Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I Can't Pull for Alabama

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: I Can't Pull for Alabama
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2014, 04:28:25 PM »
I am not going to pull for Alabama, but I am not going to be upset if they win. If both Auburn and Alabama win, November 29th decides who goes to the SEC Championship game.

Because CBS picked up the Egg Bowl, we will know early into the Iron Bowl if the winner goes to Atlanta.

Fuck all of you saying you don't want to go or that we don't deserve to go. That is the most assinine thing I have read. If Auburn beat UGA and Alabama at home, and wins the SEC, y'all can kiss my ass if you don't want Auburn to be a part of the playoffs.

That's the dumbest shit I have read on here. And with a site that has some of the posters the X has, that is saying a lot.

I think what most people are saying (and they are basing it on last Sat) is that they don't see a team capable of doing what needs to be done. Not that they don't want them to do it. JMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2014, 04:30:46 PM »
I am not going to pull for Alabama, but I am not going to be upset if they win. If both Auburn and Alabama win, November 29th decides who goes to the SEC Championship game.

Because CBS picked up the Egg Bowl, we will know early into the Iron Bowl if the winner goes to Atlanta.

Fuck all of you saying you don't want to go or that we don't deserve to go. That is the most assinine thing I have read. If Auburn beat UGA and Alabama at home, and wins the SEC, y'all can kiss my ass if you don't want Auburn to be a part of the playoffs.

That's the dumbest shit I have read on here. And with a site that has some of the posters the X has, that is saying a lot.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinions and some, like mine, were directly on the heals of a one of the worse feelings that I have had after an Auburn loss since the BCSNCG.

I still have hope we can win out, that is just me and how I think. Point still remains though, the D has to get better starting now or it could get ugly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2014, 04:41:55 PM »
LSU went to the BCS (and won) with 2 losses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2014, 04:43:49 PM »
I thought you were an atheist.
Yes, I'm thankfull to God for the miraculous turnaround from 2012. Thank you Lord for bringing Gus home.

But how many national chpionships could we have won with a decent tackling defense? The answer is 2. If we don't develop more pass rush from the front 4 and improve tackling in the back these remaining games, I'm praying for new defensive coaches.
No sir. What we lack is one bad passed rush end to cover many of the flaws that we have. That's no revelation...just a fact.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2014, 04:44:54 PM »
Everyone that's saying that Auburn doesn't deserve going to the SEC Championship Game...

Raise your hand if you'd be happy if Auburn went to the SEC Championship Game and won.
My hand is raised...both of them actually...as I'm praising the Lord for the miracle he gave us lowly fans.

Raise your hand or hands if you'd be happy to see Auburn in the Championship Playoff.
My hands are still raised from the first statement.

Do I think it's possible? Yes. Probable? No to both.
#iiswichoo

I have no idea how we would fare, but I would love to be there again while the turds get beat by nobody...again!

And while it might look bad, thus team could go off at any time in a big way. The talent and explosiveness of the offense could hang with anyone barring mistakes. And then if the defense gets lucky, who knows.

We are an anomaly. But we have as much right as any of the others to be there if we win out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2014, 04:45:11 PM »
Guys, guys, let's settle down and look at this objectively. I know everyone has been waiting for me to break the game film down and I was able to do that yesterday. Basically what happened was they were hiking the ball and throwing that bastard anywhere the fuck they wanted to in JHS.

They ran it toward the endzone effectively as well. They crossed the goal line several times and that allotted for six points on each occasion.

As best I can tell, what happened was that we ran out of luck. We're all out of the juice. We're fucked up guys. Snake eyes.

That's all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2014, 04:47:12 PM »
How do you type with both hands up in the air?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2014, 04:48:02 PM »

You think they give two flying fucks about those losses or how they looked in any of their other wins?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2014, 04:53:14 PM »

And, they jumped like 5 spots or so to land in the title game?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2014, 05:45:39 PM »
And I'm not trying to be a homer. Far from it. Its more of an observation that we really have lost perspective on what bad is and, like Chad said, starting to eerily sound like Bammers in many ways.
I really hate when people bring karma and whatnot into the fortunes of the Auburn football team, but part of me wants to tell the Auburn fans that bitched about the way in which we beat the #3 team in the country, to whom we were underdogs...hope you're happy. You wanted so badly to bitch about how awful we are and how shitty we looked. Well, THIS WEEKEND you got your wish.

Alabama is every bit the "team of destiny" people said we were last year. Lucky fucking assed breaks every step of the way. They SHOULD have lost to Arkansas and LSU. They looked like shit against West Virginia and Florida. Yes, we lost to a team that they beat the pants off of 59-0. But they should have lost to teams we beat 45-21 and 41-7.

And the only reason we lost to aTm is because we did it to ourselves. Well, the refs helped their fair share (CAP recovered that goddamn fumble. The A&M kid pretty much admitted it.), but I'm not going to fall into that excuse. We shouldn't have let it get that close. The 10 point swing from the blocked field goal ran all the way back on us was the dagger in our heart. Turning the ball over on our first possession again to allow them to go up 14-0 in the first two minutes of the game didn't help. Neither did Reese's butt fumble. Neither did CAP fumbling in the first place.

All of that shit combined was the complete antithesis of the "everything going right" "team of destiny" shit we heard last year (and even last week after the Ole Miss game). In those cases we're talking about a play here or there. With the exception of the UGA game (that was cancelling out a blown Murray TD call), the others were more about pure skill than luck, but I've ranted on that before. Anyway, we fucked up in every way imaginable against A&M and were still in position to win the game at the very end.

So what does it all mean? I still think we're better than just about every team in the country. But I also think we shoot ourselves in the goddamn foot more than any of them. Whose fault is that? I don't know. Can we get our shit together to close out amen-corner? I doubt it. But it is possible that this pisses our team off enough to focus their rage on flawless execution to put together a complete game like we did against the corndogs. And if we do that, our best is good enough to beat both UGA and Bama, IMO.

Oh and there's pretty much zero chance we make it to Atlanta, much less the playoffs, but I'll be goddamned if I don't want us to play in either if the clouds parted and the stars aligned and that miracle was granted. As others eluded to, if we make it to Atlanta, then mathematically, we deserve it.

And I know math.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 05:49:02 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2014, 05:54:32 PM »
I am not really complaining about where we are. I recall 2012 and just how deep that shithole was...take away 2013 and we are STILL fucking light years away from that. And I'm grateful.

But I am also a realist. I love Auburn but you can't tell me that the way we are playing RIGHT NOW we would win the playoffs. That doesn't mean that can't change but it's going to take a fuck load more than the dominoes falling our way. And it damn sure doesn't mean I don't want us to kick the shit out of Georgia and Bammer. If we do that...if we look like the team that kicked the shit out of LSU...then I will happily kiss your ass and say I don't know dick about football.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2014, 05:55:15 PM »
And thanks, Chad, for saying it better than I did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2014, 06:01:02 PM »
I really hate when people bring karma and whatnot into the fortunes of the Auburn football team, but part of me wants to tell the Auburn fans that bitched about the way in which we beat the #3 team in the country, to whom we were underdogs...hope you're happy. You wanted so badly to bitch about how awful we are and how shitty we looked. Well, THIS WEEKEND you got your wish.

Alabama is every bit the "team of destiny" people said we were last year. Lucky fucking assed breaks every step of the way. They SHOULD have lost to Arkansas and LSU. They looked like shit against West Virginia and Florida. Yes, we lost to a team that they beat the pants off of 59-0. But they should have lost to teams we beat 45-21 and 41-7.

And the only reason we lost to aTm is because we did it to ourselves. Well, the refs helped their fair share (CAP recovered that goddamn fumble. The A&M kid pretty much admitted it.), but I'm not going to fall into that excuse. We shouldn't have let it get that close. The 10 point swing from the blocked field goal ran all the way back on us was the dagger in our heart. Turning the ball over on our first possession again to allow them to go up 14-0 in the first two minutes of the game didn't help. Neither did Reese's butt fumble. Neither did CAP fumbling in the first place.

All of that shit combined was the complete antithesis of the "everything going right" "team of destiny" shit we heard last year (and even last week after the Ole Miss game). In those cases we're talking about a play here or there. With the exception of the UGA game (that was cancelling out a blown Murray TD call), the others were more about pure skill than luck, but I've ranted on that before. Anyway, we fucked up in every way imaginable against A&M and were still in position to win the game at the very end.

So what does it all mean? I still think we're better than just about every team in the country. But I also think we shoot ourselves in the goddamn foot more than any of them. Whose fault is that? I don't know. Can we get our shit together to close out amen-corner? I doubt it. But it is possible that this pisses our team off enough to focus their rage on flawless execution to put together a complete game like we did against the corndogs. And if we do that, our best is good enough to beat both UGA and Bama, IMO.

Oh and there's pretty much zero chance we make it to Atlanta, much less the playoffs, but I'll be goddamned if I don't want us to play in either if the clouds parted and the stars aligned and that miracle was granted. As others eluded to, if we make it to Atlanta, then mathematically, we deserve it.

And I know math.

Great write up.

One issue though with the bolded:

I'd say the chances are pretty good of the Iron Bowl being the SEC West championship game. 

Like Auburn, Alabama, Oregon, Florida State, and pretty much every top ten team this year, Miss State has had its fair share fuck ups and boneheaded decisions and close calls.  They just so happened to stay on top at the end of each game. 

They have the 123rd pass defense in the country.  That's 21 spots LOWER than Auburn's. 

Also going with the very unnecessary eye test, they don't look a #1 team in the country.  Outside of some impressive plays by Dak and Steroid-Boy, I'd say they're the weakest #1 team I've seen in years. 

They go to Alabama and to Ole Miss.  Alabama like you said is having another damn dream season, so I'm sure they'll beat the pants off of Miss State.  Ole Miss was pretty banged up after playing LSU and Auburn, and they got Presbyterian and an off week to heal up before Arkansas and Miss State. 

I fully expect Miss State to have two losses by year's end. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

jmar

« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2014, 06:38:13 PM »
I think we will win out. Why not? We can outscore any team we play.

What happens when we win out, Mississippi St. loses to Alabama and then follows with a loss to Ole Miss?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2014, 06:48:46 PM »
Okay Tom Luginbill and Kevin Carter both say Auburn has the best chance among the two loss teams to play themselves back in it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2014, 06:51:36 PM »
I think Auburn can play with anyone in the counrty, but I think that both Baylor and TCU would give Auburn the most fits. Right now, I don't think that Auburn could beat those teams 5 times out of 10. Oregon, Alabama, Miss State, Ohio State...I think Auburn could and would beat those teams AT LEAST 5 out of 10 times.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2014, 07:10:57 PM »
I think Auburn can play with anyone in the counrty, but I think that both Baylor and TCU would give Auburn the most fits. Right now, I don't think that Auburn could beat those teams 5 times out of 10. Oregon, Alabama, Miss State, Ohio State...I think Auburn could and would beat those teams AT LEAST 5 out of 10 times.
Yeah TCU is a buzzsaw. Haven't paid as close attention to Baylor since early on when Petty was hurting but it looks as if they've hit their stride.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2014, 12:30:24 AM »
Ya'll can get all high and mighty and pissed off if you choose. 

Would I be happy if we went to the SEC-CG and won?  Of course.  I'd be just as happy if we didn't. 

There was a time, I think, when I let football fortunes define me.  I wanted to win for the wrong reasons.  Maybe I still do.  Wanted to win to shut up that stupid fucking queef chugger at the grocery store who made jackass comments like "we don't got no bags for no aubrens, heh heh heh" 

But he didn't shut up.  We won.  And he didn't shut up.  He just changed the tune.  "Yawll done cheated, cain't win nothin' without cheatin.... ya'll ain't got no coarch, just a high school gimmick... 15... blah, blah fucking rawwwl tarrrd blah..." 

So we won some more.

And he didn't shut up.  None of them did.  They just made their obnoxious crimpson A's bigger so that they now take up the entire back windshield. 

After my daughter graduated from there I got to the point that I realized that I don't give a fuck what Jimmy Joe grocery bagger has to say.  Fuck his uneducated ass.  I realized that Auburn wasn't just a football game to me.  I love Auburn -- all of it.  I love who we are, what we represent, what our people have contributed to society, how we carry ourselves.  I love it all.  Football?  Just a part.  The part I can bitch about because I know the difference between a tight end and a tackle.  Still hate Bama but that's never going away. 

I see both sides of Saturday.  There are some who want to see a heroic comeback denied by some late hiccups.  Others want to see a demoralizing dismantling at the hands of a team we had the talent and coaching to dominate.  Both are true. Neither are. 

If we were to somehow miracle our ass into the SEC-CG, though?  I don't want that same kind of display.  It wasn't just that we lost it was the multiple hows that irritated the fan in me. 

We played sloppy.  We were disorganized. We were confused. We made careless mistakes.  We hit people out of bounds for no reason.  We jumped offsides to extend drives.  We executed poorly.  We exhibited little discipline.  We played lackadaisically. 

We continued the trend of getting worse at the simple things -- something we survived against SC and Ole Miss barely -- and paid the price for it. 

That's what distresses me.  I want us to be in the SEC-CG and/or playoffs because we played well enough to deserve it and because we proved to be the better team.  We did that last year.  We did that in 2010.  We did that in 2004. 

Losing to a very bad A&M team was disturbing.  Very much so.  And I'm sorry if it offends you, but the team I saw play on Saturday is not one I want to see backing into the SEC-CG. That team was atrocious on defense and exciting but extremely sloppy on offense. 

If we play well enough to get there, then obviously the song changes. I won't be disappointed.  But what I saw and heard this weekend simply wasn't a championship caliber team. 

Bama's not either so I don't know who that leaves, really. 

We laughed at the Georgia loss to Florida, but to be perfectly honest?  The shit we took in our own bed Saturday night was 11x worse. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2014, 09:02:37 AM »
Really, there's only one thing to do now.  Win the whole goddamn thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2014, 09:05:37 AM »
I really hate when people bring karma and whatnot into the fortunes of the Auburn football team, but part of me wants to tell the Auburn fans that bitched about the way in which we beat the #3 team in the country, to whom we were underdogs...hope you're happy. You wanted so badly to bitch about how awful we are and how shootty we looked. Well, THIS WEEKEND
The karma doesn't bother me but the whatnot makes me livid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com