Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Can't Pull for Alabama

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: I Can't Pull for Alabama
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2014, 02:30:11 PM »
What happens to State if Bama wins a close one and wins out and other 3 win out? It looks like either Bama or state get screwed and prob Bama.

Surely they don't whack an undefeated team to make room. But if FSU looks sloppy, maybe.

Btw, I'm thinking the Gators have a shot at FSU.
If Bama wins out, they're in.  Especially if MSU wins out after Bama.  Judging by everything that the committee has done so far, there is no way to justify leaving them out.  The committee has also shown that just because you're undefeated doesn't mean you're automatically best either.  If you're going by Sagarin Ratings when looking at who has the most difficult schedule, Auburn is #2, Alabama is #3, MSU is #45 and FSU is #51.  FSU's best win is against a then #5 ranked team that has since lost another game by 24 points.  Outside of that, they have wins against then #22 and #25 teams; one of which has dropped out of the top 25. 

I could see them leaving FSU out due to their easy schedule.  They would probably lose 2-3 games if they were in the SECW.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2014, 02:56:17 PM »
If Bama wins out, they're in.  Especially if MSU wins out after Bama.  Judging by everything that the committee has done so far, there is no way to justify leaving them out.  The committee has also shown that just because you're undefeated doesn't mean you're automatically best either.  If you're going by Sagarin Ratings when looking at who has the most difficult schedule, Auburn is #2, Alabama is #3, MSU is #45 and FSU is #51.  FSU's best win is against a then #5 ranked team that has since lost another game by 24 points.  Outside of that, they have wins against then #22 and #25 teams; one of which has dropped out of the top 25. 

I could see them leaving FSU out due to their easy schedule.  They would probably lose 2-3 games if they were in the SECW.
So, in your scenario, Bama and MSU could make it? I can't see an undefeated FSU drooping out, or any other team that doesn't lose.

I'm thinking the margin of victory factors more for Bama than State. If State barely wins, they are good. If Bama barely wins, I don't know that State drops out and Bama replaces them.

Maybe so but it looks like the old "if you're going to lose, lose early" may still apply.

Maybe if you're in now, you stay in as long as you keep winning, regardless of margin. It will be interesting.

I didn't want us to win the west, while we were still in the top 4. Now, that looks like our only option is to win the SEC, so I'm all in for the ATL. I don't have any trouble pulling for Bama Saturday but I'm not banking on all of the wins that have to happen in order for us to make it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2014, 03:03:09 PM »
So, in your scenario, Bama and MSU could make it? I can't see an undefeated FSU drooping out, or any other team that doesn't lose.

I'm thinking the margin of victory factors more for Bama than State. If State barely wins, they are good. If Bama barely wins, I don't know that State drops out and Bama replaces them.

Maybe so but it looks like the old "if you're going to lose, lose early" may still apply.

Maybe if you're in now, you stay in as long as you keep winning, regardless of margin. It will be interesting.

I didn't want us to win the west, while we were still in the top 4. Now, that looks like our only option is to win the SEC, so I'm all in for the ATL. I don't have any trouble pulling for Bama Saturday but I'm not banking on all of the wins that have to happen in order for us to make it.

We need three wins outside of Auburn winning out.

Alabama to beat Mississippi State.

Ole Miss to beat Arkansas and Mississippi State.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2014, 03:05:29 PM »
We need three wins outside of Auburn winning out.

Alabama to beat Mississippi State.

Ole Miss to beat Arkansas and Mississippi State.
Don't we also need SC to beat Gators? If we tie at two losses with State for the tie breaker?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2014, 03:19:08 PM »

I promise there will only be one SEC team in this thing. Right now, they have it perfectly representative. There's still some working-itself-out to do, but if they have ONE SEC team (Preferably the SEC Champion. After this week it will be the winner of MSU-Bama), ONE Pac-10 team (Preferably Oregon), ONE ACC team (undefeated two years running FSU), and ONE Big XII team (TCU or Baylor).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2014, 03:29:02 PM »
Don't we also need SC to beat Gators? If we tie at two losses with State for the tie breaker?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2014, 03:44:26 PM »
MSU is in a precarious situation.  If they lose to Bama, all they have after that are Vandy and Ole Miss.  If MSU loses a very close game to Bama, maybe they only drop a few spots.  Their remaining games alone don't carry enough weight to get them back in, so they are going to need some help.  Bottom line, if MSU loses, I don't see them getting back in.   

It doesn't matter if Bama wins by a point in two OTs.  This late in the season, ranked where Bama is, if you beat the #1 team and win out the rest of the way you're in.  If MSU wins by a point in two OTs, they're in as long as they win out.  Like you said, if you're going to lose then lose early.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2014, 03:50:14 PM »

What am I missing? If Bama and ole miss beat state and we win out, we (Bama, state, ole miss and us--are tied, right? Then, I understood it comes to cross divisional rival SOS when selecting the west champ.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2014, 03:58:55 PM »
I promise there will only be one SEC team in this thing. Right now, they have it perfectly representative. There's still some working-itself-out to do, but if they have ONE SEC team (Preferably the SEC Champion. After this week it will be the winner of MSU-Bama), ONE Pac-10 team (Preferably Oregon), ONE ACC team (undefeated two years running FSU), and ONE Big XII team (TCU or Baylor).
I thought this even early on. They didn't mind ranking a couple of west SEC teams early because they knew we would beat each other out of it.

I remember people saying on here that this increases our SEC chances because we would get two teams in. I disagree. Even with the argument that its good for espn, there is too much influence by the other conferences. This is all about giving the other big conferences a better chance to win.

Ohio state, Notre Dame and FSU have freaking cake walks compared to anyone in the west, yet, they are still struggling.

Until they double this thing to 8, we are at a distinct disadvantage in the west division of the Sec. For the first time evah, I'm for moving to the east.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2014, 04:01:23 PM »
For the first time evah, I'm for moving to the east.

I can get behind that, do you need help with your bags?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2014, 04:03:05 PM »
I thought this even early on. They didn't mind ranking a couple of west SEC teams early because they knew we would beat each other out of it.

I remember people saying on here that this increases our SEC chances because we would get two teams in. I disagree. Even with the argument that its good for espn, there is too much influence by the other conferences. This is all about giving the other big conferences a better chance to win.

So what would they have done if #3 ranked Auburn had beaten aTm and won out then along with MS State winning out and going to SEC Championship?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2014, 04:03:45 PM »
Until they double this thing to 8, we are at a distinct disadvantage in the west division of the Sec. For the first time evah, I'm for moving to the east.
The SECCG puts the SEC itself at a disadvantage as well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2014, 04:04:11 PM »
MSU is in a precarious situation.  If they lose to Bama, all they have after that are Vandy and Ole Miss.  If MSU loses a very close game to Bama, maybe they only drop a few spots.  Their remaining games alone don't carry enough weight to get them back in, so they are going to need some help.  Bottom line, if MSU loses, I don't see them getting back in.   
It doesn't matter if Bama wins by a point in two OTs.  This late in the season, ranked where Bama is, if you beat the #1 team and win out the rest of the way you're in.  If MSU wins by a point in two OTs, they're in as long as they win out.  Like you said, if you're going to lose then lose early.
I just don't know that a close loss in ot by state to Bama drops them completely out. If it doesn't then what I'm asking is who drops out to make room for Bama?

I don't think there's any way to know until these things happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2014, 04:07:58 PM »
So what would they have done if #3 ranked Auburn had beaten aTm and won out then along with MS State winning out and going to SEC Championship?
I think we would've gone. I just think they knew the chances were slim (the committe). Back to the SEC champ, nobody answered my question.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2014, 04:14:18 PM »
I can get behind that, do you need help with your bags?
I've got a sack that you and your friend that liked your comment can help me with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2014, 04:42:48 PM »
What am I missing? If Bama and ole miss beat state and we win out, we (Bama, state, ole miss and us--are tied, right? Then, I understood it comes to cross divisional rival SOS when selecting the west champ.
:facepalm: Apparently you are missing the first few posts of this thread.

Here's the link to the tie breaker rules. If AU, UA, MSU and OM wind up in 4 way tie, AU wins because head to head against the other three, we have only one loss. 

MSU would have lost to the two teams we beat (OM and AL) so they would have two losses in the four team head to head.

UA would also have two losses among the four (AU and OM).

OM would have one loss among the four (AU).  So the head to head would be AU and OM, and AU holds the tie breaker over OM.

The TAMU loss doesn't hurt us. But we have to win out. That's a tall order.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEC_Championship_Game#Three_or_more-team_procedure
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 04:44:26 PM by Ranger12 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2014, 05:09:52 PM »
:facepalm: Apparently you are missing the first few posts of this thread.
This is good but next time see to it that you respond quicker and lose the condescending attitude with me. I don't have time to go  looking back through all the horseshoot that others on here post. I'm a very important man. Remember that. Carry on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2014, 05:14:20 PM »
This is good but next time see to it that you respond quicker and lose the condescending attitude with me. I don't have time looking back through all the horseshit that others on here post. I'm a very important man. Remember that. Carry on.

If I take the time to make a post, then it is your obligation to read it. I am way more important than you.  Know why?  I have boobies, actual GIRL boobies, which are sorely lacking around here.

Bet I would get more votes than you in the "Who's More Important on the X?" contest. I am a limited commodity.  You are interchangeable and expendable.

Remember that.  Carry on.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2014, 05:18:52 PM »
I trump you both. By a lot.  Not only do I post with a deadly combination of spot-on information, opinion and unmatched wit that people shiver in moist anticipation of, I also have a killer set of man boobs.

Fight for second place if you must.  It makes no difference.

Carry on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2014, 05:19:30 PM »
I trump you both. By a lot.  Not only do I post with a deadly combination of spot-on information, opinion and unmatched wit that people shiver in moist anticipation of, I also have a killer set of man boobs.

Fight for second place if you must.  It makes no difference.

Carry on.
Who are you again?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum