, 03:21:44 PM »
We're dealing with a lot of shit
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2015, 03:40:57 PM »
This whole forum is going to hell anyways, come ride the bus with us.

Signed,
Godfather, Uncle Sani, Pell City
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2015, 03:42:57 PM »
This whole forum is going to hell anyways, come ride the bus with us.

Signed,
Godfather, Uncle Sani, Pell City

Booze, hookers and rock n roll?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2015, 06:17:58 PM »
If I was a gay man, me and WE would be having some nekkid time.  But in all seriousness, his take on the Bible being written by mortal man is exactly what I was trying to convey earlier about taking into consideration the times, places and events that existed when it was written.  Plus, Ogre asked the question of whether I cherry pick the parts that I want to use.  I gave the example of Paul speaking on slavery.  Here are several versions from Ephesians 6:5

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ.

New Living Translation
Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ.

English Standard Version
Bondservants, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ,

New American Standard Bible
Slaves, be obedient to those who are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the sincerity of your heart, as to Christ;

King James Bible
Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;

I have a question.  All X jokes aside, does anyone here believe that slavery of any kind is acceptable or that the God you worship encourages or even condones it? I'll answer that.  Of course not.  But these are supposedly instructions from Paul inspired by the Holy Spirit, just as much as him instructing the Church not to engage in the ghey butt secks.  He didn't say not to enslave people.  He didn't say it was wrong.  He didn't say it's a sin.  He instructed enslaved people to be obedient to their worldly masters just as they are obedient to Christ.

And spare me the Greek translations of "slaves" and what he really meant.  That was just something that was just as acceptable in those times as stoning someone to death for adultery.

I already answered this.  Slavery existed. Has existed for most of history. Still exists. Will exist for centuries to come in some areas.

Slavery is a man-made institution.  It's not out of the realm for the prophets to address it.  It makes perfect sense that it would be.  Is owning slaves a sin? It absolutely is not. That's the law of man.  Treating them poorly? Harming them?  Yeah. Maybe then it would be sinful.  But slavery was an ordinary thing in the time of the writings. Of course there would be divine guidance on how to treat a fellow human being in that social constraint.

Are all slave owners unrepentant sinners and doomed to hell? Nope.

There are laws regarding slavery in the constitution. Guess we should just chunk that shit too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

chinook

« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2015, 07:40:04 PM »
Here is my 3 dollar bill opinion. 

Religion as we know is dynamic in diversity on a global scale.  I'm a Christian.  I respect others who are zealous in different faiths.  I respect the numerous interpretations within the Christian faith. 

Religion is dynamic...it is changing.  There will always be the foundation philosophies/morals/ truths that will not change as it's the basis of humanity.  "Thou Shalt not be a Homosexual"  isn't one of those.  Sure it is cited in the bible as being a sin but I think that is open to interpretation as several denominations have accepted it.   Again...change. 

What I don't care for is the hypocrisy and disrespect found in the religious landscape.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:11:57 PM by chinook »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2015, 08:06:56 PM »
Here is my 3 dollar bill opinion. 

Religion as we know is dynamic in diversity on a global scale.  I'm a Christian.  I respect others who are zealous in different faiths.  I respect the numerous interpretations within the Christian faith. 

Religion is dynamic...it is changing.  There will always be the foundation philosophies/morals/ truths that will not change has it is the basis of humanity.  "Thou Shalt not be a Homosexual"  isn't one of those.  Sure it is cited in the bible has being a sin but I think that is open to interpretation as several denominations have accepted it.   Again...change. 

What I don't care for is the hypocrisy and disrespect found in the religious landscape.

Well put...

And may I add, religion itself hasn't been THE problem. It's organized religion that creates the politics and hypocrisy for ulterior motives. Has been that way since Rome. And still is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2015, 08:24:51 PM »
There are plenty of genetic defects that haven't been mastered or fully explored.  I don't know that homosexuality is or isn't decided by some genetic factor.  It can't be proven either way at this point.  It really doesn't matter whether or not it is honestly.

Human cloning is not illegal in the United States.  There are maybe a handful of states that have laws against reproductive cloning, but none have laws against therapeutic cloning.  There are no federal laws against either form of cloning.  US scientists have successfully cloned human embryos from skin cells for that matter. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Token

« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2015, 08:49:49 PM »
Foundation for moral law.  Do some research on that shit and try to honestly tell me that Roy Moore gives a single fuck about the commandments or gay marriage.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:53:52 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2015, 08:53:43 PM »
I already answered this.  Slavery existed. Has existed for most of history. Still exists. Will exist for centuries to come in some areas.

Slavery is a man-made institution.  It's not out of the realm for the prophets to address it.  It makes perfect sense that it would be.  Is owning slaves a sin? It absolutely is not. That's the law of man.  Treating them poorly? Harming them?  Yeah. Maybe then it would be sinful.  But slavery was an ordinary thing in the time of the writings. Of course there would be divine guidance on how to treat a fellow human being in that social constraint.

Are all slave owners unrepentant sinners and doomed to hell? Nope.

There are laws regarding slavery in the constitution. Guess we should just chunk that shit too.

Therein lies my point.  Despite everything you said, there is no way to make me believe that any form of slavery is justified and more importantly, that the God I worship and have learned about all my life would encourage or condone it's existence.  And it took centuries before most civilized cultures finally abolished it through laws.  No, I don't think all slave owners are/were sinners.  Again, goes even more to my point.  Slavery in many forms was common practice in those times.  The things Paul wrote of were things that were part of his culture, including slavery and ghey butt secks.  I used the slavery reference to illustrate that those who say every word of the Bible is God and the Holy Spirit speaking through certain prophets or men, are "cherry picking" themselves to bolster their argument. 

Paul said no to homosexuality.  Then, he instructed slaves to be just as obedient to their earthly masters as they are to Christ.  Didn't condemn it.  Didn't even hint that it was wrong.  You can't say every word written is the divine word of God and pick out Paul's stance on homosexuality to justify your argument, then just call slavery an accepted practice of the times.  I take it the Holy Spirit was on coffee break while Paul was writing that.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2015, 10:16:27 PM »
This is no different than your argument about murder.  Once again, common sense has to be applied at some point.  Had the Bible never been written I would imagine that a civilized society would have realized the benefits of banning murder.  Likewise, a civilized society realized that slavery was wrong.  I can't really imagine how allowing same-sex marriage causes a public order danger.  Laws have to evolve, such as they did when the Internet became huge. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2015, 10:28:35 PM »
]I guess it just basically boils down to that I personally believe that true gay people are born that way.

If it's a defect, we should search for a cure. 

There are people who are schizophrenic and murder people because the voices tell them to.  Who are we to say they are wrong because they were born that way?  Would God have made them schizophrenic if He didn't want them to murder?

Any argument you put forth can easily be invalidated.  Some things are just plain wrong. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.