Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Big Game Saturday 11.1.14

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Big Game Saturday 11.1.14
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2014, 12:42:55 PM »
^^^^

Read the first half of this thread like this:  :facepalm:

It's been said, but we beat the #4 team in their house when they brought their A-game facing us as a #3 team. TAKE. THE. FUCKING. WIN. AND. BE. HAPPY.

We are getting to be as or more spoiled than bammers as a fanbase, and I don't like it.

Preaching to the choir for most of us. That last comment in your post is what is starting to worry me some.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #161 on: November 03, 2014, 01:11:51 PM »
Prolly the reason we lost Rashaan Evans.
:classic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #162 on: November 03, 2014, 01:39:56 PM »
Prolly the reason we lost Rashaan Evans.
Some of y'all need to get on Twitter so I can retweet instead of plagiarizing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #163 on: November 03, 2014, 02:28:14 PM »
But we horsed their collar.  We tarred their get.  We were lucky.  As Nessberger said during the game when Nick completed a long pass to Sammie "Well, they got away with ANOTHER one..."    Lucky ass cheaters. 

We gave up yards and nearly lost to South Carolina. 

Oh, but Bama nearly lost to Arkansas.  That doesn't count, though, because they weren't lucky they were good enough to survive.  They are clearly on another plane from any other team because they ... uh.... they.... hmmm.... uhhhh... beat Texas A&M, dammit!! Just like a few other teams did.
Backhanded compliment...

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/tag/_/name/what-we-learned-110114
There's something about Auburn: So that 35-31 win over No. 4 Ole Miss (7-2, 4-2) really could have gone either way, but third-ranked Auburn (7-1, 4-1) is starting to look eerily similar to the team that won the SEC and played in the BCS title game last year. The offense is churning out yards and points like crazy, and quarterback Nick Marshall is making clutch play after clutch play. And in the past two weeks, the Tigers have had a couple of things go their way. Last week, it was having two players wearing jersey No. 1 going unnoticed on the last play against South Carolina, which should have drawn a penalty. On Saturday, it was the incredibly unfortunate goal-line fumble by Ole Miss receiver Laquon Treadwell, who subsequently suffered what appeared to be a very serious leg injury. The defense certainly has its issues, but Auburn won in large part because of 248 rushing yards and some huge plays on third-and-long. It was an excruciating loss for Ole Miss, but the Tigers just have that feel to them again. It's a good team that's had a little luck to work with.

It is luck that the one call of the USCe that went our way was an oversite of a stupid rule on a desperation Hail Mary pass that they OBVIOUSLY would have otherwise caught if not for that extra darn #1 jersey confusing them.

And it is luck to force a fumble on a game-winning goal-line stand.

:fu: FUCK you, ESPN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #164 on: November 03, 2014, 02:37:28 PM »
So, we got away with one of the 11,523,235 missed calls in that game, and WE were lucky? 
Got it, ESPEW.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #165 on: November 03, 2014, 05:02:10 PM »
In re to the Defense: I didn't see one Jake Holland all night, much less six. Kris Frost was fucking hustling, way before that last save.
While it wasn't perfect, it was way WAY better than the usc game. We were playing a good team. A real good team. Better than I was willing to admit before Saturday. That pretty boy fuck and Treadwell made for a ridiculous combo...like they had telepathy. And as much as I hated them, and I'm sorry I said it seemed the officials were never going to call holding again, most of those calls were legit. Our fault, and sweet jesus it was always horrendous timing....but they didn't quit. I watch our guys scramble for the ball in the endzone almost every time they are run in...they aren't quitting on a play no matter how it looks. (except for that goddamned Mincey)And Saturday night it paid off. I cussed them, and I don't have any fingernails left, but I don't really have a lot to criticize. A hard fought win in a nasty environment full of players AND fans who were armed with conviction....I'll take it all day long. And I don't give a fuck what espn says.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"That's what." -She

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #166 on: November 03, 2014, 05:08:56 PM »
In re to the Defense: I didn't see one Jake Holland all night, much less six. Kris Frost was fucking hustling, way before that last save.
While it wasn't perfect, it was way WAY better than the usc game. We were playing a good team. A real good team. Better than I was willing to admit before Saturday. That pretty boy fuck and Treadwell made for a ridiculous combo...like they had telepathy. And as much as I hated them, and I'm sorry I said it seemed the officials were never going to call holding again, most of those calls were legit. Our fault, and sweet jesus it was always horrendous timing....but they didn't quit. I watch our guys scramble for the ball in the endzone almost every time they are run in...they aren't quitting on a play no matter how it looks. (except for that goddamned Mincey)And Saturday night it paid off. I cussed them, and I don't have any fingernails left, but I don't really have a lot to criticize. A hard fought win in a nasty environment full of players AND fans who were armed with conviction....I'll take it all day long. And I don't give a fuck what espn says.

Dammit, stop making me  <3 you!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #167 on: November 03, 2014, 05:40:44 PM »

Well fucking said!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #168 on: November 03, 2014, 06:54:32 PM »
So, we got away with one of the 11,523,235 missed calls in that game, and WE were lucky? 
Got it, ESPEW.
Thank goodness no one has noticed that Auburn ran a play with 12 players on the field (3rd Qtr, during the drive after Ole Miss went up by 10...iirc, CAP had a big run on that play). But Ole Miss wasn't flagged for the illegal double forward pass at the end of the game, so we're even in that regard.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 06:56:45 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #169 on: November 03, 2014, 06:55:48 PM »
Thank goodness no one has noticed that Auburn ran a play with 12 players on the field (3rd Qtr, during the drive after Ole Miss went up by 10...iirc, CAP had a big run on that play).
Genius!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #170 on: November 03, 2014, 06:59:46 PM »
Genius!
Shhhhh, we'll just keep it here on the X.

I'm thinking Coach Johnson should try that on defense...of course it would just mean another player to stand around and not cover anyone, then whiff on the attempted tackle, then run down field and hit the ball carrier when he's 5 yards out of bounds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #171 on: November 03, 2014, 07:10:18 PM »
Shhhhh, we'll just keep it here on the X.

I'm thinking Coach Johnson should try that on defense...of course it would just mean another player to stand around and not cover anyone, then whiff on the attempted tackle, then run down field and hit the ball carrier when he's 5 yards out of bounds.
I'm for teacking Montravious Adams to be our Carl Lawson replacement.
Back him off a 1/2 yard and run stunts off of that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #172 on: November 04, 2014, 10:56:07 AM »
I've said it over and over that I hate the whole concept of a committee and leaving it up to opinion and the "eye test".  Simple logic and sound reasoning would tell you if Auburn wins out, they're in.  And yes, I'm well aware that Lou Penith, Danny Jaimes Kannell, Butch Davis, Derp Turdstreet etc. are not on the committee and have no say so in the rankings.  But after listening to the rationale of some of these "expert analysts", do you really feel safe that we're a lock if we win out?  I've seen the comments that they're just saying it to stir the pot and get ratings.  Oh nay, nay. Do you really believe Butch Davis wakes up every morning going, "I think I'll go on national TV and say something so filled with utter dumbassery, that it defies logic.  That'll stir the pot."

Either it's his bias, or he really believes it when he tells the world that TCU should be ahead of Auburn....because of that great win on the road against WVU.  20th ranked WVU.  That's right, better than AU's win....on the road....against 4th ranked Ole Miss.  You know, Ole Miss?  The team that beat Alabama who opened the season with a win over.....WVU? 

Yeah, but Auburn isn't playing good defense.  Hey, I agree.  It's been a head scratcher the last two games for our D.  We gave up 31 to Ole Miss.  But wait, didn't TCU....yeah, they did give up 30 to WVU.  And 800 to Baylor.  But clearly they belong in the top 4 over AU. That was a monumental win in Morgantown.

And Oregon (They're just so fast) is better than Auburn and easily the best team in the country right now because....they beat the high octane Stanford Cardinal at home. Much better win than beating #4 in Oxford Saturday night.  Yes, Lou Penith can't decide whether to put those Oregon Tigers (Yes, he said it) or the Fighting Irisths in his top 4. 

My question is what's to stop the committee members from using this same ass-n-nine logic?     

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #173 on: November 04, 2014, 11:04:49 AM »

My question is what's to stop the committee members from using this same ass-n-nine logic?     

The history of the first rankings. If they used this logic before...I would be worried. They didn't, so I am not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #174 on: November 04, 2014, 11:07:04 AM »

Well, they haven't yet. They don't seem to give 2 shits what the blabbering morons on TV get paid to say.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2014, 11:17:11 AM »
I've said it over and over that I hate the whole concept of a committee and leaving it up to opinion and the "eye test".  Simple logic and sound reasoning would tell you if Auburn wins out, they're in.  And yes, I'm well aware that Lou Penith, Danny Jaimes Kannell, Butch Davis, Derp Turdstreet etc. are not on the committee and have no say so in the rankings.  But after listening to the rationale of some of these "expert analysts", do you really feel safe that we're a lock if we win out?  I've seen the comments that they're just saying it to stir the pot and get ratings.  Oh nay, nay. Do you really believe Butch Davis wakes up every morning going, "I think I'll go on national TV and say something so filled with utter dumbassery, that it defies logic.  That'll stir the pot."

Either it's his bias, or he really believes it when he tells the world that TCU should be ahead of Auburn....because of that great win on the road against WVU.  20th ranked WVU.  That's right, better than AU's win....on the road....against 4th ranked Ole Miss.  You know, Ole Miss?  The team that beat Alabama who opened the season with a win over.....WVU? 

Yeah, but Auburn isn't playing good defense.  Hey, I agree.  It's been a head scratcher the last two games for our D.  We gave up 31 to Ole Miss.  But wait, didn't TCU....yeah, they did give up 30 to WVU.  And 800 to Baylor.  But clearly they belong in the top 4 over AU. That was a monumental win in Morgantown.

And Oregon (They're just so fast) is better than Auburn and easily the best team in the country right now because....they beat the high octane Stanford Cardinal at home. Much better win than beating #4 in Oxford Saturday night.  Yes, Lou Penith can't decide whether to put those Oregon Tigers (Yes, he said it) or the Fighting Irisths in his top 4. 

The BCS used these idiots' asinine opinions. The new one does not. The new one only considers the opinions of those that had SEC teams not named Bama for 3 of the Top 4 teams.

I'll wait til they show a poll remotely as dumb as Lou Holth's polls that thank God, USED to matter before I get upset about the new polls.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2014, 11:34:38 AM »
We will find out tonight if the committee stays on the path of reason.

Also, I find it just barely interesting that the AP and Coaches poll magically aligned itself to match the committee rankings this past Sunday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #177 on: November 04, 2014, 11:46:23 AM »
I think we stay in and truly believe we'll make it if we win out. And no, I'm not worried.  I just wonder sometimes what planet I'm on when I hear the "logic" so many of these analysts use. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2014, 11:47:10 AM »

Also, I find it just barely interesting that the AP and Coaches poll magically aligned itself to match the committee rankings this past Sunday.
The Coach's poll is a joke and shouldn't even be in the conversation. It is designed to be as uncontroversial as possible. It was a mirror of the previous week's AP poll with adjustments for that week's losses. Now it's the same for the Playoff poll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2014, 12:12:35 PM »

The Committee is actually swaying the poll voters instead of the other way around. Good times.

With that said, no polls matter. NONE OF THEM.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE