Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Big Game Saturday 11.1.14

chinook

Re: Big Game Saturday 11.1.14
« Reply #140 on: November 02, 2014, 01:11:12 PM »

The frustrating part is watching week in and week out the defense not being able to tackle. I mean basic wrap up and tackle. On one play I saw three guys hit the running back and he kept going. Not one of them tried to wrap up. How many times did you see guys take bad angles to a missed tackle? Since the dawn of time our defensive backs have never looked back for a ball, I would venture to guess we lead the SEC if not the nation in PI calls. We are going into week 9 of this season, it is far too late for any coaching on tackling and how to do it.

How many times did we blitz and not even get near Bo? Why no safety blitz from the edge and drop a linebacker in coverage?  When is the last time we batted down a ball at the line of scrimmage? When is the last time a defensive back read a route or the QB's eyes and moved in front of receiver to intercept?

There were times last night that it looked like we have about 6 Jack Hollands on the field last night.

Frustration=our defense. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I am not sure I completely agree.  And Carlos Rogers and his Jim Thorpe award give you a big frick you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #141 on: November 02, 2014, 09:50:10 PM »
There were several drives that were things of beauty. That 95 yard drive in the third quarter was freaking awesome. Auburn makes it look easy when they are clicking.

The thing is, we expect that now. And then when we don't score every drive, some fans get pissed. Ole Miss had allowed something like 7 TD's all year against them...Auburn scored fucking 5.

Some of yall frustrate the shit out of me...

I'm with this guy.

In spite of all the mistakes we still came away with the W. We gave that team 150 Yards peepuls!!! Repeat, 150!!!!! Those penalties were a symptom of discipline issues that can be corrected. Same discipline issues were probably the reason behind the poor tackling as well. This shit can be fixed. And when it is, things will get good.

The O rolls when Gustav isn't thinking himself into a corner.

First 5 games of the year the D gave up 300 yards per game. The last 3 it's been 500 per game. It can get unfucked as quickly as it got fucked. We know the ability is there from the first 5 games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #142 on: November 03, 2014, 03:19:06 AM »
To the Ole Miss fans, Coach Malzahn has a message for you....

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2014, 08:03:51 AM »
Since the dawn of time our defensive backs have never looked back for a ball, I would venture to guess we lead the SEC if not the nation in PI calls.

Maybe someone who is more involved with coaching ball these days can explain this more fully but there has been a fundamental shift in teaching how to defend the pass.  I have never understood the face-guarding method where you have your back to the ball but it seems to be the popular method of teaching pass defense. 

In my day (100 years ago) you played the ball outright or gasp you just tied the WR up at the line of scrimmage where he couldn't catch a cold.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2014, 08:45:49 AM »

Tha fuck...??
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2014, 09:28:53 AM »
Our team has that je ne sais quoi.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2014, 09:31:39 AM »
Jenna said what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2014, 09:31:57 AM »

I know but what. did. she. say?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2014, 10:44:12 AM »

Stars wise maybe, but actual on the field playing, NOPE.

Stats usually don't lie and they were a top 5 D statistically until we put up 507 yards on them.  We have a tendency to put up more yards than what other teams are allowing.

Score yes, on the field, nope.

Score is the only thing that matters in the end.  I will take a win over anyone regardless what our O or D does on the field.   Was I pissed the entire game?  Yeah, but mostly at the officiating and the hitting out of bounds.  We don't coach that, that was just us being dumb.  I put that blame on the players that were doing it.  They know better. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #149 on: November 03, 2014, 10:45:57 AM »
They know better.

If they don't I bet they will.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2014, 10:47:24 AM »
Yup. Another big night by Payne and his lucky yardage that he continues to pile up.

Neal McCready (OM beat writer) said it best..."as I watch some of those plays unfold, sometimes I just had to sit there and think that maybe Auburn has made a deal with the Devil." LMAO, fucking dumbasses.

Yeah and he went Bush League with his shot at Malzahn not immediately addressing the Treadwell injury.  Sour grapes much, Neal?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #151 on: November 03, 2014, 10:47:49 AM »
If they don't I bet they will.

That is probably true.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #152 on: November 03, 2014, 10:51:12 AM »
Tha fuck...??
Yup, that's Coach break dancing (circa 1996, Kristi Malzahn made the video to give to the Shiloh Christian Seniors, to show Coach's "lighter side").
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 01:15:38 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2014, 11:08:12 AM »
There were several drives that were things of beauty. That 95 yard drive in the third quarter was freaking awesome. Auburn makes it look easy when they are clicking.

The thing is, we expect that now. And then when we don't score every drive, some fans get pissed. Ole Miss had allowed something like 7 TD's all year against them...Auburn scored fucking 5.

Some of yall frustrate the shit out of me...
^^^^

Read the first half of this thread like this:  :facepalm:

It's been said, but we beat the #4 team in their house when they brought their A-game facing us as a #3 team. TAKE. THE. FUCKING. WIN. AND. BE. HAPPY.

We are getting to be as or more spoiled than bammers as a fanbase, and I don't like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2014, 11:10:45 AM »
First 5 games of the year the D gave up 300 yards per game. The last 3 it's been 500 per game. It can get unfucked as quickly as it got fucked. We know the ability is there from the first 5 games.

We (collectively) have seemed to forget that through the first 5 games we were forth in total D in the conference and in the top 30 in total D nationally and that is something we all begged for during the off season.  The last 3 games haven't been kind to us on D, but pretty sure we can get it fixed.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2014, 11:18:17 AM »
We (collectively) have seemed to forget that through the first 5 games we were forth in total D in the conference and in the top 30 in total D nationally and that is something we all begged for during the off season.  The last 3 games haven't been kind to us on D, but pretty sure we can get it fixed.

And 2 of those were to top 5 teams in the nation and the other was against maybe on of the best play callers in the history of college football.

And don't forget about that team that has the Heisman front runner...

And the team whose coach, like Malzahn, is a top up and comer offensive mind. And we held the team to under 100 yards rushing not counting the 59 yard run that the QB had in which we should have tackled him for a loss...

And that we held ole miss scoreless for the last 14:30 of the game.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 11:20:20 AM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2014, 11:33:27 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2014, 11:40:46 AM »
Yes I keep forgetting about that staunch Irish defense that held that high octane Navy offense to 39.  Not sure Navy can score 39 in practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2014, 11:49:48 AM »
And 2 of those were to top 5 teams in the nation and the other was against maybe on of the best play callers in the history of college football.

And don't forget about that team that has the Heisman front runner...

And the team whose coach, like Malzahn, is a top up and comer offensive mind. And we held the team to under 100 yards rushing not counting the 59 yard run that the QB had in which we should have tackled him for a loss...

And that we held ole miss scoreless for the last 14:30 of the game.
And most importantly we are lucky. Damn I love being lucky!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2014, 12:38:21 PM »

Prolly the reason we lost Rashaan Evans.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum