Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Karma's a bitch

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Karma's a bitch
« on: November 04, 2014, 08:56:13 AM »
Back in 2003 I very nearly gave up caring.  When Ben Obomanu dropped a pass in the end zone against Ole Miss, a wide open touchdown for the win pass from Jason Campbell, the dam very nearly broke.  AU came into that season with a ridiculous amount of talent. Should have been solid on both sides of the ball. But there was a loss to USC, a shell-shocked follow-up flop against Georgia Tech, and few games later a complete breakdown against LSU.  We still had a shot at the SEC championship, something AU hadn't won since 1989. 

And then Obomanu dropped the pass. The reality of 2003 became apparent. No NC. No SEC. My heart hurt.

When I listen to Ole Miss fans whine, cry, moan, piss, bitch and rage I sort of get it as much as I hate them.  They got their hopes up.  And had them crushed just when they thought things were going to go their way. 

Oh well. Ben should have caught that pass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Karma's a bitch
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 09:02:38 AM »
"To honor the late great Jim Fyffe, when Auburn scores a TD, I want this side to say Touchdown, and this side to say Auburn. Ready?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 09:03:49 AM »
"To honor the late great Jim Fyffe, when Auburn scores a TD, I want this side to say Touchdown, and this side to say Auburn. Ready?"

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 09:18:23 AM »
IIRC, that made 2 straight or maybe 2/3 against Tech that we bummed out on. I don't remember that pass, thankfully. My shrink says that I've repressed a lot of memory and for some reason most of the lost memory is between September-November of 2012.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 09:33:29 AM »
I get it too. But at the rate of sounding like a bammer, Ole Miss is Ole Miss. The veil was lifted on that ugly bride while in Baton Rouge and we pissed in the punch bowl last Saturday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 10:06:45 AM »
True, but horse collar and targeting and Frost did it on purpose and 12 men on the field in the first half that got like 4 yards. Barn's cheatin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 10:12:27 AM »
True, but horse collar and targeting and Frost did it on purpose and 12 men on the field in the first half that got like 4 yards. Barn's cheatin.

Yep. 

The only arguing I did after the 2003 Ole Miss game was with my friend who was livid about Ben's drop.  I was upset but more impressed with the 50+ yard catch and run that would be on every AU highlight history video right before the drop. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 10:27:21 AM »
When I listen to Ole Miss fans whine, cry, moan, piss, bitch and rage I sort of get it as much as I hate them.  They got their hopes up.  And had them crushed just when they thought things were going to go their way. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE