Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Can't Pull for Alabama

Re: I Can't Pull for Alabama
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2014, 09:29:25 AM »
Really, there's only one thing to do now.  Win the whole goddamn thing.

You guys stink!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2014, 09:39:53 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2014, 09:54:25 AM »
I don't agree that we don't deserve to be in the playoff.  I haven't seen anyone that I don't think we can't hang with. 

Have we shot ourselves in the foot multiple times...yes.  I do think that we are a better team than both of the teams we have lost to. I also think that if we cut out the BS mistakes we are in the top 2 of the best teams in the nation. 

We still have 3 games left and I ain't conceding shit!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2014, 09:55:04 AM »
Let me interrupt the analysis to say first that the new top 4 are MSU, Oregon, FSU and TCU.  Bama stayed either 5th or 6th.  Can't recall.  Anyway, I say that to segue into a meaningless rant.  Heard Gary Danielson on PF last night.  Contrary to the feelings of most on here, I actually like his takes for the most part.  Not always but then, who do you agree with 100% of the time?  But last night was just classic  :facepalm:

Note to Gary, Finedong and the overwhelming majority of media members.  Every single time that Bama and LSU play, it is NOT the game of the century.  These are NOT the most incredibly talented, athletic, best coached, unbelievable teams to ever grace a football field together.  Of course, the only topic talked about was "Tell us about what you thought of Bama/LSU" and "Tell us your thoughts on Bama/MSU coming up."

Gary:  First off, the intensity....the unbelievable hitting. Paul, you were down on the field.  Was that not the most intense game you've ever seen?

PF:  Wow, incredible.

Gary:  I can just hear Nick Saban in the locker room after the game.  "Everyone who wants to play in the NFL one day, raise your hand.  Well, what you just experienced out there is the way it is every Sunday in the NFL."  Paul, these were two NFL type teams going at each other with 240 pound backs and 320 pound linemen and neither would give an inch and Blake Sims had an AJ McCarron moment and no one can possibly understand the unbelievable pressure and intensity of the moment on that last drive and I've never seen.....

The committee, which I hate, didn't buy in.  They said an ass-whipping over a top 10 team far outweighs a struggle and lucky breaks to beat a very average LSU.  That's right, LSU is an average, at best, SEC team.  They've had their shit pushed in twice. They squeaked by a horrible Florida team.  They did beat Ole Miss (And stormed the field) but could only muster 10 whole points in doing so.  They have no QB and their entire offense consists of handing the ball off up the middle all night long.  Baton Rude is NOT the worst place on earth to play.  I've been there when the game was on the line and thought how much louder JHS was.  And guess what.  When an opposing LB is closing in to make a tackle, he really doesn't give a fucking damn how long the fans have been drinking that day.

Again ,glad the committee didn't buy in.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:59:17 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2014, 10:19:42 AM »
I'm ready for Gary and Verne's generation to just...well, is wrong to say die off?  Retire maybe?  But they won't seem to retire even though their faces are falling off. 

They love that old fashioned, slam into the line of scrimmage, boring ass football that Alabama and LSU play every year.  I'm sure they said the same thing about Michigan-Ohio State back when Tressel was coaching against Carr. 

But they aren't the only two that feel that way.  There are plenty of people in influential positions that have archaic and atavistic feelings about football.  I just heard Mike Greenberg say that Ohio State could have an argument for the final four because they beat Minnesota (lolwut) and will face a potential top 12 Nebraska team if Nebraska wins out.  That's someone that genuinely feels that Minnesota and Nebraska are quality wins and could propel a team over SEC teams, Oregon, Florida State, TCU, and whoever else has been putting on a show.  All because of Big 10 blood running in their veins. 

Luckily though, the committee doesn't seem to give a shit.  I can't tell you how surprised and pleased I am with the committee.  None of them are buying into the traditionalism, the eye tests, and the "supposed-to-bes."  All they are asking is what have you done on the field and against what opponents? 

Also, they're sticking to their opinions on who the best teams are.  Some may dislike this strategy because it doesn't punish teams enough for losing.  Take Auburn for instance.  Lose to Miss State, get ranked 3rd.  Lose to Texas A&M, drop to 9th.  Or Ole Miss.  Lose to LSU, drop to 4th.  Lose to Auburn, drop to 11th. 

The old polls would just throw teams away once they hit a loss or two.  Instead of admitting that a one or two loss team can still be one of the top five or ten teams, they would just throw them around 18 or 19 so that they never have a chance at redemption. 

Not any more. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2014, 10:32:55 AM »
I'm ready for Gary and Verne's generation to just...well, is wrong to say die off?  Retire maybe?  But they won't seem to retire even though their faces are falling off. 

They love that old fashioned, slam into the line of scrimmage, boring ass football that Alabama and LSU play every year.  I'm sure they said the same thing about Michigan-Ohio State back when Tressel was coaching against Carr. 

But they aren't the only two that feel that way.  There are plenty of people in influential positions that have archaic and atavistic feelings about football.  I just heard Mike Greenberg say that Ohio State could have an argument for the final four because they beat Minnesota (lolwut) and will face a potential top 12 Nebraska team if Nebraska wins out.  That's someone that genuinely feels that Minnesota and Nebraska are quality wins and could propel a team over SEC teams, Oregon, Florida State, TCU, and whoever else has been putting on a show.  All because of Big 10 blood running in their veins. 

Luckily though, the committee doesn't seem to give a shit.  I can't tell you how surprised and pleased I am with the committee.  None of them are buying into the traditionalism, the eye tests, and the "supposed-to-bes."  All they are asking is what have you done on the field and against what opponents? 

Also, they're sticking to their opinions on who the best teams are.  Some may dislike this strategy because it doesn't punish teams enough for losing.  Take Auburn for instance.  Lose to Miss State, get ranked 3rd.  Lose to Texas A&M, drop to 9th.  Or Ole Miss.  Lose to LSU, drop to 4th.  Lose to Auburn, drop to 11th. 

The old polls would just throw teams away once they hit a loss or two.  Instead of admitting that a one or two loss team can still be one of the top five or ten teams, they would just throw them around 18 or 19 so that they never have a chance at redemption. 

Not any more.
Exactly. I've been saying since before they came out with their first poll and especially after that first week. They are doing everything right. I get their methodology and it is basically what I feel like I have been screaming into a void all these years should be how it works.

And to Snag's point, it is tearing ESPN up. I watched the poll countdown show last night. Reece Davis was practically in tears saying "BUT BAMA!" They put all these graphics up showing that Bama had the #4 SOS in the country (before playing us & MSU? How? WVU that difference maker? Pfft.) And showing that TCU and Baylor are 242nd & 985th or whatever. Danny Kannell with all his SEC trolling glory even sounded dumbfounded that the committee dared to go with TCU over Bama Almighty.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11861305
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #66 on: November 12, 2014, 10:40:30 AM »
Gary:  First off, the intensity....the unbelievable hitting. Paul, you were down on the field.  Was that not the most intense game you've ever seen?

I will say this, if you watched that game and did not see the ferocious hitting going on, then you were either drunk or stoned.

I was envious of a defense that was comfortable enough to run up and put everything into every hit without worrying if they missed there was no one behind them. I've seen more of our players run up and stop this season/ Or dive at the feet. Man up. Hit them square on and try to knock their jock off. Sure you might get run over a couple of times, but at least let them know you are there. i was happy to see Neiko Whitehead back. At least he will pop a runner.

Our D seems so confused that they cannot just play ball. And that is what I liked about the turd/LSU game. LSU won that and then pulled a hatter there at the end.

On another note, I don't think the turd defense can play like that against us. We are not a line up and run right at you type of offense. You have to take good angles with us. And that is a good thing. It take away a lot of those easy hard hits.

I just want to win out and dash the hopes of uga and turd. If we get a break and get into the SECCG, then so be it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2014, 10:45:36 AM »
I will say this, if you watched that game and did not see the ferocious hitting going on, then you were either drunk or stoned.

He was both.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2014, 10:46:16 AM »

I was envious of a defense that was comfortable enough to run up and put everything into every hit without worrying if they missed there was no one behind them.

Both defenses (LSU and Bama) are built on read and react.  Both offenses are slow progressing, run up the middle, slug-it-out snoozefests. 

It's pretty easy to get big hits when you're taking on a fullback lead blocking for a skinnier fullback on an ISO.

Also, both LSU and Alabama have shit ass quarterbacks, so when they didn't have to check the downfield passing game, they could play closer to the line of scrimmage and just read the hole.  Then fill it.  Then Gary and Verne would splooge. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2014, 10:46:42 AM »
Exactly. I've been saying since before they came out with their first poll and especially after that first week. They are doing everything right. I get their methodology and it is basically what I feel like I have been screaming into a void all these years should be how it works.

And to Snag's point, it is tearing ESPN up. I watched the poll countdown show last night. Reece Davis was practically in tears saying "BUT BAMA!" They put all these graphics up showing that Bama had the #4 SOS in the country (before playing us & MSU? How? WVU that difference maker? Pfft.) And showing that TCU and Baylor are 242nd & 985th or whatever. Danny Kannell with all his SEC trolling glory even sounded dumbfounded that the committee dared to go with TCU over Bama Almighty.

You need to get your typewriter checked out. I've noticed a lot of your words are just randomly appearing in bold print. Disregard if this is intentional. I haven't read any of it so maybe it is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Token

« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2014, 10:49:40 AM »
I like the committee so far.  I was really worried about the human element, worried that ESPN, SI etc. would influence how the committee voted.  So far they haven't.  And it doesn't bother me that Alabama is out of the top 4, because if they beat #1 this weekend and probably another top 10 in two weeks, AND win the SEC.....they will finish in the top 4. 

If they don't, they are out. 

FSU loses?  Out.  MSU? Oregon? TCU?  All finished if they lose.  Really, it's only a 4 team playoff AFTER the regular season is over.  Until then?  It appears to be a 10 team playoff and every week counts. 

I like it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2014, 10:50:48 AM »

See I think the committee is very smart, I give them a lot of credit.  bama will be in the top 4 if they beat MSU this week. So jumping TCU after an impressive Kansas State victory gives them the spot (that I think they deserve) and the bama issue will take care of itself after this weekend.  Smart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2014, 11:00:05 AM »
See I think the committee is very smart, I give them a lot of credit.  bama will be in the top 4 if they beat MSU this week. So jumping TCU after an impressive Kansas State victory gives them the spot (that I think they deserve) and the bama issue will take care of itself after this weekend.  Smart.
What happens to State if Bama wins a close one and wins out and other 3 win out? It looks like either Bama or state get screwed and prob Bama.

Surely they don't whack an undefeated team to make room. But if FSU looks sloppy, maybe.

Btw, I'm thinking the Gators have a shot at FSU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2014, 11:03:14 AM »

I was envious of a defense that was comfortable enough to run up and put everything into every hit without worrying if they missed there was no one behind them. I've seen more of our players run up and stop this season/ Or dive at the feet. Man up. Hit them square on and try to knock their jock off. Sure you might get run over a couple of times, but at least let them know you are there. i was happy to see Neiko Whitehead back. At least he will pop a runner.

Our D seems so confused that they cannot just play ball. And that is what I liked about the turd/LSU game. LSU won that and then pulled a hatter there at the end.

On another note, I don't think the turd defense can play like that against us. We are not a line up and run right at you type of offense. You have to take good angles with us. And that is a good thing. It take away a lot of those easy hard hits.

I just want to win out and dash the hopes of uga and turd. If we get a break and get into the SECCG, then so be it.

Didn't watch all the game.  Driving home from AU.  The point is that Danielson was talking about this game as if every player on the field was Ray Lewis in his prime.  I've seen LSU play both on TV and in person and trust me, they didn't morph into the Ravens just because they took Bama to overtime. LSU is not a good team but playing the Tahd close automatically means you're NFL caliber. 

It's the same with Arkansas.  A 14-13 loss meant "They're the best no-wins-in-6-years team on the planet."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2014, 11:04:49 AM »

Don't count out the U this weekend, either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2014, 11:11:07 AM »
Didn't watch all the game.  Driving home from AU.  The point is that Danielson was talking about this game as if every player on the field was Ray Lewis in his prime.  I've seen LSU play both on TV and in person and trust me, they didn't morph into the Ravens just because they took Bama to overtime. LSU is not a good team but playing the Tahd close automatically means you're NFL caliber. 

It's the same with Arkansas.  A 14-13 loss meant "They're the best no-wins-in-6-years team on the planet."

I think it was more a result of the way both teams match up against each other. And that made it look like an NFL game. A lot of straight up head to head hits.

I don't think we give them that opportunity. But they were laying some leather.

And i have not seen our defense do that this season. We have a spot here or there where we get a good hit in, but even Therezie has not had a lot of good hits. We just look too confused to hit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2014, 11:21:15 AM »

I think they do as well but you know a lot of the credit for the scheming has to go to Muschamp for coming up with such a good gameplan to keep their minds elsewhere.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2014, 12:06:11 PM »
What happens to State if Bama wins a close one and wins out and other 3 win out? It looks like either Bama or state get screwed and prob Bama.

Surely they don't whack an undefeated team to make room. But if FSU looks sloppy, maybe.
Bama will be 4 (maybe 3), MSU 5. If they win, book this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2014, 12:19:38 PM »
I think they do as well but you know a lot of the credit for the scheming has to go to Muschamp for coming up with such a good gameplan to keep their minds elsewhere.

You think the Unis are something, wait till you see the Coaches shirts.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2014, 12:55:54 PM »
You think the Unis are something, wait till you see the Coaches shirts.

Oh shart
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions